Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,351 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Darkle

Is Grand Theft Auto VI ever gonna happen?

MojoGamer

Probably not, a new gta game would be impossible for them to make do to it being way more work to do, than making a singleplayer dlc for gtav, that they said is "too hard" for them to make. My signature uses quotes by them directly from there interview.

The singeplayer dlc was teased and it wasn't too hard, but was cut out due to the bens getting fired.

Gta 6 as far as we know already has pre development, but not official development. So too hard shouldn't depict their situation and that Tim Neff dude doesn't struggle with his mo-cap.

_P136_

GTA 5 seems quite like Windows 10, "the last version ever."

The sequel will be called "GTA Online Only Fall Creators Update Kit (O-O-FCUK)." Or something like that.

Xiled

Even when rdr2 comes out there not just gonna give it a few months and release the next gta. There gonna continue milking gta online to get as much money as possible even after rdr2 comes out, as they have said rdr2 can't compete with gta online. Making simple themed updates every few months gives them more money than they will make with a new gta game. The direction there headed now, another gta doesn't sound like something they will do.

MojoGamer

But if they sell Gta 6 on Next Gen that require 4K TVs. Then Rockstar is not going to want to sell it, cause most of us won't have those things.

What they making the most money is from current gen and current gen users win over next gen users, so they better sell gta 6 to us for some billions.

Then repeat the gta online scam with gta online 2.0 until late next gen and release gta 7 before Next-Next Gen.

Edited by MojoGamer

straightupmenace

Even when rdr2 comes out there not just gonna give it a few months and release the next gta. There gonna continue milking gta online to get as much money as possible even after rdr2 comes out, as they have said rdr2 can't compete with gta online. Making simple themed updates every few months gives them more money than they will make with a new gta game. The direction there headed now, another gta doesn't sound like something they will do.

as many others have repeated multiple times, take two and rockstar would be insane not to maximize profits by releasing a sequel to the fastest selling product in entertainment history. sure, gtao makes quite a bit of money, but i'm willing to bet gta 6 would probably make a lot more then gtao does because of the series's popularity and very positive track record with audiences and critics. i don't know why you people keep blaming everything on gta online, but they will not cut singleplayer or not make another gta. that would just be supremely f*cking moronic

Danie122

It will. but we are long way road till then ...

Journey_95

It would happen if morons stop playing online and paying for shark cards.

Those kiddies ruined GTA.

It is already outdated, other than the graphics and physics there's hardly anything I find strong enough that differentiates HD era from the 3D era. Multiplayer is the only aspect that has evolved by leaps and bounds in the series. I think SP is done. Even Rockstar seems to have lost interest in evolving it further. they are more focused on Online potential, which is where the money is.

In truth: frankly speaking - Even the current fanbase has realized that SP in HD era isn't strong enough. They don't want to play through the boring game trying hard to be a movie knowing how the story are nothing original but recycled material stitched together in a new coat of paint that we have already experienced in 3D era. Gameplay is what makes video games, and which is why I think the multiplayer aspect of GTA has clearly surpassed the SP aspect, thus even if Rockstar makes GTA VI, I doubt the SP aspect of the game would be anything spectacular like their previous offerings in the 3D era.

Don't speak for the whole fanbase, that makes you look silly.

The SP in the HD Era (especially GTA IV) is far stronger than any of the 3D titles for many. The stories in the GTA 3D Era are the unoriginal one's (as much as I like some), VC is inspired by Scarface quite clearly and SA by Boys in the hood & co. they are full of typical tropes.

Gameplay has been better in both GTA IV and V, nostalgia makes people believe otherwise though. I like the more cinematic approach of the HD Era and I hope Rockstar sticks with that.

Edited by Journey_95

The7thOne

as many others have repeated multiple times, take two and rockstar would be insane not to maximize profits by releasing a sequel to the fastest selling product in entertainment history. sure, gtao makes quite a bit of money, but i'm willing to bet gta 6 would probably make a lot more then gtao does because of the series's popularity and very positive track record with audiences and critics. i don't know why you people keep blaming everything on gta online, but they will not cut singleplayer or not make another gta. that would just be supremely f*cking moronic

Never underestimate a publisher's determination. As far as Take-Two is concerned, Online is where the money's at - this is why they announced that all future games published by them will incorporate micro-transactions or some form of an Online Component. GTAO made far more than they'd have ever expected, I can't see them leaving that business model to rot in the dust to focus on "Single Player First".

Will people get burnt out eventually? Most likely, yes. But Online has been popular for nearly five years now... that's half a decade worth of profits from one game alone. It would be incredibly stupid to not try it again.

And they will.

straightupmenace

Never underestimate a publisher's determination. As far as Take-Two is concerned, Online is where the money's at - this is why they announced that all future games published by them will incorporate micro-transactions or some form of an Online Component. GTAO made far more than they'd have ever expected, I can't see them leaving that business model to rot in the dust to focus on "Single Player First".

Will people get burnt out eventually? Most likely, yes. But Online has been popular for nearly five years now... that's half a decade worth of profits from one game alone. It would be incredibly stupid to not try it again.

And they will.

i didn't say they wouldn't do the online thing again. they will, but what i'm saying is that them not making a sequel or including a singleplayer component would be a serious mistake. the GTA fanbase and most of the gaming community would f*cking revolt in droves and sales would go down hard. you're right, online was more successful then expected, but looking at how much gta v made on it's release, (more then 800 million dollars btw compared to gtao's 5 million) i seriously doubt that rockstar is that insane or stupid enough to say "nah lets not make a sequel to what has become the fastest selling product in entertainment so we miss out on a potentially huge profit from doing so"

Am Shaegar

I feel like there's a possibility of GTA V's map getting a new addition as a new city (since its a state) more than a full fledged title with number VI.

Schwartzxz

the only question is WHEN. I dont understand why so many people think they are just gonna stop now. this series is now 20 years old. last game was a huge success. also they did say they already have a lot of ideas. there is no reason to stop.

GTA-Biker

It will probably happen,when even the kids get bored with overpriced flying cars and bikes, armed vehicles, tacticool stuff and other gimmicks,and the number of players playing GTA Online drops significantly.

Edited by GTA-Biker

Electrochoc

Is Rockstar have any reason to dismiss the most succesful game title? No, it is going to continue. I guess next GTA would be more online based, there is a huge consumer demand for online.

Queen Elizabeth II

I guess next GTA would be more online based, there is a huge consumer demand for online.

Lol, as if GTA V wasn't online based.

Jimmy

Questions like this one are sort of routine now. Asked in every few years, before and after the release of a GTA Title. If you ask me, it's definitely going to happen. How soon? Well, it depends upon on how sooner the current one gets boring and they (R*) stops making good money from it. And we have a new factor (Shark Cards) to consider this time as well. As soon R* feels the need to make some money, you'll definitely hear a new GTA announcement. It's just that they're not done with making good money from GTAO.

Edited by Arrow

Yinepi

As far as gameplay goes, then I'm sorry, Rockstar is indeed lagging behind. It doesn't matter whether or not in a crime-themed game. There are other open world games in different genre that have already set much higher standards, both in terms of exploration and sandbox gameplay. There's no way Rockstar comes close to fully realizing the potential of the games they make compared to other developers, which may not be big budget titles with millions of copies sold worldwide but they have great fan following and respect in the gaming community as a whole. I mean, HD era is pretty much the same game I had experienced during the 3D era, but in a much more advanced engine.

GTA SA is the best game Rockstar has created so far, which stands out from the rest of the open world games in many ways and even compared to some of the overrated RPG titles, when it comes to possibilities for gameplay. In fact, the graphics and physics are also spot on! I don't find any issues with them. Its still very easily playable.

The sad part is that Rockstar completely changed the direction later by putting more focus on multiplayer, and open world details, rather than pushing the gameplay further in new engine after SA managed to get the series in the evolved state.

Of course, there's a lot that can be done differently to refresh the formula now that we have better hardware, and an amazing RAGE engine, but unfortunately, they are leaning heavily towards pushing Online further than SP.

I agree completely.

Rockstar are great at making technical masterpieces, meaning the inner workings (animations, physics) are unrivaled in the genre, but when it comes to the actual game aspect they seemingly don't know what that is anymore. I've said this before I believe, GTA needs a reboot. Meaning an entire rework of the existing game elements. Rockstar needs to try new things instead of sitting in their comfort zone. Rockstar has the resources to truly make the best game in existence, but they never do.

There is many things Rockstar hasn't done yet and things they've done already that can be expanded upon. The respect system of GTA2 is a noteworthy element that could use expanding upon. But their focus with their games currently is making their games look pretty and realistic first, and focusing on the game play second. Yoga is most noteworthy of incidents. Instead of giving players purchasable houses in SP and the cut content like vigilante mini-game, they gave us that Yoga mini game.

Rockstar have also regressed in the most important aspect of their game design. In GTAV most missions there is only one specific way you can complete them. You either do it the way Rockstar wants or you fail. That's not exactly "freedom" and that is the complete opposite of what GTA was founded upon. Read the back of GTA1 where it clearly says "Open-end mission structure - Complete jobs the way YOU want to."

Grand_Theft_Auto_Backart-3.jpg

Edited by Yinepi