Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,681 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Videogames888

Times you've cried during a Videogame

Videogames888

Don't be shy, everyone has at least shed a few tears because of a certain video game. Whether it be due to nostalgia or pure fine writing, video games can often catch us off guard and bring even the strongest man to tears. Use this thread to man up and confess times a game made you cry.

For me, the last few chapters of episode 5 of The Walking Dead Telltale game made my eyes water a bit, then came the ending where I basically bawled my eyes out. Anyone who played the game knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Such an emotional rollercoaster of a game. What about you?

I definetly agree on TWD season one. It was so horrifyingly sad like in a 10/10 hollywood drama. Game actually made me a fan of the TV series, if you enjoyed the game and haven't seen it on TV yet, I can recommend checking it out. Be warned, the show has it's ups and downs. It can get boring and has filler episodes in-between but the moments where people die are the best and have the same tension and emotional inpact as the game's finale.

Nier Automata made me depressed throughout the whole game and there were actually two moments that made me cry a little. The first one was the saddest moment I've seen in gaming and the other was a small tear of happiness. Automata indirectly breaks the fourth wall and strikes you right in the heart and your mind if you really think about what the game's trying to tell you.

BenMitchell90

Only one game has really got me crying, and that is Mother 3. Don't let its cutesy appearance fool you. That game is f*cking grueling. To name just one example, without giving anything away, it's the whole final boss and ending. Just... damn. I was in a funk for the rest of the day. And it's a good thing I was home alone, because we're talking ugly crying here.

SabreGT

I have never cried over a game from an emotional standpoint, but Roman Bellic and John Marston's deaths choked me up a bit, especially Roman with him being such an innocent & likeable character mixed in with Niko's reaction, so that would be the closest.

The Deadite

I choked up a bit at inFAMOUS 2 good ending but i never shed a tear at a game.

iiConTr0v3rSYx

The only times I've become emotional is when I want to chuck the controller threw the TV due to BS moments in a game.

Playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on veteran difficulty was not fun.

CrisPK

Someone know Life is Strange. Ending was so awesome, whole game was awesome. Everyone who I know play this game, have cried at the end... ;(

CountdownIIExtinction

No nostalgic reasons here.

First time I played Mafia 1 (City of Lost Heaven) made me cry alot. Even in 2nd and 3rd playthroughs when I had not played for a long time. This game and events in it seem/feel so real. The time Tommy spares the life of a prostitute in hotel and later lets Frank along with his wife and kids flee the country and even later when you learn that the people whose lives you spared were tracked down and killed regardless and when Tommy himself gets shot dead in front of his house "message from mr Salieri". Oh yeah, and I also cried like crazy when Paulie got killed after the bank job. I really loved the character.

i also cried when playing Max Payne 1. I truly felt sorry for him. His nightmare interludes really messed with my head, messed with my own sanity even.

Coming back to Mafia, the part where Vito's mother dies while he's in prison (Mafia 2) made me cry.

Then I remember crying alot when playing Call of Juarez Bound in Blood - the music was just so beautiful. In some missions it was downright melancholy. Brought back some memories of my own relationship with my brother and lost love.

luisniko

Never cried on video games.

But my manly tears made my eyes wet in the event of Fallout 4's Blind Betrayal.

Rafae

There's only one game I've ever truly teared up at.

Was playing through The Last of Us a week after it came out with my friend and that first scene where the daughter gets shot and her dad's disbelief after it happening legit send shivers down both our spines. I've never felt an urge to cry from a video game scene EVER besides this one.

Classic in every sense of the word. Good god.

Femme Fatale

As a kid, I'd always cry whenever I couldn't pass a game, lol. The Army Men Sarge's Heroes series always did that to me.

the_grizzly_man

The usual suspects for me - The Last of Us, Journey, RIME

Fireman

Mafia for me as well, TWD and TLOU beginning, Khalid dying in BG2, Jade Cocoon petrified village and I'm sure there's tons more as I'm a huge crybaby.

EmSixTeen

Think I cried when my da beat me at Micro Machines as a kid.. at least that's how they tell the story.

There's a reason I'm such a try-hard now. :monocle:

Algonquin Assassin

Never bursted out crying, but Max's decision in Life Is Strange during the alternative reality to pull Chloe's life support choked me up. Than again the whole game is a roller coaster of emotions. Whether it's to make you laugh or cry.

An honourable mention goes to the ending of The Walking Dead season 1 also for tugging at the heart strings.

Kirsty

I get easily choked up/lump in throat at any emotional/touching cutscenes, no matter what game it is. The Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Zero Dawn are notable recent ones I can remember right now.

I cried floods with Life is Strange though, now that was heartbreaking and even the soundtrack still gets me all emotional :catspider: Heard a lot about the sadness in The Walking Dead so I'm keen to play that game.

Leftist Bastard

I'v never cried because of a video game. Like I can go ''holy sh*t this is super sad'' and what have you but no game has actively made me cry. Came close during a certain scene from The Witcher 3; people who have played the game probably know what i'm talking about.

On a related note, in Bastion you acquire a pet early on in the game and it can die later on if you don't do a certain thing and that left me super depressed several hours after beating it.

Goldn-Bayse

I'm going to put my stuff in spoilers just in case anyone is playing these games or planning on playing them.

Nier: Automata

I didn't really cry at any particular scene but Ending E's credits gave me tears of joy when I got help from other players and was cheered on by them. The fact that those players sacrificed there saved data to save some random person (Which happened to be me) so I could beat the game was astounding. I couldn't help but do the same for others as well.

Persona 5

I felt all kinds of emotions in the last few hours of the game from the final boss to the ending. Before I knew it my 114 hour journey with these characters that I liked was over.

Donatello

Sun Ce's death in DW7.

Especially his last words to Sun Quan.

Edited by Donatello

~Tiger~

I won't lie, the music at the end of Far Cry 4 really brought a lump to my throat.

HoleInTheSky

Close to tears when, quite obviously in RDR,

John Marston met his end. The way Edgar Ross and his goons surrounded the ranch (I was thinking, "this can't be it!"), Marston telling his wife and son to leg it as he stayed behind for the sake of protecting his family... and the fact the player is thrown right into John's last efforts to fight back yet still inevitably faliling. It took a few moments to accept what happened (as it marked the first time in my experience where the protagonist you've invested all that time in, literally dies on-screen and there was nothing you could do to stop it).

Then there's that mysterious man

who, prior to the final missions, can be found at the exact site where Uncle, John and Abigail are to be buried, saying what a nice view it offers. Thinking back to that cutscene definitely sent chills

So yeah, in all it took a while to really get back into the swing of the 100% completion.

Fallcreek

I shed many a tear in my time.

I teared up at the end of Max Payne 3, when he's walking along that beach, overlooking the sunset. I really resonated with Max in that game.

I straight up cried during the ending of The Walking Dead S1, but I think that's kind of par for the course here lol.

Life is Strange also, when you go with Chloe's wish. Listening to Foals and watching the montage of clips after that. It got to me.

I teared up a bit during Red Dead Redemption's ending, but I was mostly in shock.

Silent Hill 2 really hit me hard, especially during the ending when Mary's reading her letter to James.

Mass Effect 3 also. Twice as I recall. One during the ending of The Citadel DLC. (Such a masterpiece, I never wanted it to end.) Then, the actual ending. I was so invested in the story, and into the characters. It sucked that it had to end lol. The music, and all that stuff. So good.

Algonquin Assassin

Heard a lot about the sadness in The Walking Dead so I'm keen to play that game.

You definitely should Kirsty.:)

IMO the first season is more emotional mostly because of the bond Lee and Clementine share and I feel some of the character deaths are more heart breaking than in the other two seasons.

Leftist Bastard

Close to tears when, quite obviously in RDR,

John Marston met his end. The way Edgar Ross and his goons surrounded the ranch (I was thinking, "this can't be it!"), Marston telling his wife and son to leg it as he stayed behind for the sake of protecting his family... and the fact the player is thrown right into John's last efforts to fight back yet still inevitably faliling. It took a few moments to accept what happened (as it marked the first time in my experience where the protagonist you've invested all that time in, literally dies on-screen and there was nothing you could do to stop it).

Then there's that mysterious man

who, prior to the final missions, can be found at the exact site where Uncle, John and Abigail are to be buried, saying what a nice view it offers. Thinking back to that cutscene definitely sent chills

So yeah, in all it took a while to really get back into the swing of the 100% completion.

I had one problem with that scene:

the game just doesn't let you shoot Edgar for no good reason. It breaks your immersion and makes a great scene feel forced.

Mitsuha

Back when I was 9 years old, I shed a tear in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team during the first part of the storyline. It hit me when I was a kid. Couldn't really remember why tbh.

Choked up on Life Is Strange, when alternative reality Chloe wants her wish to be fulfilled (I didn't grant her wish though)

I also legit cried during Narcissu, a visual novel I found on Steam. The soundtrack is really great too. Although it isn't really a game since you just get to read dialogues by clicking and clicking.

header.jpg?t=1478564056

Tech-Noir

Walking Dead Season 1

Lee's death at the ending.

Persona 3

Makoto sealing Nyx into his body, sacrificing himself for the world.

Resident Evil 2

Ada's "death" in the canon ending, and her actually dying in the non-canon path.

Life is Strange

Fulfilling Chloe's wish in the alternate reality, and also sacrificing Chloe at the end.

Persona 4 Golden

Pretty sure the battle with Marie made me shed a few tears if I remember correctly.

Mortal Kombat 9

Seeing all of my favorite characters being killed off by Sindel, was pretty lame at the time. Now I look back on it to see that it was really just poor writing, so makes me just roll my eyes these days.

ULPaperContact

Red Dead Redemption and TWD S1's Endings.

Matrelith

Certain moments in gaming make me choke up (The Last of Us' prologue comes to mind), but the only time (two times as I cried both times that I played it) that I actually genuinely cried was the ending of Valiant Hearts: The Great War. Don't let the cartoony style fool you, that game punches you in the gut at the end really f*cking hard. To this day one of the (if not the) best games about war.

Edited by Matrelith

Ah yes I almsost forgot about Valiant Hearts. It was free for psplus users I think. Finally a game not about badass war superheroes but actual people stuck in a war. Didn't make me cry but it was emotional.

Edited by fashion

Nico

I never cried during a game, but not because I wanted to pride over my masculinity and all that cliché sh*t. Is mainly because I never found a story in which I could feel identified enough with the characters. I'm not too much of a "traditional gamer" anyway, as I'm currently being driven away from traditional games with storyline, levels and bosses.

On the other hand, several songs give me goosebumps sometimes when I listen to them.

Edited by Nico