Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,438 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

33zero33

San Andreas in your national languages.

33zero33

Has San Andreas been released in your countries in your national languages?

I remember that first edition of SA in Poland was only EN/DE/IT/SPA/FR, but re-release also contained polish-patch. I hate PL version. SA lost all its climate, some words made it hilarious, so I returned to EN version quickly.

It maybe interesting, but word 'f*ck' can be translated for ~5 different polish words depending on context.

Luckily only subtitles were translated. Voices are still original, thanks to the fact we don't have any black professional actors/voice actors etc. in Poland.

lil weasel

Don't have any Black Professional who speak Polish....

Child, It is Only in America that the Negro was taught/required to speak the Bastardized English to show how "inferior" they are.

In all other languages a listener cannot tell the race by accent merely because of race. (exceptions).

The Negro in American speech has become a Culture unto itself. With blacks for the most part condemning themselves by their lack of acceptance to American dialect English. (aka: Lizza Doolittle syndrome).

Evil empire

In the french version we also have the original voices with subtitles.

‫

In Japanese PS2 version there are few in-game changes, but voice lines seems to be original as well.

Edited by Bender ุ

Jimmy

No Hindi version for San Andreas and I don't ever imagine a GTA Game being released in Hindi either. It'd be like one of those disgusting Soap Operas.

33zero33

Shah Rukh Khan as Tenpenny

markusizr

On russian version is

Big smoke = Steam locomotive

Sweet= Handsome

Kizoky

They sell GTA SA in my country too, but nothing changed. The language remained the same (English). It's very rare for my country to have a dubbed game

Evil empire

Nothing in the original content is modified in the french version, the characters keep their names and the billboards for example remain in english.

HalfOfAKebab

On russian version is

Sweet= Handsome

Was the Russian version changed at all? I wouldn't have thought the Russian government would have liked it very much that the Russians were antagonists.

GTA-Biker

Nope,in Croatia we played the original English version.

There is some mod called GTA Croatia that has Croatian subtitles,turns GTA cars into cars commonly found in Europe,and turns LS gangs into Croatian football/soccer fan groups such as Dinamo and Hajduk,but that mod looks silly IMO (while there are brawls between rival football fan groups sometimes,none of them are carrying SMGs and shooting at rival fans,not to mention seeing late 90s and early 2000s European market cars in early 90s LA is ridiculously out of place).

Edited by GTA-Biker

ToyGT_one

No game back in 2005 ever had Arabic support, it's only recently with various games like FIFA, Just Cause 3, Watch Dogs 2, WWE 2K and Call of duty that started supporting that Language.

That and the fact that GTA San Andreas was never released over here officially back in the day so we only got whatever imported version we bought. Hell i would be surprised if R* decided to make official Arabic support for GTA V considering how the console version got banned.

j7n

On russian version is

Sweet= Handsome

A dubbed version is almost always inferior in my opinion. Even if the translations have received fair amount of work, different voice actors make it harder to identify the characters. I think the majority of Russian players agree that translations aren't good, especially unofficial ones widespread in this region. I'm surprised that the attitude appears to be different in Germany. All German Let's Plays on the web that I've seen are with a German version (or subtitles in the case of San Andreas). The people seem quite proficient in English in general and adopt many English words in their speech.

glose
Was the Russian version changed at all? I wouldn't have thought the Russian government would have liked it very much that the Russians were antagonists.

No, it wasn't. Our government hasn't paid much attention to video games back then (anyway Russian mafia appears only in two or three missions in GTA SA). Plus we don't really have rigid censorship.

A dubbed version is almost always inferior in my opinion. Even if the translations have received fair amount of work, different voice actors make it harder to identify the characters. I think the majority of Russian players agree that translations aren't good, especially unofficial ones widespread in this region. I'm surprised that the attitude appears to be different in Germany. All German Let's Plays on the web that I've seen are with a German version (or subtitles in the case of San Andreas). The people seem quite proficient in English in general and adopt many English words in their speech.

Actually, Russian version is not dubbed, only subtitles were translated (and a lot of people had to play poorly translated unofficial versions until 2010, when the official translation came out). About translations i'd say that half of Russian players prefer original versions with subtitles and the other half prefer dubbed versions. Fortunately dubbed versions are pretty decent these days.

bananaking13

I once bought a copy of SA and it was in Russian (which I don't understand and I don't live in a former USSR country) and t had a different storyline. I understood nothing but there were different missions. I don't remember where I live the disk either but if anyone knows what version I'm talking about it would be great.

nader91

german/austrian ps2 version had the english language but german subtitles which you could enable/disable.

Terrc87

GTA series wouldn't change the voice over with another voice from different country because it would messed up so bad and it would lose the true atmosphere about the GTA itself. Just look MAFIA I, its italian-american theme, A classic mafia storytales from prohibition era while the voice over speak a Czech language, lmao it messed up the game so bad.Anyhow, GTA SA in my country, Indonesia only change the text with my country language and the funny is the one who change the text (which is I presumably think its a pirate game) using a gxt editor to change the original entry line and its quite funny and it only translate about 30% of the text itself, lol.

Edited by Terrc87

IndogamersPro

In Indonesia here, there is a version named "GTA San Andreas versi Indonesia untuk PS2" It seems like an unofficially fan-made or pirated games.
As the translation itself only 35% Complete.
There is also PC version named GTA Extreme Indonesia by Naufal Irfan which is a heavily-modded GTA San Andreas. His translation is 100% and hilarious cuz it contains all Indonesian-adult Jokes.

Link Removed - Don't link to Illegal Full Game Downloads.

Edited by GTAKid667
Removed Warez Link

Sidaredd

In Turkey, GTA San Andreas is originally English but there are lot of Turkish translation mods. Some mods are adding new things, changing textures but some mods just changes american.gxt so you can play vanilla San Andreas in Turkish. They are translated very good.

Lioshenka

On russian version is

Sweet= Handsome

OMG, yes!

Wasted is Spent

OG Loc is Surface Level of Geolocation

Big Smoke is also known as Common Name for London or Fog Grenade

Tanner (from Madd Dogg mission) is Tan Cream

Blowjob (in the last Toreno mission) is the oral penis stimulation

Cryo The Hunter

Nah, here in Brazil we used to buy pirated versions of the game with portuguese translation, most of the times the game freezed after Pier 69.

LaercioM

I only played the version with English speaking and Portuguese subtitles.
The translation was good, it was able to pass all the wealth of curse words that exists in the game.

Jack Lupino

Nobody has made San Andreas in hindi yet:lol

But theres a Indian Youtuber who plays these Sa missions and dub them in hindi.I just love to watch his videos.

M.&.M

Nah man, just a mod of subtitles.. until 2016 the translation was so bad. and the game story was difficult to understand. this sh*t probably was translated w/ google translator. whathever, we have a new translation and is so f*cking wonderfull. like GTA V

Edited by M.&.M