2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mach1bud

[GTAO] The General Chat Topic

Spider-Vice

Posts about YouTubers belong here. Bashing is not allowed and will result in warnings or bans.

Message added by Spider-Vice

IceDree

Yesterday I saw two Barracks spawn (different occasions, different locations), in a parking lot. Not just found them, but actually saw them appear like a heli sometimes does when you walk towards a helipad at an airport. Is this new? Or did I just never realize? Seems like a weird update, but I also have no idea why it would happen in the first place.

Ps, One was was in the western Grand Senora Desert, maybe Harmony at a store or gas station parking lot, but you never see military that far out. The other I didnt think to note at the time

They have been like this for a long time. The Barracks have spawn locations in Terminal, Grapeseed, Harmony, Paleto Bay & of course inside Fort Zancudo ... There might be more locations, but those are the ones I remember at the moment.

The one you came across in Harmony is in a parking lot east of the Lost camp (Slab City).

NT2YIELD

Thanks IceDree, I just never noticed then. Maybe I havent appreciated the north enough.

Only seemed odd because they look a bit out of place and I didnt think anyone would want them, so I didnt get why R would bother. More hopefully, I wondered if any other military vehicles spawned in those spots, but I suppose not

Maxx1013

When inviting all from current session to a heist why does it say blocked for everyone?

No guarantees but I think that means they're already engaged in another activity, like a sell or VIP work.

Actually, now that I read your post again, were you in a session with a lot of people? (Upwards of five individuals, maybe). I never got an entire session read as "Blocked" but only a couple of people.

The session was quite full

jDN3ELL.jpg

SideStunt

I had a "shower thought" whilst delivering business supplies via a police bike; what if R* won't add personal police cars/bikes (excluding the RCV) because they essentialy would work like the crystal skull from Indiana Jones? :lol:

Imagine helping a friend whos exporting a car, speeding down the road in a police Dominator with the sirens on whilst the friend drives behind you, easily avoiding all the scripted-to-crash-into-you NPC's.

NT2YIELD

^ Yeah, that would be great. Even the ability to drive around myself having cars get out of my way would be great, far fewer highway accidents.

Side note, can anyone confirm any way to make money in a non-general lobby? Even in a crew lobby? MC sale/resupply griefers are killing me

KWF1981

Just curious guys, is there a car paints guide around here anywhere?

Just wanted to have a tinker with some cool colours, but it's very easy to blast loads of cash as I've not got the best eyes and the differences between in customs, garages, day, and night can be a chore, lol.

I see pictures of many colours, but no clues how to make some, lol. I tend to stick to metallics or the odd matte paint, but looking to modernise some toys.

Appreciate any pointers or tips really, I live my cars, but my colour tastes can be a bit 10yr old, lol. Or plain simple. Something like the blue of Red Bull F1 cars, really nice colour that.

IceDree
Posted (edited)

Just wanted to have a tinker with some cool colours, but it's very easy to blast loads of cash as I've not got the best eyes and the differences between in customs, garages, day, and night can be a chore, lol.

I see pictures of many colours, but no clues how to make some, lol. I tend to stick to metallics or the odd matte paint, but looking to modernise some toys.

Appreciate any pointers or tips really, I live my cars, but my colour tastes can be a bit 10yr old, lol. Or plain simple. Something like the blue of Red Bull F1 cars, really nice colour that.

The general idea is that you sample a color in Photoshop or any other app\program that have a color picker & darken it by 10% - 15% using websites like http://www.color-hex.com/ until you get the shade you want.

It's easier said than done for consoles though, a lot of trial & error with the social club.

____

You'll need to have your own crew to do the custom colors you want.

Here's how to apply them:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/782581-kustom-crew-color-requests/page-1

There are alot of cool colors here:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/858245-kustom-crew-color-showroom/page-1

If you want to replicate a real life color, knowing the "official" name of said color makes it a lot easier to find the hex for it here, the guys & gals over at the custom color requests did an excellent work covering a lot of Porsche, Ferrari & Lamborghini colors.

Edited by IceDree

No Use For A Name

Go to the kustom krew color request thread in the vehicles section. Tons of info there. Some tips:

1. Search by in-game car name (Coquette) or real-life car name (Corvette) to find a bunch of examples of real life colors. Also search for real-life brands (Lamborghini, Ford, Mopar, etc).

2. If its not a popular color, you can search for it. Stuff like turquoise, teal, etc). Dont bother searching for common colors like red or green. Search function is limited to the last 200 replies, so you probably wont find what youre looking for or it will take forever

3. If youre looking for a certain color from a certain car/year, find out what the manufacturer color name is called and search. They dont always use simple terms like blue and green. Sometimes they go the womens deodorant route and name pink something dumb like autumn fuschia metallic.

4. If youre trying to find a color for a foreign car (especially Italian), search for the foreign word. Giallo for yellow, verde for green, etc.

Ill think of more later

joel15cat
Posted (edited)

Someone changed the name of my yacht. My yacht is called HMY Independence and after a bug on the game now I have two yachts on the lobby (isnt the first time that happened to me) but now the two yachts are called HMY Independenceidor.

But on the Dock Tease web the name is still correct. LOL

BONUS: I joined to my Heist apartment and the apartament had no door and no option to go the garage or outiside, and I could see the entrance and join inside the elevator.

Edited by joel15cat

OCDee

Sometimes I had a small wish that upon character creation we could select between the 3 available special abilities from Single Player.

Only available in Freeroam, but it'd be interesting to liven things up.

Balancing it would be a nightmare though.

Shadowfennekin

Sometimes I had a small wish that upon character creation we could select between the 3 available special abilities from Single Player.

You know everybody would just pick Trevor's..... so that is a good reason it wasn't implanted. Tryhards would be even more of a pain in the ass

KWF1981

@ IceDree...

@ No Use For A Name...

Awesome reading. I'll certainly get stuck in with this. Already plenty to learn there, thanks for the pointers and links too. The searching of IRL colours being in their natural languages too reminds me of GT with its paint chips.

This'll add to my game, much appreciated guys.

Maxx1013

I was just in the worst lobby I have ever been in. 1 guy was using jets and Deluxos abusing passive and going under the map, had another guy using jets, Deluxos and Oppressors abusing passive and teleporting to his apartment everytime he was about to be killed and half a dozen other people just abusing EWO and passive mode. One of the passive abusing pu**ys really didn't want to die he stayed in passive the whole time except when he was getting another Oppressor or was behind me ready to kill me I managed to catch him out of passive so I put a bounty on him, called mercenaries, grabbed my Deluxo and went off the rader and he teleported to his apartment and left seconds later. I really don't understand why people play like that. I got killed a lot today but I probably had more fun than those idiots.

Voodoo-Hendrix

Sent a tryhard a message though the ingame chat:

>caring about K/D on GTA

He muted me inmediately 😂😂😂

Angry Akula

I was just in the worst lobby I have ever been in. 1 guy was using jets and Deluxos abusing passive and going under the map, had another guy using jets, Deluxos and Oppressors abusing passive and teleporting to his apartment everytime he was about to be killed and half a dozen other people just abusing EWO and passive mode. One of the passive abusing pu**ys really didn't want to die he stayed in passive the whole time except when he was getting another Oppressor or was behind me ready to kill me I managed to catch him out of passive so I put a bounty on him, called mercenaries, grabbed my Deluxo and went off the rader and he teleported to his apartment and left seconds later. I really don't understand why people play like that. I got killed a lot today but I probably had more fun than those idiots.

You can stick a bounty on them while they're passive, you know?

joel15cat

Fully Loaded is your solution.

whywontyoulisten

Well there is this tiny, unpopular topic: http://gtaforums.com/topic/782581-kustom-crew-color-requests/

KWF1981

^ Was up til 3am last night just looking in that thread, lol. It's awesome!

EkaSwede
Posted (edited)

You know everybody would just pick Trevor's..... so that is a good reason it wasn't implanted. Tryhards would be even more of a pain in the ass

I wouldn't mind Michael's ability. I think that'd be good for PvE. Trevor's in PvE missions in online would probably just last a nanosecond anyway.

Well, at least make them usable in certain missions?

Edited by EkaSwede

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Who would win. One Bomby Boi vs. One Salty Rifle Boi
3E7zJX4.gif

At least I didn't have to deal with someone with a glitched Homing Launcher that magically gains R2K Tracking this time.

2vVNH0C.gif

IceDree

@ IceDree...

@ No Use For A Name...

Awesome reading. I'll certainly get stuck in with this. Already plenty to learn there, thanks for the pointers and links too. The searching of IRL colours being in their natural languages too reminds me of GT with its paint chips.

This'll add to my game, much appreciated guys.

My pleasure!

To give you a headstart, JR Death covered most of Lamborghini's current colors in this page:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/858245-kustom-crew-color-showroom/page-22

SM Bravo did most of the Issi classic & Dominator GTX colors in their perspective threads.

DoxerWhite have a lot of the Citroën SM original colors, check the Pigalle's thread if you are interested.

As for finding the official names of manufacturers' colors, for current production cars just go to the online configuratior & you'll find them there. Older cars be tricky though. If you are interested in a BMW color, BMW fans got you covered with most the colors, but I don't remember the website... Sorry. Ferrari's older colors are kinda easy to trace as the value of some Ferraris increase with certain colors lol.

Sanches

Trevor's in PvE missions in online would probably just last a nanosecond anyway.

BST?

StreetKing748

Well I finally got my Bonus cash yesterday so I am ready for the Dinka Jester Classic

Pedinhuh

Well I finally got my Bonus cash yesterday so I am ready for the Dinka Jester Classic

Be ready to be disappointed.

StreetKing748

Be ready to be disappointed.

What do you mean?

OCDee

I wonder why they haven't made any bikes with a side cart yet.

Considering how they love adding guns to things, this seems like a natural option to add.

SuperJude™

Sometimes when a person or people are yelling at some player without a mic I'll turn on my mic and pretend to be that player.

Passive Trolling!

Maxx1013

You can stick a bounty on them while they're passive, you know?

I actually didn't know that. Thanks.

Fully Loaded is your solution.

Just looked up that and it looks really good. Time to buy a Ruiner 2000.

Sanches

I wonder why they haven't made any bikes with a side cart yet.

Same goes to me.