1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Haokizaru

What will GTA Online become when GTA VI is out

Haokizaru

Greetings,

This thread is here to discuss GTA Online's future when GTA VI is released

At this point in time, i can only see those alternatives:

-GTA Online will remain the same and "GTA Online 2" will be released and revolving around GTA VI's universe

-GTA Online will be shut down and "GTA Online 2" will replace it

-GTA Online will receive an expansion adding another world you can explore if you own GTA VI but you will still be able to switch back to Los Santos

So, how do you guys picture GTA Vi's online version, will it be connected to the actual GTA Online or will it be independent and completely different ?

Edited by Haokizaru

DOUGL4S1

We will probably have a way to import our Online characters w/ money and a vehicle and we'll have to start a new empire on the new map back at a low level, so expect billionares from day one.

Efreet

I predict that it would simply be GTA Online set in GTA VI universe, but of course with new gameplay and features. It would be interesting if they make a connection between V's and VI's, but I cannot see how that can be done when considering the fact that the game's assets will be different in visual fidelity. Building another city outside of Los Santos or importing your character won't work due to the fact that VI will run on an upgraded graphics engine and will be targeted toward a new generation of consoles. Rockstar, and in particular Leslie, spoke about a grand vision of expanding Online world, but that would have only been within the V universe and not across a new one. Seeing how things have turned out, it's now too late to expand upon what already exists in GTAO especially since Leslie left the company, the man who is believed to be the godfather of Online. You might look up to his new studio that's making a game called Everywhere, which I believe, is based on that original Online vision.

Edited by Jabalous

Aggserp4

I'm hoping that they'll build the next online from the ground up and make it have no connection to the current online, because right now GTA Online has a LOT of issues.

Kiwi_91

i think its just going to create a new online universe in gta 6. nothing will transfer over. it will just be a clean slate. the gta 5 online servers will stay up probably for a few years just like the gta 4 ones. it is a bummer that all our hard work will just be wiped. but it'll be good to have a blank canvas and everyone set back to the same point

one thing i do want to see in gta 6 online is a lot of the dlc content and cars from gta 5 online to be carried over. which is a long shot but it would be nice.

and when gta 5 does eventually go offline. im hoping they let us keep our characters and basically just have a offline session but with all the cars, houses, missions etc. i think that would be really nice.

VictorVance1239

Yea it'll probably be another restart like how we couldn't continue the stuff from IV online. I'm hoping Los Santos will be possible to travel back too along with Liberty City though. The more the better.

gizmonomono

There's a reason why Rockstar didn't put explosive ammo in the game. Because it's OP. Now that Rdr2 is drawing near, and there's probably not more than a year or two until GTA 6 comes out, they can affort to experiment. I'd say we can expect some crazy stuff in the game leading up to the service shutting down.

i think its just going to create a new online universe in gta 6. nothing will transfer over. it will just be a clean slate. the gta 5 online servers will stay up probably for a few years just like the gta 4 ones. it is a bummer that all our hard work will just be wiped. but it'll be good to have a blank canvas and everyone set back to the same point

one thing i do want to see in gta 6 online is a lot of the dlc content and cars from gta 5 online to be carried over. which is a long shot but it would be nice.

and when gta 5 does eventually go offline. im hoping they let us keep our characters and basically just have a offline session but with all the cars, houses, missions etc. i think that would be really nice.

There is no reason why they wouldn't let you play an ofline session after they shut down the servers. But transfering online progress from an older game to a new one is not exactly common practice. I don't know any game that does that. Edited by RedDagger
merged double post

Deyaz

Technically speaking it would easily be possible to mix characters from V with characters to VI. Also playing the same character would not be a problem, as the data is stored on their servers which are not graphics dependent. If they use the same data, you could play with the same character in the new game and the other way around. The question is simply if they want that.

RaceHork731

There's a reason why Rockstar didn't put explosive ammo in the game. Because it's OP. Now that Rdr2 is drawing near, and there's probably not more than a year or two until GTA 6 comes out, they can affort to experiment. I'd say we can expect some crazy stuff in the game leading up to the service shutting down.

There is no reason why they wouldn't let you play an ofline session after they shut down the servers. But transfering online progress from an older game to a new one is not exactly common practice. I don't know any game that does that.

It's not technically online progress as singleplayer and online progress is the same in this game I am mentioning but, in Forza you can import all your previous liveries and tune setups from the previous games, just not the cars.

gizmonomono

There is no reason why they wouldn't let you play an ofline session after they shut down the servers. But transfering online progress from an older game to a new one is not exactly common practice. I don't know any game that does that.

It's not technically online progress as singleplayer and online progress is the same in this game I am mentioning but, in Forza you can import all your previous liveries and tune setups from the previous games, just not the cars.

That's just stats and paint jobs. To transfer stuff to Gta 6 the game would have to have the same vehicles, same city and be in the same time. Gta 6 might take place in the 70s for all we know.

Biira99

I really hope they allow us to save our characters locally and run some kind of offline session, should they decided to shut down the servers (and unlock every activity like in Public session). I know many modes would become redundant without other players, but they are already in the files, so whatever.

I personally think next Online will be clean slate, which is fair for new players. Otherwise new players wouldn't stand a chance against V's veterans. :)

Edited by Biira99

reform

I'm less inclined to believe that they'll just carry everything over but rather have some kind of conversion/returning player feature.

There will probably be bonus content for returning players just as with LG to CG, and then some kind of conversion for our character's appearance, although it would probably come out looking a bit odd like going from LG to CG, so you'd obviously be able to alter the appearance in the new improved creator.

I don't expect items to carry over (cars, guns, clothes), but there might be a calculation to determine how much cash players start with on GTAVI:Online, such as the combined value of all owned items (or resell value of around 10%), plus all money you currently have, divided by around 66-150. Maybe with a $2m cap. But most returning players would be staring with roughly 500k - 1m.

I also expect GTA VI & GTA Vi:Online to be one and the same,

Edited by reform

snoozieMcBear

We will probably have a way to import our Online characters w/ money and a vehicle and we'll have to start a new empire on the new map back at a low level, so expect billionares from day one.

I highly doubt that. Rockstar loves selling those shark cards. There maybe a cash bonus for returning players but I don't see why they would import your money from an old game to a new. I doubt this is going to be like when they switched over to next gen for Xbox 360 and ps3.

sh0tyme

Virtual reality gta

MojoGamer

I really hope they allow us to save our characters locally and run some kind of offline session, should they decided to shut down the servers (and unlock every activity like in Public session). I know many modes would become redundant without other players, but they are already in the files, so whatever.

I personally think next Online will be clean slate, which is fair for new players. Otherwise new players wouldn't stand a chance against V's veterans. :)

I doubt that since they already made it in Director Mode. I believe Online will shutdown and only if you played Online. Your characters will be saved in Director Mode and with their last saved outfit only.

Zeta87

A desert place.

I doubt that you will be able to transfer your characters to the next game, so i expect a fresh start for everyone once again.

Total Ranker

I honestly believe GTA Online will remain as it is and GTA:VI's world will be added to online and, as you said, you will have to switch between the lands. I would like it that way personally. I don't want to start again every time a new GTA is released.

VictorVance1239

What if Rockstar makes it so it starts out in Los Santos where everybody's business gets raided and all of the money we've made over the course of our criminal careers finally gets traced back to us.

Which could explain why everyone starts back at 0 as we're forced to flee to Vice City to start completely over. At some point being able to return to Los Santos by unlocking it after doing so much stuff.

Gettin up

GTA Online will remain the same and "GTA Online 2" will be released and revolving around GTA VI's universe

I believe that will happen.

Dee.

lets hope they start from scratch and carry over nothing from this sh*tty online..

but itll still be a grindfest so my interest in future gta mp components are pretty much zilch

- your cash won't be transfered to GTAVI

- all cool vehicles introduced in GTAV's updates will be gone and reintroduced for absurd prices in GTAVI's updates.

- GTAV's loading screens will shove GTAVI down your throat.

- GTAV's lobbies will become a modded hellhole.

- those who can't afford GTAVI will be doomed between modder assholes and 12 year old brats.

You'll see.

SprinklesMcFartza

I hope I can take my characters and rank over. Having the money would be nice, don't think it'll happen. I see graphics being improved slightly, so we might be able to touch up our avatars. I really hope it's an add on to Los Santos, with meeting friends at airport to fly back. But right there I get confused, will properties, cars, and money be there? Maintenance fees? Will Los Santos look updated? A new city can't come soon enough, it's the 1 update or dlc I expected and never got.

Vigilante88

I really hope they allow us to save our characters locally and run some kind of offline session

This x1000000

Or let us use our characters in director mode while offline.. with access to all of our stuff. Outfits, cars, weapons, etc.

Edited by gtaoplayer

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

A sh*tfest with mod menu users going rampant, rockstar completely neglecting the quality of the game, and probably a lot of innocent people suffering from all of that.

O wait, that already happened :whistle:

That being said, i somehow expect them to start from scratch or just do what they did with the og to cg switch and enable players to transfer.

universetwisters

Irrelevant

A guy can dream can't he

VictorVance1239

Would be nice to at least get to keep your character, clothes and maybe 1 or 2 cars that you purchased.

Mister Pink

I can imagine Rockstar getting the analytics of who was playing what type of games and when and then systemically trimming the fat from GTA Online and making a more streamlined version of Online. GTA Online was such a mammoth project. Financially successful and fun at times but an absolute pain in the hoop for those of us that were happy playing GTA in the singleplayer days. GTAO is bittersweet with me. I like the idea of it but I can't get in to it for any length of time. I will look forward to a new Online but hopefully it will be much improved.

That's if they are making GTA VI if they're not too busy swimming in it :p

yQLjngU.png

Sorry, I had to do it.

Edited by Mister Pink

MojoGamer

GTA SA, GTA 4, GTA Liberty City Stories and GTA 4 DLC also had Multiplayer :facedesk: I know how you feel how GTA 4 was very upliftingon release date and GTA seemed very dumbed downon release date.

Anyway I hope GTA 6 Online becomes more of a competitive gaming, then this Gta 5 Online addictive arcade gaming.

Kiwi_91

Greetings,

This thread is here to discuss GTA Online's future when GTA VI is released

At this point in time, i can only see those alternatives:

-GTA Online will remain the same and "GTA Online 2" will be released and revolving around GTA VI's universe

-GTA Online will be shut down and "GTA Online 2" will replace it

-GTA Online will receive an expansion adding another world you can explore if you own GTA VI but you will still be able to switch back to Los Santos

So, how do you guys picture GTA Vi's online version, will it be connected to the actual GTA Online or will it be independent and completely different ?

i hope its a map expansion adding the map/new cars from gta vi. so that the dlc from gta 5 will still be in use. if not, and they do just restart online. i hope they import over the cars/dlc we got in gta 5. im not too bothered about transfering characters across tho

Pedinhuh

Probably a fresh start, but since i'm 100% sure Social Club will still be up and running when the game gets released, I can see our money and character stats(driving, shooting skills, K/D ratio...) being carried over.

If we see this game in late 2019 or 2020, it will probably be remastered to next gen, and current gen gaming will be severely ruined by hackers (There is a mod menu running on PS4, has been since 2015 but it is not online yet, the assholes estimates it will be online in late 2018).

And since I know they will be stupid enough to reuse p2p connections, I will wait for next gen release.

Though to be fair, I will hold on and check to see if the game will be worth it or not, V disappointed me.