3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

PicardsBong

Senator John McCain - Dies at 81

MCMXCII

One thing he has going for him is they were able to catch it before it spread and it sounds like the surgery he had last week removed the tumor in itself but removing the tumor is only 90% of the treatment now he needs to do either chemo or radiation to kill the rest of the tumor that is still inside so it doesn't grow back.

Being 80 years old Chemo won't be kind to his body with old age comes a slightly compermised immune system making him more supcepable to infection and growth of the existing tumor but he has access to the best doctors and treatment in the world and like i said they were able to remove the main part of the tumor which is 90% of what is needed and the rest of his treatment will be to kill the rest of the cancer.

If he can survive being shot down and tortured by the NVA then he can survive this.

I thought they only removed a blood clot which is how they discovered that he had the tumor. From what all I heard, the tumor is still on his brain and they have yet to remove it.

AiraCobra

One thing he has going for him is they were able to catch it before it spread and it sounds like the surgery he had last week removed the tumor in itself but removing the tumor is only 90% of the treatment now he needs to do either chemo or radiation to kill the rest of the tumor that is still inside so it doesn't grow back.

Being 80 years old Chemo won't be kind to his body with old age comes a slightly compermised immune system making him more supcepable to infection and growth of the existing tumor but he has access to the best doctors and treatment in the world and like i said they were able to remove the main part of the tumor which is 90% of what is needed and the rest of his treatment will be to kill the rest of the cancer.

If he can survive being shot down and tortured by the NVA then he can survive this.

I thought they only removed a blood clot which is how they discovered that he had the tumor. From what all I heard, the tumor is still on his brain and they have yet to remove it.

Maybe i misheard but i would've swore that the BBC World News said that the surgery was to remove the tumor.

If it was indeed a clot and not the tumor then he's not as lucky as i orginally though unless it is still indeed in the very early stages

John Smith

The edgelord kids were always going to be strong in this thread, but despite my own grievances against ol' cheeks, my heart goes out to his family. Cancer's a c*nt.

Queenslayer

He's an old warmonger who pushed for war with Syria, posed with "Syrian Rebels" and has been beating the war drum with Russia. He has no problem with sending troops to their demise and if he had his way that's what would be happening right now. It's always good when people die for the wars you want.

American hero? Songbird McCain

Sunrise Driver

He was my #1 choice for president. I'd vote for him over Obama.

Really sad news.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Having seen what cancer does to someone(my mother) I really hope he can pull through.

I'm no way political so I don't care about any of that, but to wish death on someone with such a horrible disease. Time to grow up.

Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx

Khephera

Having seen what cancer does to someone(my mother) I really hope he can pull through.

I'm no way political so I don't care about any of that, but to wish death on someone with such a horrible disease. Time to grow up.

Well, I've seen close-related people die from cancer as well, but unlike John f*cking McCain, they didn't deserve it. And what is this sh*t with "I'm 'unpolitical' (lmao.. I hate those people), I don't care"...? If you'd know anything about social-political history, you wouldn't condemn the death - or the wish thereof - of certain people. That could break "empires". It's time for you to grow up. Being a human being isn't a virtue in and of itself.

Typhus

When things like this happen to politicians, it makes me wonder why they don't champion the cause of euthanasia. Cancer is an insidious, relentless disease. Were I to have it, I would kill myself to avoid the terrible side affects, same with diseases like Alzheimer's. This is something all people should have access to, a quick and painless death rather than simply being expected to "fight" as their body is devouring itself.

Hopefully Mr. McCain can pull through. But if not, it's not much to ask that the man should be allowed to die on his own terms, whilst he still maintains his bodily autonomy and dignity.

PicardsBong

When things like this happen to politicians, it makes me wonder why they don't champion the cause of euthanasia. Cancer is an insidious, relentless disease. Were I to have it, I would kill myself to avoid the terrible side affects, same with diseases like Alzheimer's. This is something all people should have access to, a quick and painless death rather than simply being expected to "fight" as their body is devouring itself.

Hopefully Mr. McCain can pull through. But if not, it's not much to ask that the man should be allowed to die on his own terms, whilst he still maintains his bodily autonomy and dignity.

As someone with a father who has a terminal disease, I agree wholeheartedly Typhus. But unfortunately, in America, the thought of doctors having even the slightest chance of having the power to kill someone who doesn't really wanna die (think the death panel nonsense from a few years back) freaks us all out because we're irrational, alarmist nutjobs. But it should most definitely be an option, it's cruel that it is not.

To all of you who have a had a parent with cancer, how have you dealt with it? If they beat it, do you live in fear of it coming back? If they didn't, how did you even begin to cope with their loss? I would be a useless wreck.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

Well, I've seen close-related people die from cancer as well, but unlike John f*cking McCain, they didn't deserve it. And what is this sh*t with "I'm 'unpolitical' (lmao.. I hate those people), I don't care"...? If you'd know anything about social-political history, you wouldn't condemn the death - or the wish thereof - of certain people. That could break "empires". It's time for you to grow up. Being a human being isn't a virtue in and of itself.

It's called showing humility. You sound real ignorant.

How would you feel for someone to wish you dead while you possibly have a terminal illness? Time and damn place for certain things.

Khephera

It's called showing humility. You sound real ignorant.

How would you feel for someone to wish you dead while you possibly have a terminal illness? Time and damn place for certain things.

Nobody's wishing me dead, at least not that I'm aware of. But what does it even matter? What a stupid question... "oh no, how is poor little Hitler feeling" lol

I only really care about my family and friends. Some unrelated human is whishing that I'll die? So what? Who cares?

AlienTwo

McCain wasn't even close to Hitler... stop posting.

Khephera

McCain wasn't even close to Hitler... stop posting.

Thank you, Cpt. Obvious. Touché

sivispacem

Before this becomes any more of a sh*t-flinging match I'd advise everyone wind their collective necks in. If your sole purpose thread to rejoice in someone's possible imminent death, ask yourself why the f*ck you're posting.

PicardsBong

Oops, sorry everyone f*cked up a quote

Edited by PicardsBong

Nonstopmaximum

Being a left side, card carrying Democrat I was never his biggest fan until I saw the movie Game Change.

I can't stand Sarah Palin and was totally late in seeing the movie but damn...I gained much respect for him after that movie.

Should be noted that both John and Sarah have stated that movie is very inaccurate.

Evil empire

John Mc Cain doesn't seem to be a waste of humanity like George W Bush or Donald Trump but since he's republican I don't think he'll be a great loss.

Caysle

John Mc Cain doesn't seem to be a waste of humanity like George W Bush or Donald Trump but since he's republican I don't think he'll be a great loss.

"He has different opinions so I think he won't be a great loss." lol good luck with your life

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

he has a rare form of brain cancer known as 'conservatism'

I was waiting for you, you lovable droog. Big time fan, long time lurker, first time caller. Your response was mild compared to what I thought it'd be. You growing mellow in your old age, sir? :)

no my member log has just grown longjust to be clear that is not a euphemismWell, this made me reconsider a post i had in mind.

Ehm....i feel sorry for the guy and wish him the best i guess ?!

Before this becomes any more of a sh*t-flinging match I'd advise everyone wind their collective necks in. If your sole purpose thread to rejoice in someone's possible imminent death, ask yourself why the f*ck you're posting.

To be honest though this guy ain't that bad, i think a lot of people will celebrate if trump or joung un dies.

AiraCobra

I can understand his postion, He's probably in a place where the Chemo just isn't doing what it's supposed too and the doctors have given him a poor prognosis and on top of it all he's probably sick and tired of being sick and tired.

It probably won't be long before he's near the end and in some sort of supportive care situation.

It's too bad he's going to be gone so soon, He was one of few democratic allies we have/had in the Senate who was a voice of reason in the Trump administration. 

MCMXCII

I've lost a Great-uncle (my grandfather's brother) to a brain tumor. There's so little that can be done to rid you of it without any long-term effects even with all the treatments and surgeries. Once you have it, it's only a matter of time before it kills you.

AiraCobra

My aunt passed away in 2008 due to brain cancer/tumor and by the time it was realized it was too late and cancer had already spread to her lungs and rest of her body and all they could do is provide supportively care and keep her comfortable as she was told that the cancer was too far advanced for chemo or any other treatments to help.

They gave her 6 months she lived three years.

Even though she was sick she didn't act like it she just kept living on as if nothing was wrong and even the night before she died she was still herself she just didn't let it bother her the way it does some people and then one night she went to bed and didn't wake up

Killer Whale

Well, they just announced he died a few hours ago. 

AiraCobra

Oooh wow!

That was a fast decline from him talking to the media a few weeks ago and looking alright to passing away.

Just goes to show you how fast someone can go downhill when it comes to brain tumors.

RIP to an American Hero & a Democratic Ally here to hope all he has done won't be soiled by greedy republicans

MCMXCII

I was really hoping he would have been able to beat it but he sure as hell put up a good fight.

May he rest easy now.

Pocket Fox

I saw the news today, very sad. I think the world as a whole lost someone who was very forthright and honest. He seemed a decent politician, one who argued policy over personality.

I was surprised by how fast his decline was, but at least his suffering is over and his family have closure.

I normally dislike politicians, but I saw John McCain not as a politician, but a hero.

TheSpectre

Sad to hear he's gone. But at least he's no longer suffering. Rest in peace good sir.

Big_Smiley

Too soon... too damn soon....Just wrote my comment last year knowing he would beat this bastard of a cancer.

Rest well you american hero....

Candy_Licker
3 hours ago, Pocket Fox said:

I saw the news today, very sad. I think the world as a whole lost someone who was very forthright and honest. He seemed a decent politician, one who argued policy over personality.

I was surprised by how fast his decline was, but at least his suffering is over and his family have closure.

I normally dislike politicians, but I saw John McCain not as a politician, but a hero.

Decent? Oh please. People act like he was a saint now because he was not a Trumpist.  This guy was as racist, hypocritical, warmongering, and poor people hating as any Republican.

This guy ran with Sarah freaking Palin as his veep.

Edited by Candy_Licker