2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Mach1bud

[GTAO] The General Chat Topic

Spider-Vice

Posts about YouTubers belong here. Bashing is not allowed and will result in warnings or bans.

Message added by Spider-Vice

Maxx1013
3 minutes ago, ten-a-penny said:

You got me interested. What's that?

And do you get to have a free Lazer? Like, own a Lazer for free? Was always thinking about 'getting' a Lazer but having the Hydra made me change my mind.

There is a give cars to friends glitch on 7sins but instead of getting in your friends car just get in a Lazer in the military base. It's the same as buying it except it's free and you can't sell it. You can have as many as you want. I keep requesting it from my MOC and putting it in my hanger and as soon as I exit there is another one in my MOC.

This can also be done for other vehicles. I got the nightclub mission where I have to get records from a boat and I took the Sea Sparrow from there and did the glitch and now I have a free Sea Sparrow.

Edited by Maxx1013

hei3enberg

Witnessed a weird glitch today, a pink interface. Pink stats, pink as accent in the menu, pink globes and player lists. Disconnect solved the problem though.

mgeRkIS.jpg

I've stumbled upon a topic in GTA next and after reading just two pages I've decided that the best gaming experience I could get lies in Dirt Rally 2.0 with a wheel. Or anything with a wheel. From the looks of it, the next GTA game is going to be out in 2024 or so which makes the franchise dead for me. 11 years is the time since Midnight Club LA was released and that thing is long dead. I'll stick around the forums and probably pop up in some sessions, but I'm done with Online. 100M milestone achieved, I've outstayed my welcome long time ago, outliving several crews. Now in the crew I play in I'm seeing more and more new names that don't matter to me. That's a sign.

gtafan26

I didnt want to, I really didnt want to blow up your I/E vehicle you just stole, but you see, you were a coward and gunned me down in my back as I was running away for you , as we both came out of our office at the same time, I was not going to engage you, I was just trying to get to my PV.   I hope next time Mr coward,  you will remember that in deed, pay backs are a bitch .

Edited by gtafan26

CanadianMuscle

Even with how slow-paced and boring most Adversary Modes seem to be, they should push 2x GTA$ on Captures again, for old time's sake, of course.

Back on last-gen, Raid: Claustrophobia was a R* verified Capture I frequently played with both friends and randoms. That sh*t was INTENSE. Better than the majority of Adversary Modes out there nowadays; bit of a shame that job didn't carry over to next-gen.

Kushology
5 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

Witnessed a weird glitch today, a pink interface. Pink stats, pink as accent in the menu, pink globes and player lists. Disconnect solved the problem though.

This has been glitch for a bit, depending on recent mode you've been in, it carries over to freeroam, for whatever reason.

Going to guess, recently did a Stunt Race?

2 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

Even with how slow-paced and boring most Adversary Modes seem to be, they should push 2x GTA$ on Captures again, for old time's sake, of course.

Back on last-gen, Raid: Claustrophobia was a R* verified Capture I frequently played with both friends and randoms. That sh*t was INTENSE. Better than the majority of Adversary Modes out there nowadays; bit of a shame that job didn't carry over to next-gen.

It didn't carry over because the creator didn't transfer to CG. Least how I see it, like, I can't find any of my removed job playlists on PC but can on PS3/PS4 filter.

Edited by Kushology

Volganor

Someone resurrected an old topic about the Newswire post giving out the first details about the "Finance and Felony" and "Cunning Stunts" updates, with @Rafae S commenting "the glory days of GTAO".

Now, instead of posting in a topic bound to get locked, I figured I'd mention here about how much I agree with that statement and how I long for those simpler days. That post was made a few months before I started reading these forums but, even back then, my hype was off the charts as it was the end to both my first season of drought while playing the game (as I signed up just as 2015's Festive Surprise was ending) and one of the worst, if not the worst one we had since the beginning and until now.

I remember how I couldn't sleep at all on the night of the 7th of June, only a few hours before FAFF was released. I made friends during that update to which I still communicate with to this very day.

The year of 2015 could be seen as the dawn of GTAO's Golden Age, with 2016 being the dusk. I still regret to this day not having picked up the game as soon as it came out for PC as I had upgraded just a few months before, so I missed this first half of the epoch. But, I can't deny how glad I am to have played through FAFF, the original Cunning Stunts, Bikers (my dream DLC) and the much beloved I/E.

The drought we're going through is probably even worse than 2016's, and we're not even sure of what lies ahead in the near future. However, with the high chance of less updates on a yearly basis until the game's DLC closure and said updates having a chance of not being as packed as before, I'd say that this one beats that other year's by a great margin.

I remember being ignorant back then to think that 2016 was the Autumn of this game, but I'm not so sure if it would be wrong to say that we are actually living it now, or have even crossed towards its hypothetical Winter.

Only time will tell.

Edited by Volganor

Tomtomsengermany

i have to admit, ive had one of the best free roam experiences ever yesterday in GTAO.

restored a lot of faith in the community.

sold with a low level friend his full filled bunker in a crowded lobby ( his first sale). 3x black Insurgent. as we were only 2 we had to leave one vehicle behind.

a guy named "lone wolf" protected it ( unasked) while we were on our way and gave my friend cover for the third one.

later we sold coke, 4x Motorcycles, some british guy gave my friend his opressor MK2, so he were able to get faster back to pick up the next bike and also gave him cover in a Lazer

after this experience we also helped some low level guy out to get his sale done. after that we joined his mc and helped him to re-supply all of his businesses

Great Night

Taterman
38 minutes ago, Tomtomsengermany said:

i have to admit, ive had one of the best free roam experiences ever yesterday in GTAO.

restored a lot of faith in the community.

sold with a low level friend his full filled bunker in a crowded lobby ( his first sale). 3x black Insurgent. as we were only 2 we had to leave one vehicle behind.

a guy named "lone wolf" protected it ( unasked) while we were on our way and gave my friend cover for the third one.

later we sold coke, 4x Motorcycles, some british guy gave my friend his opressor MK2, so he were able to get faster back to pick up the next bike and also gave him cover in a Lazer

after this experience we also helped some low level guy out to get his sale done. after that we joined his mc and helped him to re-supply all of his businesses

Great Night

Stories like this restore my faith in humanity.

Tomtomsengermany
6 hours ago, CanadianMuscle said:

job's there. played it a lot in the past months.

take a look under "verified jobs/capture" ( or something close to it) you should find it there as you wont find it under "captures"

you are welcome

24 minutes ago, Taterman said:

yeah, and all that after ive explained him for 20 minutes how to switch sessions when we get attacked :P

whywontyoulisten

I keep seeing ghosts, or at least invisible entities that arent on the player list in lobbies. Yesterday there was an unoccupied parachute circling down towards me mid-business battle, and in another lobby missiles were appearing out of thin air and hitting the Titan/Buzzards in a hangar cargo mission. All players were accounted for on the map, and I don't think the current invisible/invulnerable/off the radar glitch takes you off the player list; from what I can remember it doesn't let you fire weapons either.

Kushology
2 hours ago, Taterman said:

I'll restore it some more, met a guy yesterday trying to do work, he invited me and I joined his CEO(I was bored anyway)

We ran quite a few crates and caught the attention of a broomstick warrior. Mind you, this lobby was peaceful, this dude joined and b-lined it to us.

Next you know, guy in another CEO flying Akula penetrates this guy with rocket spam, kills him and goes stealth. We collect crates, guy gets on MKII; instantly dead by Akula pilot. MKII depender left, then the Akula pilot left after. No one said anything to each other.

Plot twist, dude in Akula had your typical "tryhard" name, I's and lowercase L's, the other guy, did not. He didn't bother us or anyone at all, just came to defend us.

I think the Akula pilot was bored and just "watching" people do sh*t around map, didn't want to start anything with anyone, until someone tried to. I'd like to pretend he followed the guy to the next session and killed him more.

Edited by Kushology

Pedinhuh

Turned on the game today...But I turned it off soon after.

Lately, if my friends aren't online my routine in this game usually is:

-Load the game up;

-Step out of the safehouse;

-Check my Nightclub and then my Bunker;

-Do a premium race(except not if the Premium race is garbage, like the premium race of this week);

-Stick around for like 5 minutes then I get off.

I finished off all Lamar missions because I was stupid enough to restart them by accident instead of calling a mugger and now I had to clean the map of that annoying LD blip...2× was good for getting through those missions faster(more players doing them).

But lately not even the 2× are cutting it anymore since I don't even like to grind too much cash and I can't find myself playing any Adversary Modes at all.

This might be the first game ever that I played for so long with so much content, but that holds little interest to me anymore.

And R* keeping absolute silence and not even giving us a hint of the next DLC surely doesn't help with that either. Or at least doing a QoL patch.

I'm going ditch this game by the end of this year if this continues like this.

Edited by Pedinhuh

ten-a-penny
48 minutes ago, Kushology said:

I'll restore it some more, <awesome story of an Akula pilot saving the day from a Broomstick MK:II diehard

I'll restore it even more. Also, some shameless heroic promotion on my end.

Some days ago (can't remember when), I was fooling about in FreeMode. There was a couple players here & there. Someone had a Bounty, but I ignored him. Someone else started doing Vehicle Cargo missions. Bounty Pal started to harass Cargo Guy. Saw him flying after the Special Vehicle. Quickly called for my Kuruma and blew the Bounty Pal, essentially saving Cargo Guy from him.

Sadly, everything went haywire when a wannabe-Rambo started attacking me instead. Not-so-humanity-restoring, definitely.

ilovefreebird

I went off radar and stole someone's I/E car last night.

Correction; I did it two times to two different players. I was bored. I'm so ashamed. But thank you for the $160k.

Edited by ilovefreebird

kcole4001
1 hour ago, ilovefreebird said:

I went off radar and stole someone's I/E car last night.

Correction; I did it two times to two different players. I was bored. I'm so ashamed. But thank you for the $160k.

Stealing is one thing, it is supposed to be a crime simulator after all, and being clever about it also requires skill and patience, where just blowing sh*t up is another thing altogether. Any dummy can do that.

Edited by kcole4001

RyuNova
9 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Stealing is one thing, it is supposed to be a crime simulator after all, and being clever about it also requires skill and patience, where just blowing sh*t up is another thing altogether. Any dummy can do that.

A million percent agreed.

If we could steal Cargo that people are transporting and deliver it to our own places etc then it would be fine. I would even give the player who it was stolen from a fifteen minute long window where they can launch an assault on the building of the player who stole it and steal their Cargo back. If the player who originally stole the Cargo leaves then the window is still open so you cant just steal Cargo and then session hop.

Sanches

The only way i help doing I/E

Nr2I1p8.jpg

ilovefreebird
55 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Thanks for making me feel better about it. They were lower levels and I don't need the money, so I felt like a jerk. Just wanted to try something I hadn't done before, I guess!

RyuNova

The Deluxo, Opressor MkII, Unholy Hellbringer, Windowmaker and UpnAtomiser all use salvaged and/or reverse engineered Alien technology.

Just a thought.

Edited by RyuNova

hei3enberg

When I've played on Xbox and IE was hot, some lads got my cars from me using pretty clever approaches. I wasn't even mad at them and laughed about it.

Urban Legends

Some things are better left unsaid. And as always, actions speak louder than words. Especially in Los Santos. I meet some groovy people who never hit the sprint button and stop at red lights... And then you see Harry Potter flying around completely wasting your time and energy and trashing you very existance. 

Just want to say thank you to all you folks who chill and take it easy. Throw away your mark 2. Start the movement back to GTA..  You cant even steal that f*ckin thing? Lol jk

As someone who started 4 months ago.. Im so torn with the experience so far.. I miss old GTA Online and I never even played the sh*t

kcole4001
2 hours ago, hei3enberg said:

When I've played on Xbox and IE was hot, some lads got my cars from me using pretty clever approaches. I wasn't even mad at them and laughed about it.

Yeah, I believe it was Mach1 who posted that someone once waited for him near his vehicle warehouse, picked him out of the car with a near impossible pistol shot, and zipped off with the car.

It took a lot of imagination, planning, and skill to accomplish, you just gotta appreciate that.

Like watching someone's live stream where he parachutes to the boats in an MC sale mission and lands perfectly right in the boat.

It's a beautiful thing!   🙂

Edited by kcole4001

Mach1bud
13 minutes ago, kcole4001 said:

Yeah, I believe it was Mach1 who posted that someone once waited for him near his vehicle warehouse, picked him out of the car with a near impossible pistol shot, and zipped off with the car.

It took a lot of imagination, planning, and skill to accomplish, you just gotta appreciate that.

Like watching someone's live stream where he parachutes to the boats in an MC sale mission and lands perfectly right in the boat.

It's a beautiful thing!   🙂

I still think about how amazingly he stole that car from me. It was incredible. I welcome anyone to challenge my freeroam jobs with old school GTA type of gameplay. I love a good car chase.

Happy Hunter

giphy.gif

Probably the closest "dodge" (sort of) I've had against the orbital cannon. I'd only been in that one for a minute as well, just had a look at the map, had a bad feeling about it.

jargonaut
16 hours ago, Pedinhuh said:

-Stick around for like 5 minutes then I get off.

Just for the record, "get off" in the classic or the urban sense?

I'll get me coat...

Urban Legends

Anyone know the range of the railgun you pick up for the bunker? 

Tomtomsengermany
35 minutes ago, Urban Legends said:

Anyone know the range of the railgun you pick up for the bunker? 

Seems to be unlimited. Or better said as long as you can see him with your naked eyes, you can kill him.

ten-a-penny

4 hours ago, Urban Legends said:

And then you see Harry Potter flying around completely wasting your time and energy and trashing you very existance.

This part had me in stitches :lol:

MARINA
6 hours ago, Mach1bud said:

I still think about how amazingly he stole that car from me. It was incredible. I welcome anyone to challenge my freeroam jobs with old school GTA type of gameplay. I love a good car chase.

I wanna see this, what's the link?

RyuNova

@Fun 2

Is there anything good coming soon? Just blink once for yes and twice for no.

By soon I mean the next few weeks.

Edited by RyuNova