Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

guru_guru

Better Skybox

guru_guru

After saving game with this mod then remove this mod and load the save game, the game did crash and I realized this mod actually didn't delete sky objects properly.

I didn't realized loading invalid models from save games crashes the game until then, though. So I uploaded a fixed version.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bsoe322aezh4b5b/Fixed_BetterSkybox_2.0.2.zip

All I had to do to resolve this problem, was add this trick

function makeObjectUnsaveable(obj)	local objPtr = getObjectPointer(obj)	objPtr += 0x13C	memory.write(objPtr, 6, 1)end
This makes objects persistent but unsaveable.

Cool, I'll check it out when I get back home. Thanks!

VIOLATOR23

I'm getting this bug with Better Skybox:

Stars are showing in daylight.

19f6990f1589e916fea029789bc5832b.png

WeedSR

As reported in comments, the object collision was not disabled... A guy said there is an "invisible wall" bellow the plane. (on SAMP, at least)

I recommend to disable the collision to each frame to force it.

that's weird.

but i don't feel like doing that just for this one dude.

I can confirm this bug too.

Only in SA-MP or also SP?

Only in SA-MP

EmperorTigris

The clouds are not appearing for some reason.

What could it be?

guru_guru

I'm getting this bug with Better Skybox:

Stars are showing in daylight.

I'm almost sure that is not caused by BS.

The clouds are not appearing for some reason.

What could it be?

Wrong installation of required mods most likely.

RifleExpert
Posted (edited)

nevermind issue still present

https://i.imgur.com/sZUn1Qm.png

This happen in the single play and SAMP, it come and go, and then stays longer then goes. I tried SilentPatch and Skygfx pass rendering still bug appears.

Edited by RifleExpert

EmperorTigris

I installed all of them except OpenLimitAdjuster and SkyGFX(I use Silent's Patch instead) in ModLoader but there was no effect. Perhaps it's incompatible with custom timecyc and cloud particle. BTW I have also installed SRt3 Mipmap 2014 previously. Anyway I will test this plugin on a clean copy of GTASA later.

Edit: Succeeded on clean GTASA. Now trying to make it works with modified version.

Edit2: Succeeded on modified GTASA. For now the only problem is that I can't find the moon at night.

Better Skybox® by default tries to load customs IDs on SinglePlayer, that's why it doesn't work if Open Limit Adjuster isn't installed.You can change these IDs by editing the settings on the script itself (betterskybox.lua) with notepad.

Can you make it compatible to a version without "Open Limit Adjuster"? I am using the Silent Patch only (and I miss the clouds).

Edited by EmperorTigris

EmperorTigris

Nevermind, I fixed it.

But another problem:

When I delete "Better SkyBox" out of my mods, my savegame won't load anymore. Why is that?

Edited by EmperorTigris

guru_guru

Here is a small updaet I should have done weeks ago

Now the objects shouldn't get stuck on your savegame anymore.Still I would recommend you to test this before using your main save.

Also I added bForceDisColl due to this:

As reported in comments, the object collision was not disabled... A guy said there is an "invisible wall" bellow the plane. (on SAMP, at least)

that's weird.

Only in SA-MP

RifleExpert

Here is a small updaet I should have done weeks ago

Now the objects shouldn't get stuck on your savegame anymore.Still I would recommend you to test this before using your main save.

Also I added bForceDisColl due to this:

that's weird.

Only in SA-MP

Check again I still recieve isue with this mode when I go intoo boat my boat end up very high in the sky/ wehn I remove the mode I dont get the issue anymor

Edited by RifleExpert

Junior_Djjr

Would it be better to try to use SAMP compatible IDs? So add the objects without replacing in SAMP? I don't like this because SAMP may end up replacing those IDs in the future and you will be forced to adapt the Better Skybox, since the inverse will not happen. But it seems to be the best solution. Or replace only objects with no collision.

Edited by Junior_Djjr

Kage1742

I have the latest version of the BS. There are two versions in the modloader: "BetterSkybox" and "BetterSkybox - SAMP". I can play in singleplayer if I delete/disable "BetterSkybox - SAMP". I can play in multiplayer(samp) if I delete/disable "BetterSkybox". The game begins to crash, if: In the modloader at once two versions; There is no version in the modloader; There is an inappropriate version in the modloader. I tested the game without other mods, but this crash still remained. Can you help me? Or have I done something wrong?

guru_guru

I have the latest version of the BS. There are two versions in the modloader: "BetterSkybox" and "BetterSkybox - SAMP". I can play in singleplayer if I delete/disable "BetterSkybox - SAMP". I can play in multiplayer(samp) if I delete/disable "BetterSkybox". The game begins to crash, if: In the modloader at once two versions; There is no version in the modloader; There is an inappropriate version in the modloader. I tested the game without other mods, but this crash still remained. Can you help me? Or have I done something wrong?

yeah,send me your moonloader.log file

Kage1742
Posted (edited)

yeah,send me your moonloader.log file

After crashing in singleplayer: LINK WAS HERE

After crashing in samp: LINK WAS HERE

(Find in the text "betterskybox" by pressing СTRL + F)

Thanks.

Edited by Kage1742

guru_guru

I'm pretty sure I asked for MOONloader's log file,not MODloader's.

narcoticbaho

Can you actually please write a proper installation guide? It's not working for me at all even though I've downloaded everything needed.

Kage1742

I'm pretty sure I asked for MOONloader's log file,not MODloader's.

Ops. Sorry, please. My fault.

After crashing in singleplayer:

[16:22:25.326400] (system)	Session started.[16:22:25.342400] (debug)	Module handle: 62D80000MoonLoader v.025-beta loaded.Developers: FYP, hnnssy, EvgeN 1137Copyright © 2016, BlastHack Teamhttp://blast.hk/moonloader/[16:22:25.342400] (info)	Working directory: D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader[16:22:25.342400] (debug)	FP Control: 0009001F[16:22:25.342400] (debug)	Game: GTA SA 1.0.0.0 US[16:22:25.342400] (system)	Installing pre-game hooks...[16:22:25.343400] (system)	Hooks installed.[16:22:29.792400] (debug)	Initializing opcode handler table[16:22:29.792400] (debug)	package.path = D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?\init.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?\init.lua;.\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?\init.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?\init.luac;.\?.luac[16:22:29.792400] (debug)	package.cpath = D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.dll;[16:22:29.792400] (system)	Loading script 'D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\BetterSkybox.lua'...[16:22:29.792400] (debug)	New script: 05491C1C[16:22:29.802400] (system)	BetterSkybox: Loaded successfully.[16:23:49.402000] (system)	Installing post-load hooks...[16:23:49.402000] (system)	Hooks installed.[16:23:49.492000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @getIDsTable:	Using SP models table... [16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting SF_Sunny w/ ID 15135[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting DS_Night w/ ID 15148[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting CS_Night w/ ID 15147[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LS_Night w/ ID 15144[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting DS_Sunny w/ ID 15138[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting SF_Night w/ ID 15145[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LV_Night w/ ID 15146[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting SF_Cloudy w/ ID 15140[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting DS_Cloudy w/ ID 15143[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting CS_Cloudy w/ ID 15142[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LS_Cloudy w/ ID 15139[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting CS_Sunny w/ ID 15137[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LS_Sunny w/ ID 15134[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LV_Sunny w/ ID 15136[16:23:49.651000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @load_sky(): Requesting LV_Cloudy w/ ID 15141[16:23:49.896000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @createSkies():	Sunny[16:23:49.906000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @getIDsTable:	Using SP models table... [16:23:49.906000] (script)	BetterSkybox: @createSkies():	Attemping to create SF_Sunny w/ modelID 15135...[16:23:49.926000] (error)	opcode '029B' call caused an unhandled exception[16:24:32.900000] (system)	Unloading...[16:24:32.900000] (system)	BetterSkybox: Script terminated. (05491C1C)[16:24:33.070000] (system)	Session terminated. 

After crashing in samp:

[16:19:57.490000] (system)	Session started.[16:19:57.521200] (debug)	Module handle: 62D80000MoonLoader v.025-beta loaded.Developers: FYP, hnnssy, EvgeN 1137Copyright © 2016, BlastHack Teamhttp://blast.hk/moonloader/[16:19:57.521200] (info)	Working directory: D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader[16:19:57.521200] (debug)	FP Control: 0009001F[16:19:57.521200] (debug)	Game: GTA SA 1.0.0.0 US[16:19:57.521200] (system)	Installing pre-game hooks...[16:19:57.521200] (system)	Hooks installed.[16:20:10.288400] (warn)	Memory test at address 761F3A72 has failed. Value is 'E9 D9 B3 5C 8E', expected 'E9 49 4F BA EC'.[16:20:15.873600] (debug)	Initializing opcode handler table[16:20:15.873600] (debug)	package.path = D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?\init.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?\init.lua;.\?.lua;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?\init.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?.luac;D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\?\init.luac;.\?.luac[16:20:15.873600] (debug)	package.cpath = D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\lib\?.dll;[16:20:15.873600] (system)	Loading script 'D:\Kostya\GTA San Andreas\GTA SA\moonloader\BetterSkybox.lua'...[16:20:15.873600] (debug)	New script: 05DDF734[16:20:16.154400] (system)	BetterSkybox: Loaded successfully.

guru_guru

Can you actually please write a proper installation guide? It's not working for me at all even though I've downloaded everything needed.

If you installed everything correctly,there should be a log file inside Moonloader folder.Send it.

-snip-

Did you install Open Limit Adjuster right?

Kage1742

If you installed everything correctly,there should be a log file inside Moonloader folder.Send it.

-snip-

Did you install Open Limit Adjuster right?

I think yes. It should just be moved to a folder with GTA? I'm sure it works.

narcoticbaho

Everything in the log file below.

[20:42:40.944841] (system)	Session started.[20:42:40.948842] (debug)	Module handle: 72350000MoonLoader v.025-beta loaded.Developers: FYP, hnnssy, EvgeN 1137Copyright © 2016, BlastHack Teamhttp://blast.hk/moonloader/[20:42:40.948842] (info)	Working directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader[20:42:40.948842] (debug)	FP Control: 0009001F[20:42:40.948842] (debug)	Game: GTA SA 1.0.0.0 US[20:42:40.948842] (system)	Installing pre-game hooks...[20:42:40.948842] (system)	Hooks installed.[20:42:42.426224] (debug)	Initializing opcode handler table[20:42:42.426224] (debug)	package.path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\lib\?.lua;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\lib\?\init.lua;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\?.lua;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\?\init.lua;.\?.lua;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\lib\?.luac;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\lib\?\init.luac;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\?.luac;C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\?\init.luac;.\?.luac[20:42:42.426224] (debug)	package.cpath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\San Andreas\scripts\moonloader\lib\?.dll;[20:42:53.706044] (system)	Installing post-load hooks...[20:42:53.706044] (system)	Hooks installed.[21:00:34.827571] (system)	Unloading...[21:00:35.041167] (system)	Session terminated.

FreddyKrueger
Posted (edited)

Im going to get alot of hate out of this but what is "better" about this skybox mod. It's actually worst than others, from what I've experienced. The cloud textures more than often look like they were made of crayons, clouds often flicker, cloud transition turns into "crayon" like texture and then turns into the new cloud texture, random squares in the sky. I looked at the requirements and have them all and still these bugs happen. I know some people will just say it's a old game what am I suppose to expect, but based on the mod page

"These skyboxes changes their textures smoothly accordingly to current time,weather and/or location."

This isn't true for me. And when I see the screenshots my game barely looks like that, it will often just have crayon looking clouds. I mean sure it uses moonloader I guess that makes it better, more advanced than Cleo but at what cost? Buggy clouds that cannot even display the textures properly. Anyways hopefully someone will find a fix for this as of right not I cannot see what makes this better especially when I've been using this mod since it came out with same results and have constantly been removing and putting it back in.

Edited by FreddyKrueger

LaDiDa

It doesn't put random stuff in your save file, so that's a +...

FreddyKrueger

I've never had an issues with other sky box mod putting stuff into my save file.

lostmeogaccnt04

Did you try on a clean install? Sure you got no conflicts? For me, this is the only skybox i am willing to use, other ones failed me.

MysticBlast3r26

just wanna know how to install this mod...looks awesome

LaDiDa

Install prerequisites, then drag and drop in main directory where the .exe is located. You might want to remove the SAMP folder when playing SP and vice versa.

NoobDude-

@guru_guru The moon keeps glitching/flickering in SA-MP. Any solutions?

Sertorius222
Posted (edited)

Hey there, this mod or any other skybox which doesn't touch timecyc.dat won't work on my heavily modded game. I have everything i need according to the top post. No game error or anything, they just won't change the sky. I am using None ENB 0.248 if that is of any help.

Here is my moonloader log:

[14:25:26.385179] (info)	Working directory: E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader[14:25:26.385179] (debug)	FP Control: 0009001F[14:25:26.385179] (debug)	Game: GTA SA 1.0.0.0 US[14:25:26.385179] (system)	Installing pre-game hooks...[14:25:26.385179] (system)	Hooks installed.[14:25:31.063512] (debug)	Initializing opcode handler table[14:25:31.063512] (debug)	package.path = E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\?.lua;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\?\init.lua;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\?.lua;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\?\init.lua;.\?.lua;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\?.luac;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\?\init.luac;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\?.luac;E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\?\init.luac;.\?.luac[14:25:31.063512] (debug)	package.cpath = E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\?.dll;[14:25:31.066012] (system)	Loading script 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\BetterSkybox.lua'...[14:25:31.066012] (debug)	New script: 0D219CD4[14:25:31.067514] (error)	BetterSkybox: E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\BetterSkybox.lua:70: module 'MoonAdditions' not found:	no field package.preload['MoonAdditions']	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\MoonAdditions.lua'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\MoonAdditions\init.lua'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\MoonAdditions.lua'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\MoonAdditions\init.lua'	no file '.\MoonAdditions.lua'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\MoonAdditions.luac'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\MoonAdditions\init.luac'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\MoonAdditions.luac'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\MoonAdditions\init.luac'	no file '.\MoonAdditions.luac'	no file 'E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\lib\MoonAdditions.dll'stack traceback:	[C]: in function 'require'	E:\Games\GTA SAN ANDREAS\moonloader\BetterSkybox.lua:70: in main chunk[14:25:31.067514] (error)	BetterSkybox: Script died due to an error. (0D219CD4)[14:26:06.633966] (system)	Installing post-load hooks...[14:26:06.634967] (system)	Hooks installed.[14:26:54.202837] (system)	Unloading...[14:26:56.308865] (system)	Session terminated.
Edited by Sertorius222

JBriones2016
Posted (edited)

Hey there, this mod or any other skybox which doesn't touch timecyc.dat won't work on my heavily modded game. I have everything i need according to the top post. No game error or anything, they just won't change the sky. I am using None ENB 0.248 if that is of any help.

Here is my moonloader log:

You need moonaddition module to make it work as stated in your log. This is just my guess.

Edited by JBriones2016