4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA 6 Leaks & Hints Topic.

MojoGamer

4 hours ago, MSK 2019 said:

there is no way rockstar will left behind the ps4 xbox players, these all leaks are just fake. if rockstar gonna launch gta 6 only on ps5 then why they created rdr2 for ps4. PS4 and xbox one are still powerful consoles. ps4   can easily  handle gta 6   people who believing these leaks are 🤡

No it won't. GTA6 will be next gen only because this generation will be over around this time next year.

PS4 Pro barely can handle Rdr2 in terms of graphics - [email protected] (XboxX can do [email protected]). Next gen will nearly eliminate loading times, which will be the most improvement over anything. [email protected] + minimal loading all next gen

Completely useless to make this game for current generation. Plus, I seriously doubt we see this game next year.

3 hours ago, Ronald Reagan said:

I guess a new Grand Theft Auto game every 3 years would make them more money than all these "new projects" they are possibly working on.

GTA:O was a cash cow for them, so they can take their time with their next game/s.

• Like 3

ppNaW16.png

About that Rockstar collaboration with other indie studios, it is not surprise. Many of the Rockstar studios around the world are ex-indie studios or small studios, so they are probably expanding and want more studios around the world. 

3 hours ago, knoteven said:

My thoughts are they will re-release gta 3 on this gen, new graphics upgrade or possibly a remake in HD universe make money from that to sit on until gta 6 is released on next generation.

That way covering both generations and not limiting what their potential for next generation converting it to ps4, Xbox one.

If they would like to "update" GTA III they would have to remake whole game: animations, textures, models, particle effects and so on. GTA III is based on really ancient tech.

2 hours ago, MSK 2019 said:

who said gta 6 won't be on ps4 rockstar or sony? Haha we knows nothing about  gta 6. ps5 coming next year that doesn't mean gta 6 is coming too. Lol .  don't know where you get that info from.. 

I get it, you're one of those who need official confirmation on everything. Well, just wait and you will get "confirmation" just like non believers got RDR 2 PC confirmation.

Edited by Kris194

Kris194

Agreed they would have to. That's why I think a remake isn't out of the question.

If they could remake gta 3 in rage engine on liberty city gta 4 map.

But edit textures buildings ect.

I'd buy that sh!t in a second.

Would also be a cool way to implement 3d charchter into the HD.

Would be an epic homage to old fans.

9 minutes ago, Kris194 said:

I really, really doubt they would like to even touch GTA IV. As far as I know this game is basically f*cked up by design, that's why Rockstar never patched GTA IV.

What in the world are you talking about? They've patched GTA IV a lot of times. Though recently just to remove songs. The only f*cked up version of GTA IV is the PC version.

That's what I meant, performance issues in GTA IV ;) Moreover, if LC will really be part of GTA VI then they would never give us GTA IV map before GTA VI release.

Edited by Kris194

1 minute ago, Zello said:

The only f*cked up version of GTA IV is the PC version.

Nah, console versions are f*cked up too, that's why GTA IV is bad on PC because it's a port from the console versions (bad+bad= ultra bad)

Self-Destructive Man
14 minutes ago, MrQuiche said:

Nah, console versions are f*cked up too, that's why GTA IV is bad on PC because it's a port from the console versions (bad+bad= ultra bad)

GTA IV runs perfectly fine on consoles (at least PS3) except for the occasional fps drop.

RrWthna.gif

Rated PS for "Pretty Stupid"

Just now, Self-Destructive Man said:

GTA IV runs perfectly fine on consoles (at least PS3) except for the occasional fps drop.

So it does not run perfectly...

Gta 4 needs more attention the game is so underrated for a gta game,and the mission design is actually more creative than most rockstar games.Definetly gives you more freedom of choice than red dead 2 and gta 5

The right thing to do is skip this gen and release GTA VI on next gen only, we're not gonna see another GTA for 10+ years after this one

but this is Rockstar Games all about the sales..... PS4 sold over 100 million units not only that all the bugs and glitches could be patched on PS4, not everybody can afford to wax god knows how much on a new console 

23 minutes ago, mrpotsworth said:

The right thing to do is skip this gen and release GTA VI on next gen only, we're not gonna see another GTA for 10+ years after this one

but this is Rockstar Games all about the sales..... PS4 sold over 100 million units not only that all the bugs and glitches could be patched on PS4, not everybody can afford to wax god knows how much on a new console 

Straw poll time everyone!

Would you buy a PS5, if it were the only way to play GTA 6 on its release?

Edited by Volatollotalov

41 minutes ago, mrpotsworth said:

not everybody can afford to wax god knows how much on a new console

My guess on the Xbox Scarlett is $500. The One X launched with a $500 price in 2017, and not even an year after its release I already could find it one sale for about $400. Sure, it is still a bit expensive but that is why I started saving money in mid-2018, so by the end of 2020 I have the money. 

• Like 2

People, i have reasons to believe that GTA VI will be the PS5 launch title. That would be great, even if there is 6 months or 12 months exclusivity.

9 minutes ago, MrPhillips said:

People, i have reasons to believe that GTA VI will be the PS5 launch title. That would be great, even if there is 6 months or 12 months exclusivity.

I mean let's be honest, GTA VI is the only "true" system seller game in my opinion. So this exclusive deal with Sony isn't improbable. People keep bringing up that not a lot of people would have PS5 at the time, so they should release the game on old gen, but the thing is GTA is not a standard AAA game. They don't have to follow standard corporate strategy all other games follow. Even the fact that we have no idea about the game officially, any other studio would at least tried to admit the game is in development. I mean, even the amount of supposed leaks going around the internet means that this is not just a game but a phenomenon.

Edited by Matsen
typo
  • Like 2

Not gonna' lie... It's starting to become VERY interesting...

https://filmflorida.org/podcast/episode-16-leah-sokolowsky/

Found this podcast earlier this afternoon. It's dated May 21st 2019 (according to the YouTube video) But before posting it, I wanted to listen to it all. There's nothing much to note besides this at the 7 minute mark:

Recently as you're aware we've had a change in the types of productions that are coming to our state. So I've also been very fotunate to get a large client that has hired me to arrange basically site tours and visits. It's uh digital media company. And I've signed an NDA so I can't disclose who it is. But they've been exploring various areas of our state, and of other states in the south east. And I've been planning and arranging those visits for their personnel and that's been kind of a very interesting expansion of what I normally do, as well.

So, she's definatly involved, and that letter is starting to look more and more legit. However, It remains possible that the person who leaked the letter could of been aware of this, and used it as a basis for their leak. But that would require some digging to even find it. I only found it since her name and details were on the letter. EDIT: I forgot to mention it is also possible that it isn't Rockstar/TakeTwo. But... right now, things are adding up quite well. Let's just hope we are seeing things as clear as we think.

Edited by Len Lfc

1 minute ago, Len Lfc said:

Not gonna' lie... It's starting to become VERY interesting...

https://filmflorida.org/podcast/episode-16-leah-sokolowsky/

Found this podcast earlier this afternoon. It's dated May 21st 2019 (according to the YouTube video) But before posting it, I wanted to listen to it all. There's nothing much to note besides this at the 7 minute mark:

So, she's definatly involved, and that letter is starting to look more and more legit. However, It remains possible that the person who leaked the letter could of been aware of this, and used it as a basis for their leak. But that would require some digging to even find it. I only found it since her name and details were on the letter. 

Great research as usual man!

This is very interesting, but assuming the podcast is indeed from May, it sounds like the scouting has been going on around then, which seems to be way too late. There's no way they're only getting started with research this year. With the letter alone, we could have assumed it was a few years old, but then with this, it seems weird. 

EDIT: Forgot the letter mentions October. Maybe October last year? Still seems too late anyway.

2nd EDIT: The letter is written by Leah, who's not from Rockstar nor T2. No surprise she's referring to Rockstar as simply Rockstar and not Rockstar Games. Not quite sure why the card mentions Take-Two though.

Edited by Yan2295

4 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

This is very interesting, but assuming the podcast is indeed from May, it sounds like the scouting has been going on around then, which seems to be way too late. There's no way they're only getting started with research this year. With the letter alone, we could have assumed it was a few years old, but then with this, it seems weird. 

Yeah, the podcast on the website doesn't have a date. So I'm just going by the youtube upload date. it's from their channel, so the date is fairly accurate. Although it doesn't count for late uploads, might have been a week or a month before then. She does say "Recently" though. People often generalise, so recently to her may be a few months prior, or a few weeks. My interpretation was that they were always busy with RDR2. Even when we had leaks from 2017, I thought that was pretty soon. If we compare this to GTA V, Rockstar were spotted scouting Hollywood in 2010, before an announcement in 2011 https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-5849-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Heading-to-Hollywood-.html

I know things change, but... If I'm right about expecting a 2021 announcement, it doesn't sound too off, to me. But it is interesting and weird.

Hypothetically speaking, when most of the work is done and you have a massive team of idle map designers (even if a part of them), wouldn't you want them to refine their designs even if it means scouting again for more material? I don't imagine it costs that much and the studio probably still has a lot of cash to spare.

10 minutes ago, Yan2295 said:

EDIT: Forgot the letter mentions October. Maybe October last year? Still seems too late anyway.

Unless Vice City isn't the main location of the next GTA. Which, as crazy as it sounds, is still a possibility.

The letter is mainly talking about scouting interiors though, which maybe could explain why this is done later in the development cycle? The scouting for the map itself can have been done a while ago, and now they're onto some interiors, which is not as much as a priority for the beginning of the development I guess.