Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,238 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
confederatestatesgta

should telephones and telegraghs be usable?

should telephones and telegraghs be used?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. should telephones and telegraphs be used?

confederatestatesgta

hi everyone so i was playing red dead redemption yesterday and i went to the armadillo saloon. i saw telephone. so it made me wonder if telephones should be usable. i think it would be cool. no not cellphones but the old fashion kind. like the one marshal johnson tries to use. it always bugged me how john always knew were the missions were. in gta the protagonist get calls from characters in their cell phones. so maybe there could be a phone in every safehouse and saloon. so in order to get some missions you have to be near a phone. i know some people would be annoyed by it because they dont want to have to check the phone all the time. but they could make it somehow work. or maybe its a way to call for backup or some other stuff. or maybe it could be a way of planning stuff like robberies or jobs. does anybody else have any ideas for a telephone?

so i know its unlikely but i was thinking about telegrams too. it would be hard to read or understand them. but maybe it could all be translated into regular english. maybe you start with a telegragh then get a phone. or even if they did not have a big role it would be nice to use them. i mean communication is key. and of course they dont have computers or cellphones like we have. so it would be nice to use he technology that was available in the time period. so what do you all think? also do you have any other ideas for this?

Holland_Hicks

While it could work, and help give context as to how you acquire certain missions, I seriously doubt anything like this'll show up in the final game.

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Well theyre are telephone lines in pictures. It wouldn't be too out of pocket imo..

Holland_Hicks

Well theyre are telephone lines in pictures. It wouldn't be too out of pocket imo..

True but I don't see it being a gameplay feature like he's implying. I don't see Rockstar doing much with something like that.

Rockstar Vienna

Or just a normal electric cable for lighting!? In RDR (set in 1911) phones were pretty new. I remember when the Marshal was struggling with "these things" as he describes it. I highly doubt that we'll see a telephone if we really go back 15+ years with RDR2. Maybe a telegraph tho.

Dee.

Yes it would. Its late 19 century wild west. Putting 2 and 2 together would lead anyone to conclude that those are telegram lines and not telephone lines. Telegram ran alongside railroad tracks

J.Dillinger Blackheart

Or just a normal electric cable for lighting!? In RDR (set in 1911) phones were pretty new. I remember when the Marshal was struggling with "these things" as he describes it. I highly doubt that we'll see a telephone if we really go back 15+ years with RDR2. Maybe a telegraph tho. Telephone or telegraph w.e..either 1, it wouldn't be far fetched if u ask me. But most likely a telegraph tho..or maybe a town has technologies that rdr didn't use and explore. Rdr isn't a autobiography, everything doesn't need to be exactly how it was imo lol. But i feel what u saying Edited by highzman420

Dee.

Or just a normal electric cable for lighting!? In RDR (set in 1911) phones were pretty new. I remember when the Marshal was struggling with "these things" as he describes it. I highly doubt that we'll see a telephone if we really go back 15+ years with RDR2. Maybe a telegraph tho.
Telephone or telegraph w.e..either 1, it wouldn't be far fetched if u ask me. But most likely a telegraph tho..or maybe a town has technologies that rdr didn't use and explore. Rdr isn't a autobiography, everything doesn't need to be exactly how it was imo lol. But i feel what u saying

Not being a biography= R* throwing phones into a wild west version of the presumably late 1800s... Impeccable logic there.

It is too far fetched

Edited by DeeDogg_

Zeta87

Telegraphy should be ok for the period.

Phones ok but not so common for the period.

Jon Jon

Absolutely. I would imagine that they would function similar to the Gamewell's in LA Noire where we'll have to go to a set location to use the phone or telegraph.

Zello

Depends what year it takes place in but I think telegraphs are more likely.

It'd be funny if the first telegraph message we receive is a f*ck you lol

Edited by Zello

Jon Jon

Depends what year it takes place in but I think telegraphs are more likely.

It'd be funny if the first telegraph message we receive is a f*ck you lol

Git gud u yella belly bootlicker!