Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,869 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

russeler97

Ultralight Trike Discussion

MeisterJazz

How's the gun on this thing?

AlphaSierra111996

How's the gun on this thing?

Id like to think it's a bit better than the Buzzards. Shoots slower I believe, not too much slower though.

RyuNova

The gun will shred NPC police choppers pretty fast, Buzzards are just asking for turret fire through the cockpit.

nargris

My only gripe (and its minor) is the button layout ot using the gun using the controller.

To aim you use the right stick and to shoot its the X(PS4) button. Which makes it very awkward to aim, shoot and control the ultra light at the same time.

They could have used the same weapon controls for the gun as personal weapons (using left and right bumpers) as they aren't used when flying the ultralight.

But like I said its a minor gripe and I still like the aircraft

NightShark

They could have used the same weapon controls for the gun as personal weapons (using left and right bumpers) as they aren't used when flying the ultralight.

The left and right bumpers are actually used for steering the front wheel of the microlight on the ground.

nargris

The left and right bumpers are actually used for steering the front wheel of the microlight on the ground.

Ah fair enough, tbh I've nevwr spend much time on the ground with this thing

Cutter De Blanc

I have one, not too sure how I feel about this thing, somebody shot me down while I was trying to test the off radar capabilities, and I haven't brought it back out since.

m2roadwarrior

Intended to get this right away but ended up tricking out my hanger, hope to pick it up soon!

AUScowboy

The left and right bumpers are actually used for steering the front wheel of the microlight on the ground.L1 and R1 are yaw, yes, but the triggers are not assigned to anything for the Ultralight.

L1/R1 can be used to steer with yaw in the air as well BTW.

Edited by AUScowboy

Fozzie

3MavmtA.jpg

sGUmOqR.jpg

iHG62HC.jpg

MXbBJGz.jpg

DLZyqLU.jpg

vgL5pzK.jpg

cWKzmNt.jpg

FwJOcnN.jpg

mEqEmJI.jpg

RNGHsHw.jpg

lradEqU.jpg

4yr7kWg.jpg

in4sCyQ.jpg

Edited by Fozzie

Cutter De Blanc

Flying this thing is... strange. I feel like a gnat. Too weak to do anything but act as a minor annoyance, but at the same time too small and invisible to be messed with...

clinical oppression

Just bought this today when I found out it goes off radar. If I were to buy again I would forget the gun. However I successfully used this to jack an air crate and locate a ceo in exec search . Both times I got in close ....called Lester for off radar and bailed from the UL . Have also successfully landed this inside the city and have taken off from there as well . It's a fun and useful aircraft

delorianlazarus

We used to drive around with a friend after a long grind session.

Now, we fly with this little thing, find a spot to land, and go hiking.

Great tool!!

Smooth Longsack

This and the rogue have stolen the show for me. There's nothing quite like stealing somebody's hangar supplies in this thing.

Piro

5s25tWc.gif

just so you know - the Ultralight was modded with explosive rounds. It was a fair fight.

Edited by Piro

Gridl0k

Me flying this and trying to get a kill;

Joggle.jpeg

AUScowboy

As somebody said above, best to just call Lest and go OTR before diving out and attacking. Sure it'll cost you a grand, but you'll look like a badass in the process and most times the target will have no idea WTF hit them.

Gridl0k

Your other option, which I take, is to never leave home without a sticky bomb attached :D

Aslad

Who needs the gun? It's far more entertaining just stealth-ramming people with it lol

I've racked up many kills doing this, it's really fun. And because it glides so well you can remain invisible on the radar the entire time :D

One time some random CEO was doing piracy prevention, so I went up to high altitude, went off the radar above the yacht and bailed. First time I've successfully captured the yacht doing this :D

I had to wait 10 minutes for my Ultralight to finally crash into the ocean so I could respawn it though... it flies for so long even after you bail out lol

Gridl0k

btw anyone else had the issue where your prop stops spinning, even though it should be (ie it still works)?

m2roadwarrior

This has been reliable for me, the race handling gives more control and L1 and R1 controls are noticeable if still weak. Have found the gun to be useless, maybe need more practice. Been using this on contact missions with nary a kill from the sky but stylish entrance and exits! Saving up for cf prop for less noise over K Log and LS rock radio (my preferred station for gliding)

polaris23

:catspider:

Take off.

Fly straight up almost vertical nice n high.

Once above the clouds.

Push forwards till you hear the engine speeding up.

Straighten out and enjoy out running Hydras. Missiles and anything else that comes your way!

The deadliest of the seven sins is sloth :D

So it works every time? What about that whole 10 minutes thing someone mentioned?????

polaris23

Update...

Just tried the above technique. I am able to dive down until I hear the engine speed up, then I pull up and straighten up but my speed only lasts a second and then I'm back to normal. I tried it a number of times. Any advice on achieving the great speed you guys are?

Gridl0k

Update...

Just tried the above technique. I am able to dive down until I hear the engine speed up, then I pull up and straighten up but my speed only lasts a second and then I'm back to normal. I tried it a number of times. Any advice on achieving the great speed you guys are?

It seems to be very fiddly, I gave up tbh. I got it working a couple times but you go so fast you can't turn a damn.

Forza Harrd

The map is so small anyway that kind of speed is useless.

4Re9n6o.jpg

xiU1A3f.jpg

2LOGCGN.jpg

glWDgau.jpg

polaris23

I'd still like to try it damn it!!

Forza Harrd

I'd still like to try it damn it!!

It's friggen awesome. It climbs surprisingly quick, just a few circles going up and you're high, then turn and you go from the south side of LS to approaching landing at Ft Zancudo in NO TIME. Be on your toes if you're planning on actually trying to land the thing though because things happen quickly. I thought I was going to die but I somehow scrubbed enough speed to semi crash land without actually crashing. It was magnificent. I'll probably crash it the next ten times I try to land it but for that one moment, I got to live.

ash-274

I bought one because it was on sale and the off-radar option seemed fun. I boarded a yacht doing piracy prevention and they had no idea I was there until I opened up on the three guards. Crash-landed on the front helipad (was impressed it didn’t explode) and walked up to the top deck.

Gridl0k

I would pay $2m for a rudder.

It steers the front wheel and gives you a miniscule amount of yaw control.

Edited by Gridl0k

ash-274

I would pay $2m for a rudder.

It steers the front wheel and gives you a miniscule amount of yaw control.

It is a different kind of flying than everything else. If you're used to using a rudder while turning, there's a step to learn to *not* use one, but then it's easy.