Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,185 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Voodoo

Have A Question? V3

GTA_CAT
34 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Has anyone ever went for a really really long walks? And by long walks i mean this certain type, when you pack your stuff in a bag/backpack and move from town to town on foot or with hitchhiking? How does it feel like?

I have made in two occasions stages of Santiago's way about 3/5 times each one, but not for spiritual reasons. It was obvioulsy adventurous, amazing, gratifying and a large list of alike adjectives. I only covered each day between 20 and 30 km (12-18 miles) and I didn't suffer any kind of complication, it's important to walk a distance suitable for you or even less like my case, have in your mind tomorrow you will have to walk too. A part from avoiding health and other problems you have time to explore and visit the town or place where you will stay the night. I managed to stay always in hostels so I only ned to bring a sleeping bag. This is another key aspect, only taking with you the essential and planning food, hygiene, weather... issues.

If want to experience with this I totally suggest you to do it, but always plan and prepare everything to face whatever you can find and remember you don't need to walk or move a bunch of distance everyday, only the one you feel good with and stop every interesting place you go to.

mr quick
On 6/9/2018 at 10:00 PM, Sanches said:

Has anyone ever went for a really really long walks? And by long walks i mean this certain type, when you pack your stuff in a bag/backpack and move from town to town on foot or with hitchhiking? How does it feel like?

If you plan to do this, please practice beforehand. If your body isn't used to it, it'll get hard real quick

AiraCobra

Will unticking Someone comments on something I follow stop me from getting these type of notifcations?

9867979cca856130c1489cf8633b96f4.png

Kyoto

How do YouTubers use licensed music in their intros/outros without copyright strikes?

How does use of licensed music in shows/movies/trailers work? What process do you go through?   

AiraCobra
2 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

How do YouTubers use licensed music in their intros/outros without copyright strikes?

How does use of licensed music in shows/movies/trailers work? What process do you go through?   

Just like how people can upload clips from TV Shows and Movies without having them deleted, They are required to agree to not to claim it as their own and agree to let the original content owners run ads on their videos just like this.

186a397c557f7583d4cc158bbf16be92.png

Am Shaegar
11 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

Will unticking Someone comments on something I follow stop me from getting these type of notifcations?

9867979cca856130c1489cf8633b96f4.png

If you're unticking then it certainly should stop sending you those type of notifications. 

Lucy_Woooolfe
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:44 PM, DOUGL4S1 said:

So, i've got a possibly life-changing test in less than 2 weeks […]

And, how did things work out for you now? Just curious

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

DOUGL4S1
5 hours ago, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

The test is tomorrow, but I'm much more confident with it. Found a site with questions on a similar level to the ones I'll have to answer there, so I just kept answering them, if I had any doubt I'd research it, etc, and now I'm getting at least 8/10 correct without using Google. Not perfect but much better.

AiraCobra
9 hours ago, Am Shaegar said:

If you're unticking then it certainly should stop sending you those type of notifications. 

I anticked it but i'm still getting those notifcations

a281b4815d4ec772cc7998163eabe281.png

Edit: I think I might've found the issue, It appears that I am auto following the topic for some reason now

Edit 2: I derped up, When I unticked it I forgot to save the settings so I unticked it again and made sure to save this time

Neon_Dreaming

I'm pretty proficient with Microsoft Word and can manage Access but I have limited experience with Excel. There are lots of tutorials on youtube, my question is what aspects of excel should I learn, what are the most commonly used features of excel that I should learn. I was learning about vlookup recently, what else should I focus on?

AiraCobra
22 minutes ago, Neon_Dreaming said:

I'm pretty proficient with Microsoft Word and can manage Access but I have limited experience with Excel. There are lots of tutorials on youtube, my question is what aspects of excel should I learn, what are the most commonly used features of excel that I should learn. I was learning about vlookup recently, what else should I focus on?

Most common thing that I know people use Excel for is doing spread sheets

Lucy_Woooolfe

^ oddly enough, many people use excel spreads sheets for tasks that either word tables or access data base functions can handle better. But the more you want to really go into the number crunching and analytical stuff, excel becomes superior.

Since you will have fewer problems in finding your way around the menu system, you probably can skip much of the "getting-around" basic stuff and head directly into the core functions: Foremost how formulas work, their general syntax, correct use of cell references etc., and how excel's assistant function can support you (the assistant actually has become helpful since 2013 version).

You'll also want to make yourself familiar with cell formatting, since the whole format thing only superficially looks closely related to word - it isn't, and beyond mere text window dressing there are some really important numeric formats applicable to cells that decide whether your mathematical operations will work or not.

Sorting and lookup functions are interesting. And you'll want to check how excel can use access data bases.

That's first thing coming to my mind, I've gotten a bit rusty myself with the stuff since my retirement from office management 😬 Hope I supplied you with some valid starting pointers. Have fun 

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

AiraCobra
31 minutes ago, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

^ oddly enough, many people use excel spreads sheets for tasks that either word tables or access data base functions can handle better. But the more you want to really go into the number crunching and analytical stuff, excel becomes superior.

I haven't used Excel or Spread Sheets since I graduated High School but if you had asked me back then how to do everything I could teach you.

During my all 4 years of High School I ran the School Store where we sold everything from school supplies to candy and it was like an actual store in an old classroom that we would open up every morning before school, during lunch and for an hour after school we had a huge selection as well it was like a little mini-mart while most school stores consist of a little cabinet with notebooks and pens.

I took accounting all 4 years and was eventually put in charge of the store I was more or less the manager and had people working under me but I was the only one in charge of balancing the books, keeping track of inventory making sure the counts matched our cash amount for the week and wasn't off by more than $3 and everything else that dealt with the cash of the business itself the first year it took me a good few months to learn everything but by my senior year I knew all the tricks and shortcuts and could finish a sheet in 1/4 of the time it took me my freshman year.

Edited by AiraCobra

trip
1 hour ago, Neon_Dreaming said:

[...]what else should I focus on?

Playing with all the charts and graphs is fun.

Pivot tables can be neat.

AiraCobra
4 minutes ago, trip said:

Playing with all the charts and graphs is fun.

Pivot tables can be neat.

Congrats on becoming Led-By

Neon_Dreaming

@Lucy_Woooolfe

thank you Lucy, will start my studying tomorrow. :)

DOUGL4S1
On 6/16/2018 at 4:46 AM, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

The test went fairly well, very few questions I didn't know and had to guess. I think I got most of the 30 questions right at least, but only the final results will count. And there was some Excel stuff in there too.

Lucy_Woooolfe
2 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

I haven't used Excel or Spread Sheets since I graduated High School but if you had asked me back then how to do everything I could teach you.

Just to make sure: I didn't offend you with my remark about people not using excel to its full capacity, I hope? It was absolutely not targeted at you specifically. Originally I was referring to Neon's original question, above your answer, you just beat me to it, and I somewhat clumsily rephrased.

I have the highest respect for people putting this awesome yet surprisingly complicated program to use. I myself was working a couple of years in a firm dealing with office services and management support, hence using office products including the programs mentioned, yet I distinctly feel I have only scratched at the surface of what excel can to.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

Am Shaegar

I have been working with Office suite, and specifically Excel, for many years now. Its an excellent software. When I was working on a part time basis during college for maintaining and preparing CMA data and working on greenfield projects, I used to make really good money simply because of my good knowledge of using Excel. If you are simply looking for a part time job then its a lot easy to get jobs here that require proficient knowledge of Excel, and a basic hands on experience with Word like printing, formatting, etc and nothing else. 

Since then I have been improving my skills through self learning (lots of videos and material available) and I still find something that didn't cover earlier in Excel. Really a great software and the early you start, the better are the chances to get jobs with a good, simple pay. :^:

AiraCobra

Did Netflix get rid of the ability to cast from your phone/tablet to your TV? 

I havent done done it in a while so I never bothered to look for it but I was looking for it last night as I couldn’t find the remote to open Netflix so I was just going to cast to TV but no option and can’t find anything in searches about it

12 hours ago, Lucy_Woooolfe said:

Just to make sure: I didn't offend you with my remark about people not using excel to its full capacity, I hope? It

Of course not so no worries I only needed it for the basic of things to keep track I never really needed to delve into it any deeper so I honestly didn’t/don’t know the full capabilities that it can do which is why I could only give the basic reply that I gave in the first place because that’s all I used it for and AFAIK others I know who’ve used it for the same reason

Sanches

When's comeback of signatures?

AiraCobra
12 hours ago, Sanches said:

When's comeback of signatures?

Sᴏᴏɴ™

_______

Anybody know if IOrbit Malware Fighter a decent malware detector and remover? Or do you know of any decent free ones that not only detect but actually removes the malware from the computer not just pretending to do so only to say Oops we found more please purchase in order to wipe them completely

Am Shaegar

In addition to the above - Malwarebytes, Zemana AntiMalware and HitmanPro

sivispacem

What's wrong with using an AV people have actually heard of? Windows Defender is very, very good these days.

MyNameHere

1.- ¿Why some girls don't like to touch his head with the palm of the hand?.

2.- ¿Why people see user profile here in gtaforums?.

Edited by MyNameHere

Lucy_Woooolfe
10 hours ago, MyNameHere said:

1.- ¿Why some girls don't like to touch his head with the palm of the hand?.

2.- ¿Why people see user profile here in gtaforums?.

1. I usually don't mind answering questions, but I'm afraid I don't understand this one (in fact I start interpreting quite silly things into it). Has something been lost in translation, or what am I missing?

2. Not sure about that one either, but if you're interested why people are looking at other people's profiles, I can answer (as for my part) that i do that quite often because when someone writes something I find, for whatever reason, remarkable I'm getting interested in the person writing it and go browsing the 'about' section and activity logs to get context, get a better picture. That's what the profile page is for, isn't it? Some people are updating their profiles regularly, so I'm revisiting. Is this unusual or considered impolite? Honest (counter-)question, for I'm still struggling with forum etiquette.

Edited by Lucy_Woooolfe

MyNameHere

Sorry, first question is ¿why some girls don't like when someone touch his head or hair with the palm of the hand?.

I'm afraid if someone sees my profile when I don't have anything personal, I put around posts then.

AiraCobra

Some girls are really more or less touchy about their hair as it could be superficial such as not wanting their hair to get messed up as girls often take time to make sure their hair is perfect before leaving the house.

It could also be a boundaries thing as touching someone is very personally and invades their personal space which is the third reason a lot of people especially girls simply don't like being touched especially by people who aren't family and whom they aren't in a relationship with and even then they may not like it.

My ex wife hated it when I would run my fingers though her hair even though she didn't have any knots/tangles and it wasn't hurting her she simply just didn't like for her head/hair to be touched.

39 minutes ago, MyNameHere said:

I'm afraid if someone sees my profile when I don't have anything personal, I put around posts then.

Like @Lucy_Woooolfe pointed out your question still doesn't make a whole lot of sense and seems to have gotten lost in translation again but I think she gave a really good answer in return but let me see if I can understand the question....?

I'm not answering it I am just asking if I am correct in assuming what you're asking for.

Are you saying - You're afraid of people going to your profile because your profile isn't filled out and the only thing they can see in your profile are post made on the forum?

Or

Are you afraid that they can get personal information from your profile because of post you've made within the forum?

Edited by AiraCobra

Lucy_Woooolfe

^ Or: Are you wondering as to why someone browses your profile although there is almost nothing in it?

Well, since there is nothing indicating as to how much info is shared in any profile beforehand, there I am, curious me (and I admit I am a curious old busybody cat indeed), either finding a treasure trove of info and links to interesting other topics even, or I find myself in barren digital lands, pull a sad face and move on. Even in case of the latter, I'm afraid, I will eventually revisit the place from time to time, just to keep looking if the inhabitant has developed any new tastes in beefing up the profile page 😀

As to the hair-thing, @AiraCobra has pretty much covered it. I only like to add to "personal space", that "we" (I honestly feel uncomfortable in speaking for all women) might sometimes seem a bit thin-skinned on that subject, but that's like this whole debate about consent kicking in. For my part, I'm just wary of old-fashioned males taking liberties as granted, or even feeling entitled to grab whatever they like. It's not necessarily anything personal, it's just a sense of rebellion against years of cultural inferiority wrongly hammered into girls by conservative shmocks. Things are balancing out bit by bit, but, yes, I can get a bit touchy (again, I can not speak for every woman here). I've become that way for reasons.  

As the sensation itself goes, I don't mind being touched in that fashion, but I want to be asked beforehand. Then again, as being dark skinned I also surprisingly often get this "may I touch your beautiful ['African'] hair?" thing, too, mostly from elder people. There was a time where this sent me on the anti-racist train quite easily, but I've become much calmer in that respect by now. Sometimes people just can't help it, but they don't mean ill; me included.