RM-10 Bombushka Appreciation Thread

xXxKAMIKAZExXx

What sucks about storage space is that you have to sacrifice older custom aircraft if you plan on owning all of the new planes. It's literally just an inventory style list, so it should be no problem to add more slots, right? Right R*...?

It would have been a lot nicer to have multiple hangers or multiple floors

Prince_Polaris

How do I get into the gunner seats by myself again?

Can you hold triangle and enter the back of this plane without their being a pilot?

You can if you are a VIP, CEO or MC leader. But you have to be very fast to enter the weapon cam, otherwise you will teleport straight to the pilot seat.

How!?

Edit: it sort of works, but it's f*cking glitchy as hell, took me an assload of attempts to get into the turret I wanted, the one on top :/

Edited by Prince_Polaris

It is a glitch, so it may even be patch knowing the no fun police that is R*.

• Like 2

Prince_Polaris

It is a glitch, so it may even be patch knowing the no fun police that is R*.

Why can't they let me land my GIANT ASS TARGET OF A PLANE and get on the gun? If we can do it in the motorized land vehicles then why not!?

• Like 2

I like using it for hostile takeover LSIA, and beachingbit on buildings with a big enough roof. I get that it's not very realistic to shoot the turrets when landed, but I don't play GTAO for the realism, i play it because it's fun. It's fun to see how many players you can kill while parked in a hangar with only the nose sticking out at LSIA. It's some troll level sh*t, but it's fun as f*ck (also a good way to poach crates if you also have a hangar at LSIA 😈).

Edited by AUScowboy
  • Like 2

The Wandering Hunter

just used this thing in chop chop like an ac130

quite a lot of fun but a lot of effort to go to to use it (its speed means a savage can just sh*tstomp before you get there but the savage dude wanted in lol)

having both cannons firing at once is pretty cool.

• Like 1

delorianlazarus

I just had great fun doing some contact missions with it, like the one where your have to eliminate 4 guys for Gerald, and some Blowout as well as LS Connection.

You just need some patience.

A lots of patience, actually.

Edited by delorianlazarus
  • Like 2

delorianlazarus

^

If you talk about aileron roll, then you need to start it from high altitude, expect a big drop.

If you talk about barrel roll, it's possible too but it requires even more altitude: first drop straight for the ground to gain some speed, then pull up as hard as you can, and hope for the best.

It will take a while to do that loop.

The beeping sound is the stall warning. The scratching noise is because of the wings hitting the trees, and the smell of kerosene is because you are on fire.

• Like 6

Black-Dragon96

What sucks about storage space is that you have to sacrifice older custom aircraft if you plan on owning all of the new planes. It's literally just an inventory style list, so it should be no problem to add more slots, right? Right R*...?

It would have been a lot nicer to have multiple hangers or multiple floors

Simply more slots in general (more than the overall 20) would have been enough for me.

• Like 2

I have seen literally no one flying this thing since it's been released. :(

I've seen one, three guys manning it coming at me as the only other player in the lobby. I bombed the hell out of them with my Rogue, and they left after trying to take me on once with Hydras and failing.

Edited by DarkFlame588

^I was just about to post that lol. Those guys make this thing look awesome. The range on the cannons is just beyond any explosive cannon we've got in the game (aside from the sniper).

It's the amount of people it needs I think. I mean, I probably never will get to fly a fully packed one, which is kind of sad.

The sniper doesn't help though.

• Like 3

Well I wanted to buy one, but there are 2 many downsides I guess so I didnt get one yet.

For me its:

1. The armor is a joke

2. Its speed is just soooo slow

3. Ye I need friends online and we usually are just grinding(thnx R* for the 100mil dlcs were going to these days) in a solo public session.

4. I guess once I took all that in it ment it was suddenly overpriced for me xD

Yeah, why they gave this aircraft the exact same explosive resistance as the other planes from the update, eludes me. It really does need a buff.

Anyhow, I've figured that the front (nose turret) is probably the best when it comes to ground targets, as the cannon can go all the way around (360 degrees). It can also be used when AI helicopters are chasing you nearby and they drop just below the height of the Bombushka's wings.

You can also set a bank angle and maintain the altitude with throttle control only, which allows the aircraft to keep turning in circles which in turn gives the ability to "lock down an area".

• Like 2

delorianlazarus

^

I can't agree more: the front turret gives the best results, and with proper maneuvers the pilot can make the gunner see every angle at will, except the very top.

So when 2 people take gunner seats, priorities are top and bottom turrets: the rear turret is then an extra luxury, only to be used if a 3rd dude is ready to take part in some bombing action.

• 2 weeks later...
xXxKAMIKAZExXx

I must admit, I was greatly disappointed with this plane when it first released. The lack of a cargo door function was one thing, but the fact that this behemoth flys slower than a blimp. Makes me think...this aircraft may have been better received it had used the model of a WWI airship: it has its slow speed and agility, medium sized cannons, small player capacity and its even a bomber - something out the ordinary for a cargo/gunship. Just a though. Aestheticlly, this is still one of my favourite planes to own.

whywontyoulisten

Mogul: the practical version of this.

• Like 2

Black-Dragon96

Well i finally bought one and I absolutely love it.

Yes its slow and yes the armor could be a lot better but its great to simply cruise around and if you have all stations manned and a competent pilot its great against ground targets.

i0wYbwP5dk-MYeuYeUEtRg_0_0_small.jpg

HeatproofLemur

I saw one today in a public lobby, he lasted about 3 minutes I reckon, i was passing him in my ultralight 🤣

Had a nice joust yesterday where I was going for his bounty and he mine, turned out there was two of them in their Bombushka (I was in my Starling). I took 1 nose gun hit just fine, he took 5 bombs... poorly :D

So yeah, this needs super armour and 200+ bombs to be worth getting, sadly. Another underpowered plane :/ Shame because I love a good bomb truck.

^

If you talk about aileron roll, then you need to start it from high altitude, expect a big drop.

If you talk about barrel roll, it's possible too but it requires even more altitude: first drop straight for the ground to gain some speed, then pull up as hard as you can, and hope for the best.

It will take a while to do that loop.

The beeping sound is the stall warning. The scratching noise is because of the wings hitting the trees, and the smell of kerosene is because you are on fire.

Sounds like you're describing a loop and not a barrel roll.

Edited by Foxwolfe
  • Like 2

Yeah,

Aileron roll: just pull left or right on the stick

Barrel roll: Involves rudder too, to form more of a spiral.

delorianlazarus

Between all these aileron, barrel, loop, and sashimi rolls, I'm getting confused, I admit it :D

Anyway, you can stunt with that big badas$, but at your own risks. make sure you always start with a safety margin :)

Yeah I just assumed it was similar to the Titan in that regard, and that thing is obviously not agile at all :p

HeatproofLemur

Yeah I just assumed it was similar to the Titan in that regard, and that thing is obviously not agile at all :p

f*ck no it's not agile haha, imagine eclipse towers with 4 ancient Russian turboprop engines and your just about there, don't forget to chrome the whole thing for the full 'look at me I'm a huge target and every body can see AND hear me' effect

Edited by Rottieman92

Yeah,

Aileron roll: just pull left or right on the stick

Barrel roll: Involves rudder too, to form more of a spiral.

Between all these aileron, barrel, loop, and sashimi rolls, I'm getting confused, I admit it :D

p3ykobya5ywl1ioa6oeu.jpg

also -

Edited by Piro
  • Like 2

PLANES vs RPGs & SNIPERS (on top of a bridge) - link

BIKERS vs RPGs - link

RPGs vs Insurgents - Alamo Sea - link

Cars DeathRun 1 (reaper & raptor) - link

Cars DeathRun 2 - Windmills - link

> Cars vs Runners 3 -DUKE O'DEATH-RUN (New!) - link

> Cars vs Runners 4 - OFFROADS (New!) - link

> Seabreeze Planes vs RPGS (New!) - link

> RPGS vs Smuggler Planes - Alamo Sea (New!) - link

HeatproofLemur

All these years performing cinnamon rolls while I thought it was barrel rolls....

Thanks!

Both go equally well with coffee 👌