Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,536 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Journey_95

Where does GTA V rank for you compared to the other GTA games?

Journey_95

My second most disliked GTA game, right after LCS. Still nothing has beaten GTA2 yet for me.

I have never seen anyone with this opinion, very interesting. What makes you like GTA2 so much?

Probably the lack of story and characters, that it wasn't cinematic etc. lol

Edited by Journey_95

O.Z

1. GTA IV

2. GTA V

3. San Andreas

4. Vice City

5. GTA III

Edited by O.Z

ChiroVette

1. GTA V

2. San Andreas

3. III and VC (about equal)

4. VCS

5. LCS

6. Advance

7. GTA II and London

8. GTA I

9. Tetris

10. Ms. Pac Man

11. 1970's Pong

12. Chewing on broken glass

13. Getting teeth pulled without anesthesia

14. Chemotherapy

15. Getting bashed in the face repeatedly with a Louisville Slugger

16. Death

100. GTA Snore

Still at it I see, wow.

Being the purveyor of truth. Its a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. In fairness, you bring up a good point, so out of respect to you, I did make a minor change in the edit of your quote.

You're welcome! :r*::r*::r*::r*:

gunziness

I would put it slighly under GTAIV+EFLC. Its not a bad game at all, but its not the best one neither.

Edited by gunziness

Yinepi

My second most disliked GTA game, right after LCS. Still nothing has beaten GTA2 yet for me.

I have never seen anyone with this opinion, very interesting. What makes you like GTA2 so much?

Probably the lack of story and characters, that it wasn't cinematic etc. lol

The dystopia vibe, the soundtrack, the respesct system, and the general underlying themes. You have religious zealots pushing their agenda, big corporations like Zaibatsu monopolizing the city and pushing drugs upon its people, corrupt police system backed by the various criminal empires, toxic water supply with a government that shows no intention of fixing it, intense racist undertones, corrupt pseudoscience, etc. There was this general feeling that you were playing not as the self-deprecating anti-hero, but rather as a simple man that accepts his criminal fate in a world where everyone is out to get you, and if you don't play the world right, it'll play you.

There is that message, among a few other ones in GTA2 that really help parody the US much better than an annoying burger shot advert about fat people on the radio ever can. Rockstar put a lot of creativity into GTA2, but it's messages and jokes are only understood if you willing to think deeply.

Edited by Yinepi

Official General

The dystopia vibe, the soundtrack, the respesct system, and the general underlying themes. You have religious zealots pushing their agenda, big corporations like Zaibatsu monopolizing the city and pushing drugs upon its people, corrupt police system backed by the various criminal empires, toxic water supply with a government that shows no intention of fixing it, intense racist undertones, corrupt pseudoscience, etc. There was this general feeling that you were playing not as the self-deprecating anti-hero, but rather as a simple man that accepts his criminal fate in a world where everyone is out to get you, and if you don't play the world right, it'll play you.

There is that message, among a few other ones in GTA2 that really help parody the US much better than an annoying burger shot advert about fat people on the radio ever can. Rockstar put a lot of creativity into GTA2, but it's messages and jokes are only understood if you willing to think deeply.

I've never played GTA 2, because I was never interested in the top-down GTAs. But going by how you just described GTA 2, I'm sure I would not have liked it. It's sounds very boring and also way too unrealistic for me, all that talk of corrupt giant corporations, governments etc, has put me off already. It sounds like the later Saints Row games, which I hated.

I prefer GTA games with a more realistic approach to the themes of crime they explore. Hence my top 3 favourite GTAs are VC, SA and IV.

Cutter De Blanc

GTA2 is really nothing like the Saint's Row games.

Yinepi

I've never played GTA 2, because I was never interested in the top-down GTAs. But going by how you just described GTA 2, I'm sure I would not have liked it. It's sounds very boring and also way too unrealistic for me, all that talk of corrupt giant corporations, governments etc, has put me off already. It sounds like the later Saints Row games, which I hated.

I prefer GTA games with a more realistic approach to the themes of crime they explore. Hence my top 3 favourite GTAs are VC, SA and IV.

Sure Saints Row 3/4 and GTA2 explore similar dystopia themes, but that's where all comparison really stops.

Edited by Yinepi

Algonquin Assassin

I'd actually like to see a modernised take on GTA 2's dystopia theme. Retro-futurism is a style I've come to enjoy over the years. I think a HD GTA 2 like GTA would be pretty rad.

KonradGM

Gta V gameplay wise is what i would want every previous gta to be, but story wise it's not there, with is funny, again gameplay wise gta V does soo much right, you can finally buy yourself a car, money can be spend on so much stuff, movement and controls are great, but story is just like great satire but as a story within itself it's meh,

I say if i could implement gta v gameplay into any previous gta (especially gta IV) i would get my perfect gta game