3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

irish.chr

Insurgent Pick-Up Custom Discussion Thread

Spectre "2K"

I'm really hoping the reduced explosive res is only something they did for the gunrunning version and not the one you mod yourself

GLTh3Pr0

I'm really hoping the reduced explosive res is only something they did for the gunrunning version and not the one you mod yourself

Do you mean for the one used in the missions? It technically is the same vehicle, so I wouldn't expect the durability to be different.

Anyway, according to weapons.meta the "cal. 50 minigun" performs exactly in the same way as any other one in the game (like the Valkyrie's or the Technical Custom's), which is a real shame since it's actually a different model.

MitchMaljers

That pile of sh*t Technical is now upgradable at the MOC but the Insurgent Pickup isn't... typical Rockstar.

BigBrother67

That pile of sh*t Technical is now upgradable at the MOC but the Insurgent Pickup isn't... typical Rockstar.

:angry: Wow they are gonna drag this sh!t out!

_47_

so...Insurgent Pickup Next Week! Right!? RIGHT?! RIGHT!!!!?!?!?!

Anyone?

RyuNova

Nine hundred and ninety five thousand for a f*cking Weapon/Vehicle Workshop Upgrade? You can f*cking sit and swivel on that Rockstar. I already spent over a million on the Pick-Up, another million on the bunker, another million top of that for the truck and now you want another million just so I can upgrade one vehicle.

Nah bruh, we good.

Edited by RyuNova

JoonasPRKL

cY2JG6h.jpg

LvBhVOx.jpg

TjMWMEl.jpg

kqi4g21.jpg

4rbUKQ4.jpg

Prince_Polaris

I just bought the Pegasus Insurgent Pickup, cause I'm gonna get the custom when it comes out! Does someone have a video of that cool triangle minigun?

20170719183950_1.jpg

Foreverpast

My garages, including my CEO office garage consists entirely of every armored PV & new Armed PVs.

I've got an open spot waiting for this beauty right next to my recently added Karin Technical Custom. :lol:

I wouldn't guarantee it's coming out next week, given we just got the KTC.

Likely we will see one of the other new super/sports, possibly even the Ardent...which technically is a civilian car with machine guns.

I'd imagine R* will space out the 2 remaining fully armored & armed PVs: IPU Custom & Night Shark.

Edited by Foreverpast

THC

I'm pretty sure we'll be getting 4 things to research with this like we did with the Technical. I also wanna give a big thanks to Amy Vinewood for bringing this out to use for contact missions. In my opinion this vehicle is the best for missions if you got people with you. Still though, I don't think this should've been a drip feed vehicle.

Amy Vinewood

I'm pretty sure we'll be getting 4 things to research with this like we did with the Technical. I also wanna give a big thanks to Amy Vinewood for bringing this out to use for contact missions. In my opinion this vehicle is the best for missions if you got people with you. Still though, I don't think this should've been a drip feed vehicle.

Yes, 4 items to research.

Your bunker caddy is the best vehicle. More op than a Faggio, and thats saying something

ScooterEightyTwo

I guess this new Custom verison of the Insurgent means that the customised verison for Moving Target is no longer such an oddity. No doubt we'll be seeing worse in freemode in a short while.

-Vr1maN-PEK4UXahA7Lq6Q_0_0.jpg

GLTh3Pr0

Just curious, may anybody test the Rhino shell resistance? The durability was proven to be lower than the unarmored one's, and that one can only survive 4 shells before blowing up.

The Chosen Undead

I kinda want it.

Solid Scorpion

^ There's no kinda about it. You DO want it. We all do.

irish.chr

I want it, I just don't want it to be next. I'd prefer the Torero.

THC

Torero, Insurgent, and Nightshark is all I really want. The Ardent and XA-21 are meh to me.

GTAUrbanCamping

Insurgents are my favorite, esp when players rock it back and forth with sticky bombs

Black-Dragon96

Torero, Insurgent, and Nightshark is all I really want. The Ardent and XA-21 are meh to me.

Yeah im on the same boat. These three are all i want.

Prince_Polaris

I do, I saved up 1.4 million to blow on it C:

Hopefully I have some left after customizing it....

Edited by Prince_Polaris

We Are Ninja

The custom version isn't out yet? Because I'm pretty sure I fought one in free roam last night on PS4. No idea how. It had a red/brown livery, chrome off road wheels and Atomic tires. It had those 80's vents over the windows. I couldn't take out the driver, but the gunner was pretty exposed as long as he wasn't coming straight at you.

Edited by We Are Ninja

Fulkinini

Just a picture from far before the Gunrunning update :)

When one had Savages and Hydras as backup, instead of flying rocket bikes..

original.jpg

Prince_Polaris

The custom version isn't out yet? Because I'm pretty sure I fought one in free roam last night on PS4. No idea how. It had a red/brown livery, chrome off road wheels and Atomic tires. It had those 80's vents over the windows. I couldn't take out the driver, but the gunner was pretty exposed as long as he wasn't coming straight at you.

........I'm gonna check.

Nope :(

20170725152135_1.jpg20170725152214_1.jpg

We Are Ninja

The guy I encountered came after me for a good half hour with a modified one. I saw that thing from a lot of angles... The gun on top had a good amount of armor in front of it making the gunner harder to hit from the front. The guy he was with also had a god-mode-esque Elegy Retro Custom that ate 5-6 rockets head-on before it finally exploded. -_-

Edited by We Are Ninja

DBrasco

I think it's available. You need to unlock it first through research in order to be able to obtain it.

coelacanth72

I'm callin bullsh*t those were modders

Foreverpast

Go to the Warstock website & hover over the buy button of the Insurgent Pickup.

Even if you already have the Insurgent Pickup, it would tell you if it's modifiable in the MOC.

Since that alert doesn't appear, it's not available yet.

It's the same thing with the Karin Technical Custom, but that's out now so the alert is there when you hover over the purchase option.

^Regardless if you own the Pegasus version already or not.

We seem to be getting a drip feed vehicle every Tuesday, so it's obviously not this week.

Edited by Foreverpast

THC

So looking at this further, it only gets two things to research, heavy armor plating and the minigun. But now i'm a little annoyed, the gunner can't have separate protection from the driver. You need the heavy armor plating to give the gunner full protection but the driver can't use sh*t. Oh f*ck this heavy armor plating better be useful for the driver and not some stupid cosmetic sh*t.

Mattoropael

So looking at this further, it only gets two things to research, heavy armor plating and the minigun. But now i'm a little annoyed, the gunner can't have separate protection from the driver. You need the heavy armor plating to give the gunner full protection but the driver can't use sh*t. Oh f*ck this heavy armor plating better be useful for the driver and not some stupid cosmetic sh*t.

At least the windscreen is BP, fixing the biggest weakness of the Insurgent family, and the driver will still have proxy mines to play with. Shame about the side/rear plating if they're really cosmetic though.

Edited by Mattoropael

Snapadoodle

At least the windscreen is BP, fixing the biggest weakness of the Insurgent family, and the driver will still have proxy mines to play with. Shame about the side/rear plating if they're really cosmetic though.

That's good to hear about the windshield. I think how I'll roll with the insurgent custom is

Solo: Use no armor plating, toss sticky bombs for days.

Rolling with a friend: Heavy plating, just drop proxy mines, ram, and let gunner do the rest.

I think using the medium plating as a compromise between the two kinda sucks because you can only use an AP pistol, but from what I've read the medium armor is all cosmetic.