Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,907 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Eddo

[REL|MP] Max Payne: Restorations Pack

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

At last! The Roscoe Bank security guards are back! A total of six dead guards spawn in the bank now, thanks to Remedy Entertainment for the level source file!

Snrwdlr.jpg

OP updated! Go download the latest version from the first page of the topic right away, but the archive's file size is now 15 MB:sui:.

EDIT 2:

MaxED (the MP1 level editor) was a very sticky tool to use, but I got it all right in the end.

Edited by The Eddo

Nickel7
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, The Eddo said:

Thank you very much, your appreciation is helpful to me. But unfortunately, the cut things found on the Mobile versions are the same as the ones found on the PC versions.

And, uh- can you send me that "city-ambience.96"? Maybe I can find some use for it in the mod...

The MP5 can be restored, very easily.

I didn't search the console ports of the game. Just went to Dimzet13's YouTube channel where I found this "MP1 PS2 credits" thing and checked it out.

That weird sunrise skybox is actually used in the "Max's house" level, it's shows the sun rising as Max nearly executes Horne, just a dumb feature I cut from the mod.

@The Eddo I don't have much time now, maybe this weekend i can upload some stuff and sent them to you, i have to recover a 500gb HDD with a lot of unique beta stuff of Max Payne including concepts, remedy photos, modding tutorials, vídeos taken by the developers, obviously more beta images (some of them aren't in internet), etc.

When im done with that, im going to upload that folder with all that information, also for not loosing it again. Ah yeah, that folder has some images of the old storyline too, i remember an image of Lupino with his original clothes and sh*t, it had long hair, and green eyes xd. And the City-Ambience-96.mp3 present in the android port (apart from the City-Ambience used in the game) is Just a low quality versión, idk if it has any differences.

Edited by Nickel7
Forgot something

The Eddo
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nickel7 said:

@The Eddo I don't have much time now, maybe this weekend i can upload some stuff and sent them to you, i have to recover a 500gb HDD with a lot of unique beta stuff of Max Payne including concepts, remedy photos, modding tutorials, vídeos taken by the developers, obviously more beta images (some of them aren't in internet), etc.

When im done with that, im going to upload that folder with all that information, also for not loosing it again. Ah yeah, that folder has some images of the old storyline too, i remember an image of Lupino with his original clothes and sh*t, it had long hair, and green eyes xd. And the City-Ambience-96.mp3 present in the android port (apart from the City-Ambience used in the game) is Just a low quality versión, idk if it has any differences.

Nice, and thank you.

And yeah, Lupino had a real freaky look in the BETA.

Edited by The Eddo

Jeansowaty

It's impressive how much stuff was cut from the game.

Nickel7
Posted (edited)
On 2/17/2018 at 1:20 PM, The Eddo said:

New BETA stuff found! And it's cool enough to be posted in a different post, so sorry for double post.

I found an amazing video of MP1 E3 2000, PS2 version:

Two noticeable things are that the subtitles appear at 0:35 and the junkie clothes are different (white instead of green), the video's audio is misaligned though.

Aesir HQ level is also shown in one scene, and a large sign of Aesir Corporation can be seen hung high up on the steel wall.

Damn, so many changes! But why Remedy? Why did you cut all of this?

Found this amazing video at: https://assemblergames.com/threads/max-payne-1-dreamcast-pc-beta.59779/page-2.

@The EddoHey dude, I have the same video with more quality, take a look: https://mega.nz/#!hdRiACRJ!3uA6YMqaQdimdtYpPsN0kTwxSedEE6uAminQf-nBjaQ

(Something totally apart)

(what exactly will allow you to enable this supposed advanced options menu that i heard about?, it can be restored?)

Edited by Nickel7
added a question

The Eddo
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Nickel7 said:

@The EddoHey dude, I have the same video with more quality, take a look: https://mega.nz/#!hdRiACRJ!3uA6YMqaQdimdtYpPsN0kTwxSedEE6uAminQf-nBjaQ

(Something totally apart)

(what exactly will allow you to enable this supposed advanced options menu that i heard about?, it can be restored?)

I don't know what it is, it has some additional options for binding shootdodge in a direction to one key, for example; it allows you to bind the "Shootdodge Left" action to one key.

There's also an option to change the "double click speed" and the ability to bind turning left\right to keys (or mouse), the menu is fully implemented in menu.txt, but it's commented out which prevents it from showing up in the menu.

The "turn left\right" part of the commented out code is "double commented out", meaning it still has "//" in the beginning even though the entire menu is disabled.

But I'll just restore it:).

And thank you for the video.

Edited by The Eddo

Am Shaegar

After trying your MP2 mod I wanted to ask for the first game, and I am dighted to see that it already existed. Keep up the good work :)

A small wish for this mod is to raise the difficulty further, if possible.

The Eddo
1 hour ago, Am Shaegar said:

After trying your MP2 mod I wanted to ask for the first game, and I am dighted to see that it already existed. Keep up the good work :)

A small wish for this mod is to raise the difficulty further, if possible.

Thank you for your comment, good to have some feedback for the effort I've done.

Increasing difficulty is super-possible. Just start MP1\MP2 on the highest difficulty level. "Dead On Arrival", that is. Simple.

Besides, have you tried the latest version of my MP2 mod? It has a new feature implemented in it;).

Am Shaegar
1 minute ago, The Eddo said:

Besides, have you tried the latest version of my MP2 mod? It has a new feature implemented in it;).

I will definitely try for sure after completing my playthrough with this mod.