3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Natsuki

Insurgent Pick-Up Custom Discussion Thread

Natsuki

Is this out and ready to buy? How are people getting it?

PC players are spawning it in Single Player.

There is also a glitch with the MOC to save the ones you get from the gunrunning jobs.

Hécate-II

Had to post it. I'm pissed I can't do the same with my Pegasus Pick Up Insurgent.

274876CustominsurgentAAtrailer.png

Skeve613

Wish this thing would get released already. This would be fun in missions, hopefully we can use it in the heist missions too.

I'm gonna make mine jet black like the rest of my military vehicles.

Should be able to. I'm dead certain the reason we can't have the APC and Oppressor as PVs is because rockstar has decided they don't want us having a true cannon/explosive round weapon on a PV, and even moreso the Oppressor can shave minutes off of a heist/setup (shark cards).

Disallowing the APC I'm entirely ok with, but blocking us from using the Oppressor is a bit cheeky- but then again it would make a real weird mockery of heists/setups which are supposed to be about teamwork, to always see at least 1 person fly away at the start of most of them.

I'd say it's already made a mockery of so many things in this game :lol:

Natsuki

Can a PC player answer this.

What does the stock version look like after taking it into the MOC? Does it look like the normal pegasus version, or does it have added armour by default?

Commander S

What does the stock version look like after taking it into the MOC? Does it look like the normal pegasus version, or does it have added armour by default?

Well, not a PC player, but I've seen the full MOC workshop options for it - when you upgrade it, it gets the light armour option as standard, but you can revert that to 'no armour', which restores the original look:

THC

Well, not a PC player, but I've seen the full MOC workshop options for it - when you upgrade it, it gets the light armour option as standard, but you can revert that to 'no armour', which restores the original look:

I saw some camos that need to be researched, oh no not that again... Im gonna be getting camos to research instead of the cool sh*t.

KiTTYReCkless

Only complaint I have is no option for primary color on the fenders. :c

cJCvtxG.jpg

Side note only two things are research locked for me (PS4) and those are the last Armor upgrade (Window cutouts with plates on both front and back on the gunner. I personally do not like them, because you can't use weapons while in the cab) and a gunner upgrade to a minigun. You can also store it in any garage and is no different than any other PV, with exception that it can only be modified in your MOC . Cost 20K to replace and can take around 10 explosives( sometimes more).

Edited by KiTTYReCkless

Forza Harrd

Do u still need a second person to operate the gun?

You do.

This is why I don't feel bad about my old SUV Insurgent. I'm a lone wolf, that gun would be useless to me.

SickBoy

Do u still need a second person to operate the gun?

You do.

This is why I don't feel bad about my old SUV Insurgent. I'm a lone wolf, that gun would be useless to me.

It'd be good for an ambush if you can plan it well enough, especially with the maximum armour plating upgrade, and I've always preferred the Pick-Up just for the look, I'd remove the gun entirely if that were an option.

JoonasPRKL
XqL1VUc.jpg

Carter4point8

cJCvtxG.jpg

Side note only two things are research locked for me (PS4) and those are the last Armor upgrade (Window cutouts with plates on both front and back on the gunner. I personally do not like them, because you can't use weapons while in the cab) and a gunner upgrade to a minigun. You can also store it in any garage and is no different than any other PV, with exception that it can only be modified in your MOC . Cost 20K to replace and can take around 10 explosives( sometimes more).

Wait a second.... Is it out yet?

Natsuki

cJCvtxG.jpg

No.

Carter4point8

cJCvtxG.jpg

No.

Ah, okay.

CrysisAverted

What if we have to repurchase the technical and insurgent pick-up and have it delivered to our garage before we can customize, quick someone drop some dough!

_47_

"Throws GTA dollars at the monitor" Take me!!!!

Natsuki

What if we have to repurchase the technical and insurgent pick-up and have it delivered to our garage before we can customize, quick someone drop some dough!

Nope, you take the pegasus version in the MOC then pay a conversion fee. Just like Benny's.

TrueKirito

So the conversion is done the the MOC? and after that it becomes a personal vehicle?

Natsuki

So the conversion is done the the MOC? and after that it becomes a personal vehicle?

Yes.

riotvision

Safety Orange FF6900

nbL7tZP.jpg?1

6e4QGbl.jpg?1

Tnnj5IF.jpg?1

"OXYMORON"

Ribsey

$202,500 is not bad. It's $1,552,500 with the "heist price" of $1,350,000 or $1,797,500 for the "full price" of $1,795,000.

It's like the Tampa but with four seats and better protection. I'll never regret buying the Pick-up.

Spectre143

Been part of the Insurgent Custom and Technical Custom early access club since last week:

uxQyxVdHEEOWhwO9CGHLkg_0_0.jpg

M-xMvLwWdkOgcmBuVphOfg_0_0.jpg

I just fell in love my personal "Land Battleship". There really is no point on keeping the Transport version after you get this beast.

Starkoji

Is there even any reason to own the regular Insurgent anymore after this is released? I may sell mine.

Nick1020

Only if you got a friend using the turret. Insurgent sticky bomb combo is better. But it does look cool though.

Mattoropael

Is there even any reason to own the regular Insurgent anymore after this is released? I may sell mine.

Insurgent SUV can repair at LSC while the pickup custom can only do so at your bunker, garages or MOC. It also has better protection against bullets if you want to leave the pickup's windows unarmored for sticky rampages.

Other than those two or the remaining cool factor, not really.

Spectre143

Don't think so.

Pick-up Custom is an upgrade in every aspect. The only issue you might find is in case you are a solo player, I would advise avoiding the Heavy Armor window plates upgrade since it prevents you from using your weapons if you sit inside. Use the Medium Armor plates instead.

Ohh... and the Custom version can't be repaired on LSC. You can only repair it by driving into garages or the MOC.

To have an idea how they look, mine is using Heavy Armor and KiTTYReCkless's is using Medium Armor. None of them will give you reliable protection from NPCs however.

Edited by Spectre143

SickBoy

cJCvtxG.jpg

What's the Secondary and Pearl on this? It looks excellent

Ribsey

Another reason is that the turret means you have less overhead clearance. It's a minor reason but it's caught some people out!

el carlitos

No MOC = no Insurgent Pick-Up Custom?

RyuNova

I was expecting more to convert it.

KingBen

Been part of the Insurgent Custom and Technical Custom early access club since last week:

uxQyxVdHEEOWhwO9CGHLkg_0_0.jpg

M-xMvLwWdkOgcmBuVphOfg_0_0.jpg

I just fell in love my personal "Land Battleship". There really is no point on keeping the Transport version after you get this beast.

How can we get this early?