3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

The Eddo

[REL|MP] Max Payne: Restorations Pack

Jeansowaty

A much more accurate title for the topic would be: Max Payne Restoration Pack

Anyways, I have to disagree with most (not all) of the planned features, such as adding the Dragunov, AK47, MP5, Dual Desert Eagles. Remember, this is Max Payne 1, features such as replacing the lead pipe with a pistol with infinite ammo is basically making the game too easy. I could just complete the game with that gun-with-unlimited-ammo.

Sorry man but I have to disagree. Adding more weapons to the game would be a really great addition.

CharlesVercetti

A much more accurate title for the topic would be: Max Payne Restoration Pack

Anyways, I have to disagree with most (not all) of the planned features, such as adding the Dragunov, AK47, MP5, Dual Desert Eagles. Remember, this is Max Payne 1, features such as replacing the lead pipe with a pistol with infinite ammo is basically making the game too easy. I could just complete the game with that gun-with-unlimited-ammo.

Sorry man but I have to disagree. Adding more weapons to the game would be a really great addition.

Yes it would be a great addition,but the real fun in the game is playing with restricted amount of ammo.Even if you may have used up all of your ammo,you can still collect from NPCs (in a small amount).That makes you to be more precise with your attacks.(Atleast in New York Minute difficulty).But unlimited ammo may be fun for some simple playthrough though.

Liones 54

File not Found :(

ermaccer

If it wasn't some "urfilesfreeuploader" it wouldn't be dead.

Helegad

File not Found :(

Excellent, show's over, everyone can f*ck off. Mods, lock this turd.

Edited by Helegad

FriedSpats

So much for downloading this after getting MP1 again ._.'

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

Forget this mod, because I'm currently making a better one for Max Payne 2 :), it will be available as soon as I get enough time to finish it.

Why am I doing this? Well, Max Payne 2 is WAY more moddable compared to it's prequel, so expect TONS of good features, improvements and absolutely no removal of any kind of content.

Anyways, before I bury this mod, I would like to update it with a new feature:

* Max's skin now looks a lot like the one shown in E3 2000 screenshots, trailers and previews.

A download containing the update will be available later on.

P.S: I am sorry for the bump, but this had to be done.

EDIT:

Special thanks to The_Silver at ModDB, the author of the Payne Evolution mod for MP2, the E3 2000-like Max skin was borrowed from his mod.

While you wait for my next mod, check out The_Silver's Payne Evolution mod.

EDIT 2:

Updated this mod with the new feature I added, check the first post for the download link.

Edited by The Eddo

B_Smiles
Posted (edited)

Tinyupload?

Really, man? Its like you WANT this mod to to be dead.

Also fix the dialogue you removed when vinnie sends his goons after you on the staircase during fear that gives men wings.

they should say thing like sure, boss! No problem etc

Oh and why was the dialogue between the junkies who are freezing by the fire barrel removed?

Lastly, why dont you just compile your mod as a .mpm file like it SHOULD have been. There are tutorials on how to do it.

(stupid phone cutting me off)

Edited by B_Smiles

The Eddo

Tinyupload?

Really, man? Its like you WANT this mod to to be dead.

Yeah, it's the only option I have, other sites require cash, which I kinda don't have these days.

Also fix the dialogue you removed when vinnie sends his goons after you on the staircase during fear that gives men wings.

they should say thing like sure, boss! No problem etc

Oh and why was the dialogue between the junkies who are freezing by the fire barrel removed?

Lastly, why dont you just compile your mod as a .mpm file like it SHOULD have been. There are tutorials on how to do it.

(stupid phone cutting me off)

You must have Parental Lock on, try turning it off.

I didn't pack the mod into an .MPM, it's so boring to just keep packing and unpacking all because there's only one file that I want to edit.

Besides, I designed this mod to have a Plug-and-Play-style installation, so you just have to put it in and click "Play".

Not to mention unpacked mod files allow easier and flexible editing like in GTA.

P.S: What do you mean by (stupid phone cutting me off)? I don't get it.

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

Here's an interesting find for PC players of the first Max Payne game:

This music track plays in a special credits video which can be viewed from the main menu on the PS2 version of the game, it doesn't play anywhere else, not even after finishing the game.

Too bad that all PC players are completely oblivious to this.

If I manage to hack the game's final level's .LDB file, I might consider adding this in.

OR maybe I can add this song to MP2's credits...

EDIT:

These two BETA music tracks are also worth noticing:

Teque - E3 2000 trailer music (or possible BETA theme song of Max Payne?):

Teque - Cop Chase (heard in E3 1999 trailer):

Edited by The Eddo

B_Smiles

What about looking through the files of the MOBILE version, eggo? The e3 weapon sight is in there apparently.

George Costanza

@end credits stuff

Doesn't the main theme songs repeats in PC version during credits? How about replacing one of the repeats with the find?

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

@end credits stuff

Doesn't the main theme songs repeats in PC version during credits? How about replacing one of the repeats with the find?

Good idea, Tom, I like it :^:.

But if I did that, I would replace the main menu's theme song as well :/.

The main menu's theme song also plays in the Prologue of Part III, so that means it'll seem kinda "out-of-place".

What about looking through the files of the MOBILE version, eggo? The e3 weapon sight is in there apparently.

Hmm, I would love to STEAL stuff from MP1 iOS, but how do I obtain the game :wtf:? I don't have enough money yet nor I have an iPhone or Android.

EDIT:

@B_Smiles: Hold up, I got an idea, I'll be back in a few minutes ;).

Expect that E3 weapon crosshair and some more stuff.

Edited by The Eddo

George Costanza

@end credits stuff

The main menu's theme song also plays in the Prologue of Part III, so that means it'll seem kinda "out-of-place".

If you don't replace it, but rather edit the original music and add the new music behind in some audio editor noone could notice it, since noone stays that long in menu to hear the ending of the song.

The Eddo

No can do, sorry.

And besides, I know there are some people out there who would stay in the menu just to hear the theme song, it's quite a nice song after all.

Anyways, I plan to use this Max Payne 3 music track in my mod:

Jeansowaty

I don't know if you're interested, but I reskinned Max from Max Payne 2 with this Max Payne 1 face. Here's a picture (fyi, I also edited the MP1 Max to be "less happy", if you get what I mean.)

unknown.png

The Eddo
Posted (edited)

"It felt like I've been switched! I didn't used to look like this!" - Max

@Jeans: It surely deserves a :cookie: and a :^:! Good job!

Anyways, have you checked the latest version of this mod? Max now has the BETA orange jacket as seen in E3 2000 and graphic novel.

Here's a visual of what I'm talking about:

https://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/max_payne_screen_012b.jpg

Look closely at the orange thing he's wearing under the jacket, it's now available in the mod.

Big thanks to The_Silver at ModDB for Max's BETA orange jacket.

Edited by The Eddo

Jeansowaty

The face can be used together with it, and thanks ;)

The Eddo

Question: Do the facial animations (like talking, blinking eyes etc.) work?

Jeansowaty

Question: Do the facial animations (like talking, blinking eyes etc.) work?

I'll tell you more about this on PM.

LavenYeo

You're killing me. Did you make this up yourself or you get some wino downstairs to come up with it?

Don't answer that. A rhetorical question.

This is somewhat 'your own beta mod', this is not a leftover fix if you just break the balance for some 'younger player', me a 19 year old boy can handle this 2001 classic at New York Time mode already when I was 15

Stop it or change your mod name, you're misleading people who loved this series

God dammit...

Edited by LavenYeo

tetleyTA

Well, considering how Max Payne was meant to look initially, it was a reasonable step for developers to remove things like additional HP for killing "bosses" (currently how many bosses there are in game? Should we treat enemies such as Finito Brothers, The Trio etc. like game boss or characters like Gognitti, Lupino, Dime etc.? Regardless. They've swiftly changed their gameplay from quite un-realistic/arcade-ish style to very realistic, especially on harder game modes.

Regardless, as for additional weapons. Were they hidden in game files or you have just decided to add them from Max Payne 2? As far as I remember when you typed giveall command (or different cheat for all guns) command line shown weapons like ak47, mp5 etc. MP5 is in fact hidden in game files, but I am not sure about Dragunov, or any other MP2 weapons.

Nice job anyways. Mind giving me files which you went through while looking for unused content?

5.jpg

The Eddo

You're killing me. Did you make this up yourself or you get some wino downstairs to come up with it?

This is somewhat 'your own beta mod', this is not a leftover fix if you just break the balance for some 'younger player', me a 19 year old boy can handle this 2001 classic at New York Time mode already when I was 15

God dammit...

Relax, I have cutted out many features from this mod including the health bonuses, the balance is fixed now, I'll update the download soon.

Well, considering how Max Payne was meant to look initially, it was a reasonable step for developers to remove things like additional HP for killing "bosses" (currently how many bosses there are in game? Should we treat enemies such as Finito Brothers, The Trio etc. like game boss or characters like Gognitti, Lupino, Dime etc.? Regardless. They've swiftly changed their gameplay from quite un-realistic/arcade-ish style to very realistic, especially on harder game modes.

Regardless, as for additional weapons. Were they hidden in game files or you have just decided to add them from Max Payne 2? As far as I remember when you typed giveall command (or different cheat for all guns) command line shown weapons like ak47, mp5 etc. MP5 is in fact hidden in game files, but I am not sure about Dragunov, or any other MP2 weapons.

Nice job anyways. Mind giving me files which you went through while looking for unused content?

(insert the image above here)

MP5 is the only BETA weapon that exists in MP1, it was later replaced by the Colt Commando (M4).

Colt Commando is internally referred to as "MP5", the BETA MP5's model and sounds exist, but the game doesn't use it.

EDIT:

And the unused content can be found in the game files but there isn't much of them, use RASMaker to extract the .RAS files and you're good.

EDIT 2:

BETA MP5 has two different shooting sounds, the first one is titled "shoot_mp5.wav", the sound file sounds just like the Assault Rifle from Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, it can also be heard in the E3 2000 trailer.

And the second shooting sound is titled something like "shoot_mp1_1shot_adpcm.wav", it was probably created late in development.

Edited by The Eddo

The Eddo

@end credits stuff

If you don't replace it, but rather edit the original music and add the new music behind in some audio editor noone could notice it, since noone stays that long in menu to hear the ending of the song.

I think I have found a workaround to add the new credits music, so I guess it's a yes.

You just sit back and watch ;).

EDIT:

Just downloaded the track as an MP3, played it in my personal media player and it sounds kinda unfitting for Max Payne, I guess that's why it doesn't play in the credits on PS2.

Edited by The Eddo

LavenYeo

God dammit...

Relax, I have cutted out many features from this mod including the health bonuses, the balance is fixed now, I'll update the download soon.

DON'T ANSWER THAT

a rhetorical question

Well... this mod name sounds reasonable, I'm sorry for my anger, I apologise here, be the way, maybe you can consider to make upload the mod to the famous moddb.com

there's a lot of hardcore modder and brilliant mods for Max Payne series

Edited by LavenYeo

The Eddo

God dammit...

DON'T ANSWER THAT

a rhetorical question

Well... this mod name sounds reasonable, I'm sorry for my anger, I apologise here, be the way, maybe you can consider to make upload the mod to the famous moddb.com

there's a lot of hardcore modder and brilliant mods for Max Payne series

Eh, I'd like to upload it to ModDB, but I made it for GTAForums only, sorry about that.

ermaccer

Eh, I'd like to upload it to ModDB, but I made it for GTAForums only, sorry about that.

Yeah, you decided to make this mod GTAF only because somebody certainly will look in GTAForums for Max Payne mods.

Edited by ermaccer

The Eddo

Yeah, you decided to make this mod GTAF only because somebody certainly will look in GTAForums for Max Payne mods.

Fine, I'll probably upload it there someday.

Jeansowaty

This "shoot_mp5" sound is a shorter version of the M60 sound from GTA VC.

The Eddo

This "shoot_mp5" sound is a shorter version of the M60 sound from GTA VC.

Nah, it sounds more like the M60 (incorrectly titled as "Assault Rifle") in Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project.

An SMG with the same sound can be seen being used by a Killer Suit who is standing in a Roscoe Bank Vault.

Wait up! Does that mean that the Aesir Corporation was originally meant to be involved with the Punchinello Crime Family so deep that Nicole Horne allowed Angelo Punchinello use her men for such a small-time armed robbery?

Edited by The Eddo