1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
ClaudeIzABadAzz

Getting A Gaming PC, Suggestions?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

There's another PC place, called PC Case Gear, here's the link:

https://www.pccasegear.com

Also, I won't bother posting the specs on that other desktop, since it's inferior to the last one.

Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz

Finn 7 five 11

There is 3 websites you can use for building PC's in Australia.

MSY - http://www.msy.com.au/home.php

Scorptech - https://www.scorptec.com.au/

PC Case Gear - https://www.pccasegear.com/

So whoever is deciding on these builds, pick from there, you can hit the budget nicely.

You could purchase a pre-built PC but some of the common problems are:
- Poor airflow/Rubbish case, this will kill your computer faster than anything, because heat build-up ruins components.

- Weak or low quality power supplies, potential fire risk, and again can damage your PC.

- Often unbalanced.

-Over-priced.

If you have your cousin on hand, you should order the parts separately, and get him to put it together, you could watch him and learn a few things, despite what you think, it actually is very easy, I was something like 16 when I put together my first PC with some friends, it only took a few hours of reading to have a good idea of the different pieces in a computer. I haven't read anything for about 3 years now, so I am a little forgetful, but a computer only has a few components. Putting together is like lego. Here is a simple little list to help you understand :)

If not, I recommend a custom build, but paying someone to put it together, you will definitely be able to do it for well under $2000 and your PC will probably be good for another 3 years worth of new games.

1. A case, where you put everything inside. Kinda like the chassis of a car.

2. The motherboard, this is the green board with all the connections on it, everything plugs into it. This is like the engine of the car before you add the gearbox, the hoses, fans and the drive shaft and your radio etc to it.

3. Power Supply Unit, (PSU) It controls the electricity to the rest of the pc, I guess the alternator is the closest analogy.
4. Central Processing unit, (CPU) this is like the combustion chamber in a car, it takes the fuel, and turns it into power, it is also the gearbox and the driveshaft, it decides how fast your car goes, which gear to be in, and how much power it will use to do each function. It does all of the thinking in your computer, It runs your PC basically.
5. Graphics Processing Unit, (GPU/Graphics Card) this thing is like a turbocharger for your car, you don't need iy for simpler things like web browsing, your CPU will do that, but imagine you are on the highway, and want to accelerate really really fast, the turbocharger would kick in and speed your car up very quickly and make it drive faster than it normally could. That is what a Graphics card does, so when you open a game, if your graphics card isn't working, the game might still run, but it will be laggy and slow because the CPU can only devote some of its power to the game, this is where your graphics card kicks in, like a turbocharger, and speeds everything up, so your game will run much faster and more smoothly.
6. Cooling Fan! This is just like a cooling fan on a car, it is there to cool the engine down. The CPU is the part that gets the hottest.
7. Harddrive! Well you know what this is!

8. RAM/Memory! I am sure you know what this is also, it remembers things short term to make everything faster. Like how many tabs you have open on your browser and the loaded webpages in them.

Then you have a mouse and keyboard and monitor, that is like the wheels of the car, because without them you can't control what the PC does!

Do you think your cousin would put it together for you? We are all here to help you get the best deal :)

ClaudeIzABadAzz

So whoever is deciding on these builds, pick from there, you can hit the budget nicely.

- Poor airflow/Rubbish case, this will kill your computer faster than anything, because heat build-up ruins components.

- Weak or low quality power supplies, potential fire risk, and again can damage your PC.

- Often unbalanced.

-Over-priced.

If you have your cousin on hand, you should order the parts separately, and get him to put it together, you could watch him and learn a few things, despite what you think, it actually is very easy, I was something like 16 when I put together my first PC with some friends, it only took a few hours of reading to have a good idea of the different pieces in a computer. I haven't read anything for about 3 years now, so I am a little forgetful, but a computer only has a few components. Putting together is like lego. Here is a simple little list to help you understand :)

If not, I recommend a custom build, but paying someone to put it together, you will definitely be able to do it for well under $2000 and your PC will probably be good for another 3 years worth of new games.

2. The motherboard, this is the green board with all the connections on it, everything plugs into it. This is like the engine of the car before you add the gearbox, the hoses, fans and the drive shaft and your radio etc to it.

3. Power Supply Unit, (PSU) It controls the electricity to the rest of the pc, I guess the alternator is the closest analogy.

4. Central Processing unit, (CPU) this is like the combustion chamber in a car, it takes the fuel, and turns it into power, it is also the gearbox and the driveshaft, it decides how fast your car goes, which gear to be in, and how much power it will use to do each function. It does all of the thinking in your computer, It runs your PC basically.

5. Graphics Processing Unit, (GPU/Graphics Card) this thing is like a turbocharger for your car, you don't need iy for simpler things like web browsing, your CPU will do that, but imagine you are on the highway, and want to accelerate really really fast, the turbocharger would kick in and speed your car up very quickly and make it drive faster than it normally could. That is what a Graphics card does, so when you open a game, if your graphics card isn't working, the game might still run, but it will be laggy and slow because the CPU can only devote some of its power to the game, this is where your graphics card kicks in, like a turbocharger, and speeds everything up, so your game will run much faster and more smoothly.

6. Cooling Fan! This is just like a cooling fan on a car, it is there to cool the engine down. The CPU is the part that gets the hottest.

8. RAM/Memory! I am sure you know what this is also, it remembers things short term to make everything faster. Like how many tabs you have open on your browser and the loaded webpages in them.

Then you have a mouse and keyboard and monitor, that is like the wheels of the car, because without them you can't control what the PC does!

Do you think your cousin would put it together for you? We are all here to help you get the best deal :)

I'm very sorry Finn, but you have unfortunately wasted your time writing all that up, as I have purchased a PC from MSY. They should be done no later than Thursday.

Finn 7 five 11

- Often unbalanced.

-Over-priced.

I'm very sorry Finn, but you have unfortunately wasted your time writing all that up, as I have purchased a PC from MSY. They should be done no later than Thursday.

It's not a waste of time, because that information can still be useful for you; I also refreshed by memory on things as well, so it's good for me too!

Blaze

wat

HaRdSTyLe_83

wat

you know the fans that the gpu have? they are there to push more air into the turbocharger, everyone knows that more air = bigger combustion

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

Blaze

get this case and install nitrous for your ram

aeroracer_004.jpg

Finn 7 five 11

Snip

wat

I tried my best to make an analogy haha, but you can't really make a perfect one hahaha.

ClaudeIzABadAzz

aeroracer_004.jpg

case comes with it.

@Finn 7 whatever the heck your name is, yeah, you're right it is still useful information.

Finn 7 five 11

aeroracer_004.jpg

case comes with it.

@Finn 7 whatever the heck your name is, yeah, you're right it is still useful information.

THis comment is great haha.

I forgot to ask, what did you end up purchasing?

ClaudeIzABadAzz

aeroracer_004.jpg

case comes with it.

THis comment is great haha.

I forgot to ask, what did you end up purchasing?

Performance Pack A6