Take Two vs. Modding

GooD-NTS

futureproof

Guys, remember two years ago?

-snip-

How times have changed...

Thing is, Rockstar has nothing to do with it. It's all coming from T2 and Rockstar has no word on this. They actively support singleplayer modding and they have been seen showcasing modded screenshots and videos before.

Supporting is a big word. They just didn't care as long as you didn't touch online.

• Like 2

So now the only way to use mods is to get a pirated version of the game, so you can permanently keep it at a version compatible with the last OpenIV.

I'd say Take Two shot themselves in the leg. Twice.

• Like 10

Press S to spit on Zelnick's eye

S

Press M for mountain lion to eat his face off

M

-Made by Sledgehammer Games.
  • Like 1

Sussus Amongus

There better be a new thread simulator on this.

• Like 2

Sunrise Driver

Welp, that's a firm nail in the coffin for all my future machinima projects that was using OpenIV extensively.

You can still use it. Or no?

btw, thoses guys can go f# off, i will not uninstall OPEN IV

I use GTAV Mod Manager already, so the mods i use arent in the game folder, and if i have to unplug my internet to play thoses "safly" then i will do that.

take2 can dream to see me stop use mod.

• Like 3

MonoChrome213

I'm truly shocked. They just f***ed the whole community of one of the most selling and famous videogame franchises.

Well...

At least we can still mod classic GTA's...

• Like 1

Bitch Ass Bullshit

@Good-NTS dude..there are a lot of grammar mistakes.This is fake.Why you close OPENIV when that letter is fake?

usually you get c&d letters in your native language, so good probably translated it from russian when posting.

No Way he translated it. He already said there is a grammar mistake. I also doubt the authenticity of this. At least he should give us a day or two before blocking the program, not just at the time of declaring the news. I am beginning to call this Bitch Ass Bullsh*t.

Guys, block the program in firewall to continue using it.

Sunrise Driver

Removing GTA V from Steam wishlist.

Not buying PS4 version when I have PS4 so could play hacker-free Online.

Not interested in RDR3.

C* and Turd2 lost the last little sane minds they had.

• Like 10

I'm literally baffled and appalled that something like this could happen. Maybe Take Two didn't realize how much of an impact and how widely used OpenIV was in modding? Rockstar have many times expressed support of the modding community. Is it possible that Rockstar didn't even know about this C&D and could it be possible that Rockstar could do something about this? I mean, it feels like the community in this scenario could be absolutely helpless. Like, this isn't like when Valve did paid mods then saw all the feed back, this is a private matter between Take Two, a parent company, and the creator of mod software. f*ck me. This is real bad.

• Like 5

I'm literally baffled and appalled that something like this could happen. Maybe Take Two didn't realize how much of an impact and how widely used OpenIV was in modding? Rockstar have many times expressed support of the modding community. Is it possible that Rockstar didn't even know about this C&D and could it be possible that Rockstar could do something about this? I mean, it feels like the community in this scenario could be absolutely helpless. Like, this isn't like when Valve did paid mods then saw all the feed back, this is a private matter between Take Two, a parent company, and the creator of mod software. f*ck me. This is real bad.

take2 knew full well how powerful OpenIV was

Can we all change our avatars to this?

fuck_T2.png

I am on my phone but will change my avatar to that as soon as i get on my laptop

I am a console player but i played GTA4 with mods and i saw GTA5 mods and i think this is absolutely stupid.

• Like 3

...don't forget Rockstar literally used modded GTA IV footage for some of GTA V's in-game TV content. It looks like iCEnhancer 2.0, the creator of which used OpenIV to modify textures for it. Yeah, Rockstar literally used OpenIV in some capacity.

The GTACars mod tool for GTA1 was also used for GTA London development, and I seem to recall a GTA3 mod tool being used for Vice City too (possibly a handling editor?).

EncryptedReality

Why do i get the feeling this happened partly because of Benz leaving... they've changed drastically since then

WTF!? I enjoy GTA III, VC, SA and IV Complete modding. It was to have high quality assets in 2001 game where file formats are very know and plenty mod tools to use it.

Now I think Big Companies should buy Rockstar Studios from Take Two fa**ots.

• Like 3

Gnocchi Flip Flops

There goes me ever considering V for PC lmao. And any respect I had left for Take-Two is completely gone now.

• Like 7

BS_BlackScout

Strauss Zelnick you're a f*cking f*ck.

That's ridiculous. Here's what he's making me think at this moment:

Most (not all) businessman are f*cking disgusting capitalist bastards that run over anyone's decisions, ideals or wishes. All they give a f*ck/care about is your money.

They don't care about you. In fact if you were dangerous to their business and they could/had somehow the right kill you, they would do.

*end rant*

• Like 10

GTA BELGIUM

f*ck take two f*ck the corporations bro

• Like 1

tRSmCi4.gif

T2: Alright, the mod tools are gone, now let's shut down and get rid of the modding community to prevent further modding!

*stares at GTAForums*

You're next.

• Like 5

I feel like this is a preemptive strike, in advance of the GTA 6 release. this is allegedly R*'s last update ( dlc) for the game. anyway, I've been gaming since the Novalogic Delta Force days. modded the sh*t out of that game too. just for fun, check out the novalogic website to see how well they're doing. funny thing is, they can't really do sh*t about it. open iv still works with the current ( pre-update june 13th ) so f*ck, just don't update your game.

like I said, I feel like this was a message, not about 5, but the upcoming release of 6. idk, could be wrong. wouldn't be the first time.

and to think Jim Sterling made a video about take two's greed few weeks ago

• Like 2

You know you lot can fight back. Instead of making pointless petitions you can spread the latest OpenIV. TakeTwo doesn't want it to be spread, f*ck them and make tons of link mirrors and pass them about. Make a torrent so it can never go down.

Hey @Take2 @StraussZelnick

-snip-

As much as I appreciate this, the forum doesn't allow any sort of warez discussion. I'd remove it for your own sake.

I wonder what comments The Benz has?

• Like 3