2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mach1bud

[GTAO] The General Chat Topic

Spider-Vice

Posts about YouTubers belong here. Bashing is not allowed and will result in warnings or bans.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Pedinhuh
39 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

So car parks don't protect you from the OC, it seems.

GG, Cockstar.

That's odd because it has been reported that an auto targeted OC shot won't follow target under buildings, bridges and all that....Unless that was a manual shot.

But yeah the OC shot has enough splash damage to kill you anywhere on that parking lot THAT IS NOT the ground level, remember that next time you want to avoid them

hei3enberg

Some time ago, when the wave bans wiped a lot of PC players, I was surprisingly safe, but worried. Recently I've heard that two of my mates with clean accounts were banned and felt absolutely nothing when imagined that happening to me. If I will get banned or reset, I'll just leave Online for good and possibly play some FiveM or even stay with SP redux. At this point, I don't really care.

kcole4001
52 minutes ago, hei3enberg said:

Some time ago, when the wave bans wiped a lot of PC players, I was surprisingly safe, but worried. Recently I've heard that two of my mates with clean accounts were banned and felt absolutely nothing when imagined that happening to me. If I will get banned or reset, I'll just leave Online for good and possibly play some FiveM or even stay with SP redux. At this point, I don't really care.

5M looks pretty cool, all sorts of different servers to suit whatever your preference and racing without adv. handling flags.

The racing alone is very tempting, a lot of the tracks are really well done judging from Broughy's vids.

Sanches

I can't belive this. We actually got confroted by a jet! What are the odds of a 300 lvl guy to match us with a jet and make a proper (GTA sort of proper) dogfight?

7VGukzF.jpg

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

That's odd because it has been reported that an auto targeted OC shot won't follow target under buildings, bridges and all that....Unless that was a manual shot.

But yeah the OC shot has enough splash damage to kill you anywhere on that parking lot THAT IS NOT the ground level, remember that next time you want to avoid them

The multiple floors should have protected me. Such a stupid feature. You kill one dude, and he gets so upset over that one death that he feels the need to go to his facility to pay 750k for an insta kill with one button.

Edited by Arrows to Athens

hei3enberg
1 hour ago, Arrows to Athens said:

The multiple floors should have protected me. Such a stupid feature. You kill one dude, and he gets so upset over that one death that he feels the need to go to his facility to pay 750k for an insta kill with one button.

As far as I can remember from GM videos, only the lowest floor helps. However, any other roof was good enough. But who knows, could have changed that. 

Pedinhuh
8 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

If I had a good gaming PC and this game, I wouldn't touch Online at all and stick to FiveM only

hei3enberg
2 minutes ago, Pedinhuh said:

If I had a good gaming PC and this game, I wouldn't touch Online at all and stick to FiveM only

Then I'm probably just stupid, thought about it. Good news is that the online spell is broken finally and I'm playing other games. Got Mafia 3 Deluxe edition, costs only 40 use at GOG, it's drm free and finally it runs decent enough on my machine. Thanks to @Commander S for mentioning the game recently. With Horizon 4 I'm packed and have more games than time. 

Talisman_83
21 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

So car parks don't protect you from the OC, it seems.

GG, Cockstar.

Yep, stick to ground floor. That name's familiar too, pretty sure I fought that Salvador guy at one point.

Arrows to Athens

Is there some sort of "Never Lose Wanted Level" glitch going on with the Repo missions? Earlier today, during the mission "Under the Hammer", I was unable to lose cops at all. I couldn't even get out of sight, even though the cops didn't know where I was. I had to fail the mission,

ten-a-penny
2 minutes ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Is there some sort of "Never Lose Wanted Level" glitch going on with the Repo missions? Earlier today, during the mission "Under the Hammer", I was unable to lose cops at all. I couldn't even get out of sight, even though the cops didn't know where I was. I had to fail the mission,

Wait. I though it was supposed to function like that. Had to call for Lester in order to lose the f*ckers.

I think a similar thing happens in Sasquashed. You can't lose your wanted level once you steal the thing and destroy the first batch of targets (that's when you can start losing your wanted level), and once you start destroying the other batch you can't lose the f*ckers until everything is destroyed.

Arrows to Athens
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

Wait. I though it was supposed to function like that. Had to call for Lester in order to lose the f*ckers.

I think a similar thing happens in Sasquashed. You can't lose your wanted level once you steal the thing and destroy the first batch of targets (that's when you can start losing your wanted level), and once you start destroying the other batch you can't lose the f*ckers until everything is destroyed.

It's never happened to me before until today. I'd drive under the railway tunnels, and I'd lose the cops within a minute at least. Getting out of sight was pretty easy, too, but the choppers would get in the way sometimes. Today, though, I couldn't even get out of sight. This was in the missions Under the Hammer. 

Edited by Arrows to Athens

ten-a-penny

Weird, Under The Hammer was always like that for me. One of the reasons why I hate it and only played it like twice. To Hell with infinite cops.

Voodoo-Hendrix
23 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

The splash damage from explosives being able to clip through buildings is such a stupid mechanic in the first place.

That's why taking cover is so useless in this game.

ilovefreebird

Ran around doing random stuff today. Took note of the numbers from all my businesses (I have every MC business but don't do them) out of curiosity: 

I/E: 522 sales @ $49 million = $93,908 per sale

Crates: 47 sales @ $12 million = $265,061 per sale

Bunker: 34 sales @ $7.6 million = $226,323 per sale

Nightclub: 120 sales @ $55 million = $461,666 per sale

Thank you, After Hours!

hei3enberg
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Voodoo-Hendrix said:

The splash damage from explosives being able to clip through buildings is such a stupid mechanic in the first place.

Especially when we can't shoot trough the car metal with our miniguns. I like how it's fixed in V Redux, you can literally decimate people inside the cars with heavy weapons. Makes sense.

58 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

It was possible for me to ditch the cops in Sasquashed, but I used Hunter to destroy targets since I'm too lazy to drive that thing around. However, when driving it back the slightest contact with even your own PV and cops are back again. One of the reasons I'm not playing these missions anymore, it's just stupidity hitting new level in game design.

34 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Now take into account how much time you've spent accumulating all these goods. Good thing you're not required to source anything, but by the numbers of it looks either you're only playing GTA or you're playing Grand Theft AFK like @Hécate-II used to call it or even both. Beware, that's how I've stopped playing.

Edited by hei3enberg

Mach1bud
1 hour ago, ten-a-penny said:

Pretty sure it's by design in that mission, so you get to squash a bunch of police cars too. Idk I thought it was a pretty cool mission because of the cops tbh.

IceDree
41 minutes ago, ilovefreebird said:

Ran around doing random stuff today. Took note of the numbers from all my businesses (I have every MC business but don't do them) out of curiosity: 

I/E: 522 sales @ $49 million = $93,908 per sale

Crates: 47 sales @ $12 million = $265,061 per sale

Bunker: 34 sales @ $7.6 million = $226,323 per sale

Thank you, After Hours!

Solid numbers! 👍

Taterman
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

Pretty sure it's by design in that mission, so you get to squash a bunch of police cars too. Idk I thought it was a pretty cool mission because of the cops tbh.

I've always thought of it that way too.

Edited by Taterman
grammer error

Maddened_Ghost

Not sure if there's some glitch going around or if that guy was just really good, but this guy was able to dodge my homing missiles very easily without flares while being on an oppressor

He then sent me a message telling me "try again loser" and I shot him down right as he sent me that and sent " :) " so I switched to ground while he stayed in his broomstick for the rest of that fight until he left because he couldn't take it anymore.

From "try again loser" to 10-1 😂😂

Man kept coming for more yet when I killed him 10 times he sent me a message " nothing better to do? Sad hahahaha"

Sanches

Rockstar: Have a lucky sell vehicle. It has a wedge and now even buffed HP. What can possibly go wrong?
Me:
0rcGYZT.jpg

4vTViTp.jpg

ten-a-penny
57 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Rockstar: Have a lucky sell vehicle. It has a wedge and now even buffed HP. What can possibly go wrong?
Me:
<le pic>

Oh dear.

The exact same thing happened to me during a delivery to the Docks. Dumbass me drove through the checkpoints at TOP FCKING SPEED and ended up impaling the Wedge (NOT the trailer, THE WEDGE) between the checkpoint bars/barrier things. Damn thing was f*cking solid. Not even the Insurgent in all its mightiness could nudge it. Not even a scratch. Worse is, I totally forgot about the MoC, could've rammed the Trailer a bit farther from the crash location, spawned the MOC, detached the actual MOC and used the Phantom to hook up into the Trailer and finish the delivery. Had to close the game because of my stupidity.

100% gonna get the Atomizer, defo will.

Quinn_flower

So did I scared my ex away or something? Hope he didn't take the break up hard lol

Arrows to Athens

Who else misses the MKII speed glitch?

kcole4001
Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2019 at 7:46 PM, Arrows to Athens said:

It's never happened to me before until today. I'd drive under the railway tunnels, and I'd lose the cops within a minute at least. Getting out of sight was pretty easy, too, but the choppers would get in the way sometimes. Today, though, I couldn't even get out of sight. This was in the missions Under the Hammer. 

You have to get just far enough away from the police station before the cops behave normally.

I usually turn right into the docks area there and duck behind some tanks or whatever, if you try to hide out in the Fridgit factory for example, you'll never lose them.

Sometimes they're really persistent, but this usually works.

Even the broken ground just beyond the gate is often good enough cover to lose them, just sit still and duck.

Maybe they changed the parameters?

Each of the new missions has it's own little quirks that either make or break them depending on how you like to play.

I hate Burn Rate, many people love it. I really enjoyed Blow Up IV, many hated it.

======================================================================

On 5/26/2019 at 8:45 PM, Mach1bud said:

If you just roll the wheels of the 'squatch over the police cars, the cops jump out of the car on fire....great fun!

Edited by kcole4001

BlanketFister

General chat ok. Today me and crew/friends will do some dirty arcade racing. 4 races in a playlist. All starting inside Fort Zancudo with wanted level on (2/4 stars), some lame repo roleplay description (drive to Simeon bla bla bla).

GTA is not NFS but I really love racing against cops and the cops in GTAO shoot first and will do their very best to kill you. This is pretty brutal compared to the cops in NFS. And a big X-factor in racing...

REXX
8 hours ago, Arrows to Athens said:

Who else misses the MKII speed glitch?

It made Sightseer a lot easier. I don't miss it, but it was useful 🤣

kcole4001

I do miss it, t'was great for crate fetching.

REXX
23 hours ago, Maddened_Ghost said:

Not sure if there's some glitch going around or if that guy was just really good, but this guy was able to dodge my homing missiles very easily without flares while being on an oppressor

He then sent me a message telling me "try again loser" and I shot him down right as he sent me that and sent " :) " so I switched to ground while he stayed in his broomstick for the rest of that fight until he left because he couldn't take it anymore.

From "try again loser" to 10-1 😂😂

Man kept coming for more yet when I killed him 10 times he sent me a message " nothing better to do? Sad hahahaha"

Typical twat on GTAO. Glad you got back at them.

Reminds of my Pavilion deathmatch days when I had to play badly just to give people a chance. I don't like to brag, but Pavilion has Rexx written all over it. Literally know all the "grenade bounce' areas. 😛

But I retired from PvP not longer after we got the game changing VIP work :D

Sanches
17 hours ago, ten-a-penny said:

The exact same thing happened to me during a delivery to the Docks. Dumbass me drove through the checkpoints at TOP FCKING SPEED and ended up impaling the Wedge (NOT the trailer, THE WEDGE) between the checkpoint bars/barrier things. Damn thing was f*cking solid. Not even the Insurgent in all its mightiness could nudge it. Not even a scratch. Worse is, I totally forgot about the MoC, could've rammed the Trailer a bit farther from the crash location, spawned the MOC, detached the actual MOC and used the Phantom to hook up into the Trailer and finish the delivery. Had to close the game because of my stupidity.

Yeaaaahh... That was me ramming into things on purpose. I feel like this sale mission was too boring, so i just wanted to test Wedge against someone else's Cerberus.