Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,730 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

cristeo

Are you hoping for a Gta IV remaster?

KGBeast

I don't want a full on remaster. Using higher res versions of the existing textures and upping the resolution possibly to 4K would be about it. Too much fussing and you'd lose what made IV look so great in the first place.

What really needs to be done is normalize the experience between the three stories. The stuff from the episodes needs to be available in IV. Use the final models for Johnny, Jim, Luis, Tony, Bulgarin, etc. when they appear. Let Niko have all the weapons, vehicles, and features introduced in the episodes. Plus combine all the radio stations. If you have IV plus the digital versions of the two episodes they're all put together, but you can't have the three exclusive stations from EFLC that way. That's all I've ever really wanted.

Dmitriy

If judge by comments under new

, there're masses of fans who like GTA IV too and beg Rockstar for its port / remaster :beerhat: Edited by Dmitriy

Gravarty

I'm still thinking about on how R* is even capable to port GTA IV to PS4/XONE. They theoretically have to completely recompile the game again and adjust it a lot, since the console version is really stripped down. R* can do it, no question, but as we all know T2 doesn't give a f*ck about what people want and only release games that generates a lot of money (cough GTA: Online). They could use the PC version which is x86, but that's also a horrible port. I'm guessing that R* is going to release it on PS Now and that's it.. GTA IV is already playable on XONE just fine with backwards compatibility.

Edited by Gravarty

The Rockstar Gamer 108

As we saw, there are remasters for Assassin's Creed II and GTA SA for console versions. Both the remasters sucked coz they didn't maintain their quality.

I can agree with San Andreas and as speaking as someone who doesn't really care for the game that "remaster" was a joke, but what's wrong with the Assassin's Creed II remaster? I have the Ezio collection on PS4 and seems fine to me.

I have got TEC on Xbox One and both ACII and BH suck coz of their "Over-Remaster" thing.

Let's pardon the AC thing.

See GTA LCS. You will notice remarkable number of differences when you compare it's ports of PS2 and iOS.

Definitely, PS2 Port was better than the new 10th Ann "Remastered" Version del iOS.

R* shall not repeat its mistake for 3rd time.

Edited by The American Army 1775

Jigglyass

I would love for them to not touch anything graphically. However, add anti aliasing and import all assets from the DLCs into one base game. Meaning you can play as Niko and have access to all weapons from TLAD and TBGT. Same for cars, places etc. Same for Jonny, have access to all TBOGT weapons and cars.

One can dream.

Gravarty

..and fix the DLC textures, which are still lowres on PC :D

But other than that, IV still looks modern today and doesn't really need better textures.

Edited by Gravarty

Alex Chilton

I feel that Rockstar hate GTA IV

albanyave

I had a bit of a remaster last month. Purchased a 4K Sony 55 inch television and an HDMI cable. I know I'm a bit late on the cable but I have it and a 4K TV and the game looks absolutely amazing. It's like playing IV for the first time. The sound is incredible also.

I will always love this game and as long as I can have a PS3 I will be happy. I have PS4 now and really don't think IV will come. I'm happy either way.

Becko

A non-technical mess of a version that can hold solid frame rate is good enough for me. I've installed IV on numerous computers through the years and keeping it above 60 has always been a problem.

Ohhh123r

Just don't touch that awesome graphics and add new cars from GTA V & MP 3 like Stanier 2rd gen, Deluxo (as a regular vehicle, not flying/hover mode bulls*it), Premier '91, Dominator and some vehicles, Higher quality Model and Texture, Better optimize for PC and First Person Mode.

In conclusion: I will hoping for GTA IV in PS4, re-release PC and Xbox One on April this year

Edit: Sh*t! 69 replies lol.

Edited by Ohhh123r

*DERGaming

Don't know if we need a remaster the game holds up well even in 2018 in my opinion. A remaster would probably kill the atmosphere of the game as well. But we'll see what happens maybe not.

RetroMystic

Don't know if we need a remaster the game holds up well even in 2018 in my opinion. A remaster would probably kill the atmosphere of the game as well. But we'll see what happens maybe not.

Performance wise the game doesn't hold up. I'm not asking for the graphics to be changed but the game is in desperate need of performance fixes.

*DERGaming

Performance wise the game doesn't hold up. I'm not asking for the graphics to be changed but the game is in desperate need of performance fixes.

That I can agree on, but do they really need to re release the game again just to fix the performance?

Edited by *DERGaming

RetroMystic

That I can agree on, but do they really need to re release the game again just to fix the performance?

Not solely for a few performance fixes. I think just a patch would be enough for a lot of people as a 10 year anniversary gift for fans who've stuck by GTA IV.

However if R* want to make a remaster which includes minor graphical tweaks, large performance fixes and maybe side content they should go right ahead assuming they don't charge upwards of $60 for it.

Son of Zeus

Don't care much about the game but I doubt they'll remaster it. Seeing how bad SA remaster was. If they didn't care about their most popular game, they sure aren't gonna care about IV, a game that is considered the worst.

Tycek

a game that is considered the worst.

Says who exactly?

GTA IV may be not the most appreciated game from the series on the world, but it's still quite far from being the worst. In its time it get 98 on Metacritic, and even if the number means nothing, it was praised amongst the critics at the time of release.

Edited by Tycek

Journey_95

Says who exactly?

GTA IV may be not the most appreciated game from the series on the world, but it's still quite far from being the worst. In its time it get 98 on Metacritic, and even if the number means nothing, it was praised amongst the critics at the time of release.

Its considered the worst among SA fanboys obviously..

The game was a bit divisive for sure but its overall still liked & if anything people are appreciating it more these days (after GTA V).

Edited by Journey_95

Algonquin Assassin

Whether you like GTA IV or not saying it's considered to be the "worst" isn't close to being true. GTAA is the only GTA that I would objectively put in that category. It's difficult imaging that game has any fans as I've never seen anyone talk about it positively.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

Otselot

Yes.

Will they do it? No.

BUT HEY, I MAY BE WRONG.

Son of Zeus

Says who exactly?

The game was a bit divisive for sure but its overall still liked & if anything people are appreciating it more these days (after GTA V).

Sure but overall it is still considered to be below VC, SA and V. Gta 5 isn't as hated in other forums, a lot of people like it better than 4.

IV isn't really loved apart from these forums.

Edited by Son of Zeus

jaljax

It would be very interesting to see a remastered version of GTA IV , but i doubt they'll remaster it considering their more focusing on GTAO... But hey we all might be wrong someday & they may consider making it .

Why backlash the game when you can just get on topic just saying ... , but i get you're point though about San Andreas Remastered version because it really was a disappointment .

Algonquin Assassin

Says who exactly?

Sure but overall it is still considered to be below VC, SA and V. Gta 5 isn't as hated in other forums, a lot of people like it better than 4.

Mate you’ve never liked GTA IV so of course you’d say anything to put it in the most negative light possible.

Son of Zeus

Says who exactly?

Mate youve never liked GTA IV so of course youd say anything to put it in the most negative light possible.

Not bashing the game, just stating what I've seen from other forums.

.Bach

Nah, you're just hating on the game.

Watch this. Likes far surpasses the dislikes.

Journey_95

Always liked this video, it makes people appreciate GTA IV more and shows how dumbed down V was in some areas.

Edited by Journey_95

Algonquin Assassin

Not bashing the game, just stating what I've seen from other forums.

I don't see why it's relevant. If we wanted to discuss what goes on at other forums we'd go to them.

Journey_95

A GTA V made this video in response:

Lol at the dislikes

Algonquin Assassin

That's what happens when you're on the back foot. The first video already did the damage so by the time someone scrambled to make a response it was too late.

Piggsy pls

Even though V is still more popular with casual gamers and such, I still like that this video was made to show the areas (gameplay wise) where V downgraded compared to IV, and became quite popular. I hope Rockstar have seen it and take it into account. Edited by Piggsy pls

InfiniteTias

The delay of RDR2 actually brought some good news. It's more likely now that they have a Remaster coming this spring for GTA IV. But I bet it will be a lame Liberty City t-shirt or something that will be available for GTA online on the 10th anniversary..