2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mach1bud

[GTAO] The General Chat Topic

Spider-Vice

Posts about YouTubers belong here. Bashing is not allowed and will result in warnings or bans.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Prince_Polaris

Hehe I had $555556 bucks earlier today so I ran off to the bunker, bought a soda, and BAM this screenshot was born before bills could f*ck it up:

20170722191225_1.jpg

Edit: oh hell yeah first post on page 7! :D

Edited by Prince_Polaris

Amy Vinewood

For the last few months been playing gta differently. Spending time doing the things I want to do, and doing them with the people closest to me. I've also been weeding out the "friends" that are liars, two faces, stalkers and so forth.

I find myself playing more, and having more fun. Honestly it's like a whole new game to me again.

PetrolCB

Hehe I had $555556 bucks earlier today so I ran off to the bunker, bought a soda, and BAM this screenshot was born before bills could f*ck it up:

20170722191225_1.jpg

Nice. I love weird numerical bank statements in the game. I never managed to grab a screen, but once I had it at $246444642. Before I hit the button, it took money out for daily fees. I don't know why I remember that figure, but I do.

Professional Amateur

-snip-

If you can do that with a million or so digits of Pi, I'll be quite impressed.

Prince_Polaris

-snap crackle pop-

Nice. I love weird numerical bank statements in the game. I never managed to grab a screen, but once I had it at $246444642. Before I hit the button, it took money out for daily fees. I don't know why I remember that figure, but I do.

That is a really weird number to remember... I mean, I can see why, it's symmetrical!

-snip-

If you can do that with a million or so digits of Pi, I'll be quite impressed.

Well, if I can find a modder....

Machine_Elves

budcat

I've got the perfect rant for this topic.

My recent nerd project was dumping my PS2 BIOS and making images of all my favorite games so I've had some time to play Gran Turismo 4 on PCXS2. I had to reassign all the inputs and swap the left and right sticks but I was able to get the perfect driving controls and I want the universe to know. Some of these aren't used in GT, but I think this is how driving games should work in the future. I hope by putting it out into the ether it someday appears in a developer's head at R*. (Then again my idea for a walkman never percolated that way so maybe it's hopeless. Yeah I called it a walkman, that's how old the idea is.) Anyway.....

R2 is gas, R1 is e-brake, L1 is brake, L2 engages the clutch

Flicking up or down on the right stick shifts up or down

OR

Better yet, a little diagram of the transmission could be in the corner of the screen and the right stick would be the shifter so you can shift into whatever gear you like

Left stick steers.

A button could then switch it to drive-by mode where the right stick aims and L2 fires or whatever, they could figure it out,

Or just make it so the driver can't do a drive-by, or can't shift while doing a drive-by, and make automatics and manuals available at the mod shop.

Manual transmissions in the next GTA please!

Then again it will probably be f*ckin' robotic cars you can't drive shuttling you around town in some stupid futuristic dystopian hell hole.....

Black-Dragon96

Really wish we could enable/disable suppressors on our weapons in the interaction menu. Add a tiny animation and a little bit of time between each time so it's not entirely instant. Would be practical.

I can't remember what game that I played where all we had to do was press one of the d-pad buttons to remove, or reattach, the suppressor on our gun. I really liked that little feature and I wish it was in GTAV.The only one I know is "Homefront The Revolution". You could change everything on your weapons by pressing a few buttons.

Also:

Anyone ever thought about a feature to transfer cars between the main and the second character?

With this option car collectors (like me) would no longer have to sell their older cars in order to make space for the new ones. Instead we could simply transfer it to an empty slot in a garage of the second character and leave it there until we get more space on the main character or keep them on the second character for ever.

Combine that with the option to call the other character from your phone (main can call secondary, secondary can call main) like the mechanic and have a car from the other characters garage delivered to you and the garagespace problem would be a little less problematic.

Edited by Black-Dragon96

Parth13

Really wish we could enable/disable suppressors on our weapons in the interaction menu. Add a tiny animation and a little bit of time between each time so it's not entirely instant. Would be practical.

I can't remember what game that I played where all we had to do was press one of the d-pad buttons to remove, or reattach, the suppressor on our gun. I really liked that little feature and I wish it was in GTAV.I think Hitman series also has that feature, at least for the pistols, I don't remember using suppressor for any rifle so don't really remember much about them.

Fugitive69

Is there a chance we will get discounts to yachts upcoming tuesday? Or was there one already recently that i missed? Planning to buy one

CrysisAverted

Is there a chance we will get discounts to yachts upcoming tuesday? Or was there one already recently that i missed? Planning to buy one

iXHokC.jpg

Fugitive69

iXHokC.jpg

Ah well, at least i wont have to wait. Ill buy it anyway. Thanks.

Prince_Polaris

-sneep-

b-but how?

Kyoto

Hopefully this is on topic, but... can someone tell me the signs of a cheater/modded account? (Stats/KDR/Cash)

I was going to make a topic about it but I didn't want to make a potential dupe one.

datetenou

I wished there are more JDMs in this game

Tuners DLC when??

Mach1bud

Hopefully this is on topic, but... can someone tell me the signs of a cheater/modded account? (Stats/KDR/Cash)

I was going to make a topic about it but I didn't want to make a potential dupe one.

Lvl 5000 and lvl 8000 are common. Modded K/D will be like 4627282:1.

Teleporting. God mode. Invisible body parts. Unobtainable clothing (checkerboard).

There are many obvious signs.

MCMXCII

^ Flying rainbow cars/tanks/etc.

They'll change their online character model to that of an npc's too.

Mach1bud

Ah yes on PC basically anything fishy=cheaters/modders.

SprinklesMcFartza

1 thing I'll look at on xbox is their gamerscore, usually modded accounts are 1500 and below. But that's not a dead giveaway, just a clue. Like last night I was snooping the lobby to check k/d's before a product sale, to spot trolls. 1 guy had a 135.15kd. Didn't seem right, checked gamer card which had a 15k score, made me say "oh damn". Jet troll or something. He was level 266, seemed legit...ish.

Edited by SprinklesMcFartza

Professional Amateur

Just won against some of the most bogan sounding players in a game of OR.

Started off with "f*ckIN' YEAH NAH YEAH LETS GO BILLY LETS GET THESE DOGS"

Then they got more and more annoyed as the match went on, with strings of expletives in place of actual sentences.

I then got called a "****ing **** **** mongrel dog" for ramming one of them off the platform

I love playing against true blue 'Strayans because it's absolutely hilarious at times.

E: About modded accounts, look at their crew rank from the player list in the pause menu. It's often a dead giveaway.

Edited by Professional Amateur

Brooks86

On top of everything mentioned above, on XBOX ONE the largest indicator that you have encountered a possible modder (in any game) is a Gamertag created with the "Microsoft Random Gamertag Generator" which combines an Adjective + a random Noun + random Numbers.

When the XB1 came out Microsoft went nuts promoting creation of a new gamertag and dropped the price from $8 to $1 for months. According to numerous forums and most notably the XB1 subreddit, Brazilian (and other) hackers/modders seized the opportunity to purchase thousands of randomly generated Gamertags knowing that eventually once modded, loaded up with inflated gamer score and tied to popular games the tags could be resold for upwards of $150 or more. 9 times out of 10 when you encounter a player with a name like:

BarterCashew988, MaterialEnd569, OverripeBoat896, CheerySteak1937, CursoryCascade6, EvasiveArtist37, FrontThyme75788, HeadedQuill6288, WoolPancake4867, GloatingPurse18, DebilitatingFaun197, SpruceEight8712, WebbySkydiver39, AglowBird227897, CroakyGlitter34, FallHickory4751, PunyKeyboard328 etc.

you have met either a wildly uncreative child or someone that purchased a modded account and chose not to pay $8 more dollars to change the tag again. These individuals have a decided advantage with most limits on GTA: Online easily removed resulting in zero fatigue slowdown and unlimited full speed sprint, unlimited combat rolls, zero recoil, the ability to shoot through props, billions of dollars (zero consequences for blowing up other players rides) modded rank and of course a modded K/D ratio.

hei3enberg

Modded accounts is interesting topic. First of all, you should answer the question why do you want to spot it? Often, their behavior tells everything forward and saves you time on exploring the stats. If the owner of the account is smart enough, he can disguise himself in a way that a quick check from players screen will not reveal him. And after Billionaire days, dns hacks and multiple transfer waves it's impossible to say who is legit. I have never deliberately used any exploits back on X360/ X1 but my total cash is billions after some bounties I killed back in 2013-2014.

There are however some stats that may reveal a foul play, but no way you can reach them without diving into social club:

1. Absence of some awards like Pigs can fly or Most wanted should ring a bell, just as Vehicle thief;
  2. Time played cannot be modified and there should be serious discrepancy between rank and time played;
  3. Boat is not a sign anymore, because APC is classified as boat too;

However, half-smart individual can easily play the game on modded account and make it completely legit looking: correct awards, plausible k/d and kill count, but time played remains.

-LN-

Just won against some of the most bogan sounding players in a game of OR.

Started off with "f*ckIN' YEAH NAH YEAH LETS GO BILLY LETS GET THESE DOGS"

Then they got more and more annoyed as the match went on, with strings of expletives in place of actual sentences.

I then got called a "****ing **** **** mongrel dog" for ramming one of them off the platform

I love playing against true blue 'Strayans because it's absolutely hilarious at times.

E: About modded accounts, look at their crew rank from the player list in the pause menu. It's often a dead giveaway.

Aw, I wish you played on PS4! I mostly play with Aussies and even when the game is stale, Aussies know how to have a good time. 🇦🇺 :D Edited by -LN-

Darkshadows

20170722191225_1.jpg

Nice shirt

I approve that shirt

Coleco

I often wish that it was possible to have GTAO dedicated cross-platform lobbies solely for GTAF members with double the player count (60 people in session) and the same names as we do here.

Of course even if such a thing was possible, the reality would be a horrific clusterf*ck of rage and abuse but in my head it's more a mix of top banter and petty revenge all the livelong day

Probably best we don't have things like that tbh :D

hei3enberg

I actually would like to play cross-platform. Abuse is one thing and adult people who want to organize some invite only fun is another. It's better if you can, than otherwise, in short. In terms of competitive gameplay that would suck, of course: PC input is better despite the fact you can use KB and mouse on consoles and framerate will provide systematic advantage especially in races.

Oh and I love the idea behind General chat. I want this topic to be alive!

Edited by hei3enberg

Mach1bud

I actually would like to play cross-platform. Abuse is one thing and adult people who want to organize some invite only fun is another. It's better if you can, than otherwise, in short. In terms of competitive gameplay that would suck, of course: PC input is better despite the fact you can use KB and mouse on consoles and framerate will provide systematic advantage especially in races.

Oh and I love the idea behind General chat. I want this topic to be alive!

Rocket League made it work, they have cross play between XB and 360, and have said they are open to having Ps4 on board as well.

Of course, you are correct, framerate would be a huge impact to gameplay. I do think one day, games like GTA, will be able to cross play between XB and PS. Just gotta wait until they figure out how to make it beneficial for both parties. Probably some kinda subscription service.

SHOKKERZ91

uEVftXb.jpg

Lol, nice. Did they changed the wastelander? When i was standing in the back, i was always falling down.

Mach1bud

I believe if you are holding a minigun you can stand back there, same with many other vehicles.

Prince_Polaris

-image-

Nice shirt

I approve that shirt

Awww thanks <3

Edited by RedDagger
snippy snip