Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,603 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

xXxH3LP3RxXx

What could come after Red Dead Redemption 2(my opinion)

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this could be right or not?

DisCrafted

Not always developers mention what projects they're working on, but it's bizarre for them to say Unannounced Project so that's an amazing find. Could be GTA VI instead of Bully 2 ;) *emmi triggered*

(inb4 it's just LA Noire remastered and they haven't updated it)

Yeah that's what i was thinking of. Since she has started work on the project since early this year.

Spider-Vice

It's more that she joined Rockstar that month. She was working at Ubisoft right before. I'm sure GTA VI hasn't started development this year.

Emmi

R* Toronto ... unannounced project ... it can only be one ... Bully 2 :panic:

DisCrafted

It's more that she joined Rockstar that month. She was working at Ubisoft right before. I'm sure GTA VI hasn't started development this year.

What do you personally think it is? I didn't know she worked at Ubisoft before since you need an account to view LinkedIn profiles. :/

Edited by DisCrafted

Spider-Vice

R* Toronto ... unannounced project ... it can only be one ... Bully 2 :panic:

Could be GTA VI instead of Bully 2 ;)*emmi triggered*

:p

What do you personally think it is? I didn't know she worked at Ubisoft before since you need an account to view LinkedIn profiles. :/

I guess it might be Bully 2 but I'm not really sure.

DisCrafted

Would they really need a new animator for Bully 2 at this point IF the game's been in development for a while though?

Edited by DisCrafted

Emmi

^ an additional animator my friend ... and yeah, they need all talent available to help finish Bully 2 and finally give it in the hands to those who have been waiting for this sequel to happen ever since the first one released! The official announcement can't come soon enough, even though I think could be still one year away and possibly another year from being released (Summer-Fall 2019?) ... but an official word on Bully 2 from R* sometime in the 2nd half of 2018 would be a relief ... a huuuuge relief!

Also look at the current open job positions at R* Toronto (three in the Animation category!) https://www.rockstargames.com/careers/offices/rockstar-toronto

Edited by .Emmi

Spider-Vice

Would they really need a new animator for Bully 2 at this point IF the game's been in development for a while though?

Hm? Why do you think companies are always hiring someone at any time? They don't have to hire only when they're beginning a new project.

DisCrafted

Hm? Why do you think companies are always hiring someone at any time? They don't have to hire only when they're beginning a new project.

Yeah, you're right. My bad. Really great that this was found though.

Jason

I'm purely speculating but if they want a GTA out in time to take advantage of the install base of PS4/XB1's at the moment my guess is that development will move entirely to GTA VI once RDR2 ships. Bully 2 rumours about it being picked up, given that we know it's been scrapped twice, probably point to it being very early and possibly a next-gen release - if the rumours are true.

I just feel that they're going to schedule GTA releases towards the end of a consoles life span from now on, when the install base is at it's highest. That said, Toronto seem to have been up to something so who knows.

Nico

I don't know what might come after RDR2, nobody outside of Rockstar does. But what I do know is that I don't want them to become a developer of two sole franchises. Variety is key for me.

Emmi

^ yeah exactly! Only GTA and Red Dead games from now on is NOT the route to go after.

Jimmy

People really seem to have forgotten about Agent. I would like to see it released for sure. Maybe Rockstar could attempt some major focus on Agent after RDR2. It's been 6 to 7 years since we've been hearing about it.

Emmi

A possible timeline of things to come from Rockstar Games:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Spring 2018

Bully 2 - sometime between Fall 2019 and Spring 2020

Grand Theft Auto 6 - Fall 2021

Agent - 2023

Femme Fatale

No Manhunt 3? :'(

deadasdisco

I hope they are working on a new open world IP

EVOLUT7ON

My bet is Bully 2. A lot of hints about this game.

So, my thoughts:

GTA4 - 2008
RDR1 - 2010
GTA5 - 2013
RDR2 - 2018
Bully2 - 2019
GTA6 - fall 2020 - spring 2021

PS2 - 2000
PS3 - 2006
PS4 - 2013
PS5 - 2019 (one year to polish the game(gta6))

Edited by EVOLUT7ON

Rucke

This is my guess:

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Spring 2018 (might be delayed again until Fall 2018)

Agent - Spring/Fall 2020

Grand Theft Auto VI - Fall 2022

Rucke

Not always developers mention what projects they're working on, but it's bizarre for them to say Unannounced Project so that's an amazing find. Could be GTA VI instead of Bully 2 ;) *emmi triggered*

(inb4 it's just LA Noire remastered and they haven't updated it)

R* Toronto was one of the main studios behind Max Payne 3, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Agent. Plus, a lot of ex-Vancouver staff transfered to Toronto after the studio was shut down in 2012. It feels like Rockstar Toronto is the perfect studio to lead the development of Agent since they have most experience when it comes to developing non-open-world games (they also did The Warriors).

Edit: Sorry for double posting. I didn't notice that my previous post was the last one before I replied to Spider's post.

Edited by Rucke

Emmi

^ You forget that it's been 'confirmed' that R* North is the main developer behind Agent. (at least that's what has been said in the initial announcement back in 2009)

Also I disagree with you here, Bully 2 is THE perfect project for R* Toronto and as you say ... a lot of ex-Vancouver staff transfered to Toronto and we all know who was the main studio in charge of Bully. :colgate:

DaddyDirection

I just want to see another Bully game. The original was a masterpiece.

Gettin up

Hopefully GTA VI.

CatsWontDance

They're just gonna stop making single player games, and commit to GTA: Online II for the rest of this console generation. Haha, but on a serious note, I'm not expecting to see anything between RDR 2 and whenever they release GTA VI. Maybe Agent? I'm not counting on it

BurnettVice

Hopefully Agent, its been forever since we've heard anything about it. R* keeps renewing the trademark. If not that maybe Max Payne 4, Bully 2, or Manhunt 3. Most likely it'll be GTA VI.

Tao Cheng

It's about time we get a Manhunt 3. f*ck Bully and Agent.

It's about time for a new Midnight Club. f*ck Manhunt, f*ck Bully, f*ck Agent, f*ck GTA, f*ck RDR!

mombo2811

lol their not going to make sequel after sequel we will prob and I HOPE a new ip from them soon

BUT THE BENZ

certainly nothing FRESH and INNOVATIVE will come next.

it is rinse and repeat post-benz, just use the magic formula and try to make hay while the sun shines.

and we all know the darkness will be back around...sooner or later!

Edited by Noclue_42

Algonquin Assassin

It’ll most likely be another sequel, but I’m still hoping they do a new I.P. For years I’ve wanted them to do a survival horror title.

I know we’ve had the Manhunt games and Undead Nightmare, but something in the realm of Silent Hill, Resident Evil, The Evil Within etc would be epic.

Jack Lupino

I know its never gonna happen, but my personal wish is Rockstar releasing an open world wrestling game.

I love wwe 2k games but their controls are clunky and gameplay gets boring.

With R*s touch they could turn it into gold.

Imagine career mode in open world setting,plot twist in wrestling career,storyline conflict between evil bookers and wrestlers,mini games and many other cool features.

DetectivePhelps

I just wish more games to either A, remastered or B, Backward compatibly.