Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,997 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

russeler97

Ultralight Trike Discussion

DrSame

Jesus Christ, I dunno if this is intended, but when flying at low altitudes with this thing (less than 1500 feet) the max speed is around 60. But if you get some altitude, more than 2000 feet and hold the throttle this thing goes supersonic. Try it if you dont believe me, go in first person view, get some high altitud and watch the speedo. It is INSANE, like faster than a Hydra. Mines got all the upgrades, and the silent blades. Please someone try it so I know im not going crazy.

Edited by DrSame

RickyRicardo96

This is the ideal way of landing an ultralight for those having trouble with it. I added this to the GTA wiki page. "Landing the ultralight is tricky because it's vast wing and weight make it very easy to lift when touching down. Touching down at or slightly below level to the ground is recommended. Using the attitude indicator (blue and brown gauge) in the first person cockpit helps with this."

Edited by RickyRicardo96

RickyRicardo96

Other than the tricky landing characteristics, this is an extremely fun and satisfying plane to fly. Souped it up to the max. Engine, carbon prop, the lot. Flying off the radar is the most redeeming feature of it by far. Inconspicuously watching warzones from above, and just flying to wherever while off the radar is a blast.

Edited by RickyRicardo96

Electrogypsy

Jesus Christ, I dunno if this is intended, but when flying at low altitudes with this thing (less than 1500 feet) the max speed is around 60. But if you get some altitude, more than 2000 feet and hold the throttle this thing goes supersonic. Try it if you dont believe me, go in first person view, get some high altitud and watch the speedo. It is INSANE, like faster than a Hydra. Mines got all the upgrades, and the silent blades. Please someone try it so I know im not going crazy.

Just tried this out and holy sh*t, took off from LSIA and was in Paleto in 1 minute. Its super hard to turn when going that fast and I'm guessing its a glitch but its going way faster then any other plane in the game for sure.

Edit: Tried doing it again a few time and cant get it to work again, seemed to only happen under certain circumstances.

Edited by Electrogypsy

delorianlazarus

One of the best things from this DLC. Amazing machine, and this off the radar feature is a gift from the skies.

And the model is awesome !!

leerocklord

36520947610_24972f5029_h.jpg

Ultralight Bridge Chase

36746775122_2b783171f2_h.jpg

Ultralight Deep Canyon

Edited by leerocklord

DrSame

Just tried this out and holy sh*t, took off from LSIA and was in Paleto in 1 minute. Its super hard to turn when going that fast and I'm guessing its a glitch but its going way faster then any other plane in the game for sure.

Edit: Tried doing it again a few time and cant get it to work again, seemed to only happen under certain circumstances.

HOly sh*t Im glad it also happened to you, cuz when I changed session I couldnt go that fast anymore :(

AlphaSierra111996

What handling upgrades did you guys put on to get that insane speed?

APB

The best vehicle or "plane" of this update, including dripfeed content:

s23VTY5.jpgCdnXDPr.jpg6iLeOE8.jpg

Big Molio

In first person, there is a really cool feeling of freedom flying the Ultralight.

RyuNova

I love the thing so much.

The OTR feature is so lowkey its insane, just poof and you vanish. No bells and whistles just...gone. You can spawn it close at the touch of a button, it needs barely any room to take off and with practice you can land it in tight spaces.

Yes, the thing costs nearly a million to buy and fully upgrade but like the Phantom MOC its very unique and worth the money over a generic multimillion Super.

It attracts so much anger and hate as well, people will go out of their way to fire missile after missile and my Flares just eat them up.

Edited by RyuNova

delorianlazarus

Most (all?) planes have a higher speed above 1000 ft.

So this one just has it, but a little bit more extreme ^^

SHOKKERZ91

Found a use for it. Slap a sticky on it and fly to your target. This "of the radar" feature is perfect for allahu akbar-attacks.

AlphaSierra111996

Edited by AlphaSierra111996

CrysisAverted

I unlocked it first, don't know if the trade price varies by player but I think I only needed like 3 ressuplys or something like it

Professional Amateur

I decided to buy one of these for a bit of a laugh and I actually quite enjoy it! It's pretty relaxing to sail over LS at night whilst flying in first person view.

AlphaSierra111996

I unlocked it first, don't know if the trade price varies by player but I think I only needed like 3 ressuplys or something like it

Yeah I found out how. It is indeed only 3 resupplies.

Happy Hunter

Is it fast enough to be good for moving cargo? That stealth feature sounds like it'd really help with that.

CrysisAverted

Is it fast enough to be good for moving cargo? That stealth feature sounds like it'd really help with that.

its f*cking slow

like a Dump in the sky

but neat idea, I may try it

Fugitive69

So is this the only plane that has offradar features?

ALifeOfMisery

Hadn't thought about this. Does the off radar feature still work when carrying a crate?

If so it will be very handy to be off the map and to get well above those annoying NPC choppers.

CrysisAverted

So is this the only plane that has offradar features?

From what we have so far, yes. Don't know about the unreleased vehicles.

RyuNova

Fly high and slow and nothing will bother you.

The Carbon Prop also lowers the sound the engine makes so you can fly over war zones and the only evidence of your presence is your shadow.

I have named mine Altair and painted it white and red.

DrSame

What handling upgrades did you guys put on to get that insane speed?

I believe I used the race handling

Well, without the supersonic speed glitch it has a max speed of 70 mph, sometimes 80 according to the speedo in first person view

Gorn Lord

I doubt it would matter since the cargo would probably still show up on the map. If you call Lester to go off the radar I'm pretty sure it only hides your blip and not the cargo.

Maxxi

I really enjoy this thing. Fly as high as you can, power down the engine, whip up some Los Santos Rock Radio, and glide your way back down to Earth. A wonderful machine.

TheLordMarvel

Is this not how you're supposed to land??

WZzwPPK.jpg

RyuNova

Is this not how you're supposed to land??

WZzwPPK.jpg

The Eagle does not care about the opinions of the Mice.

russeler97

HOly sh*t Im glad it also happened to you, cuz when I changed session I couldnt go that fast anymore :(Just happened to me, got it on video:

https://youtu.be/tH5CqJNi_w0

Edited by russeler97

Smooth Longsack

Just happened to me on pc. So fast i couldn't turn in time to not run into the end of the level. Hahaha. I hope this is intended