Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,853 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

cristeo

Are you hoping for a Gta IV remaster?

CoolBean

Over to you GTAIV remaster. :whistle:

So IF this is coming late April we should get word of it sometime this month?

Devdevi45

Over to you GTAIV remaster. :whistle:

So IF this is coming late April we should get word of it sometime this month?

Yep I kept telling people we should get a announcement this month if happening

InfiniteTias

Let's pray it will happen

StormerBoy

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but previous 10th anniversary gtas haven't been released on their anniversary month?

Algonquin Assassin

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but previous 10th anniversary gtas haven't been released on their anniversary month?

The HD remaster of San Andreas was. Not sure about the others though.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Helegad

Well, here's something: I was looking on Google weeks ago for anything about a IV PS4 release. I came across this Rockstar support topic about a remaster that was answered with "We don't have any info to share about this right now." or something.

I went looking for it today and the topic was deleted.

Google result for it:

Capture.png

Cached answer:

Capture.png

Edited by Helegad

WarZoneTheDriver

Unfortunately I think that's one of R*s automated replies. But I still have hope for a PS4 release.

The dream would be to connect Liberty City with GTAO, and your character keeps his clothes, cash and stats but your LS cars stay in LS as with your guns. With brand new car websites that don't sell weaponized vehicles (straight away at least) they can save LC from being an unbalanced nightmare are if done correctly.

Edited by WarZoneTheDriver

Arrows to Athens

Unfortunately I think that's one of R*s automated replies. But I still have hope for a PS4 release.

The dream would be to connect Liberty City with GTAO, and your character keeps his clothes, cash and stats but your LS cars stay in LS as with your guns. With brand new car websites that don't sell weaponized vehicles (straight away at least) they can save LC from being an unbalanced nightmare are if done correctly.

God no. Just leave IV as it is. No need to merge it with the sh*t storm that is the memified GTA V.

Boozey St James

would a remaster be possible, considering the lawsuit with Michael Hollack?

If the game were to be re-released, would he be entitled to royalties since it is now for a "new" console?

(Repost)

D9fred95

If the game were to be re-released, would he be entitled to royalties since it is now for a "new" console?

(Repost)

I doubt it. I'm presuming R* has a clause somewhere that allows them to use whatever recorded material from VA's they have obtained through development. Heavy emphasis on presuming, I don't know much law.

TheFranchise

I could see a summer or winter DLC scenario where Rockstar releases a GTA IV remaster and introduces Liberty City to GTA:O simultaneously.

ainsz

I'd go for a remaster for a resurrection of the online multi-player if nothing else. Most game modes are completely dead on PS3 and if you're lucky, you can get a few hours in free mode before a modder shows up.

But I'm fine with today's Rockstar not touching any of their classics. GTA is my childhood's 'Star Wars'. GTA V is The Phantom Menace.

MostWantedMVP

If Rockstar do release a remaster, I think the cutscenes/models of Johnny and Luis should be replaced with the ones from EFLC as they should be.

z33zus

I'm hoping for a remaster or a refresh. It'd be great to have it remastered for the XB1X or PS4 Pro, but I wish they'd have more shops, cars, properties, etc to buy. The ability to buy houses all over the map and stash nice ass vehicles in GTASA added a lot to its replay value for me. GTA IV was by far my favorite story, but once the story was over, it kinda sucked to have all that money but nothing to spend it on. Also, if GTA IV does end up getting re-released, the swing glitch MUST be included!

Zello

(Repost)

Michael Hollick never filed a lawsuit. He just made some comments about not getting paid enough that were blown out of proportion. He doesn't own the character R* does.

Ray Liotta also complained about money but Vice city has been rereleased multiple times so...

Edited by Zello

Efreet

Technology wise, Grand Theft Auto IV was the first game that ran on RAGE and it now feels a bit backward in that sense, and also control wise, compared to the large improvements seen in Redemption and V. Redemption might be a better contender for a remaster since it'd fuel up the hype toward the release of the successor, but it's now only available on X1 through Backward Compatibility and on PS4 through PS Now. Mafia 2 and IV are now available through BC, and Max Payne 3 may follow. If it wasn't for the unique Switch version, L.A.Noire might not have seen an enhanced re-release.

Edited by Efreet

The Rockstar Gamer 108

Yes, obviously. I own both PS4 and Xb1. So it shouldn't be a problem. But the game should not degraded be like the LCS and SA remasters.

Edited by The American Army 1775

Derrick_Keno

The remastered version of GTA IV needs to be filled with hidden beta content.

Holland_Hicks

I so badly want a remaster, but is there really a need or want to by Rockstar? Also, certain aspects of that game don't hold up particularly well, like the controls.

MostWantedMVP

Not sure if it's true but I seen an apparent "Premium version" of 5 on amazon. Hope to god it's clickbait. That would be some major bullsh*t if Rockstar release that overplayed crap and not a IV remaster.

Boozey St James

(Repost)

Michael Hollick never filed a lawsuit. He just made some comments about not getting paid enough that were blown out of proportion. He doesn't own the character R* does.

Ray Liotta also complained about money but Vice city has been rereleased multiple times so...

Thank you for clearing that up!

Arrows to Athens

If they were to release a remaster this year, especially in April (since that's when the game was released), you'd think Rockstar would have said something about it now.

Devdevi45

If they were to release a remaster this year, especially in April (since that's when the game was released), you'd think Rockstar would have said something about it now.

I mean its only March 5th so we still have time.

Arrows to Athens

I mean its only March 5th so we still have time.

True. I mean, Rockstar has numerous subsidiaries and different teams. Surely one of the teams could work on a remaster while the other team milk V online.

Rahmana4978

Do you think R* will remaster this game for mobile devices or consoles?

Mastah

This.

LA Noire remasters were announced on September 7th and released 68 days after, on November 14th. April 28th is 52 days from today.

Also, friendly reminder:

This is how they celebrated San Andreas 10th anniversary:

-10 player made jobs in GTA Online

-San Andreas merchandise give away

-4 t-shirts for GTA Online and few discounts

-sale on mobile version

They didn't even at all acknowledge new version (port from mobile) for X360, released EXACTLY 10 years after original game. Don't expect anything more than that for GTA IV in 2 months.