2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Videogames888

Times you've cried during a Videogame

anthony

When I was young, for CS:S, crying like a bitch because of losing.

Candy_Licker

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby.

Khalid? Boy was I glad when he died (except for Jaheira) Dynaheir was more of a loss

I never cried during a game, but not because I wanted to pride over my masculinity and all that cliché sh*t. Is mainly because I never found a story in which I could feel identified enough with the characters. I'm not too much of a "traditional gamer" anyway, as I'm currently being driven away from traditional games with storyline, levels and bosses.

On the other hand, several songs give me goosebumps sometimes when I listen to them.

Same. But I can't even cry in This Is Us with it's sweet sentimentality, and I like the show and the characters.

RDR was great with the goosebumps. The tragic end really moved me as much as a videogame could. But the scene going to Mexico with the song and especially the one where you ride back down from the mountain as you killed you know who.... wow that was goosebumps.

I'm more the melancholic guy who reflects silently what he's seen, instead of crying.

I got really melanholic in Witcher simply because it's such a wonderful game, feeling sad because it would finish sometime. Slightly offtopic now but I often have this feeling when a beloved tv series/games ends.

In tv shows, I sometimes can't even watch the final episodes when I do a rerun, and that's as close as crying as it gets for me.

Edited by Candy_Licker

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

The moment were snake shoots and the moment Otacon talks about him as being in the past....first time i came at that part...man...being a follower of the series in general since mgs1....that was sad.

ProKiller93

Never did

Dealux

I got a few tears in my eyes when I watched one of the clips from Quantum Break. Burke (one of the good guys in the game) confesses to his wife that he did some terrible things because of his job (~21:00). The emotional part is when he said "if you will just let me protect you one last time". It's a powerful moment for guys who know what it's like to really love a woman and that means that you would do everything in your power to protect her.

Edited by ΣΓ

Stormingz

I've only ever come close to tears, never cried, nonetheless Dom's death in Gears of War 3, got me a lil' teary.

Edited by Stormingz

LiangHuBBB

that was like 20 years ago when aeris died in FF7 :(

thatstupidbug

Saints row THE THIRD ... "what happened to my favourite series???? YOU MONSTERS!!!"

11-30-2011_17.jpg

Edited by thatstupidbug

HeistsActivist

Trevors death in GTA V and Trevors drugs getting seized in Series A made me frown. Cant think of any others right now but damn are there hella spoilers in this thread

Vaulttec

As many others have said the last of us made me cry when Sarah is shot and killed by the marine was heartbreaking. Also the alternate reality timeline in life is strange made me tear up as well.

ZillKentornoes

Never cried from a game but Shadow of the Colossus nearly had me in my feelings. Beautiful game

Jon Jon

Never cried from a game but Shadow of the Colossus nearly had me in my feelings. Beautiful game

This. Thinking that you are doing a good deed by killing the Collossi to bring back your girlfriend but by the time you get to the ending, you find out you were not doing good deeds. As others have mentioned, John Marston's death in RDR. I never actually shed a tear but I got choked up when he was killed. But boy, did it feel good to finally kill Edgar Ross. Been wanting to ice him since the moment we first meet him. Also, The Witcher 3. My god that game really gets you invested into the story at an emotional level. Shadow of Colluses, Red Dead Redemption, and The Witcher 3 are my top three favorite games ever because of their stories are magnificent. They are all masterpieces in my opinion.

Kyoto

Beating GTA IV for the first time after 200 hours in 2010.

The ending in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness after you are erased from time after defeating Dialga. Seeing my partner learn to be brave on their own was what made me fight the tears.

Matrelith

Ah yes I almsost forgot about Valiant Hearts. It was free for psplus users I think. Finally a game not about badass war superheroes but actual people stuck in a war. Didn't make me cry but it was emotional.

Yeah, throughout the game there are some sad moments, but nothing that got the ol' waterworks going. But for some reason the ending, with the music and the monologue, always gets to me.

Fuzzknuckles

Last of Us intro gets me teary and choked up, but not full on crying.

RDR got me pretty emotional at points too, but not crying.

The only thing that's made me cry in the last couple of years was the second trailer for The Force Awakens, but I was ripped to the tits on sedatives as I'd had an operation a few hours before.

Journey_95

I didn't cry but Mordin and Anderson's deaths in Mass Effect 3 were sad as hell. ME3 gets a lot of flak but it absolutely nailed the emotional moments (and its a great game overall, apart from the ending).

Marston's death in RDR, that was executed so well too.

Anyway regarding LiS, maybe I should give it another chance? The dialogue was just so cringeworthy that I never bothered to play it after Episode 1

Edited by Journey_95

HaythamKenway

I wish they didn't cut Anderson's speech in the released game. The full version might be a bit cheesy, but goddamnit, they've earned that melodrama by that point. The last goodbyes you exchange with your squadmates in London also always choke me up. The whole mission is a let down, but the interlude at the base before the final push is one of the series' strongest sequences.

But the biggest tearjerker in the whole game is, for me, Thane's farewell in the hospital.

No shame in admitting that ME3 soared every once in a while too.

Algonquin Assassin

Trevors death in GTA V

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved.:p

HeistsActivist

Trevors death in GTA V

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved. :p

Trevors death in GTA V

I cried for a different reason. Not out of sadness, but out of joy that such a sh*t and poorly written character finally got what he deserved. :p

Schweinehund!

Ertan Soner

I cried in gta 4's ending.
And also cried in Assassin's Creed 2 because of clunky and trash parkour mechanics.

Femme Fatale

Which one? Revenge? Deal? Both?

Fireman

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby.

Khalid? Boy was I glad when he died (except for Jaheira) Dynaheir was more of a loss

I was glad Khalid died don't get me wrong, but Jaheira's response to it was sad.

Ertan Soner

Which one? Revenge? Deal? Both?

Deal...It is more dramatic and just couldn't hold my tears

Homemade Dynamite

I don't think I've full-on cried during a game, but Overwatch definitely got my eyes heavy when learning of Widowmaker's heartbreaking backstory, and just imagining how much guilt Amélie would have to go through should she regain herself. If it does happen, it'll be one of the most moving story arcs in games.

Her backstory, in case you didn't know.

Widowmaker is the perfect assassin: a patient, ruthlessly efficient killer who shows neither emotion nor remorse.
It is believed that in her former life, Widowmaker was married to Gérard Lacroix, an Overwatch agent spearheading operations against the Talon terrorist organization. After several unsuccessful attempts to eliminate Gérard, Talon decided to change its focus to his wife, Amélie. Talon operatives kidnapped her and subjected her to an intense program of neural reconditioning. They broke her will, suppressed her personality, and reprogrammed her as a sleeper agent. She was eventually found by Overwatch agents, apparently none the worse for wear, and returned to her normal life.
Two weeks later she killed Gérard in his sleep.
Her mission complete, Amélie returned to Talon, and they completed the process of turning her into a living weapon. She was given extensive training in the covert arts, and then her physiology was altered, drastically slowing her heart, which turned her skin cold and blue and numbed her ability to experience human emotion. Amélie was gone.
Now, Widowmaker is Talon's most effective assassin, feeling little save the satisfaction of a job well done.

Am Shaegar
I don't recall any game making me cry, but I certainly remember the feeling of being moved emotionally when CJ confronts Big Smoke in the last mission that still sears my heart.

CJ: Smoke you had a...

Smoke: I made it CJ, I'm a success! I CAN'T BE TOUCHED. I don't give a f*ck. f*ck the whole world.

CJ: What happened to you, man?

Smoke: Man, what the f*ck do you care? Guess we better do this sh*t then...

CJ: Hey, Smoke, what made you flip out like that man? Was it the drugs or what?

Smoke: I got caught up in the money, the power... I don't give a sh*t, ohhhh f*ck man!

CJ: Why didn't you just quit man? We was like family, homie.

Smoke: I had no choice, I had to do it. I just see the opportunity. When I'm gone, everyone's gonna remember my name, BIG SMOKE!

(Smoke dies.)

CJ: Damn man, what a waste!

There was quiet sadness when I realized that CJ had to kill Smoke.

Same goes for Mafia 1 - Scenes like Tommy deciding to let Frank leave with his family, Tommy going to Paulie's house and finding him dead, and the sad ending...

What an outstanding game!!! They don't make games like GTA SA, and Mafia 1 nowadays.

DarksunDaFirst

the ending of Valiant Hearts: The Great War

simple game, great story...refuse to replay it because I don't want to dilute the experience

JON22

Not cried but the onion ninjas were spitting in my eye when I saw the Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer at E3.

Shaytan

Nevaaar, a man doesn't cry! Except the time in Life is Strange when

on the alternate universe Chloe is dying and asks Max to end her life...

We Are Ninja

I'm far too masculine to "cry", but someone in the house was cutting all the onions during...

Nier Automata when:

I reached Pascal's dilemma. Pascal's Village was the only place in the entire game that gave off good vibes when you went there. From the music, to the plethora of robot personalities, and the children... Pascal was easily the the most sincere, most virtuous character in the game. After my second visit to his village, it occurred to me that the game was going to stick it to him in the worst way. And did it ever. Being confronted with the decision was like someone plunged a knife into my chest. BUT IT DIDN'T STOP THERE. I chose what I thought to be the best out of the three horrible options, to wipe his memory, and it actually got worse. I went back to what was left of Pascal's Village only to find Pascal with no memory of the previous events, rummaging through the wreckage (read: dead robot bodies). What's worse, he becomes a vendor, and sells what basically amounts to robot children's corpses. I didn't touch that game again for weeks.

Spec Ops: The Line when:

The White Phosphorus scene. When you happen upon the woman trying to shield the little girl, both burned to a crisp... And you realize that you LITERALLY did it. You. The player. Using your controller. Good God. That was easily the most powerful moment in any video game that I've ever played. I will always praise that game for showing the graphically obscene violence of war, and for going against the grain and not being a a mindless war orgy like COD.

Saints Row 2 when:

Carlos. Just Carlos. I would imagine that any mercy kill is bitter, but geez. That said, the Boss' retaliation made it hurt less.

I look at Saints Row 2, then at Saints Row 3 and 4 and wonder what happened... :/

Kyoto

I cried after "Salting the Earth" in Saints Row 1 because I thought I had to start the game over afterwards.