4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Johnny Spaz

Was Johnny gonna be racist?

Piggsy pls

@up

What? Every single game producer is so afraid of being accused of racism that they don't even try to put anything that could be related to racism.

(That doesn't relate to white people - blacks can be racist towards us, sad truth)

Poor white people :(

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

Bump.

I don't think that there's any hint that Johnny would've been racist, other than Playboy X's dialogue. As for the latter, a couple of his dialogues already showed that his knowledge about several things is superficial and false.

I don't think that making The Lost MC a %100 white gang would've been a bad idea anyway. We already have a theme based on a black street gang, and another theme based on an Italian mob, so I don't see what's the problem when it comes to a full redneck biker gang. Not like R* were going to record some racist dialogue for them. And either way, Johnny would still be working with Elizabeta, and befriending Malc and DeSean.

Anyway, I have no problem with The Lost being a multicultural motorcycle club, but I just feel like R* tried too hard with GTA V, to the point where "Look at us! We don't support racism!" felt too shaved into our faces. You can barely notice any white biker during the storyline. And among those white members (including ones in free roam), there's not one redneck biker. Doesn't matter that much anyway, since R* have already f*cked the script to the point where nothing makes sense anymore.

However, what really gets on my nerves is the fact that they completely changed Jim from IV to The Lost and Damned. From a white Caucasian old biker talking about "Real American bikers!", to a younger half-Spanish (or was it Irish? I'm not sure) biker. They could've made them two separate characters, especially that the already created Clay, a black biker, but for some reason they didn't.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49

B Dawg
1 minute ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

However, what really gets on my nerves is the fact that they completely changed Jim from IV to The Lost and Damned. From a white Caucasian old biker talking about "Real American bikers!", to a younger half-Irish biker. They could've made them two separate characters, especially that the already created Clay, a black biker, but for some reason they didn't.

I just like to think that they are separate characters. I mean, I don't see a reason for Jim to go back to the same place he got the money from Johnny imo.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Just now, B Dawg said:

I just like to think that they are separate characters. I mean, I don't see a reason for Jim to go back to the same place he got the money from Johnny imo.

And fortunately, that's not a bad idea. Especially that they reused the "old" Jim to cover the "new" one in TLAD.

Equatecurl
On 3/8/2019 at 11:08 AM, B Dawg said:

I was just thinking that it was a hideout spot for jim and the lost

billiejoearmstrong8
Posted (edited)

I highly doubt they ever would've made Johnny racist. But I do think the idea of the Lost being a specifically anti-racist and multicultural gang came later, since in IV you only see white guys and Playboy X comments that "all them bikers are racist as sh*t" (not that I think that means literally every biker in the game was meant to be racist at that point, but just I doubt that comment would've been made if the intention was for the Lost to be very multicultural and hate/be rivals with a racist biker gang). I think they decided to have the Lost the way they are and make the Angels of Death racists instead of just having two white biker gangs that may or may not have had some racist members so it's more good guys and bad guys. Massive clue that Billy was going to turn out to be a bad guy was his racist comments from the beginning.

Edited by billiejoearmstrong8

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)
On 3/8/2019 at 7:08 PM, B Dawg said:

On 3/8/2019 at 7:10 PM, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

And fortunately, that's not a bad idea. Especially that they reused the "old" Jim to cover the "new" one in TLAD.

I've just been thinking, there's a possibility that R* actually intended to make them separate characters. I've always wondered why in IV's files, Jim is the only named Lost MC character whose ped file names begin with M_Y_, and not IG_. While that could be a minor typo, it might also be a hint that the ped is not Jim, but just a random (re-skinned Angel) Lost biker who was meant to cover him. Had they named it M_Y_JimGoon, it would feel like if Jim was a mob boss, or at least the president of the Alderney chapter, which doesn't gel with the story. Picking M_Y_JimBiker wouldn't be so much different from IG_JohnnyTheBiker (except for the first tag), which refers to the character itself, so it's no different from M_Y_Jim_Fitz neither.

Could be wrong though, especially that Fresh Tom has ped files that begin with M_Y_ too (in addition to the ones that begin with IG_), but that's still possible.

Edited by iiCriminnaaL 49