Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,677 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mr-Infinite_Rage

GTA Single Payer Hunting the Beast

Question

Mr-Infinite_Rage

Hello Everyone, I've completed GTA V 100% with all 27 plants found and the 7 Golden plant's too, I'm kinda lost I can find the dead person At light house and the abandon car under the bridge then after that I'm completely lost can anyone help? is there a certain trail you have to follow?

8 answers to this question

Mr-Infinite_Rage

Thank you.

Galehaut

Hello Everyone, I've completed GTA V 100% with all 27 plants found and the 7 Golden plant's too, I'm kinda lost I can find the dead person At light house and the abandon car under the bridge then after that I'm completely lost can anyone help? is there a certain trail you have to follow?

You want this map i guess : * [bodies + checkpoints ] : http://i.imgur.com/xMA9BNZ.jpg, here's the guide i wrote last year too.

( Everyone used the in-game weather cheat : makeitrain to obtain Snow ( fog ) , But in theory it would be possible to wait for fog on a Sunday , and then a week later after , eat the Monday peyote , which would permit players to do it completely legitimately .)

Eat all the golden peyotes in order between 5:30 - 8:00 at the corresponding days and locations while there is fog (snow works). You need to have completed the last one mission ( any ending ) and also have found the 27 peyotes on a completed the game. While in Sasquatch form , you can use a sonar with L3 (CTRL) to locate the next peyote location. After eating the first one on Sunday , an animal or human body will spawn next of you if you did the sequence correctly.

From left to right , Sunday to Saturday ( Spawning conditions ; Game completed , the last one (any ending) , 27 peyotes obtained , Fog (snow works) , 5h30 to 8h00

* [7 Golden peyote map] : https://imgur.com/rAMUur4

After you eat the Saturday golden peyote when you followed the right order , a new mini game starts where you chase a beast that takes you from bodies to bodies . Use L3 (CTRL) to locate where the beast went , you shall hear the beast roar back. You need to pass through invisible checkpoints to reach each bodies. Beware that it can take more than an hour ; the paths might end up taking you backward and in circles to confuse you , this is normal. If you go too far from a checkpoint , it will break the game and send you back to the last body you saw to then send you back on the right track.

* [bodies + checkpoints ] : http://i.imgur.com/xMA9BNZ.jpg

MAKE SURE TO UNDERSTAND THIS PART BEFORE ATTEMPTING IT ! When you reach the last body (#10 , southern body ) at the Plane Graveyard , don't approach it immediately , because when you trigger the camera focus on it , you will have 5-6 seconds to reach the bush area next of the crates where i go hide in the video. If you wait for too long you will hear another growl , that means you failed and the game is sending you back into the loops of madness. ( The beast escaped )

Stand in the bush and turn around... Good luck.

After you kill the beast and see the hallucination ends , the beast should now be available in Director mode under the wild animals category. ( use L3 + R3 to swap from Sasquatch to beast )

* [Proof ]: http://imgur.com/mnBBnJd

Edited by MuralDeciphered

StangOne50

I just did this myself and the most important thing I noticed that no one seems to mention is that you need a mic with both earbuds. If you listen very carefully the beast will growl in the side of the mic which is the direction you should travel.

If you use Murals map you can place points of interest marks around your current area, then while listening to the growls you can figure out which POI to head to next.

_P136_
I've just been playing through this part now. I found following the growls not that difficult, and I didn't even use earphones. Some suggestions:
  • Set SettingsAudioMusic Volume to minimum.
  • Set SettingsAudioDialogue Boost to maximum (growling counts as dialogue, or so it seems).
  • As you trigger the growling with Ctrl, moving the mouse left and right changes the pitch slightly, which should make it easy to establish the direction it is coming from.
  • There is a special growl triggered automatically whenever you reach a checkpoint, it's louder and sounds like a gurgle.
  • If there's no response to pressing Ctrl, it means you are near a dead body.
  • When the game registers a body as discovered the camera will pan on it and a regular growl will sound.
  • If you are lost or don't like the direction the game is taking you, just go back to one of the bodies already discovered.
  • I used the cheat code CATCHME to run faster, no problems with that. PAINKILLER (god mode for five minutes) and/or TURTLE (maximum health and armor) can be useful too as in some places it's easy to get hit by a car or roll down from a steep slope (supposedly a mountain animal, how come the Sasquatch sucks so much at climbing?). If you have to deal with some pesky villagers and a police response follows, use LAWYERUP to bring the wanted level down.
  • I didn't use a vehicle: I think it might prevent you from following the path correctly, as can the code for high jumps (HOPTOIT), so I suggest to use neither.
I saved the game just before eating the peyote so that it's easy to restart the mission. I played it four times so far, and three out of four times the game took me on a very direct route to the scrapyard:
  • #1: Hunter → Bridge (tourist) → Freeway Underpass (car) → Silo (mountain lion) → House on Chianski Passage → Hippies → Scrapyard
  • #3: Hunter → Bridge → Silo → Hippies → Scrapyard
  • #4: Hunter → Bridge → Silo → Scrapyard
However, upon attempt #2 things went totally different as the game set me on a sightseeing trip to the lighthouse and then up north past the lake, etc., back to the hunter, back and forth between the tourist under the bridge and the crashed car, and then to the lighthouse again, at which point it wanted me to go to the lake again but I reloaded the saved game instead, which I suggest you do as well if you end up in the same situation, as going to all these places is just a huge waste of time. If you still want to do the circle when asked to do so (might be some novelty value in doing it once), note that the kill at the lake is an animal carcass next to it, nothing in the lake itself; and on the way back you can just take the freeway tunnel.
Attempt #2 was the only time I eventually started using the jump cheat, and it eventually took me nowhere; I suspect jumping too high might have been the cause of this.
At this point you're probably wondering why I went through it four times. Well, the part that has not been easy for me thus far is actually killing that motherf*cking monkey in the end. So far I failed to close the deal the three times I tried. I unleashed all the power of assorted cheat codes on it, to no avail:
  • Weapons (TOOLUP): shooting RPGs at it makes it drop to the ground but then it gets up and keeps fighting as if nothing happened (after 6 hits).
  • Explosive punches and explosive ammo, setting everything on fire (HOTHANDS, HIGHEX, INCENDIARY) seem to have no effect
  • Despite invincibility (PAINKILLER), being thrown to the ground the third time seems to end the hallucination anyway
  • Slow motion (SLOWMO, can be entered multiple times) exhibits some potential: I tried this upon my third attempt. It is deactivated when the fight starts but might be re-entered again; it also got deactivated when I typed TOOLUP.

Has anyone passed this recently (version 1.41)? Were there any changes to the algorithm? From what I've seen and read, I was under the impression that the invincibility cheat would actually work and be enough, or did people do it with a trainer, and not the cheat console? The last time I lost I was not killed, it seemed to me like some time limit running out, and it was only after a minute or two.

So, any strategy suggestions before I try again? Spawn a Buzzard or a Trashmaster? Use a trainer instead of the "official" cheat console?

StangOne50

I did it about 4 months ago. I used a pistol and a knife I picked up along the way.

_P136_

I did it about 4 months ago. I used a pistol and a knife I picked up along the way.

I actually found your video yesterday. Really good idea to avail yourself of the knife. Did you know you did it in just 24 seconds or so, I think? Thanks for showing what's possible. Congratulations!

I finally completed it too, on my 4th attempt but before I made it into the scrapyard again I had to reload and restart from the beginning a couple of times as I ended up being taken on some weird paths. Finally it took me there though, although not directly as I still had to visit Sandy Shores along the way.

My guess is that the route is not purely random but depends on some performance score as well. In any case, it definitely helps to know where the checkpoints are, which is why I made the following map:

7zebp0d.jpg

And a satellite version of it as well:

r3wBjt0.jpg

Link to an album with both: https://imgur.com/a/WIo9k

It's also possible to put all the locations as blips on the in-game map:

TaTOEAT.jpg

Credits:

I just put it all together in one place.

Note: first time posting images here, if they're too large for inline please let me know and I'll edit my post to change them into spoilers or links.

StangOne50

I actually found your video yesterday. Really good idea to avail yourself of the knife. Did you know you did it in just 24 seconds or so, I think? Thanks for showing what's possible. Congratulations!

I finally completed it too, on my 4th attempt but before I made it into the scrapyard again I had to reload and restart from the beginning a couple of times as I ended up being taken on some weird paths. Finally it took me there though, although not directly as I still had to visit Sandy Shores along the way.

My guess is that the route is not purely random but depends on some performance score as well. In any case, it definitely helps to know where the checkpoints are, which is why I made the following map:

Nice bro, I know it can be a pain in the ass lol.

Yea I thought he went down pretty quick too. I thought it was mostly the pistol which I did not have in my first attempts. I should have linked you to my thread instead of the video here. I had made use of the files myself. It was in the video description but if you care to have a look its here.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/891913-bigfoot-vs-the-beast-ps4-no-cheats-no-deaths/

VulcanFanatic

I completed this finally today.took about 5 to 6 tries though. This is one of the most aggravating and time consuming things I've done in the last 4 years of playing this.