2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mach1bud

[GTAO] The General Chat Topic

Spider-Vice

Posts about YouTubers belong here. Bashing is not allowed and will result in warnings or bans.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Opzeker

Yeah, that experiment lasted less then a day.

Was to be expected in a way. :D

Would've been cool if he had made it for a cool montage of it though.

pie4july

I don't meàn to wishlist, but does anyone else think it'd be cool to have a private session mode where we would be able to control the settings of the going room?

I'm talking like the ability to turn cops on/off, traffic on/off and control weather and time of day. I think this would be a great mode to take photos in!

What I would really want from a mode like this is the ability to spawn in as many of our PVs as we wanted. I'd love to call in a bunch of my PVs and line them up in a parking lot to take photos. Sigh... If only...

I think a true photo mode like this would be a great hit. Who wouldn't wanna line up all their expensive cars and take a selfie? I guess you can do that in your garage, but the lack of scenery sure does take away from the photos.

Harbz

^^Unfortunately this won't happen^^

Cards are wages and rockstar know this the future of gta is $$$$$$$ real money

Quinn_flower

That's the thing. I press buy to refill my supplies and nothing is happening after 10 mins away. Still empty

10 mins of you not doing anything?

That's weird.. then again you're on PC so I'm not the least bit surprised

Yup....only fills up when I do the supply runs. But I'm lazy to do that

They obviously are just trying to force you to buy cash cards.

Ewww no r*

Happy Hunter

I wonder why the anti-air trailer is so strong? Not complaining (it's not hard to take down); just curious.

It will take out an undamaged tank in one hit. So, that makes it around 4 times stronger than the cannon on the tank (which used to be considered the strongest explosive in the game).

Are flak cannons usually much stronger than other explosives? I'm just thinking - I mean, what aircraft right now is actually armoured enough to need that? Nothing armed has enough armour to take even a tank shot - let alone this thing with 4 times the strength.

Maybe it's bugged or something.

SHOKKERZ91

I wonder why the anti-air trailer is so strong? Not complaining (it's not hard to take down); just curious.

It will take out an undamaged tank in one hit. So, that makes it around 4 times stronger than the cannon on the tank (which used to be considered the strongest explosive in the game).

Are flak cannons usually much stronger than other explosives? I'm just thinking - I mean, what aircraft right now is actually armoured enough to need that? Nothing armed has enough armour to take even a tank shot - let alone this thing with 4 times the strength.

Savage armor buff confirmed? A man can dream, a man can dream. ;)

Professional Amateur

Are flak cannons usually much stronger than other explosives?

The Germans put a re-purposed FlaK gun in their Tiger tanks so they must've been fairly potent with the right shell, but that was back in WWII.

Flak guns mostly use shrapnel shells AFAIK, but can also fire high-explosive. Of course, in the case of the 8.8 KwK (thanks badmoon) that the Tiger used, it fired AP, APCR (armour-piercing, composite rigid,) HEAT (HE antitank) and maybe shrapnel shells. High-explosive generally wasn't effective against tanks, but HEAT was.

That's in reference to an 88mm cannon though, aren't those AA trailer cannons 20mm? It takes a lot to penetrate an MBT, but in reality, 20mm cannons would tickle a modern tank, so it's probably just a case of R* logic and severely underpowered vehicles.

Edited by Professional Amateur

PaeganLoveSong

God I love when little Oppressor bxtches try to blow up your sale, cheap trick you 1v1, and STILL fail miserably.

FrostyJ

I like this.

I keep beeping my horn whenever I see a friend forgetting there are mines on my car and blowing myself up.

I just did this yesterday, glad i'm not the only one hahahaha.

badmoon

The Germans put a re-purposed FlaK gun in their Tiger tanks so they must've been fairly potent with the right shell, but that was back in WWII.

Flak guns mostly use shrapnel shells AFAIK, but can also fire high-explosive. Of course, in the case of the 8.8 FlaK that the Tiger used, it fired AP, APCR (armour-piercing, composite rigid,) HEAT (HE antitank) and maybe shrapnel shells. High-explosive generally wasn't effective against tanks, but HEAT was.

That's in reference to an 88mm cannon though, aren't those AA trailer cannons 20mm? It takes a lot to penetrate an MBT, but in reality, 20mm cannons would tickle a modern tank, so it's probably just a case of R* logic and severely underpowered vehicles.

Sorry to nit-pick but the Germans didn't put any kind of anti-aircraft gun into the PzKpfw VI Tiger. It was armed with the 8.8cm KwK 36 gun and not the 8.8cm Flak 36. Two very different guns, although designed in parallel. The KwK 36 was purpose designed as a tank gun for the PzKpfw VI, whilst the Flak 36 was designed as a dual role gun capable of engaging air or ground targets. Both guns, however used similar ammunition, but with different primers.

The inconsistencies of armaments in the game is probably due to R*'s cavalier attitude to game balance..

MCMXCII

They're bad at balancing the game in my opinion lol

Happy Hunter

The inconsistencies of armaments in the game is probably due to R*'s cavalier attitude to game balance..

To me, I wasn't really bringing it up so much to complain about it or say it wasn't balanced (though I guess it isn't, for what it is) - I'm more just curious what exactly they thought needed something that powerful to shoot it down. Like, all of the attack aircraft go down from one tank shot. Do they actually not know that something 4 times weaker will do what this weapon's supposed to do? Just seems strange.

I guess part of me's hoping the aircraft get an armour buff, and then that's why this thing has been made so strong. Wishful thinking, but you do have to wonder why else they made it so strong it can wipe out a tank in one go.

Prince_Polaris

I need help, every single time I get paid for something, I get this error. What the f*ck is going on? I'm just getting securoserv payments and VIP work payments from my friend who I'm helping fill a warehouse????

20170722000930_1.jpg

badmoon

To me, I wasn't really bringing it up so much to complain about it or say it wasn't balanced (though I guess it isn't, for what it is) - I'm more just curious what exactly they thought needed something that powerful to shoot it down. Like, all of the attack aircraft go down from one tank shot. Do they actually not know that something 4 times weaker will do what this weapon's supposed to do? Just seems strange.

I guess part of me's hoping the aircraft get an armour buff, and then that's why this thing has been made so strong. Wishful thinking, but you do have to wonder why else they made it so strong it can wipe out a tank in one go.

In the advert for it on the Warstock website they say "It might be called an Anti-Aircraft Trailer, but don't let that put any limits on your creativity. What you choose to reduce to smoking rubble with this thing is your business and the sky is most definitely not the limit." Could be a big hint that they intended for it to be used against ground targets such as the tank, the APC and all the other various armoured vehicles. Just think if it couldn't take out a tank in one go then it would be a sitting duck for the tanks counter attack!

Having said that it would be nice to think that maybe they introduced it as a counter to a future armour buff for the Savage or even an as yet unreleased attack helicopter....

Professional Amateur

Sorry to nit-pick but the Germans didn't put any kind of anti-aircraft gun into the PzKpfw VI Tiger. It was armed with the 8.8cm KwK 36 gun and not the 8.8cm Flak 36. Two very different guns, although designed in parallel. The KwK 36 was purpose designed as a tank gun for the PzKpfw VI, whilst the Flak 36 was designed as a dual role gun capable of engaging air or ground targets. Both guns, however used similar ammunition, but with different primers.

The Germans still used the FlaK 36 to combat the KV tanks and T-34, until the Pz. Kpfw. V Panther showed up with its 75mm gun and the fancy new sloped armour.

They realised its potential as a heavy tank's armament and then started developing the KwK 36, so they weren't really developed in parallel. Hence why I said it was pretty much a re-purposed flak gun. Not the same ammunition obviously, but it was developed from the same weapon, but more focused on an anti-tank role.

To get this back on topic with GTAO though, there's no real need for a 20mm cannon to blow a 120mm cannon out of the water in terms of firepower. It's just typical R* logic.

E: I'm not an expert in armoured warfare, so my mistake for wording it like that in my previous post.

Edited by Professional Amateur

Prince_Polaris

Ey my friend is gonna get the ballistic armor and I'm gonna get the wastelander for some nice murder sprees, you can stand in the back of the wastelander right?

Machine_Elves

You can stand in the back of the wastelander with the ballistic armor on from what I've read.

Maxxi

You can stand in the back of the wastelander with the ballistic armor on from what I've read.

Which is cool and all, but the suspension physics on the Wastelander are so bad you'll have better luck standing on a Mule, or in the bed of a Duneloader.

SHOKKERZ91

Ey my friend is gonna get the ballistic armor and I'm gonna get the wastelander for some nice murder sprees, you can stand in the back of the wastelander right?

Nope, get a guardian instead.

Prince_Polaris

Nope, get a guardian instead.

Well f*ck.... good thing I have a guardian lmao

Rafae

Anyone else hate this location when running Headhunter? :/

NkRrqpy.jpg

The homing missiles never lock onto the f*cking target no matter how much I try so I usually have to use the non homing ones after hovering near the lower right of this garden or w/e the fk it is

Natsuki

The homing missiles never lock onto the f*cking target no matter how much I try so I usually have to use the non homing ones after hovering near the lower right of this garden or w/e the fk it is

You hover to the left side of the building and he's in a corner on the right side of the garden, in between all the palm trees. I never found this that difficult.

The only one I hate is the one in Mirror Park where he's hiding in the red building.

Happy Hunter

-snip-

Oh yeah I'm not a fan of that one either lol. Those stupid trees get in the way. Even when it manages to lock on, often the missile just hits one of the trees (and the target miraculously survives).

If I'm in a Savage I'll usually just use the cannon on that one. Even then, that means taken some damage thanks to its tiny range.

Edited by Happy Hunter

Rafae

You hover to the left side of the building and he's in a corner on the right side of the garden, in between all the palm trees. I never found this that difficult.

The only one I hate is the one in Mirror Park where he's hiding in the red building.

Oh yeah I know where he is I just want my missiles to actually lock onto him instead of his bodyguards

But I guess by hovering to the left side it'd lock onto him easier, will try that next time I run it, thanks. Not difficult by any stretch of the word per say, just annoying lol

And that one in Mirror Park just hover from a distance facing him directly from the east and fire. Voila, he's gone.

WildBrick142

NkRrqpy.jpg

I just toss a grenade over the wall and drive to the next one. Target dead, Guards avoided, no health lost.

The one location I dislike is at the swimming pool near the golf course. The target is hiding out in a corner and Grenades don't seem to reach him, forcing me to drive through the door and kill all guards.

And, yes, I do headhunter in a car. I find it much easier and far more reliable than helicopters. Takes a bit of time, though.

Black-Dragon96

NkRrqpy.jpg

You see the building in the right bottom corner? Hover directly over it gain some altitude until you are able to see the full body of the target (he should be in the opening between the tree and the building), tilt the heli forward a bit (nose pointing down a little) and you got a clean lock on shot. Edited by Black-Dragon96

Pedinhuh

The MOC trailer can survive about 28 RPGs, so this could be a counter to it.

OCDee

Really wish we could enable/disable suppressors on our weapons in the interaction menu. Add a tiny animation and a little bit of time between each time so it's not entirely instant. Would be practical.

Rafae

Really wish we could enable/disable suppressors on our weapons in the interaction menu. Add a tiny animation and a little bit of time between each time so it's not entirely instant. Would be practical.

I'd like this too. I hate a suppressor automatically being added to my special carbine when I'm doing missions or Heists and then I have to manually remove it from Ammu-Nation when I'm back in freeroam.

MCMXCII

I can't remember what game that I played where all we had to do was press one of the d-pad buttons to remove, or reattach, the suppressor on our gun. I really liked that little feature and I wish it was in GTAV.