Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,040 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Videogames888

Times you've cried during a Videogame

Itachi Uchiha

Assassin's Creed 4 Ending Edward seeing his friends that song feels

I'm far too masculine to "cry", but someone in the house was cutting all the onions during...

Nier Automata when:

I reached Pascal's dilemma. Pascal's Village was the only place in the entire game that gave off good vibes when you went there. From the music, to the plethora of robot personalities, and the children... Pascal was easily the the most sincere, most virtuous character in the game. After my second visit to his village, it occurred to me that the game was going to stick it to him in the worst way. And did it ever. Being confronted with the decision was like someone plunged a knife into my chest. BUT IT DIDN'T STOP THERE. I chose what I thought to be the best out of the three horrible options, to wipe his memory, and it actually got worse. I went back to what was left of Pascal's Village only to find Pascal with no memory of the previous events, rummaging through the wreckage (read: dead robot bodies). What's worse, he becomes a vendor, and sells what basically amounts to robot children's corpses. I didn't touch that game again for weeks.

Man.. that was so damn heartbreaking. Who would've known a japaneese game about robots and androids could be so emotional. That game is pure depression on disc.

We Are Ninja

Duuuuuuuuude... I enjoyed the first play-through. The second was a slog. The third play-through was like a death of a thousand cuts. The game pinned you down and didn't stop slicing and dicing your heart to ribbons.

Pedinhuh

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain.

Paz side quests.

The whole quest, from start to finish is one incredible gut-punch and the end really tears you apart.

But for a proper context and emotional baggage, you need to play Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes before playing Phantom Pain.

Mister Pink

Can't say I've cried playing a videogame. Not that I can't be moved by them or that I don't "get something in my eye" every now and then but usually happens with a film or rarely with a nice piece of music.

Tokasmoka

I never came close to that feeling, but then again I was raised on Super Mario and Duck Hunt and I haven't even played any of the games mentioned on this page.

Shadowfennekin

Least you get revenge by getting Maero to crush his own girlfriend lmao

And I cried like a bitch the first time I played Saints Row 3 cause Johnny Gat is my favorite.

Earth blowing up and killing Oleg, Viola, and Angel just pissed me off. How come the sh*t character(Kinzie) got to survive but none of them could?

Awesom-0

Least you get revenge by getting Maero to crush his own girlfriend lmao

And I cried like a bitch the first time I played Saints Row 3 cause Johnny Gat is my favorite.

Earth blowing up and killing Oleg, Viola, and Angel just pissed me off. How come the sh*t character(Kinzie) got to survive but none of them could?

Yeah. Saints Row 2 had some really brutal moments that i still cringe at, but the payback you give Maero, Jessica, and Matt are awesome.

As for Saints Row: The Third, I can't express how stupid it was to kill of LITERALLY the fan favorite character in the series, especially considering how he died off just like that. :facedesk: On the second freaking mission, no less.

But as for Saints Row: IV killing off Oleg, Viola, and Angel. The only one i hated being killed off was Oleg. As for Kinzie, I actually liked her character. :/

I'm just pissed that we didn't get to kill Dex, (SR: GOOH doesn't count.)

OT: Red Dead Redemption.

John Marstons death. He was one of my favorite characters of all time, and i felt like crap, knowing that he was dead as soon as he stepped outside of that barn. At least you get a cool secret mission with Jack, where you get to take your revenge on Edgar Ross.

Edited by Awesom-0

straightupmenace

the first four silent hill games haven't really made me full on cry but i do tear up during some of the more emotional scenes

Actlikeyouknow

I've been sad or choked up at certain moments in games, but I don't think I've ever cried....

Except......

For that one time......

slimeball supreme

the part in san andreas where the black people won

ClaudeIzABadAzz

When I was like 7, I cried because I could'nt pass the Vigilante missions in GTA 3.

Algonquin Assassin

Honestly this was so cringey the first time I played SR2 it made me laugh. I mean wouldn't you try to atleast shoot the chain to break him free? It's hard to take something like this seriously in the same game that you can spray people with sh*t and run around naked.:p

Creme_Brulee

My gaming history isn't comparatively all that big, so until now only Bioshock Infinite's ending has made me cry. And then I played Burial at Sea...the beginning was pretty emotional, and the ending, just damn. The story and the atmosphere at these points made me really sad. Then the music f*cking striked. Hearing it now still makes me a wee bit sad.

Edited by Creme_Brulee

GtaLegend15

The ending of the last of us / left behind

Lock n' Stock

It was hard to hold in tears during Red Dead Redemption's ending. Parts during The Last of Us were just depressing as well.

Suzuki Azure Vulpine

Ace Combat 5, the second I lost a Squadron mate, in the mission Journey Home....I cried then but, I didn't cry as much as I did in Medal of Honor 2010, That ending as someone who's family has a history of military service, f*cking hurts, to this day, It didn't help that whole last part of the mission, the music made it clear what was going to happen, And that whole trip up the mountain, your just praying, don't let it be.

I sat in my chair and balled my eyes out at this ending, still cry when I watch it.
Video:

Edited by Suzuki Azure Vulpine

joshua969

Assassin's Creed 4 Ending Edward seeing his friends that song feels

The ending and..

Mary Reads Death

Rebel

I wouldn't say full on cried but for sure teared up would be The Last of Us. Man that game was f*cking awesome. Can't wait for the next instalment. Hmm, that's probably it to be fair. Others have been sad for sure, but never bought tears.

Spadge

I was so sad when the San Andreas story ended, I just wanted for it to keep going.

Hot Pursuit

Minecraft: Story Mode, the scene when Reuben dying makes my eyes tear

toxluv

Didn't really shed tears, but MGS3's ending was very powerful.

spincther

Had a little sniffle when Joel's daughter got killed in the begging of TLOU. No tears though

Caysle

After the mission where we gain +500 fame and head for Beecher's Hope. With the music, it was touchy

RaMMy

The Last of Us and Batman Arkham City...... :whistle:

Leftist Bastard

I never got how people cried at media, in general. I watch plenty of movies, TV, play lots of games etc and I can recognize a tragic story/moment but none got to me cry. Till I played The Walking Dead.

Full out sobbed at the ending. Just crying at 4AM.

Cutter De Blanc

Generally sending my characters into the meat grinder every thirty or forty minutes is enough to make me somewhat unsympathetic to them.

The last game I can remember giving me any sort of really uncomfortable reaction was Max Payne's first level where the baby is killed.

Blondie

I never cried during a video game to be honest. I did cry because of certain movies and documentaries a little bit. :sigh:

LeakyLine

When I was a wee young one and Carlos died in SR2

dont laugh haha

Damn. I need a tissue right now. f*ck..

A few days ago, I started replaying The Last of Us. Believe it or not, I only played through it once in 2015. I wanted to replay this game but never got far because I always found something else to play instead. Now I've finally started it for realz.

I put it in a spoiler, just in case.

I got to the point where you team up with Henry and his little brother, Sam.

For f*cks sake, the cutscene where Sam questions the afterlife after being bitten and turns into a braindead zombie, jumps Ellie and gets shot in the head by Henry.. then Henry almost kills Joe but shots himself in the head instead.. Jesus Christ.

I didn't cry but my screen got blurry, don't know why. Ok I need a hug right now.