2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
dnbfromthe80s

It amazes me how many people...

dnbfromthe80s

...don't utilise player saved outfits when doing heists. Heavy utility vest, battle pants and a bullet proof helmet literally gives you double health and armour and I never see anyone using it. Is it uncommon knowledge?

You can literally blow a grenade up in your hand and survive with this gear on in heists. I don't understand why people don't use this.

Do you use this when doing heists?

Rafae

Of course

Some people just aren't as mentally capable unfortunately

_47_

I don't use heavy armored vests anymore doing heists. They slow you down a lot. Careful movements and patience are the tools I use to survive and complete the heist. I use a lot of body armor and snacks though....

Edited by 4N0M4LY

Khephera

I never see anyone using it.

You won't see me using that either. :p It's really annoying to me being so slow.

BlackMilk

...don't utilise player saved outfits when doing heists. Heavy utility vest, battle pants and a bullet proof helmet literally gives you double health and armour and I never see anyone using it. Is it uncommon knowledge?

You can literally blow a grenade up in your hand and survive with this gear on in heists. I don't understand why people don't use this.

Often enough, sure. But it's not always necessary if people know what they're doing. In fact, if the host has turned on player saved outfits and none of the other three players are using a (what I call and have saved as) heavy combat outfit I won't either because either we're going to fail anyway and there's no point in using it or they're experienced and I don't want to slow them down unnecessarily. I know what I'm doing anyway. I'm even more assured if I see them in such an outfit for a second before changing to something else, because at least that means they're aware of the benefit so they saved it.

And yeah, most of the time player saved outfits isn't even on. I don't get why not because more often than not the host doesn't set our outfits anyway. Might as well let us use our own outfits that we think are appropriate for the mission or that we think look good enough.

Overall though, I would recommend it for most people. Failure can be a bullet away and there's enough bullets flying at you in a lot of the heist missions. So unless you're running with people you think are experienced and smart/careful enough, don't be arrogant and just put it on.

EDIT: Realising that people here (not just the ones with huge egos) are probably better than the average player I've met in GTA:O, just want to clarify by saying that it's a statement to the general GTA:O community. Most of which will not be on this forum, much less reading this thread or this specific post. But you know, the internet is mostly us screaming into the digital void.

Edited by BlackMilk

Prince_Polaris

Well, if the game actually told you that "hey this outfit gives you extra health in heists" then more people would actually know, but it seems to be like a thing where you have to know a guy to find out.

Grumpy-Goat-

I never see anyone using it.

You won't see me using that either. :p It's really annoying to me being so slow.

Same here. I prefer the mobility. Well, I use the stealth vest during heists because it doesn't slow you down. Forget that heavy vest though.

Rafae

Yeah I wish Rockstar made it more clear the advantages it offers

Even though it SHOULD be quite self-explanatory. I mean just look at the fckn thing lol

For seasoned and experienced players I can understand not wearing it but unless you're veteran like at Heists and this game in general I don't see a reason for you not to wear it

The Wandering Hunter

don't need it to rocket bike stunt

P4DR0N3

This isnt really news to people who have played awhile but i can see your point.

To those complaining about mobility, here's another lesser known tip but equally valuable.

Buy a scarf, any scarf. The reason is in the way the game reads your outfit parts.

***Keep in mind this only works until you hit a cutscene (ie. Video in a heist, entering a bldg like your home or office, etc.)

So when you have the saved outfit with the heavy vest on your character and you need mobility, put on your scarf. The game has a problem displaying both the scarf and the vest at the same time, so it will stop displaying the vest (allowing you to Sprint again) while leaving the extra armor protection in place.

So you can still withstand 2 rpgs etc.

This is not something I discovered so check YouTube if you need to see an example.

Edited by P4DR0N3

TankGirl

I stopped wearing heavy armour because it slowed me down too much. Basically I use body armour, have snacks and just proceed with caution.

Pedinhuh

I stopped using those once I got my CMM.

In fact, I stopped heisting altogether, now I only do it to help others(even though I'm broke as funk now...)

ash-274

I use the armor with friends and randoms (with most missions). Damned if I'm going to be the one to cause a failure because a lucky NPC catches me between cover or snacks.

However, Rockstar has wiped my outfits so many times it's hard to remember to check before accepting a heist invite and sometimes I don't have one at the time we start. Every update (including this one) has removed as few as 1 and as many as "all" of my saved outfit since last July. Not just illegally fun ones like the Cop or Mask/Hat combos, but even a saved copy of the Heists Utility outfit and other perfectly-legitimate combinations of clothes.

Edited by ash-274

louisplasta

I don't use heavy armored vests anymore doing heists. They slow you down a lot. Careful movements and patience are the tools I use to survive and complete the heist. I use a lot of body armor and snacks though....

interaction menu>style>accessories>equip scarf or necklace

AmyStone

Most people I meet in the game don't know about the heist heavy armour. Even really hight ranks. So I think most don't bother doing player saved outfits because they have no idea of the advantage.

Does that still work? I thought they fixed it ages go. It stopped working for me. Can't put on a scarf now.

louisplasta

Most people I meet in the game don't know about the heist heavy armour. Even really hight ranks. So I think most don't bother doing player saved outfits because they have no idea of the advantage.

Does that still work? I thought they fixed it ages go. It stopped working for me. Can't put on a scarf now.

i bought all those scarfs and necklaces already so im not so sure which one wouldn't do the trick

it's not fixed though

AmyStone

Which scarf do you pick?

AUScowboy

B&M.

PNutterSammich

I don't need heavy armor, I have a full bar of AMAZEBALLS to keep me from dying!

kenmy13999

Don't use it because it slows you down, yet you use careful movements and patience, doesn't seem like you're any faster without it if you ask me..

wei wei

... it's because some players rather look fashionable, than functionable.

Prince_Polaris

Well, if the game actually told you that "hey this outfit gives you extra health in heists" then more people would actually know, but it seems to be like a thing where you have to know a guy to find out.

To expand on my earlier idea, the game does not ever tell you that the Heist Heavy Armor boosts your health until you have it selected in the heist "pick an outfit" screen. Then, it will finally say, "this outfit boosts your health and limits your speed" or something like that. I don't even think it tells you in the clothes store, but I might be wrong there.

SoDank_ItPainsMe

I can't believe people still play the same heists over and over and over again either.

Cool Username

What amazes me, instead, is people who don't know that pants make absolutely no difference, but still open really bait-y cliffhanger-y titled, common knowledge filled topics...

Joking aside, you really told'em, man. Nice going!

(them = people who'll never read this forum and will never search anything about heists, a 2-years-old content)

AndyC-M

ill be honest, I didn't think it actually made an ounce of difference do ive never bothered with it, although when my character is in military mode then ye, boots, cargo pants and a black jacket make up my chars appearance.

its similar to that of vehicle armour, ive never bothered with any of that either, maybe I should...

Shadowfennekin

Well I don't use it much anymore cause it just slows me down, and allows Rambo McRambopants to run on ahead of me and get shot full of holes.

I just scarf down snacks quickly and keep on going if I need to. Refueling after every few setups

Sky_Light12

well i love wearing the vest in shootout (except stealth) , because my role in team to "tanking most shot" so the other guys wouldn't die

Nasty Noodles

Because it's not fashionable? Why would I wear big bulking armour when I can wear a red flashy suit and look cool?

yeh I hate it when people don't wear armour too, simple in and out when your're armoured up, it's not a damn fashion show.

Edited by Nasty Noodles

SHADOW OPS

People are clueless. Just like how they don't bail out when they hear my beep.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

People honestly are always better off with the heavy utility vest regardless if they care about playing safe though.

ill be honest, I didn't think it actually made an ounce of difference do ive never bothered with it, although when my character is in military mode then ye, boots, cargo pants and a black jacket make up my chars appearance.

its similar to that of vehicle armour, ive never bothered with any of that either, maybe I should...

These days you will be blown up faster without armor on vehicles because heavy sniper...as for the vest, you can survive an explosion in it.