Take Two vs. Modding

GooD-NTS

Hey @Take2 @StraussZelnick

Ahhhh

I see you are a man of Torrent-Culture as well.

• Like 4

I feel like this is a preemptive strike, in advance of the GTA 6 release. this is allegedly R*'s last update ( dlc) for the game. anyway, I've been gaming since the Novalogic Delta Force days. modded the sh*t out of that game too. just for fun, check out the novalogic website to see how well they're doing. funny thing is, they can't really do sh*t about it. open iv still works with the current ( pre-update june 13th ) so f*ck, just don't update your game.

like I said, I feel like this was a message, not about 5, but the upcoming release of 6. idk, could be wrong. wouldn't be the first time.

and why aren't people spamming the sh*t out of rockstar and take2's twitter feed ?

• Like 2

This is absurd.

I hope that, if OpenIV is gone for good, the dev would just have the source code "accidentally stolen" by someone and made available again under a different name

I mean someone hacked into the computers and stole the source code, OpenIV has nothing to do with that

InfamousSabre

So now the only way to use mods is to get a pirated version of the game, so you can permanently keep it at a version compatible with the last OpenIV.

I'd say Take Two shot themselves in the leg. Twice.

Not really. OpenIV doesn't usually need updates to support new patches. And if it did, you now have the choice to not update. https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/gtavlauncherbypass

• Like 2

Hey @Take2 @StraussZelnick

-snip-

As much as I appreciate this, the forum doesn't allow any sort of warez discussion. I'd remove it for your own sake.

I wonder what comments The Benz has?

Probably that they are taking the wrong desicion. But who cares about him if he is not in Rockstar anymore.

Probably GTA VI is comming with Denuvo strapped onto it like a tumor. (dont take me wrong, its just a way of calling it) so sh*t2 and have extra moneys. Or maybe its Online only. No Story, no Nothing other than online and buying shark cards. Why? Because it produces more money.

• Like 3

I honestly believe they have no clue what OpenIV is. It's like they're special ops at a hostage situation, but instead of shooting the criminal, they shoot the getaway driver and let the criminal escape elsewhere whilst being distracted.

Take-Two, you absolute noncebags.

• Like 2

burger_mike

Greedy sh*theads (but it's gonna loae them sales on PC 🤔), I really doubt R* is on board with this, hopefully they do something.

Edited by Roger Cheeto
  • Like 2

ezgif-4-5f3b587d5a.jpg

What is this absolute cr*p? We are NOT interfering with how the online works and we are NOT re-distributing content that they have made?!?!?!?! WHAT IS YOUR DEAL TAKE TWO AND R*?

Also, look at my name xD

• Like 3

This only affects GTA 5 and not previous games right?

Attaching to this question, it's not clear to be honest.

Rockstar really needs to break away from Take Two. They're f*cking ruining them...

• Like 9

oCrapaCreeper

If Rockstar/Take-Two spent even 5 minutes investigating how cheats in GTA Online actually work, they would realize OpenIV is NOT what people use to be a script kiddy in online. Absolutely horrendous.

This only affects GTA 5 and not previous games right?

Attaching to this question, it's not clear to be honest.

IV, EFLC, MP3, V.

However, on old versions, just turn your internet off - it by-passes the update.

• Like 4

DangerZ0neX

This is a head scratcher. OpenIV does a lot more than give us tools for playing in SP, but the GTA machinima channels use it to create content. Ugh, what a mess.

f*ck, Duggy's Machinimas are basically over, and that guy is my absolute favorite Youtuber.

Seriously, f*ck Taketwo, I'm not even buying RDR2 anymore because of how greedy their c*nt of a CEO is. Sadly, this won't do jack sh*t, diehard Online fanboys and retarded redditors will still gobble Rockstar's and Taketwo's dick for decades. Some of them will ignore this happened since they believe it doesn't matter because it didn't affect them, and others will unleash their inner shill and defend Taketwo's scummy actions to the death.

What a load of rubbish.

• Like 10

Quinn_flower

R* wants money and r* is just Being greedy now

• Like 1

Well, someone really didn't like the backlash on the support page.

hCglonv.png

• Like 7

BS_BlackScout

Went overboard with the post. Thanks for editing I guess?

Hey guys, look at my new profile picture.

• Like 3

oCrapaCreeper

Let's see how their RDR 2 sales turn out because of this folly.

RDR 2 sales won't be affected at all because of this, be realistic. There's not even a PC version set to be released yet, they will make millions and perhaps even billions off the console versions alone.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

MeatSafeMurderer

Well...ain't this a big f*ck you.
@GooD-NTS Thank you for all the work you guys put in over the years...and I'm sorry it had to end like this.