2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jarlaxle

Fight Net Neutrality, Save the Internet!

Skeever

Oh boy, reddit really did it this time. This was one of the best coordinated propaganda efforts I've seen on the Internet to date. Even most users on libertarian and right-wing sites started buying it (or at least, the shills flooding those sites made it seem that way).

Ed7MESP.png

Funny how next to no one is talking about it anymore... what an embarrassment.

Edited by Skeever

D9fred95

Oh boy, reddit really did it this time. This was one of the best coordinated propaganda efforts I've seen on the Internet to date. Even most users on libertarian and right-wing sites started buying it (or at least, the shills flooding those sites made it seem that way).

Ed7MESP.png

$1.99 per Google search? You'd think that would give it away. Nonetheless that would be a horrific reality to live in.

Ivan1997GTA

Ed7MESP.png

Why pay 10 bucks to watch a movie on Netflix when you already pay a monthly subscribtion and watch them for free? That's total bullsh*t.

Also, I've heard that the FCC's vote against Net Neutrality was done illegally. There's still the matter of getting the stuff through court, and even though I don't live in America, I hope to God that Ajit Pai gets fired from the FCC. And if the repeal act passes, then it will be like an inoperable cancer tumor for the Internet.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA

AiraCobra

Ed7MESP.png

Why pay 10 bucks to watch a movie on Netflix when you already pay a monthly subscribtion and watch them for free? That's total bullsh*t.

I seriously hope your reply was a joke, If not then I should let you know the photo is fake

Blaze
Was that actually a reddit shill and not just people who clearly have no f*cking clue retweeting it blindly? Edited by Blaze

Matrelith

4PT2fwx.png

OLJAQJw.jpg

i2RjK8l.jpg

aKsb3H3.jpg

This is getting pretty ridiculous.

AiraCobra

I posted on the previous page a link to check and see if your name was used illegally to "comment" so I went back and checked and sure enough my name is on the list

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Neon_Dreaming

I posted on the previous page a link to check and see if your name was used illegally to "comment" so I went back and checked and sure enough my name is on the list

That's f*cked up, the sad part is they will get away with this, there's no accountability.

AiraCobra

States are planning to sue the FCC over this issue

a183175f09888977c4b5ac9ea89af2f3.gif

If you can't watch the GIF here is the mp4 version - https://i.gyazo.com/a183175f09888977c4b5ac9ea89af2f3.mp4

Ajit Pai has been accused of obstructing justice

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

feckyerlife

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/941467519222771713

Sorry to burst your bubble, f*ckwad, but it was your Daddy that appointed Pai chairman of the FCC.

Also, #netneutality f*ckin lol JOKE

that is true, but Obama appointed him to the FCC in 2015. both presidents f*cked up on this guy. This guy was spewing this sh*t when obama brought him in.

Edited by feckyerlife

Skeever

I seriously hope your reply was a joke, If not then I should let you know the photo is fake

Wrong.

https://twitter.com/freddyamazin/status/941079776273448961?lang=en

Unless you meant the information in the photo itself is fake news, in which case you're correct.

Matrelith

It's almost as if that tweet is meant to show what possible consequences could be should net neutrality be repealed instead of giving concrete, accurate information.

AiraCobra

Wrong.

https://twitter.com/freddyamazin/status/941079776273448961?lang=en

Unless you meant the information in the photo itself is fake news, in which case you're correct.

Yes sir, Was replying to his comment about the prices in the photo

sivispacem

People with "brain cells" don't need YouTube videos to explain to them what they should believe and why. We're very capable of reaching conclusions independently without needing to watch clickbaity drivel.

John Smith

^Same could be applied to the media we watch on those boxy flatscreen thingys that have entertained us for the best part of the last century.

Evil empire

^Same could be applied to the media we watch on those boxy flatscreen thingys that have entertained us for the best part of the last century.

The TV, radios and newspapers are already controlled by the capitalist apparatchiks in many countries with internet being the only place where the dissidents can exercise their freedom of opinion and expression. This maneuver to end the net neutrality is one more step to dictatorship.

More generally speaking the USA are like many other countries a place where any psychopath can have the power, where those who vote the laws also apply them, where any slaver and public poisoner boss can have a political power, where the politicians who serve the most these criminal bosses receive bribes disguised as commissions and more money for their electoral campaigns, where all the medias are controlled by these same criminal bosses and corrupt piliticians and where the judicial procedures are entirely based on the strength relationship.

In the USA like in many other countries any monster disguised as a human being can have the power, the more the psychopaths trample people's right the richer and the more powerful they get while knowing they will never be denunced nor punished.

RaMMy

"Can't wait for the slow/fast lanes" - No one 2017.

I don't think they will get away with it, I'm not american, but as me, people worldwide will jump on those mofo's to try and stop this nonsense ✌💪

Edited by RaMMy

Evil empire

"Can't wait for the slow/fast lanes" - No one 2017.

I don't think they will get away with it, I'm not american, but as me, people worldwide will jump on those mofo's to try and stop this nonsense ✌

I hope his greed for power will make Donald Trump end the same way than Nicolae Ceaucescu.

Neon_Dreaming

I hope his greed for power will make Donald Trump end the same way than Nicolae Ceaucescu.

Artists impression of Trump's brain.

d82e1a2a4d5927866b4a8e2f027b9cbb.gif

Edited by Neon_Dreaming

Gian_Yagami

In my country, we have no net neutrality. Every ISP sells their service with limit quota data and most of website is blocked such as reddit. And also, we have the slower internet speed than US. Yeah, bullsh*t capitalism. Internet hasn't ownership

AiraCobra

EX8zOVs.jpg

Evil empire

In my country, we have no net neutrality. Every ISP sells their service with limit quota data and most of website is blocked such as reddit. And also, we have the slower internet speed than US. Yeah, bullsh*t capitalism. Internet hasn't ownership

Which country do you live in?

The problem isn't capitalism but the concentration of powers.

Has Trump said anything yet and does he even have anything to say in this case?

Pedinhuh

Has Trump said anything yet and does he even have anything to say in this case?

...Would it really matter? He f*cked it up already.

And going by his manners, he would end up saying some sh*t like net neutrality is communist.

I can't believe the libertarians over there, the REAL libertarians, actually bought this sh*t, I understand their goals of having a minimal state and reduce taxes, but they completely forgot about the individual liberties that such repeal is threatening against, and that is f*cked up.

If it weren't for capitalism, you wouldn't have a product that has access to the Internet, provided by an ISP that you paid for it.

Here is the thing though, capitalism isn't the problem, lobbies and unfair concentrations of riches are the problem, and the politicians in their pockets as well.

Finn 7 five 11

So how is it going now? I read that some states are fighting it above?

Helegad

If Net Neutrality is repealed, then why can't people just churn to an ISP that offers free and open access to the internet? It will be a huge new marketing tactic that will inevitably go with the territory. Surely it could not be made to be against the law to offer it.

sivispacem

If Net Neutrality is repealed, then why can't people just churn to an ISP that offers free and open access to the internet?

Because in most areas single ISPs hold the monopoly on control of network infrastructure, and refuse to let competitor services lease lines from them. They've even tried to sue small community-owned providers attempting to build alternative infrastructure like their own fibre networks to try and prevent them from challenging their monopoly.

Evil empire

Everytime a dictator makes a coup one of the things he always does is taking the control of the medias, never forget it.

Gian_Yagami

Which country do you live in?

The problem isn't capitalism but the concentration of powers.

Indonesia. In my opinion, things can called capitalism if there have high price but that thing are important to get. What do you think if you must pay extra to access youtube or this forum for example?