Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,997 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Happy Hunter

The Hunter Appreciation Thread!

Piro

Yesterday I had a chance to test out fully upgraded Hunter in online (tnx modders) and man... I enjoyed it waaaay more then the stock version.

It was also modded with rainbow colors so that was nice. We had a little dance party.

It looked just like this old gif:

giphy.gif

Edited by Piro

DrSweatySphincter

By forum member Underrated Unknown :^:

Gaffa

I did some testing, comparing how much damage some aircraft took when occupied (according to that guy's tests), and how much they took unoccupied (with my own tests).

The results mostly look good for the Hunter. All helicopters took more explosive hits when occupied than when empty (some more than others). The only aircraft that took the same number empty as occupied, were non-helicopter aircraft (the Lazer, and the Ultralight/glider).

<snipped>

Cool, did you test the aircraft multiple times or just once?

Before Smuggler's Run, the Buzzard - for example - would be destroyed after either 1 or 3 rounds, when the rifle was being fired at the exact same spot on the helicopter. Yes, that did mean it was completely pot luck whether hitting the heli would blow it up in one round or three, but there was actually a pattern. If the first time, it took 3 rounds to blow up, the next time it'd be 1, the time after that it'd be 3, etc.

I'm hoping that because the Smuggler's Run update included so many aircraft - many if not all of them being upgradable - I'm wondering if they sorted out these "damage principles", because before Smuggler's Run (after Gunrunning) I found nearly all aircraft had nonsense explosive resistance, so I didn't bother testing them.

And I've been meaning to do that video on the handling upgrades for a while, something always seems to happen. I did a video explaining the engine upgrades for helis but that was it.

Edited by Gaffa™

Happy Hunter

I did some testing, comparing how much damage some aircraft took when occupied (according to that guy's tests), and how much they took unoccupied (with my own tests).

The results mostly look good for the Hunter. All helicopters took more explosive hits when occupied than when empty (some more than others). The only aircraft that took the same number empty as occupied, were non-helicopter aircraft (the Lazer, and the Ultralight/glider).

<snipped>

Cool, did you test the aircraft multiple times or just once?

Before Smuggler's Run, the Buzzard - for example - would be destroyed after either 1 or 3 rounds, when the rifle was being fired at the exact same spot on the helicopter. Yes, that did mean it was completely pot luck whether hitting the heli would blow it up in one round or three, but there was actually a pattern. If the first time, it took 3 rounds to blow up, the next time it'd be 1, the time after that it'd be 3, etc.

I'm hoping that because the Smuggler's Run update included so many aircraft - many if not all of them being upgradable - I'm wondering if they sorted out these "damage principles", because before Smuggler's Run (after Gunrunning) I found nearly all aircraft had nonsense explosive resistance, so I didn't bother testing them.

And I've been meaning to do that video on the handling upgrades for a while, something always seems to happen. I did a video explaining the engine upgrades for helis but that was it.

Oh just the once. I guess they might give more of a vibe than an accurate picture then.

Some areas will do more damage than others too. Like, if you shoot the Buzzard's glass - that seems to soak up some of the damage.

CrysisAverted

So at a rate of one vehicle every 2/1 weeks we should see in our lifetime right guys?

deadx23

So at a rate of one vehicle every 2/1 weeks we should see in our lifetime right guys?

probably by my birthday :lol::O:(

Remapped

Likely near Christmas if so shall be snowing in Los Santos so me hunter shall have snow camo paint and livery .

_47_

The one true savior shall arrive soon enough. Have faith my Hunter brethren, soon we shall have our holy salvation and the reckoning can finally begin!

Piro

Feels almost like Vice City

KXXYdDI.png

delorianlazarus

The one true savior shall arrive soon enough. Have faith my Hunter brethren, soon we shall have our holy salvation and the reckoning can finally begin!

*starts to flagellate himself with a small RC Apache*

MeisterJazz

I just had a dream about the hunter. I was killing a lot of sh*t the hellfire missiles while someone else was using the explosive cannon. Felt so damn real. Like a precognition

SHADOW OPS

You have seen minority report too many times. You mean premonition.

Happy Hunter

^You appreciate our good Lord, Hunter?

Bit off topic, but it tickles me a little when people miss with the barrage and then say the helicopter's no good because of it. Like, I can hit with one missile at a time using the Buzzard. If you manage to miss firing 7 at once, it really is your own fault to be honest.

On another note, we need a video demonstrating the upgraded handling vs stock. I'm hungry for more Hunter.

irish.chr

I just laugh at the people who say the barrage sucks.

I mean, I can cover a whole street with them, yet you can't hit one person? Really?

They have to be lying.

Edited by The-Irish-Hunter

CallsignReaver

I saw one guy on a YT video that said he "expected" Hellfire Missiles, 70mm Hydra Rockets & a 30mm cannon, and that the current weaponry is a letdown. I mean WTF does it have now? Guided missiles (Hellfires), unguided rocket barrage (what Hydras are), and you can upgrade the MG to an HE cannon so...

I'm dissapointed there's no camo based on the beta hunter which had the classic Ft Zancudo desert pattern. Even the APC got that.

delorianlazarus

^You appreciate our good Lord, Hunter?

Bit off topic, but it tickles me a little when people miss with the barrage and then say the helicopter's no good because of it. Like, I can hit with one missile at a time using the Buzzard. If you manage to miss firing 7 at once, it really is your own fault to be honest.

On another note, we need a video demonstrating the upgraded handling vs stock. I'm hungry for more Hunter.

Actually, you can do a 10 missiles salvo: spam the fire button when you have non-homing missiles, wait for 3 missiles to be shot, and then back to barrage: it enters a 10 missiles cycle, with non stop shooting. Of course there is a much slower rate of fire while on non-homing, but still...

DrSweatySphincter

....so uh I'm still waiting for the Simian to come out. Or hopefully when the big H comes some machinima creator can finally bring it to life lol

Happy Hunter

sot8dS5.png

Was going for a San Andreas look. Used a toned down version of the Killer Clowns filter, along with playing around with contrast/brightness, to make a fake kind of smog effect.

It's actually night time there too.

The Wandering Hunter

what is the hunter cannon range like?

Happy Hunter

what is the hunter cannon range like?

Very good as far as helicopters in this game go; better than any of the others.

The explosive one is 250m - halfway between a homing launcher lock on, and a Valkyrie cannon.

The non-explosive one is even longer. That out-ranges a lock on, and is 400m.

RetroStyle

I love how the missiles fire. You can see each individual missile fire. Then when your all out....BAM, fully reloaded. And unlimited. I Love it almost as much as my cars.....Almost. Cant wait to try my Personal one on Nov22nd. I get my Birthday present a week early this year lol. Only part i dont like is the silly wings they added to the tail rotor. Savage tail looks sexier w/o the wings.

Fireboy769
irish.chr

sot8dS5.png

Was going for a San Andreas look. Used a toned down version of the Killer Clowns filter, along with playing around with contrast/brightness, to make a fake kind of smog effect.

It's actually night time there too.

That does look a lot like SA. Here's a comparison shot. (The best I have on hand.)

c2YO5oH.jpg

Duckdude001

Was helping out my friends who were doing the mission where u have to destroy the jammers and while they were leaving from the jammer in Paleto bay and heading ls, my buzzard was going up by mt chiliad while they were already at stab city. my buzzard was getting left in the dust and I had to tell them to slow down a few times. This thing is fast! It's like the annihilator trying to keep up with the buzzard - ain't happening. If the fr version that we buy is as durable as the mission version I hope it keeps the same damage trait as the mission one in which it doesn't start smoking and failing by a few missile hits.

Edited by Duckdude001

Cutter De Blanc

This thing (just the mission version) took 6 missiles in a row before it caught fire, and eight before it exploded. I didn't like being shot down, but I can appreciate the fact that you have to overkill it or it won't die.

Edited by Cutter De Blanc

Happy Hunter

This thing (just the mission version) took 6 missiles in a row before it caught fire, and eight before it exploded. I didn't like being shot down, but I can appreciate the fact that you have to overkill it or it won't die.

Oh the mission version will undoubtedly have a lot more missile resistance than the one we get - they always do. Check the other aircraft in missions. You see Buzzards survive multiple missiles, with the ability to not get locked on, etc.

But the one we own will have flares/chaff, so it should get hit a lot less in the first place.

Also, even the one we get still sounds a lot stronger than any attack helicopter we can own right now. 950 minigun shots versus the Savage's 270-ish - and that's before anyone's inside it.

Kushology

Oh the mission version will undoubtedly have a lot more missile resistance than the one we get - they always do.

Yeah, the unarmed buzzard takes 3-4 homing launchers to blow.

-KM-

I just had a sell mission with it... 2 stray missiles from NPC's was enough for it to start cutting out (and die a minute later, just like the Savage). Considering that was a sell vehicle, which are always armored as sh*t compared to their regular counterparts... mildly concerned for the buy-able one now...

gH2zfEv.jpg

Happy Hunter

I just had a sell mission with it... 2 stray missiles from NPC's was enough for it to start cutting out (and die a minute later, just like the Savage). Considering that was a sell vehicle, which are always armored as sh*t compared to their regular counterparts... mildly concerned for the buy-able one now...

-snippedimageofdamagedsexualhelicopter-

Well we will have countermeasures for that one. That'll be good for the missiles.

The honourable Classique came in with some numbers earlier in the thread too:

Great news about the damage it can take.

STOCK:

One Homing Missile, blows up on the 2nd.

750 Mingun Bullets.

3-4 shots with the Explosive Sniper.

UPGRADED:

Two Homing Missiles, blows up on the 3rd.

950 Minigun Bullets.

5-6 shots with the Explosive Sniper.

Keep in mind theese are when the Hunter is unoccupied. It can take around double damage if it's occupied. However, I'm not sure this rule counts for the Explosive Sniper.

That's good as helicopters go. The Savage takes around 270-ish minigun hits. Not even a third of what an upgraded Hunter can take.

I know what you mean though. The mission version is weird in that it's strong against missiles, but it's also vulnerable to them at the same time. It'll take a ton of them to blow up, but won't take long before it's smoking (which kills the engines).

Once we own it we can fit flares or chaff to it though, which will help a lot against missiles.

Edited by Happy Hunter