Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,082 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Hot Pursuit

Adult Humor

Adult Humor  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Adult Humor

• Keep the jokes
    • Keep the jokes, but tone it down
    • Remove the jokes

Hot Pursuit

GTA always famous for it's sex jokes, however sometimes the jokes went too far, like the building window light shaped like a dick in VC, or some Fame or Shame advert in a building in V. Also, the jokes isn't funny (especially for matures), but kinda disgusting. So how do you want, Keep the jokes like it was, Keep the jokes, but tone it down, or removes the jokes completely

Edited by CGFforLife

Pastry

They should keep it since it's a nice meme when done well but Rockstar likes to overdo it and that's mainly what ruins it.

Hot Pursuit

They should keep it since it's a nice meme when done well but Rockstar likes to overdo it and that's mainly what ruins it.

Exactly, I don't mind if they hide the jokes, but the fact that they are everywhere makes it no longer funny but really childish instead

chilleverest

They should bring back the tower dick up, make it even bigger next time, i say keep .

DOUGL4S1

Subtle sex jokes are OK, like those posters or store names in basically all GTAs that can be interpreted as sexual, that place in GTA V where looking at a repair shop and a silo can make a penis, or that destructible modern art statue in GTA IV that also looks like a penis at second glance. But jokes that are too 'in your face' kinda ruins it, like the penis-building in Vice City or the cock-rock on San Andreas. Sure, I got a giggle when I realized that the GTA V gardening company logo looks like pubes, but having something too obvious ruins this.

Edited by DOUGL4S1

Matrelith

Rockstar is well known for its innuendos and dirty jokes. Personally I like them and I wouldn't mind if they keep up the trend.

Algonquin Assassin

Keep the jokes, but make them subtle and clever. I cringed when Trevor dropped his pants in front of Floyd to see his bare ass/balls and Jimmy tea bagging the Merryweather mercenary.

thehambone

Humor is subjective. I say keep it. But don't make it overly apparent; keep it subtle.

Edited by thehambone

Femme Fatale

Keep it, but they should really abandon or tone down their 69 fetish.

the jokes went too far, like the building window light shaped like a dick in VC

How's that too far? It's my favorite. ;) Edited by Femme Fatale

(Ambient)

Remove erotic jokes, or deeply reduce the amount of them. I'm bored with penises, vaginas, 69's and stuff everywhere. Give us more intelligent humor instead.

universetwisters

I don't want adult humor. I want the next game to be family friendly!

Richie Makyura

GTA without Adult Humor is not GTA

Jezus Holy Christ

It's more like teenage humor. Take a look at their sense of humor lmfao they draw a penis on everything, use 69 everywhere, name everything after vagina :lol: damn, these guys are kids. It's still funny but it ain't all that "Adult".

KingAJ032304

Make the sexual jokes a easter egg but not in story or activities! Unlike San andreas where the number "69" were EVERYWHERE!

Edited by KingAJ032304

dyspoid

It's bread and butter GTA. I would be very upset if it changed. It's more than a crime simulator, despite what many recent fans beleive - its satire, its fun and its a reminder that one day, long ago, the Houser brothers were cool, no f*cks given kind of dudes.

Hot Pursuit

use 69 everywhere

Pier 69, Runway 69, 69th Street Diner, Area 69, Crazy 69, 69 Cents.... The list can go infinite

Charlottes

I think they should maybe rethink how they do humor in general? I dont mind a lot of jokes if they're good jokes, but not a lot of the jokes in the games are that good.

Like...the satire punches down a lot and it gets old pretty quick, and it's so cynical. The more they refine the games graphically, the weirder the cheap sex jokes and lazy satire feel? In the 3d era games and Chinatown Wars it still isn't that funny, but it didnt feel bizarrely out of place because of the art style of the games.

basically I'd like to have a funny game and sex jokes wouldnt be the worst but the way they are right now is...bad

Queen Elizabeth II

They should make main character a cock.

ViceOfLiberty

Jokes should be made when the chance arises and can be made naturally. Situations should never be made to fit around a premeditated joke. They should never be made unnecessarily for the sake of having a joke.

Edited by ViceOfLiberty

thehambone

They should never be made unnecessarily for the sake of having a joke.

Right. I feel like GTA V had a little too much of this and it made it feel like a Sitcom at times.

rebeldevil

I can see an argument for toning things down a bit, but, well....

GTA has never really been about subtlety. I think the (im)mature humor is part of what gives the game its charm. And while the humor is by and large pretty juvenile, it's also often quite clever.

Take Jimmy teabagging a Merryweather goon. Yes, there's the obvious sexual humor, but it's a little deeper than that. Think about it. Jimmy is the stereotypical hardcore gamer. He spends all his time playing Righteous Slaughter, a CoD-like military FPS. He's put in a situation similar to what he might find in a game, so what does he do? Well...he does what comes naturally to him. He took out an enemy, and now he's teabagging him. The behavior is psychologically ingrained into his fat little head.

I don't think the game would feel quite right if they toned down the toilet humor and sex jokes. It's kind of their trademark. I say they should keep things as is.

SmokesWithCigs

i saw do away with full frontal male nudity. i hate the sight of dead altruist penisis espcially in the snapmatic gallery and congressman stubbs in tlad was f*ckin' unecessary. i hate dick. dick is ugly , dick is nasty. i don't want to see anymore dick in gta!

Femme Fatale

i saw do away with full frontal male nudity. i hate the sight of dead altruist penisis espcially in the snapmatic gallery and congressman stubbs in tlad was f*ckin' unecessary. i hate dick. dick is ugly , dick is nasty. i don't want to see anymore dick in gta!

^Example of a latent homosexual. Also, dick is life, dick is love. :3

SmokesWithCigs

hey you........... STFU!!!

Good Hombre

Agreed, they should show some pussies instead.

Edited by Good Hombre

Femme Fatale

hey you........... STFU!!!That's no way to talk to a lady. :angry: I can only imagine how you treat one in real life.

Gokuzbu

Vice City to IV had incredible humour. V was as subtle as a brick to the face. Rockstar right need to go back to the old style.

Hot Pursuit

hey you........... STFU!!!That's no way to talk to a lady. :angry: I can only imagine how you treat one in real life.You won't have any friend if that is how you talk to a woman ;)

Trooper Fera

I actually want them removed. They got pretty old pretty fast. How long has the stupid 69 joke been in the series now?

R* can actually do some good humor, they just need to grow up and stop acting like two year olds with said humor. (Trevor in V was the pure embodiment of that)

The Paradox

Keep but not overuse it.