1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

RJay

[MP] Age Of Decay

Martin_Strada

Is that a guy, who made Max Parker

Aftab

It will take some time to work on the trailer as I'm busy for 2-4 days. Then I'll finish up the trailer

Martin_Strada

It will take some time to work on the trailer as I'm busy for 2-4 days. Then I'll finish up the trailer

Cool mate

SatournFan

bland, boring, unoriginal, repetitive

if I was to describe this project in 4 words, those would be the words

first, the genre of 'zombie shooter' has been done to death at this point, and I'm yet to see a quality project of this genre after 'The Tale of Mark White' by Mattatatta. and since the genre is unoriginal, so is the plot, which is as basic as it can possible get, it has no real twists (besides the identity of the main antagonist) and thus it's not interesting to follow it because you know exactly how it's going to unfold

there are no real characters besides maybe the protagonist and his sidekicks, Crane and Ramos. everyone else has no progression, no development and no backstory. they're pretty much just actors created for the sole purpose of filling the space

the gameplay... God, the gameplay is awful. it's a tedious, uninspired, repetitive mess that consists of two things - driving and shooting (a lot). no originality here, but I guess since it's a zombie shooter, you don't really need anything else. still, it will become boring after the first chapter at best, but probably even earlier

especially awful are the 'besieged' missions, where you basically just shoot wave after wave of various enemies. this isn't fun, this is boring

a lot of grammar mistakes, but I get it, English is not your first language, so I won't give you too much sh*t for that (although sometimes the text is just bad in terms of correctness)

the script is awful. most of it seems forced as hell, and with all of the mistakes some of the lines become quite literally incomprehensible

what I did like about this mission pack, however, is the object placement. it's not ideal, but you've done a great job creating the survivor camps, making the most out of DYOM's object database. unfortunately, it doesn't create the needed atmosphere of survival, despair, desperation etc. but I did like it so there's that

overall, I'd say this is one of the most boring mission packs I've played so far. 1.5/5 for effort (but mostly for your work with objects and actors)

RJay

first, the genre of 'zombie shooter' has been done to death at this point, and I'm yet to see a quality project of this genre after 'The Tale of Mark White' by Mattatatta. and since the genre is unoriginal, so is the plot, which is as basic as it can possible get, it has no real twists (besides the identity of the main antagonist) and thus it's not interesting to follow it because you know exactly how it's going to unfold

there are no real characters besides maybe the protagonist and his sidekicks, Crane and Ramos. everyone else has no progression, no development and no backstory. they're pretty much just actors created for the sole purpose of filling the space

the gameplay... God, the gameplay is awful. it's a tedious, uninspired, repetitive mess that consists of two things - driving and shooting (a lot). no originality here, but I guess since it's a zombie shooter, you don't really need anything else. still, it will become boring after the first chapter at best, but probably even earlier

especially awful are the 'besieged' missions, where you basically just shoot wave after wave of various enemies. this isn't fun, this is boring

a lot of grammar mistakes, but I get it, English is not your first language, so I won't give you too much sh*t for that (although sometimes the text is just bad in terms of correctness)

the script is awful. most of it seems forced as hell, and with all of the mistakes some of the lines become quite literally incomprehensible

what I did like about this mission pack, however, is the object placement. it's not ideal, but you've done a great job creating the survivor camps, making the most out of DYOM's object database. unfortunately, it doesn't create the needed atmosphere of survival, despair, desperation etc. but I did like it so there's that

overall, I'd say this is one of the most boring mission packs I've played so far. 1.5/5 for effort (but mostly for your work with objects and actors)

Hey, satournfan. Thanks for a very honest feedback. It seems pretty harsh but I respect your opinion. I made this mission pack in a year, and trust me, I wanted to end it as fast as I could 'cause I'm busy as hell. And maybe because of that, I didn't have full intention to focus on the story progression. And I already get the hint from the lack of feedback.
Maybe I'm too old for this sh*t lol. This will be my last mission pack. I know it's not as good as my previous successful MPs, but I guess it's useless to continue.
Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. It's so bad, I wonder why you played till the end.
Edited by RJay

.GreenGoo

Hey, satournfan. Thanks for a very honest feedback. It seems pretty harsh but I respect your opinion. I made this mission pack in a year, and trust me, I wanted to end it as fast as I could 'cause I'm busy as hell. And maybe because of that, I didn't have full intention to focus on the story progression. And I already get the hint from the lack of feedback.
Maybe I'm too old for this sh*t lol. This will be my last mission pack. I know it's not as good as my previous successful MPs, but I guess it's useless to continue.
Anyway, thanks again for the feedback. It's so bad, I wonder why you played till the end.

Don't misunderstand SatournFan, he didn't mean that you're a bad designer. He was just trying to point out a few mistakes in your first MP. We all were newbies and our first Missions weren't that good. But we kept up designing and became better than before. You've to continue, you can't just fake out of the community without any reason.

SatournFan

I definitely didn't mean any harm with my review, and to clarify, I did enjoy Max Parker so I obviously don't think you're a bad designer

to answer your question about why would I continue playing even after realising I didn't like this project, I guess for the same reasons people like to play bad games or watch bad movies - to see how bad it can get and to hope for any redeeming qualities

RJay

Don't misunderstand SatournFan, he didn't mean that you're a bad designer. He was just trying to point out a few mistakes in your first MP. We all were newbies and our first Missions weren't that good. But we kept up designing and became better than before. You've to continue, you can't just fake out of the community without any reason.

Firstly, this is not my first MP... this is maybe my 10th series since 2010(although not all of 'em were finished). My point is, I don't think I can continue myself to keep designing mission because of my situation maybe. I'm not like I used to do. And 2010 was really lively here. Good times.. really missed it.

Edited by RJay

.GreenGoo

@RJay Please don't do this. Don't be like that. We need skilled designers, we need you. If you leave, you will become fair-weather. :dontgetit:

Martin_Strada

I like Arejai very much, i played Max Parker and Transporter like 5 times!! and it's so enjoyable

The Half-Blood Prince

When you announced this Mission-Pack last month, a lot of people here (including me) were happy with the fact that an experient designer would get back to business with a new project. And not only you were coming back, actually, which made us stay even more hyped. But unfortunately, what we got was a result far below you already had presented to us. A poorly made mix of zombie apocalypse and GTA style missions, which lead me to the following conclusion: You stayed a long time withouth designing a single mission (and I give you the credits because you feel different, it's normal) and you didn't put enough effort to make a good MP.

First of all: I did enjoyed the first missions. The object placement at the HQs was considerably good, presenting us a certain variety of enemies, even though they're not original in any way comparing to other games. The very first confrontations were also a bit enjoyable, the claustrophobic one where you have to fight with enemies in interiors to be more specific, which somehow leaves the player in despair in some moments.

But then, you decided to use the same confrontation style of the first missions in EVERY single mission of the pack, which turned it so repetitive that I actually considered to give up. Long distances were another thing that bothered me a lot. And as if that were not enough, to each passed mission, instead of increase the difficulty properly saying, you simply spawnned more and more actors and it turned, after the 6th mission, one of the most boring gamplays I ever played in my career. And I'm not saying this is only boring and repetitive, it's frustrating. Each mission, dozens of actors spawnning at the same time, making it apellative and even taking the risk of crash the game of other players, which in my case, happened twice. And after the battle with Cain inside the Burguer Shot (seriously, what the hell was that? It almost had no space between the player and the other actors inside that bathroom. I was literally pissed at that moment), I definitely knew I would just be frustrated if I continued playing. But I did, because I wanted to see the final chapter, I wanted to see if any negative feedbacks of the first and second chapters that you probably received (and if you didn't, I have no idea how) would make you improve in some aspects. But still, you didn't. Gameplay stayed awful and repetitive, until the final mission of the pack.

Another thing that disturbs me is the story. And I don't know to say which one is the most cliche, the plot or the lines. Cutscenes in DYOM are already boring for not having any voice acting or any sound that make you pay attention really hard, but I gotta say, these cutscenes almost made me sleep. Part of the blame goes to college in that case, but the cutscenes helped a lot. I meant A LOT. Lines are simply silly and nonsense, and you can find them in other hundreds of MPs. Story, even having a bit of potential looking at the synopsis, were far worst than your previous MPs. Characters had no development, you basically don't care about any of them. There is no empathy. And then we got to the twists, that simply has no emotion and are so forced, it seems that you was obligated by someone (your id, maybe) to add them to the story. Writting are understandable, even having grammar mistakes, which do not appear so much but are there, and the ending was one of the most predictable that I ever played.

One of the reasons I believe that you didn't put enough effort to this pack is that there are some bugs in the middle of the story that kind of ruins the experience of the player. Every MP has bugs, it's obvious. But the kind of bug that I saw in this MP is the one that the author knows, but simply don't correct, I don't know why. I mean, how you didn't saw CJ (a teleport) standing back there in a cutscene, or a bug in the route of the actor who were being followed by a cutscene, probably in the same mission as the other bug? Again, it's impossible that you didn't notice them, not talking about other bugs that I saw and forgot while making this review.

THE VERDICT:

Age of Decay tries, in a unsuccessfully way, to mix the genres of zombie apocalypse, survival and action with GTA-style missions that frustrates the player in the most part of the pack, being repetitive, too simple and weak in so many points, with a story that is poor, with no emotion or attachment to the characters, which turn this MP in a "must forgot" inside your amazing career here in the community. It's going to be a terrible lost to DYOM community if you retire with this MP. I'm sure you can do a lot better if you get practice, patience and put a lot of effort on it.

4/10 - BAD

✓ Good object placement

✕ Poor plot, character development and lines

✕ Frustrating gameplay

✕ Overpast genre

✕ Unoriginal in almost everything

✕ No effort to fix simple bugs

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

RJay

When you announced this Mission-Pack last month, a lot of people here (including me) were happy with the fact that an experient designer would get back to business with a new project. And not only you were coming back, actually, which made us stay even more hyped. But unfortunately, what we got was a result far below you already had presented to us. A poorly made mix of zombie apocalypse and GTA style missions, which lead me to the following conclusion: You stayed a long time withouth designing a single mission (and I give you the credits because you feel different, it's normal) and you didn't put enough effort to make a good MP.

First of all: I did enjoyed the first missions. The object placement at the HQs was considerably good, presenting us a certain variety of enemies, even though they're not original in any way comparing to other games. The very first confrontations were also a bit enjoyable, the claustrophobic one where you have to fight with enemies in interiors to be more specific, which somehow leaves the player in despair in some moments.

But then, you decided to use the same confrontation style of the first missions in EVERY single mission of the pack, which turned it so repetitive that I actually considered to give up. Long distances were another thing that bothered me a lot. And as if that were not enough, to each passed mission, instead of increase the difficulty properly saying, you simply spawnned more and more actors and it turned, after the 6th mission, one of the most boring gamplays I ever played in my career. And I'm not saying this is only boring and repetitive, it's frustrating. Each mission, dozens of actors spawnning at the same time, making it apellative and even taking the risk of crash the game of other players, which in my case, happened twice. And after the battle with Cain inside the Burguer Shot (seriously, what the hell was that? It almost had no space between the player and the other actors inside that bathroom. I was literally pissed at that moment), I definitely knew I would just be frustrated if I continued playing. But I did, because I wanted to see the final chapter, I wanted to see if any negative feedbacks of the first and second chapters that you probably received (and if you didn't, I have no idea how) would make you improve in some aspects. But still, you didn't. Gameplay stayed awful and repetitive, until the final mission of the pack.

Another thing that disturbs me is the story. And I don't know to say which one is the most cliche, the plot or the lines. Cutscenes in DYOM are already boring for not having any voice acting or any sound that make you pay attention really hard, but I gotta say, these cutscenes almost made me sleep. Part of the blame goes to college in that case, but the cutscenes helped a lot. I meant A LOT. Lines are simply silly and nonsense, and you can find them in other hundreds of MPs. Story, even having a bit of potential looking at the synopsis, were far worst than your previous MPs. Characters had no development, you basically don't care about any of them. There is no empathy. And then we got to the twists, that simply has no emotion and are so forced, it seems that you was obligated by someone (your id, maybe) to add them to the story. Writting are understandable, even having grammar mistakes, which do not appear so much but are there, and the ending was one of the most predictable that I ever played.

One of the reasons I believe that you didn't put enough effort to this pack is that there are some bugs in the middle of the story that kind of ruins the experience of the player. Every MP has bugs, it's obvious. But the kind of bug that I saw in this MP is the one that the author knows, but simply don't correct, I don't know why. I mean, how you didn't saw CJ (a teleport) standing back there in a cutscene, or a bug in the route of the actor who were being followed by a cutscene, probably in the same mission as the other bug? Again, it's impossible that you didn't notice them, not talking about other bugs that I saw and forgot while making this review.

THE VERDICT:

Age of Decay tries, in a unsuccessfully way, to mix the genres of zombie apocalypse, survival and action with GTA-style missions that frustrates the player in the most part of the pack, being repetitive, too simple and weak in so many points, with a story that is poor, with no emotion or attachment to the characters, which turn this MP in a "must forgot" inside your amazing career here in the community. It's going to be a terrible lost to DYOM community if you retire with this MP. I'm sure you can do a lot better if you get practice, patience and put a lot of effort on it.

4/10 - BAD

✓ Good object placement

✕ Poor plot, character development and lines

✕ Frustrating gameplay

✕ Overpast genre

✕ Unoriginal in almost everything

✕ No effort to fix simple bugs

Honestly, I never realised that this MP is going to be bad & boring cause I'm kind of lost it with the plot myself. It took me a long time to finish the whole pack. Maybe because I'm forced to finish the project that appeared to be bad. But anyway, I'm sorry to say this but, this is (perhaps) would be my last project. I got several ideas to create another project but still, I ain't got no time for that. But, who knows.

Aftab

The MP was not that bad as you are saying, tbh. But its your own opinion. I enjoyed playing it. Yes I admit that the ending was unexplained, that how old man wasn't affected to virus and what happened after the protagonist has killed antagonist.

The Half-Blood Prince

You'll always have our support. You're an amazing designer who brought us Max Parker, BBM and so many others, and I really did enjoy playing your packs. I know how it is, life out there is cruel and free time is something that we almost don't have with college, work, etc. But I really do hope you come back one day to finish your story here with a perfect MP.

To answer Aftab: I based my feedback on the experience I had. So if the experience was bad, there is no way to give him a note higher than 4.

Edited by The Half-Blood Prince

ArhamPratama

Your Mission Is Very Good !!! Like it !!!