Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,403 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CrisPK

MOTW #77

MOTW #77  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which mission is the best?

• Watch Dogs: Bloody Code by CrisPK
    • Rico Rodriguez by zgames1998
    • Redemption by Aftab

CrisPK

The most important thing most of us should take into consideration that... Jesus, it's 2017. DYOM's phase of prime has settled a long time ago now. There's no new updates for the mod itself and people have litterally designed every inch of the map at the course of a reasonable ammount of years now. Stuff like this can't just keep itself up forever. The only hopefull point for all of us would be DYOM's port to Underground, which may or may not bring atleast a fraction of traffic back into the community. Despite that, there's not much else that can be done now. And about the feedback... as of myself, I guess I've been spending too much time on MOTW's. I have plans for a project soon, and that being said, I will surely consider giving actual detailed feedback to every project that is alive out there in the Showroom too. For how long will I keep doing this? I don't know. I don't want to go in-depth about it, but right now I'm running a brand new and young YouTube channel focused entirely on DYOM and reviewing projects with commentary. Thus far I am playing only a couple of projects, but if anyone out there wants me to walk through your project, I can surely do so without a problem. Hope this brings some motivation to some of you. Peace out.

You're right, but DYOM port to Underground may help only Senior Designer that made XX mission packs on SA map and want to try something new. Newcomers and "normal" designers still have a lot of ideas on SA map and just want some attention. I think on forum is more designers than players, that's why there is not too much feedbacks. Still waiting for you to review MOTWs missions ^^ Good Luck in your YT Channel

@CrisPK Thanks, you're probably right. Cause the first step to become a great designer is to create an awesome project and releasing it. Thanks for your kindness about my MP, I wish everyone is like you. Sharing ideas. You should share this idea in the topic, for attracting attention. Thanks again. :) You're also good designer in stealth missions, I love stealth missions, my favorite genre, you should create your own projects. ;)

Thanks for beautiful words, but that was my first ever stealth mission ^^ I'm working on some projects but I don't wannt to announce this untill I get over 50% done, you know. ;)

zgames1998

so who won

CrisPK

so who won

Dunno. Maybe we have to wait one more day for more votes. :V

Edited by CrisPK

zgames1998

there aftab congrats you won!

CrisPK

First, do you play all missions before vote? And voting deadline was extend by one day after July 30 but there still was 1:1 in votes so voting is extend by one more day, so it's 22hours left in my time zone

zgames1998

First, do you play all missions before vote? And voting deadline was extend by one day after July 30 but there still was 1:1 in votes so voting is extend by one more day, so it's 22hours left in my time zone

look i never vote when i participate cause you cant vote for yourself and of course would't vote for an oponent but it looked like it wasn't moving at all so i voted for aftab cause i like missions that are about war and i liked the idea of using a choper than being a hacker. with respects.

Edited by zgames1998

Aftab

There are still some hours. Lets wait. And I haven't played any mission. Let me play and decide what to vote.

zgames1998

ok but i have to sleep right now so il see you tomorow at 11:00 am us.

Edited by zgames1998

MartZ2

Hi there. It's been quite a long time since I participated, and I plan to do so in the next MOTW if the moment is opportune for me to create a mission. Anyway, I've written these reviews and took some time to take a look at smaller details too. And before I start, I just wanted to say that I will possibly quit reviewing MOTW's for a long time now and probably move to designing a project or even reviewing one, so these reviews are the last ones you'll see in a long time. Here we go.

EDIT: Aftab's mission couldn't be reviewed due to instant crashes while trying to play. Sorry for that. My vote goes to CrisPK's Watch Dogs: Bloody Code.

zgames1998

rico rodriguez

Object Placement: N/A

Presentation: 6/10 (Normal)

Apart from the fact that this mission lacked cutscenes, they were sometimes misplaced, and sometimes placed good, I guess. Not much else to say. Need some work done, though.

Grammar: 4/10 (Bad)

Encountered mistakes almost in every sentence through-out the entire mission. Some examples are "kill this cabrones" (kill these cabrones), "hidra" (Hydra), "tuff" (tough) etc.. Designer needs some work done to save the quality of the mission.

Gameplay and Difficulty: 5/10 (Below Normal)

The player had to kill dozens of irregulary armored and heavily armed combatants as he makes his way through the base. I guess I get the point that Rico is a mercenary and that this is everyday stuff for him, but this is not the same game this time. There were no health pick-up's scattered over the map (as far as I saw), and the game obviously has no regeneration system. Therefore, the player had to always save every HP along the way and be very careful, which is precisely something that's not going to be enjoyed. Atleast not if you have enough time. After the base, the player had to destroy the cargo plane which was guarded by a couple of even more armored soldiers with rifles. Now, in the case of the player having low health, you are getting nowhere in this part. After the cargo plane, the player had to man the Hydra and destroy airborne targets. Personally, I have no problem flying it, and if others do, they should basically learn. The ammount of enemy jets and those that had to be destroyed was fairly balanced.

Story: 6/10 (Normal)

At the start of the game, William mentions that if the plane delivers the weapons to other parts of the country, it "will be bad for us mercenaries". Us mercenaries? Rico Rodriguez is an undercover agent running solo operations in the field which are given to him by the OGA from the US government. Sometimes, he does undercover work for criminals, thieves, terrorists and other influential people and can be assumed a mercenary, but he is not. Afterwards, Rico was ordered to destroy a cargo plane, but before he does, he had to kill an officer and all of his soldiers for some un-explained reason. Okay, I get the point - in Just Cause it's precisely something you would ask for before you pull an objective, but this ain't the same game, again. Unless grappling hooks and a parachute are added into GTA San Andreas, I won't be able to just waltz through and kill everyone on sight. After that point, there were no more noticeable plot holes afterwards.

TOTAL SCORE: 5.25/10 (Below Normal)

CrisPK

Watch Dogs: Bloody Code

Object Placement: 8/10 (Good)

There were really no noticeable problems during this mission. The objects were placed mostly correctly and where needed. Emphasis on mostly. Something I liked precisely was the falling debris in the building once you had to escape. Really nice work there.

Presentation: 7/10 (Above Normal)

Cutscene placement was handled good. Some were a little misplaced, but that wasn't really a problem. Overall, good job there.

Grammar: 7/10 (Above Normal)

Encountered a fair ammount of mistakes along the way. Couldn't write some examples down due to lack of time, but there were some mistakes. Make sure to sort those out for the sake of your future mission's quality.

Gameplay and Difficulty: 9/10 (Very Good)

Enemies had a reasonable ammount of health and aim skill. Had entirely no problems along the way. Something I specifically enjoyed was the hacking system, which was based on the camera. Aswell as those destroyable soda machines to eliminate enemies off-guard. Those were very welcome implementations. After the building started collapsing, falling debris started blocking the player's way while he was trying to escape, which was enjoyable. Very good work on this one.

Story: 7/10 (Above Normal)

The main problem with this mission was that it had no actual intro or outro. The player was directly placed into action at the start. At the end, Aiden said something like "So, how are you gonna deal with hacked traffic?" and after that - the mission just ends. Some more effort was needed here for a decent ending. During the actual mission I encountered no real plot holes or other problems for that matter. Everything was according to the style and characters of the actual Watch Dogs game.

TOTAL SCORE: 7.6/10 (Good)

Edited by Delaware

orangecop

Hey, what's up guys? My vote goes to Watch Dogs: Bloody Code by CrisPK. Actually, I was unable to play Redemption by Aftab because of crashing by and by.

So...

Let's end this MOTW and start up a new MOTW asap so I can participate. It seems we are getting participants people!

MartZ2

Hey, what's up guys? My vote goes to Watch Dogs: Bloody Code by CrisPK. Actually, I was unable to play Redemption by Aftab because of crashing by and by.

So...

Let's end this MOTW and start up a new MOTW asap so I can participate. It seems we are getting participants people

Oh... Great. Finally atleast someone came back. Yeah, CrisPK should have already started a new topic I suppose, because he won. Strangely enough, he doesn't seem to show any live signs these past days.

zgames1998

So...

Let's end this MOTW and start up a new MOTW asap so I can participate. It seems we are getting participants people

Oh... Great. Finally atleast someone came back. Yeah, CrisPK should have already started a new topic I suppose, because he won. Strangely enough, he doesn't seem to show any live signs these past days.

thats probably cause he won for the 3rd time.

Aftab

So...

Let's end this MOTW and start up a new MOTW asap so I can participate. It seems we are getting participants people!

But it was ok. It does not crashed on my pc even my san andreas has many mods installed.

CrisPK

Sorry guys for my inactivity, my internet provider was having a problem and every page has load about 1,5 hours... :blink: That was hard to do anything. Actually I have some work to do so I will do everything in max. 6 hours. One more time sorry everyone!

MartZ2

So...

thats probably cause he won for the 3rd time.

Haven't been any decent competition these weeks. I don't know, maybe if I participate in the next one, things will flip. I encourage others to join too.

orangecop

So...

But it was ok. It does not crashed on my pc even my san andreas has many mods installed.Idk. I tried to run it but it crashed. I only have Amazing Screenshot and Selfie mod. I have played your previous missions and you're a good designer, just need to play few more of yours. Edited by orangecop