Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,694 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

General Methane

Done playing gta v online?

Solo public lobbies  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Will you keep playing gta v online if they stop solo public lobbies for gunrunning etc.?

• Yes I am done playing!
    • Nah i will still play...

General Methane

There is a lot off talk going around that Rockstar is going to stop players from doing various things such as gunrunning in a solo public session.I for one am done playing if they do this.It is just too hard to make money without some guy coming along and destroying all your hard work in an instant.I never have and never will buy a shark card either!

SHADOW OPS

I play in public lobbies so it doesn't affect me.

555-We-Tip

It's easy enough for me to still find lobbies with only a couple people.

I plan on playing until they shut the servers down anyways.

HARBUJAHN

Ways around everything

AmyStone

It hasn't been a problem for me. You just need to pick your moment. Sold product quite easily yesterday with 2 friends and 12 other people in the session. As long as there are no jets flying around and nobody close to the bunker then it's never a problem. So it's not going to stop me playing but then I don't play for the money anyway. Over $150m in the bank and I can't find anything to spend it on. For me the game is about having fun and not about the shopping.

CrysisAverted

The game has sh*t matchmaking you'll find yourself in small 5 player lobbies often, usually no threat there.

septimoose

My short answer is no, I wouldn't stop playing.

Reasons:

- You get a fixed amount for selling 1 unit from MC businesses or bunkers and no bonuses for selling in bulk, so you can sell one vehicle at a time in a small lobby fine

- Of the last 10 import/export sales I've done, I've only had 1 ruined by a griefer.

- I don't use MC businesses enough to make solo sales a worry

- I'm only doing crate runs here and there so I can get a shiny gold SecuroServ trophy... the cash from that is secondary

- I've rarely had a Headhunter/Sightseer ruined by anyone, even in a full lobby with marksman wiggling tryhards

Furry_Monkey

"Will you keep playing?"

"Yes I'm done"

"No I'll keep playing"

I can see why this predicament would worry you. For the majority of us it wouldn't be a problem if it ever did happen, but I don't see it happening.

Just enjoy it today instead of worrying about tomorrow.

Dottie

I havent had trouble gun running in servers full of people if they all just do their own thing. I've managed to do some stuff without trouble in near full servers too as organizations/mcs are usually to busy killing each other to notice me casually passing by :p

Methinks you should find another session

REXX

Wouldn't affect me in the slightest seeing as I mostly do VIP work, contact missions, survivals, take pictures and spend half my life in the creator.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I play a lot less but have not completrly stopped.

Just "killing time" and waiting for cockstar to remove their anti cheat completely to abuse the sh*t out of this game.

Hécate-II

There is a lot off talk going around that Rockstar is going to stop players from doing various things such as gunrunning in a solo public session!

source?

ILL

R* f****t on 4chan addressed it..

Same dude who leaked the Ruiner 2k and all that info a few months back.

Edited by iLLYHiGHROLLER

Xiled

Fix the game breaking bug where you get teleported to the beach because of the Paleto Triange and lose your sale? Rockstars anwser? Just don't go in that area. Oh just don't go in the area for selling goods even though its a random chance of that being the delivery area and even though its bugged they still have enabled as a selling mission.

Attacking an innocent method to play by yourself? Rockstars new top priority after money glitches. There wasting there time if they go after that after 5 freemode business ventures have already been created. Last thing we need is to lose our product do to "lagging out" of the session. Its bad enough they made your import/export car your driving light on fire when it happens.

If rockstar does mess with it, I am in a community of friendly players on ps4 who do the freemode businesses together in peace and quiet with no disturbances. You will also get some bonus money because there are a lot of people in the session for selling. If on ps4 send me a pm and I will let you know what the community is called and I know a guy who knows a guy who knows something about making 2 cars out of 1 car.

Rashkovskys Shiv

Nope,if they patch it,we will find another way.

They patched the Kuruma,we found the helicopter,they patched the helicopter,we got it to spawn somewhere else.

Yep,and I will be playing till they turn out the lights.

If they patch the MTU method,Like minded guys like me will band together and hold entire lobbies at bay while we make our millions.

idonknowhow

Finally. I don't understand why some people couldn't see the trend.

Xiled

Nope,if they patch it,we will find another way.

They patched the Kuruma,we found the helicopter,they patched the helicopter,we got it to spawn somewhere else.

Yep,and I will be playing till they turn out the lights.

If they patch the MTU method,Like minded guys like me will band together and hold entire lobbies at bay while we make our millions.

There is going to be an increase of players getting kicked from lobbies. People thought vote kicking was out of control already. Its going to be much worse.

Cheesy_wotsit

The trend over the next few years as Rockstar start to spin down GTA5 will be to continue with the overpriced DLC but I am willing to bet we will start to see more and more pay walls being introduced in to the DLC, just look at the content for the GR DLC how many pay walls was some of the content for that locked behind? You want a fully modded GR vehicle, you need to buy a bunker, (1) you then need to research the upgrades, which are locked behind a timed wall that you can pay to skip or pay to reduce (2) you then need to buy the actual vehicle (3) you then need to buy the MOC so that you can mod the vehicle (4) and then you need to pay for the mods as well (5). 5 different pay walls to get a vehicle that 2 or 3 years ago you could have bought straight off the Pegasus website.

No doubt what so ever if Rockstar do continue to give big DLCs then it's a safe bet that we will have to sped more and more to get the content, respective of the quality or usefulness of the content. On top of that we'll no doubt get a serious of real lock downs on 'easy' cash making, reductions in quick and easy methods, patching out of glitches, as the Op mentioned the removal of Solo Lobbies being able to do certain CEO work and just remember folks we still have day zero issues with this game that Rockstar have zero interest in patching.

All I can say is anyone expecting an easy ride with RDR Online is in for a surprise cause Rockstar and T2 are going to leverage every dirty little money grubbing trick they have been testing in GTA Online for the last 3 and a bit years.

Aquarices

I can see it being a disappointment to grind and then have your work destroyed but on the difficulty scale...I would rate selling in full public lobbies 6/10 maybe.

gtafan26

Can we get what he said posted here by any chance ?

III-Ari-III

I never depended on fully empty lobbies to sell or do my missions.. just search for less filled sessions when you don't want to get bothered.. not a hard thing to do at all.. and who knows.. maybe you'll met nice ppl, like i have, then become friends, then play togheter and defend your business if someone comes with bad intentions.. doing this my failure rate on sales is less than 5%.

M*A*R*I*N*A

I don't do that stuff so yeah I'll keep playing

Edited by N R G

LL Cool L

why do people feel the need to announce that they have stopped playing??

sleepwalk1980

There's quite a few friendly crews that hold peaceful lobbies. Join one of them.

Amy Vinewood

Can we get what he said posted here by any chance ?Here is the post, and the reply by him

IKSo4bm.png

z2t5h7n.png

General Methane

I wasn't announcing it,I was more curious how everyone else feels about it if Rockstar implements something! Have a great day LL Cool L !

jyssys

Yes, I would stop playing the game if they removed the ability to create solo public sessions altogether.

DangerZ0neX

Probably not, but man, that would cement my decision to never buy any future Rockstar titles because they'd rather f*ck over people who try to afford their overpriced garbage than to focus on what's actually wrong with the game.

Gameplay balance? That'll stay broken for-f*cking-ever. Enemy AI that blatantly cheats the game in a cheap effort to be "challenging"? That frustrating crap won't be gone. Superficial supercars and idiotic memecars? Don't worry, they'll provide with a dozen more ontop of the 50 added to the game.

Good Lord, what the hell happened to the company that I respected for a decade?

DangerZ0neX

If people can say that this is the best game ever or that Rockstar should only focus on Online because the "possibilities are endless" with little criticism, then I don't see why you need to be upset about people venting their frustrations from truly controversial scenarios like this one.

Hécate-II

Well...if they fix too script kiddos/ various glitches I won't care much, I.d say ok "Fair Game Environment/highriskhighreward". I'm both Lone Wolf and part of a crew.

If they don't fix their mess, I Will play Pacific Standard glitch h24/7.

No way that I play 100% fair when you have peoples around with money from mods/garages full of Opprssors/Elegy retros/glitched PS final.

How that sh*t would be fair?

Still 2 missions and 20 min of cooldown for 2 IE cars. With PS glitch I earn 1Mio250k/15 min. Even if I must replay the glitch with co-hosts after. I'm not doing it currently.

"Fair Game Environment" is extrême BS actually, really...