Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,298 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

The Hunter Appreciation Thread!

Happy Hunter

Do you people think that when an Akula pilot, who's most likely to have homing missiles instead of barrage missiles, is attacking you in your Hunter, using chaff might actually be a bad idea? I mean when both are already circling around each other to evade the missiles? I'm using chaff with my Hunter. But when you use chaff while circling, you give the Akula pilot the opportunity to pre-aim with a quasi non-homing missile at you.

I suppose in that way it might be. But the amount of people who'd even try to free aim a missile (or have any chance of hitting you) has got to be pretty low. Most of the time I use chaff, whatever's attacking me is just completely lost.

Against a good pilot, they might free aim you though.

Still, the missiles on the Hunter and Akula are a little better than the ones on the Buzzard, not quite as effortless to dodge. I'd go on the safe side and use chaff anyway.

secrecy274

An even fight:

Though, the video highlights some annoying problems.

Firstly, got hit by an invisible, silent missile behind a building.... again.

Secondly, my flares sometimes does jacksh*t against missiles, in fact most of the times the missiles just ignore them and still track me.

Still won though.

Happy Hunter

Some sexual Hunter kills in there.

Happy Hunter

Sorry for the double post, but I love the rare times I take an explosive round, and I'm not even smoking from it. Usually the Hunter's smoking after just one (it survives a lot, but smokes from them pretty quickly). Every now and then it isn't though.

Oh, and here some Deluxo kills are too.

DrSweatySphincter

Mine smokes after one homing launcher hit and eventually I have to spawn a new one despite having the armor upgrade. Is something wrong here or thats just how it is?

-KM-

Mine smokes after one homing launcher hit and eventually I have to spawn a new one despite having the armor upgrade. Is something wrong here or thats just how it is?

Just how it is unfortunately. It can survive 4 but always starts to smoke on the first hit. I hate that, forces you to make a dash for the hangar or it'll die after like 2 mins. Same story w/ the Akula :/

79'Blazer4x4

I really have to get better at using chaff, I always forget I even have it until a missile is already locked onto me and fired.

Happy Hunter

It used to be that I'd often survive one without smoking, then the next one would make it smoke. Occasionally it'd be just one.

Now more often than not it's smoking after one hit. I think it's just glitchy. Seems like all the aircraft armour has been inconsistent lately. Avengers going down to one bullet, Bombushkas taking 10 RPGs just weird stuff all round.

On a side note, I think the smoking state should be different. It should take a while for the engine to die from it - maybe even not at all, and just have the handling messed up. Instead it smokes, and then literally a minute later it's falling down already.

DrSweatySphincter

Just how it is unfortunately. It can survive 4 but always starts to smoke on the first hit. I hate that, forces you to make a dash for the hangar or it'll die after like 2 mins. Same story w/ the Akula :/A real buzz kill and frustrating.

Happy Hunter

sYPadZN.png

Kushology

Just messed up some people with it, minus a co-pilot, it was smashing.

Guy kept trying to lock onto me so I bombed him. He spawned on other side of the mall. I crept real low and barraged him while he was stargazing at the sky for me..

I had a co-pilot at first and we attacked people on the beach, they shot us down, we survived and then that led to a massacre from my friend and I. They ended up leaving one by one after a while.

:lol:

CrysisAverted

guy beneath me

hear 1 beep before my co-pilot instantly kills him with a single shot from the cannon

co-pilot is best anti-anti-aa

hunter is best chopper

Happy Hunter

Mmmm Hunter.

irish.chr

Just used the Hunter to take out an entire organisation of people who tried attacking me after I left my Hangar.

Surprisingly, only 3 of them called me a hacker.

MrTroubleMaker

24830237137_2c1db4929c_b.jpg

Happy Hunter

irish.chr

Here's some images of when me, WildBrick and Classique all went on a Hunter rampage back when the Hunter was first released. Images courtasy of WildBrick.

jBaKZkX.jpg

EHJUq7M.jpg

WqKRimo.jpg

Eh663kd.jpg

Happy Hunter

That thing where when you take it out of the hangar, it goes really fast - does that still happen? I heard someone say they got rid of that.

It still felt faster to me last time, but then I wasn't looking out for it.

irish.chr

That thing where when you take it out of the hangar, it goes really fast - does that still happen? I heard someone say they got rid of that.

Just had a race with Amy Vinewood to test it. I took mine out of the hangar, and she used the interaction menu.

Mine was still WAYYYY faster. I'll add a video here soon.

Amy Vinewood

Just had a race with Amy Vinewood to test it. I took mine out of the hangar, and she used the interaction menu.

Mine was still WAYYYY faster. I'll add a video here soon.

I even tried my Pyro vs his Hunter, and I barely beat him from Zancudo to Lsia just looking at the map alone. I'm positive a Hunter taken out of the Hangar would catch up to one eventually, cutting corners, taking a more straight line, ect.. He even won the impromptu race because the Hunter can land faster - it was that close.

irish.chr

And here's the video:

Happy Hunter

Ah, good :) I had a feeling they hadn't got rid of that, but wanted to be sure.

It can go really fast out of the hangar. I've chased down a lot of low-flying Hydras with it. I think it probably would be a faster thing to use for work, since it can land in more places, more quickly too (compared to a jet).

Amy Vinewood

Ah, good :) I had a feeling they hadn't got rid of that, but wanted to be sure.

It can go really fast out of the hangar. I've chased down a lot of low-flying Hydras with it. I think it probably would be a faster thing to use for work, since it can land in more places, more quickly too (compared to a jet).

It would definitely catch a hydra, I made one chase me for 5 minutes once, they never caught up.

It's also surprisingly fast on the start compared to a afterburning jet.

Happy Hunter

It would definitely catch a hydra, I made one chase me for 5 minutes once, they never caught up.

It's also surprisingly fast on the start compared to a afterburning jet.

It can sometimes outrun missiles too lol.

I need to change my spawn point back to my hangar. I miss having it ultra-fast.

DrSweatySphincter

Here's some images of when me, WildBrick and Classique all went on a Hunter rampage back when the Hunter was first released. Images courtasy of WildBrick.

jBaKZkX.jpg

EHJUq7M.jpg

WqKRimo.jpg

Eh663kd.jpg

Did someone ask for some freedom?

Hécate-II

I was feeling it too(asked it some days ago), but I was also under the impression I was being subjective. What sux is the taken-from-Hangar Hunter won't be repaired when autolanding in the office, something has changed with Doomsday heist. Before I always autorepaired my PA Savage with office autolanding.

Edited by Hécate-II

Happy Hunter

I was feeling it too(asked it some days ago), but I was also under the impression I was being subjective. What sux is the taken-from-Hangar Hunter won't be repaired when autolanding in the office, something has changed with Doomsday heist. Before I always autorepaired my PA Savage with office autolanding.

Nearly everything I land there always just seems to disappear. Is there something I'm missing to make that not happen?

I'd love to be able to repair helicopters there. Going back all the way to Zancudo is a bit much.

Hécate-II

Yes it randomly desappears, but this also happened with pre-Smuggler Pegasus vehicles. Sometimes it stays on the rooftop, sometimes it vanishs.

We should probably spread the word about it, would be neat to be able to repair the Hangar version of Hunter with office autolanding, instead to request Interaction menu one.

IceDree

Nearly everything I land there always just seems to disappear. Is there something I'm missing to make that not happen?

Something is wrong with the Auto-Landing thing, I noticed that if:

1) Land & order special cargo, the helicopter (PA, SS, Pegasus & even stolen ones) I came in will stick around.

2) Land & order I/E vehicle, the helicopter will disappear.

3) Land & just resupply with candy or change clothes, its a 50\50 chance.

That said, on multiple occasions my Hunter got destroyed after I auto landed at my office (Lombank). No notification or whatsoever, I have to find out from the interaction menu. Kinda frustrating.