1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Begoo

Do you feel tall, short or avg where you live?

Pavle

Serb average is 1.82 centimeters (f*ck you metric system users), and I was 1.79 in October. I'm the tallest one in the family so I don't really feel that short.

ShadowPerson

I´m tall. Our average its a damn joke 1.60m (5ft2) to 1.67 (5ft4) and I´m 1.83 (6ft)

Everyone is so damn little lol

GTA3Rockstar

USA is 175 / 5'9" for males and I am like 185 / 6'1"

So, it's all good :^:

Sir Michael

I'm slightly above the US average: I'm 5'10". There are days where I feel hella short, at least next to 6-footers, who I see almost everyday... lol.

Edited by Sir Michael

dudclub55

I'm slightly above the US average: I'm 5'10". There are days where I feel hella short, at least next to 6-footers, who I see almost everyday... lol.

I have a friend who's 6'2" and he's a serious discomfort to talk to with my bad neck.

Begoo

Serb average is 1.82 centimeters (f*ck you metric system users), and I was 1.79 in October. I'm the tallest one in the family so I don't really feel that short.

Dont take info from wiki, 182cm was measured for students at University of Novi Sad, and students on avg are inch taller than national average according to studies. In University of Banja Luka they measured students on avg at 184cm. Those samples are small though so they dont represent much. Real avg serbian is 180.5 like in Croatia, where in Bosnia its 181.5 (thanks to Herzegovina who is alone 183.5cm with some regions such as Čapljina, Trebinje, Tomislavgrad and around Neum skyrocket at 184-186 avg.)

How many 6 footers do you see in a day? Considering 6ft is at about 80th percentile in US.

Mitsuha

I'm 5'6", and I consider myself average considering I'm still 17 and live in the Philippines. 5'10"-6ft+ here is considered tall.

Sir Michael

How many 6 footers do you see in a day? Considering 6ft is at about 80th percentile in US.

Right now, maybe a dozen a day. I didn't see many of them back in Washington but I'm passing a good amount of 6-footers down here in South Carolina.

Begoo

Right now, maybe a dozen a day. I didn't see many of them back in Washington but I'm passing a good amount of 6-footers down here in South Carolina.

Where else have you been to? I've been reading some posts on city-data forum about heights per state and people keep claiming upper midwest is tall mans land.

Skeever

I'm 6'6", which converts to about 198cm in metric. So, yeah, I feel tall. The only times I don't are when I bump into someone who's 6'7", in which case I feel like a manlet.

For all the benefits that height offers, there's always a drawback. You can reach for items high up on a shelf? Good for you, grannies in a given store will always enlist your aid in reaching their favorite can of Campbell's Soup. You gain a slight competitive edge in basketball? Great, you'd better enjoy hearing "Wow, do you play basketball?" from half the people you meet. You can easily see down a woman's shirt? Fantastic, you have to maintain eye contact or risk looking like a skeevy pervert.

I like the height well enough, despite all that. I'd hate to be short.

Begoo

I'm 6'6", which converts to about 198cm in metric. So, yeah, I feel tall. The only times I don't are when I bump into someone who's 6'7", in which case I feel like a manlet.

For all the benefits that height offers, there's always a drawback. You can reach for items high up on a shelf? Good for you, grannies in a given store will always enlist your aid in reaching their favorite can of Campbell's Soup. You gain a slight competitive edge in basketball? Great, you'd better enjoy hearing "Wow, do you play basketball?" from half the people you meet. You can easily see down a woman's shirt? Fantastic, you have to maintain eye contact or risk looking like a skeevy pervert.

I like the height well enough, despite all that. I'd hate to be short.

My tallest friend is 198cm. I would never wish to be that tall unless i played basketball xd.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Really short to be honest.

Im 1.65 - 1.68m, because "latino: Colombia", but i live in Belgium so yea...people here are a lot taller then that :p

Pretty much the average size of a girl and 10 to 20 cm to short to be the average height of a guy, so yea...there is that.

Edited by Darth Absentis

9i OTD

In my town, about average or slightly below. I'm not insecure about my height anymore so it would matter anyway.

Personal

I'm somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4.

The majority of people where I am are 5 footers, so I feel like a giant.

People staring all the time gets kinda boring also.

Begoo

I'm somewhere between 6'3 and 6'4.

The majority of people where I am are 5 footers, so I feel like a giant.

People staring all the time gets kinda boring also.

Lol, where you from?

Personal

Lol, where you from?

London.

It's amazing how rare it is to see people that are at least my height now lol.

John Smith

From Scotland, and I'm 6'1. Can't complain, but I personally think 6'3 is the perfect height.

jwdrinkwaterjr

I'm 6'3". Here in north central Maine that's tall. I'm usually the tallest person in the room. When I graduated school I was like 6'1" and 175 pounds, and the biggest kid in my class. No, we didn't have a football team. Our biggest sports were soccer, which I sucked at, and track and field. I was good throwing discus.

I wouldn't want to be any taller. I already have issues fitting in smaller cars. I wouldn't want to be shorter either. My gf is 5'4" and has to get a chair to reach anything.

AnotherDave

I'm 6'2" which makes me above average everywhere in the world apparently. I also happen to think it's just about the perfect height. A couple of inches taller and I'd have trouble with some doorways, ceiling lights and whatnot. A couple of inches shorter and I would want to be over 6'.

Edited by AnotherDave

Begoo

I'm 6'3". Here in north central Maine that's tall. I'm usually the tallest person in the room. When I graduated school I was like 6'1" and 175 pounds, and the biggest kid in my class. No, we didn't have a football team. Our biggest sports were soccer, which I sucked at, and track and field. I was good throwing discus.

I wouldn't want to be any taller. I already have issues fitting in smaller cars. I wouldn't want to be shorter either. My gf is 5'4" and has to get a chair to reach anything.

Im 75kg and wish to get 80kg, its hard with fast metabolism. I used to have 78kg before appendix surgery two years ago.

Edited by Isko1996

Mister Pinkerton

I'm 6'2" which makes me above average everywhere in the world apparently. I also happen to think it's just about the perfect height. A couple of inches taller and I'd have trouble with some doorways, ceiling lights and whatnot. A couple of inches shorter and I would want to be over 6'.

I'm about an inch shorter than you. That's about 1.85m for all you sensible people around the world.

Very happy with my height. It's the one thing I wouldn't change about me.

@Skeever: Wow man, you're tall AF.

Edited by Mister Pink

AnotherDave

I hear that. My height and the fact a can grow a decent beard are the two physical attributes I'm happiest with.

Thelema93

6'4 here. I'm taller than most people in my town. Although their is this one guy who works at my local shopping centre who's around 6'10. The dudes a freak of nature.

Mister Pinkerton

I hear that. My height and the fact a can grow a decent beard are the two physical attributes I'm happiest with.

Haha, that too. :D

John Smith

That's about 1.85m for all you sensible people around the world.

GTFO with that metre metric. We here in the U of the K go by feet. At least I think we do! ;)

Mister Pinkerton

That's about 1.85m for all you sensible people around the world.

GTFO with that metre metric. We here in the U of the K go by feet. At least I think we do! ;)

Metric system all the way, baby! :D

I can't resist....(I know it's US not UK but you get the point!) :p

R5CYFSD.png

Begoo

6'4 here. I'm taller than most people in my town. Although their is this one guy who works at my local shopping centre who's around 6'10. The dudes a freak of nature.

Where you from?

angeldust

who the f*ck else is early 20s average height somewhat underweight that get mistaken for 15 year olds and get child tickets on the bus

SabreGT

I'm 196cm which I believe is a smidgen over 6'5. :cool:

I'm a big lad, Get me in a ring with Anthony Joshua, I'll knock him out, lad!

Edited by SabreGT7

The Mascara Snake

I'm 6'2" and live in California, but I don't feel particularly tall unless it's one of those occasions where being tall makes life more difficult (like more easily hitting my head while leaning under something, having to slouch on rollercoasters with over-the-shoulder-restraints, having a hard time squeezing into the back seat of some cars, etc)