3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CaliMeatWagon

Jobuilt Phantom Custom Appreciation Thread

Goingcrowd9

Haven't used my Hauler custom on my second character recently, because I'm too busy making money on my main character, but I do like it.

Agree Phantom is more usefull than Hauler, but when just freeroaming a power-sliding truck can be verry fun :D.

Edited by Goingcrowd9

HOONART

cdH2KuS.jpg

HeatproofLemur

cdH2KuS.jpg

Exactly what I do when I just get bored and want to mess around, although I deliberately aim for pantos and bikes, futos are fun to chuck around because there so light, it's specifically what I bought my insurgent and DOD for, then I tried this beast, i love it.

SHOKKERZ91

Guess Hydras want to hug my wonderful Phantom.

JVMDM9Y.gif

tommyguns

Guess Hydras want to hug my wonderful Phantom.

JVMDM9Y.gif

Mine saved me last night too. When I spawned Into a new session a jet was buzzing around, so I called my phantom. Sure enough, here it comes and the road erupts in explosions. Which barely shook the mighty phantom, I carried on, stopped under a bridge as it came for a second pass, then made it into a high rise car park. Stationed myself on the top floor & out came the explosive sniper, after a couple of mins I got my chance...miss, miss, bullseye!!!

And like a proper little tryhard they flew off to zancudo to steal another lazer in passive. They had been back in the city for less than a couple mins, when I put another explosive round into their shiny new lazer.

...... .....

I'm only just starting to appreciate the Phantom. When I got my bunker and checked the moc out, I saw the hefty extra fee for the hauler & wondered what extras it had to justify that price. So I looked at a couple of comparison vids and realised you were actually getting an inferior truck for paying out all that extra cash.

But apart from upgrading to MK2 weapons, and upgrading a Tampa, I didn't bother with the moc. Until recently, when I decided to give it a try for hunting oppressors. First thing that struck me was it's speed, I was shocked how quick this thing was compared to a regular semi truck. As I used it to swat oppressor tryhard after oppressor tryhard, I really got to like and appreciate it. Turning at speed can be....interesting ;) but with liberal use of the handbrake and touch on the regular break, I can wrestle it round pretty well now.

Edited by tommyguns

Duckdude001

This thing is the true definition of a vehicle sleeper. And no one expects a phantom to resist that much punishment either! One of the best purchases in this game. Its one of my fav vehicles. Unfortunately I found out the vigilante with the boost activated chucks this thing around like nothing :/

Edited by Duckdude001

tommyguns

This thing is the true definition of a vehicle sleeper. And no one expects a phantom to resist that much punishment either! One of the best purchases in this game. Its one of my fav vehicles. Unfortunately I found out the vigilante with the boost activated chucks this thing around like nothing :/

Depends on the situation. I went at a vig, I was at maybe 90% speed, they boosted at me when I was a little over half a block away...my Phantom was scooted off course from 12 to 2 o'clock, the vig ended up flipped onto it's roof.

Every time they tried to right it, I flipped it back onto it's roof. After a couple mins of that, they climbed out and I headshot them with my trusty AP.

Took the opportunity to refresh my phantom, but they steered clear of me after that.

The keys were that I was near top speed & hit them head on.

Duckdude001

/\ True. I really wish the phantom wedge could be customized and have armour too, maybe not moc-truck armour but similar to its mission version since right now the phantom custom is almost completely superior to phantom wedge besides having less stopping power. And having two big beasts of burden would be nice. I could just call up my phantom wedge custom when the phantom custom is smoking and continue my rampage and when the wedge is smoking I repeat the process by calling the phantom custom.

Edited by Duckdude001

MeisterJazz

How much damage can this thing take?

Duckdude001

Same amount as the hauler custom. Not sure how much specifically, I think Gaffa has a chart that showcases the durability of it in the hunter appreciation thread I think. But its one tough sumbtch I tell ya! Edited by Duckdude001

Hector Tavares

Roughly 12 RPGs, or around 7 seconds of constant Explosive cannon fire, or around 6,000 Minigun rounds, or around 13 sticky bombs. Glass is bullet-resistant, taking around 10-15 bullets to shatter.

Duckdude001

Roughly 12 RPGs, or around 7 seconds of constant Explosive cannon fire, or around 6,000 Minigun rounds, or around 13 sticky bombs. Glass is bullet-resistant, taking around 10-15 bullets to shatter. Im pretty sure those stats are for a unoccupied phantom custom, since mine always survives ALOT more explosives than that. Either way, a much better investment than a phantom wedge or hauler custom. Edited by Duckdude001

delorianlazarus

It's about to become one of my favorites.

It's looks so innocent and so impractical, with its huge size and blocky look... But it's fast, and it's strong enough to make everyone trying to kill you think you hack.

I'm not a truck person, and I love small and agile cars. So I don't feel comfortable making this animal my daily ride.

But when freeroam turns into open war, this is better than the Nightshark when I want to cross downtown LS without going into passive.

100% survival chances vs unorganized dudes who shoot on sight.

Pedinhuh

This is legitmately the BEST sleeper vehicle in the game, it's f*cking OP without having any weapons and has standard Windows which is hilarious!

And the sheer fact that this makes those jet mosquitoes run to save theirselves is worth the money.

Also, Haulage with this bitch is a piece of cake, nobody can stop you XD

Shame I HAVE to buy the MOC too if I want to own it, an extra million spent that I barely use.

Edited by Pedinhuh

Duckdude001

This is legitmately the BEST sleeper vehicle in the game, it's f*cking OP without having any weapons and has standard Windows which is hilarious!

And the sheer fact that this makes those jet mosquitoes run to save theirselves is worth the money.

Also, Haulage with this bitch is a piece of cake, nobody can stop you XD

Shame I HAVE to buy the MOC too if I want to own it, an extra million spent that I barely use.

I sometimes start up haulage and grab the trailer to avoid paying insurance for vehicles and for going into pvp warzones. (the trailer is invincible to explosives so it soaks up all the damage from the rear and rear sides to give even more chances of survival. This truck is a fking monster. Its interesting how no one made a hauler custom appreciation thread yet lol. Edited by Duckdude001

No Use For A Name

A f*cking ton. I unloaded an entire Oppressor on one, along with several strafes and missiles from my friends Hydra, along with several explosive sniper rounds.

Final score, 3-0 him, and his Phantom never even blew up.

Btw its bullsh*t he can shoot through the back of the cab and hit me, but I cant shoot through the back of the cab and hit him

HeatproofLemur

Is it me or does anyone else think it looks like a Mack Superliner?

Mattoropael

Another day, another kill-on-sight fool destroyed. (Yes, this one was in a cop car for some reason)

I'm almost always the polite guy who never shoot first (even though I'm just baiting them into thinking I'm good prey), so these guys thoroughly deserve what they got.

MTbH55i.jpg

Edited by Mattoropael

l-800-KILLZ

Did you guys know that the Phantom MOC truck is based off the truck that hauls KITT in Knigh Rider? The dickheads at rockstar didn't have to make the triailer 12 feet wide but once again... they're dickheads and make everygood thing suck in one way. Even the flat nose truck was featured in the show.

SMC-93

As beast as this truck is, be warned (those who don't know) it can only handle 2 shots from the AA flak gun with the 3rd destroying it.

l-800-KILLZ

As beast as this truck is, be warned (those who don't know) it can only handle 2 shots from the AA flak gun with the 3rd destroying it.

That's such a rare thing to see in the streets but it's something I'm gonna keep that in mind I use my Phantom as my main mode of transportation along with the buzzard and hydra.

SMC-93

That's such a rare thing to see in the streets but it's something I'm gonna keep that in mind I use my Phantom as my main mode of transportation along with the buzzard and hydra.

I rarely see them myself unless I'm the one operating it.

Pedinhuh

To be fair, the flak guns of the AA trailer have the strongest damage per round in the whole game, it straight destroys anything in its crosshairs under 3 shots.

But thanks to how uneffective it is to kill jets with it, there aren't many around, plus it's too easy to destroy it.

SMC-93

To be fair, the flak guns of the AA trailer have the strongest damage per round in the whole game, it straight destroys anything in its crosshairs under 3 shots.

But thanks to how uneffective it is to kill jets with it, there aren't many around, plus it's too easy to destroy it.

If you have it being towed by a passive driver you can still shoot the gun and it (seemingly) becomes immune to all but "environmental" damage. If the driver is passive the trailer can't be destroyed by incoming missiles, it will only kill the operator.

RyuNova

PSA - The Phantom without the trailer can carry FIVE people.

Two in the cab, two sat on the steps on the side and one sat on the Hitch at the back.

Mattoropael

Someone spawned the SP car trailer in one of my sessions. Naturally, we took it and drove it through some of the most ridiculous roads for a big truck.

e0E9Uh2.jpg

Obsequey1

Without having a trailer. You can drive the cab/truck through Vespucci Canals and Zancudo River

RyuNova

Nothing stops this Beast, I dont even pull the Trailer, just dump it and drive the Cab.

I said before but it solves nearly every problem I have witrh driving in GTA.

Police - f*ck you coming through
Suicidal NPC's drivers - Chooo choo motherf*ckers
Other players - HA! You have no power here!
AI Enemies - Your broken bodies feed my wheels.

NOTHING! will stop me from delivering my Amazon Dildos.

Edited by RyuNova

Blackangel66686

dead goon

imLuF42QrkSloD0HVuAyHw_0_0.jpg

81q3m1woxkeIDYzGMe6OOg_0_0.jpg