4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GTA3Rockstar

RIP Chester Bennington

BobFromReboot
Yeah I've been severely depressed for most of my life and wanted to kill myself several times. But that could be attributed to the fact my life is sh*t and doesn't have as much good things going on in it as he does.

There are multiple types of depression. It sounds like you've been experiencing "reactive depression" which is a reaction to your current life events not going your way.

Edited by BobFromReboot

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Yeah I've been severely depressed for most of my life and wanted to kill myself several times. But that could be attributed to the fact my life is sh*t and doesn't have as much good things going on in it as he does.

Well I can say I'm in a pretty great position right now and yet I still have depression so it really varies. Sure if I had millions I'd be happier in many ways but that doesn't change my viewpoint or what's actually wrong with me.

Obviously there was something wrong because if money did fix everything, this wouldn't have happened...

chronic lumbago

There's no such thing as a perfect life. Money has the potential to destroy people.

Most of us bums like to think rich people have the best time possible on this planet, but it's far from the truth. Money doesn't make you resistant to desperation, hopelessness and depression. Throw drugs in and it's a suicide brewing up.

Mr_Rager

I get depression when I know what I need to do to be happy but don't do it because of willpower or whatever. Maybe he had to face a demon he didn't want to face or jump too big a hurdle.

PicardsBong

This sucks. Was a big fan like everyone was when I was a kid, and my little brother is still a huge fan, he was devastated. Hopefully this return to the Earth gives him peace and quiet. His music'll keep him alive in the memory of his fans.

Kirsty

Devastating. I wasn't into their recent stuff but they were a staple in my nu metaller days when I was 13 and discovering music. Listening to Hybrid Theory tonight.

Rest in peace, Chester :(

El Dildo

what the f/ck dude.

if talent, family, fame, and fortune aren't enough for Chester (or Chris Cornell), what hope is there for the rest of us?

time won't heal this damage anymore

Edited by El Diablo

Switch

Rest In Peace Chester :( ... My heart dropped when i read the news, so unexpected and sad. I cannot believe it, i cant even tell you how much meant to me and a generation of music. My condolonces to his kids, family and close friends.

Big_Smiley

He's chilling in cuba along with Tupac, Michael Jackson and Kurt Cobain.

Never been a fan, but didn't mind them playing on the radio or tv occassionally.

Didn't know the lead singer had problems, but it isn't suprrising, knowing the industry. Rest in peace.

He's had quite a few issues in the past. Nothing less, rest well Chester. I liked a few of their classic hit tracks like Brake and Numb.

It's just sad another star was taken from us because of suicide. Just like Robin Williams.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

El Dildo

if talent, family, fame, and fortune aren't enough for Chester (or Chris Cornell), what hope is there for the rest of us?

time won't heal this damage anymore

Edited by El Diablo

Gnocchi Flip Flops

This is so f*cked up. I listened to them in 2008 and 2009 when I was in a bit of a phase lol but they still weren't too bad. I don't think I could listen to them knowing what happened it's just too depressing.

DMThePro123

RIP. I listened to Linkin Park for the first time back in 2009 or 2008 (I don't remember exactly). Sometimes I listen "In The End" or other songs.

Edited by DMThePro123

MCMXCII

Here I was hoping that 2017 would be a better year than 2016. I was wrong.

I don't know what to say really as I'm shocked by this news. Like most people my age, Linkin Park was a band that we all listened to when we were kids when they first gained fame and they are a band that I still listen to off and on til this day.

When Chris Cornell died, Linkin Park had did a moving tribute to Chris on Jimmy Kimmels show.

Rest easy Chester and thank you for all the great music you made for the world to listen to over the years.

TheFranchise

I always liked Breaking the Habit. Anyone know why he committed suicide? I'm guessing depression?

That and he was abused as child. I think his good friend Chris Cornell's suicide pushed him over the edge.

KiloVice

That's crazy, especially since his music has helped so many people climb out of their depression and suicidal ideation (myself included...)

Menstrual Deranged

Hybrid Theory came out about a year before a very difficult period in my life. I was in my early 20s. Thought I had it all together and was ready to be an independent adult and then I got several doses of unexpected reality all at once. Was not one of my better moments in life and came pretty close to losing my mind.

I'll spare the details of all that, but what got me through was that album. For weeks on end I would blast songs from that album on my home stereo and in my car and just scream the lyrics right along with Chester.

R.I.P. Chester. I really hope no more musicians die anytime soon, especially like this. It's heartbreaking.

Vitalize

They say

Who cares if one more light goes out?

I do.

We all do.

LP fandom will stay strong and pull through like family.

dyspoid

Hybrid Theory came out about a year before a very difficult period in my life. I was in my early 20s. Thought I had it all together and was ready to be an independent adult and then I got several doses of unexpected reality all at once. Was not one of my better moments in life and came pretty close to losing my mind.

I'll spare the details of all that, but what got me through was that album. For weeks on end I would blast songs from that album on my home stereo and in my car and just scream the lyrics right along with Chester.

R.I.P. Chester. I really hope no more musicians die anytime soon, especially like this. It's heartbreaking.

I'm a little younger than you, but not our ages are likely closer than a lot of other people on this forum. LP was most active during my teen years, and they really helped me a lot too.

The band always spoke to me, and the magical things about their songs was that they kind of addressed the exact feelings that I think a lot of people were going through. Listening to these guys when I was down was always cathartic.

I was heartbroken when I heard the news. Celebrity deaths rarely touch me personally, but this did.

I have to admit that mixed in with the devestation was a little bit of anger - for someone who played a role in my survival to end their own lives is frustrating.

Mr. Mac

He was addicted to alcohol and drugs. He was depressed. He left six children.

I didn't know this. I assumed he killed himself cause he was severely depressed after Chris Darnell passed; they were really close.

Edited by Mr. Mac

GTA3Rockstar

He was addicted to alcohol and drugs. He was depressed. He left six children.

I didn't know this. I assumed he killed himself cause he was severely depressed after Chris Darnell passed; they were really close.

Nothing is known yet.

Yesterday was Cornell's birthday, coincidentally..

Mr. Mac

Yesterday was Cornell's birthday, coincidentally..

Yeah, I just saw that.

Edited by Mr. Mac

Tchuck

Sad to hear about it. I remember back in my Graal Online days, someone mentioning the band and leading me to them, before they really exploded. Was quite a nice feeling being the first to know about them back in my high school.

Shame he took things this way, but only he knows the pain he was feeling. Had quite a troubled childhood, and recently lost his friend and idol, those things can take a toll on anyone.

Hope he finally has peace now.

MuntyJack

great artist

RIP

DOUGL4S1

I've never been a huge fan of Linkin Park, the few songs I know from memory are Numb and In The End, from late 2000s YouTube tutorials with notepads (We've all been there). Nevertheless, It's another big loss for music in general.

RIP.

El Dildo

River God

Interesting how he sang a song in tribute to Chris Cornell, who died of hanging, and he himself takes his life the same way shortly after.

Edited by Hakuma