4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Advanced Track Player

Light Syde Riandy

Ah, something that I wanted from a long time ago. Is this finished? I wanted to add "v rock" from vc and "head radio" from lcs for instance.

• Like 2

f*ckin A! Now we no longer have to deal with the crashy default custom radio :D

Edit: It doesn't accept MP3 shortcuts? :( And music still keeps playing when you alt tab lol (until the song ends)

Edited by B Dawg

Edit: It doesn't accept MP3 shortcuts? :( And music still keeps playing when you alt tab lol (until the song ends)

What about implementing WAV support?

Might as well do aac instead of mp3 then ;)

I just simply took advantage of CLEO's audio engine, which unfortunately also borrow its downsides, including alt-tab problem and mp3-only support.

I'm thinking of requesting more audio format support to cleo thread.

Bugs & Issues updated in main post.

edit: you can slap me for that one

Edited by MKKJ

@MKKJ , for the Alt-Tab bug you can make a work-around for it by putting the script in a loop that stops the script from working ( stop music ) when the player press ALT+TAB ..... and when he switches back to the game he press "P" for example to get out of the loop and continue working (playing music).

@MKKJ , for the Alt-Tab bug you can make a work-around for it by putting the script in a loop that stops the script from working ( stop music ) when the player press ALT+TAB ..... and when he switches back to the game he press "P" for example to get out of the loop and continue working (playing music).

That won't work well. There are various ways to shift window focus from SA besides Alt+Tab including interruption.

Besides, somehow Cleo can't detect Alt key being pressed, and the script won't respond quick enough to detect any press before window focus got shifted.

That won't work well. There are various ways to shift window focus from SA besides Alt+Tab including interruption.

Besides, somehow Cleo can't detect Alt key being pressed, and the script won't respond quick enough to detect any press before window focus got shifted.

oh okay , never knew that Alt key can't be detected..... i guess we will have to wait for Deji to fix it then :)

MP3 only is a drawback, could've at least hooked into San Andreas native support for OGG and LPCM.

Edit: And using TXDWorkshop to show off how to do textures, ugh, why do people insist on using outdated tools?

Edited by Ash_735

I never tried hooking before, could've need tutorial and reference for that. Where can i find one?

TXDWorkshop

Because everyone and their grandma at least know TXDWorkshop.

Because everyone and their grandma at least know TXDWorkshop.

So that means it should still be pushed even though there's better tools that DON'T break the game? :p

Well, it's their choice. I put TXDWorkshop in reference just because it doesn't look out-of place.

Edited by MKKJ

I'm curious if you've tried OGG VORBIS format though, as long as the plug-in/mod knows to include .ogg, then the game should automatically play it as the game loads the OGG codec (since that's what the game uses for it's STREAMS).

I'm curious if you've tried OGG VORBIS format though, as long as the plug-in/mod knows to include .ogg, then the game should automatically play it as the game loads the OGG codec (since that's what the game uses for it's STREAMS).

You're right, really my bad on that part.

.ogg and .aac format works well, ATP currently only looks for mp3 because i haven't tried other formats yet.

I'll update it after trying other formats.

Nice script, but I can't download it, only the source. When I try to download the actual file, it says "permission denied", because of copyrighted music. When you make a newer version of this script, can you please put in blank MP3 files next time? Maybe you should consider adding support for station ID's, if there isn't one already.

Update

v0.9.2
- ATP now supports OGG, WAV, AAC, M4A, WMA, and M4R format
- Default Radio now correctly disabled and no longer disruptable
- Radio Auto-Tune option now affects any vehicle that player isn't owned (Car Radio mode)
- Now player performs radio tuning animation when changing channel (Car Radio mode)

ATP now supports many common audio formats. Audio's file format can be seen in Debug as well. Still no shortcuts, though.
Also replaced sample songs with blank mp3, sample Advertisement track reduced to 5 and in ogg format.

Maybe you should consider adding support for station ID's, if there isn't one already.

What do you mean by this? Is it related to 'current radio station' check?

Edited by MKKJ

Update

v0.9.2

- ATP now supports OGG, WAV, AAC, M4A, WMA, and M4R format

- Default Radio now correctly disabled and no longer disruptable

- Radio Auto-Tune option now affects any vehicle that player isn't owned (Car Radio mode)

- Now player performs radio tuning animation when changing channel (Car Radio mode)

ATP now supports many common audio formats. Audio's file format can be seen in Debug as well. Still no shortcuts, though.

Also replaced sample songs with blank mp3, sample Advertisement track reduced to 5 and in ogg format.

Maybe you should consider adding support for station ID's, if there isn't one already.

What do you mean by this? Is it related to 'current radio station' check?

No, I meant idents that would play in between songs or commercials, like on other radio stations, something like "None of that rap crap" ident that plays on K-DST, you know?

No, I meant idents that would play in between songs or commercials, like on other radio stations, something like "None of that rap crap" ident that plays on K-DST, you know?

Oh, you mean stingers and commentaries?

I do plan to categorize track files for IDs, Main tracks (song/talkshow) and Non-main tracks (commentaries).

But for now you could just put IDs and DJ commentary tracks between song tracks and play them in order similiar to older GTAs

Edit:

By the way, what does the rule says about sharing extracted Radio files (except songs)?

I'm thinking of uploading advert tracks, IDs, and commentaries from SA.

Edited by MKKJ
  • Like 1