Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,839 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gtaman_92

Do you think we will see any deserts this time around?

Gtaman_92

It appears that rdr 2 will have more of a grassy and mountainous landscape compared to the previous game.

I'm pretty excited about the new setting but at the same time I'm hoping that we will at least have a small desert somewhere on the map.

It just wouldn't feel too western without it imo.

Edited by Gtaman_92

Spider-Vice

Pretty sure the last scene of the first trailer shows a deserty area.

confederatestatesgta

i really hope so. the desert is an iconic part of the wild west. i would be happy even if it was a smaller desert. maybe around the same size as gta 5s desert. maybe a little bigger.

Gtaman_92

Looked more like a semi grassy prairie to me. Edited by Gtaman_92

Zello

I don't think so I think they're going for something different this time around I'm fine with it it'd be nice to have a different experience in the prairies compared to the desert in RDR1.

Edited by Zello

Holland_Hicks

Looked more like a semi grassy prairie to me.

Yeah, more reminiscent of the Great Plains of West Elizabeth, than the true desert of New Austin.

Based on everything we've seen so far - trailer, screenshots and the map with the Great Plains being the southern-most portion, l don't think so, not yet anyway. If the leaked map is real, it spans directly away from the desert. Maybe locating in the prairies and Rockies means there's going to be a strong Native American presence.

Efreet

I don't think we will see anything that resembles the deserts of New Austin, at least based on what we've seen so far. I can understand why R* would go this way and that's to create a completely new mood and atmosphere for the game, and I'm fine with that. It will be great if they create a large DLC with a new map and adventure that takes us back to the southern borders and running on the RDR2 engine, but that's very unlikely.

Edited by Jabalous

Holland_Hicks

I don't think we will see anything that resembles the deserts of New Austin, at least based on what we've seen so far. I can understand why R* would go this way and that's to create a completely new mood and atmosphere for the game, and I'm fine with that. It will be great if they create a large DLC with a new map and adventure that takes us back to the southern borders and running on the RDR2 engine, but that's very unlikely.

Yeah! It could be just like that Liberty City DLC we.... Oh wait never mind. :bored:

Yeah! It could be just like that Liberty City DLC we.... Oh wait never mind. :bored:

One thing I always wondered about when playing RDR1 was how John would say something like "I wonder what happened here?" whenever he came across some ruins or old battleground. I always thought that was some sort of tease.

Dee.

im ready for a change of direction. I love the grass-y mountainous setting of this game. Reminds me of hell on wheels and the M7

ColePhelps

I think the map will have a revenant feeling to it

J.Dillinger Blackheart

One thing I always wondered about when playing RDR1 was how John would say something like "I wonder what happened here?" whenever he came across some ruins or old battleground. I always thought that was some sort of tease.

i definitely want to see some War Simulation. Idc how historically correct, i just hope we can experience what a battles between whites and natives was like.

Neon_Dreaming

Maybe there will be a desert but from the trailer forests and plains seem to be the focus, I like this green heartland environment they are going for. In RDR it was mainly a dusty and dry landscape with only a small amount of forest area, maybe it will be the other way around this time.

vnus_dmlo

no desert sorry OP but this isnt grand theft sombrero, grasslands will do fine

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Maybe there will be a desert but from the trailer forests and plains seem to be the focus, I like this green heartland environment they are going for. In RDR it was mainly a dusty and dry landscape with only a small amount of forest area, maybe it will be the other way around this time.

could very well be a desert part in the game,who knows? But personally i would love to see a nice deserted landscape.

Gtaman_92

The leak map is looking more and more legit so I guess we won't be seeing any deserts.

DBrasco

im ready for a change of direction. I love the grass-y mountainous setting of this game. Reminds me of hell on wheels and the M7

Speaking of Hell on Wheels, I thought there was notable resemblance between its protagonist and John Marston.

I love deserts but an abundance of forests, snowy mountains and swamps filled with killer gators can make up for its absence.

Edited by DBrasco

CaptainMental

i really hope so. the desert is an iconic part of the wild west. i would be happy even if it was a smaller desert. maybe around the same size as gta 5s desert. maybe a little bigger.

Ehm....GTAV's "desert" was so small one could run circles around it. It wasn't desolate either with roads and buildings.

I can't see how this tiny piece of land GTAV gave us can even be called a desert. They might as well could have not included it at all tbh.

It's too small, especially for a rdr2. 3-4 times as much is the least they should do. Even that would still be small.

Hope the map will offer a good amount of everything. Desert, snowy mountains, seas, rivers, towns, villages and more.

Edited by fashion

Algonquin Assassin

Even with my basic understanding of U.S geography it looks very mid-west centric watching both trailers. I doubt Mexico will appear like RDR. If there are desert areas they'll most likely be based on Utah or Arizona.