Take Two vs. Modding

GooD-NTS

The saddest part in all this is that the modding community is not even a half of the PC player base, which itself is a minority, so I really doubt they will feel the backlash.

Edited by Claude_Lib
  • Like 5

This is a head scratcher. OpenIV does a lot more than give us tools for playing in SP, but the GTA machinima channels use it to create content. Ugh, what a mess.

@Good-NTS dude..there are a lot of grammar mistakes.This is fake.Why you close OPENIV when that letter is fake?

• Like 3

You know what? I bet you that this is fake. You know how easy it would be to send a fake letter "from Take Two"?

Take Two wouldn't leave tons of grammer errors. I think you guys should ignore it. Don't let some dumbass kid stop this project.

I should add that Take Two can't do sh*t to you because your in Russia.

COULD IT BE? But as incompetent as Take-Two is, I doubt they're incapable of proper grammar. Still, definitely make sure it's not fake. :panic:

Edited by D T

@Good-NTS dude..there are a lot of grammar mistakes.This is fake.Why you close OPENIV when that letter is fake?

usually you get c&d letters in your native language, so good probably translated it from russian when posting.

when u saw a r* logo u knew u were about to play a good fkn game now its just another symbol of corporate f*ckery!!! boycott gtao and rdr 2!

You know what? I bet you that this is fake. You know how easy it would be to send a fake letter "from Take Two"?

I'm pretty sure the OpenIV guys aren't stupid - when they say it's an official C&D request I'd believe that they made damn sure it was real before complying.

mockba.the.borg

Guys,

We need to read between the lines.

1. Gunrunner is released, and it is rumored to be "the last DLC".

2. When we run it, we get some money "rolled back".

3. We get a message saying: "Don't mod, we will be watching you" or something like that.

4. Now OpenIV becomes banned.

Basically, for me, this means:

On 1: Gunrunner is indeed the last DLC.

On 2: They rolled back money added by hackers, but not money added by own. Basically who was millionaire stayed millionaire, meaning: they couldn't separate legit from non-legit.

On 3: For me that just means: "Don't mod, because we don't have the resources to be watching online sessions and patching anti-hacker code anymore".

On 4: They take down OpenIV (and probably will come after other mods/modders as well) to prevent modding information to spread, because of what's on 3.

At least for me this is the scenario being formed.

Cheers,

Mockba the Borg.

• Like 7

Mr.Kurowski

I tried to make a backup of my open iv, but if im running it from other location rather than the default installation location the program won't work.

Is T2 Completely stupid or something? because while this is not only a bad decision to take this away from the players players, this is also a bad business decision too, because what the hell is the point of buying the PC version of GTA 5 if you can't mod it? or am I not seeing this though an evil business mans eyes.

• Like 4

WildBrick142

Hoping to gain more profit right now, they've potentially screwed themselves out of a ton of profit in the future. I'll still buy Rockstar's games, but it's pretty evident right now that Rockstar and Take-Two have lost many potential fans, customers, and players.

I feel the next few days will be interesting.

Shame it had to end this way. Thank you for all the work you've put into the tool over the years GooD-NTS :)

• Like 8

...what the hell is the point of buying the PC version of GTA 5 if you can't mod it?

High framerates, higher resolutions, improved graphics, mouse and keyboard support, no requirement to own one of the consoles.

thoses guys a so fking retard. that's outstanding.

...what the hell is the point of buying the PC version of GTA 5 if you can't mod it?

High framerates, higher resolutions, improved graphics, mouse and keyboard support, no requirement to own one of the consoles.

Honestly, without modding. GTA isnt that much interesting anymore.

GTAO is a grindfest dump since heist. I still play GTA only because mod for SP.

Edited by wootwoots

This is a damn shame. If that C&D turns out to be real then I'm going to assume they're going to take aim at quite a few other projects soon too. Since presumably this is linked with the recent Gun Runners update in GTA:O.

Edited by SK83RJOSH

.. oh man, i never thought that this day will come. GTA modding exist since the release of GTA 1 and it always was a great journey, remember all the great mods for GTA III? Like finally having real life cars in GTA? Man that was a adventure.. but it's over now. I can't really believe that it's true.. sh*t, i met so many good friends thanks to GTA modding, like SAMP and working together on modifications. T2 & GTA: Online ruined f*cking everything.

Edited by Gravarty
  • Like 1

Honestly, without modding. GTA isnt that much interesting anymore.

GTAO is a grindfest dump since heist. I still play GTA only because mod for SP.

• Like 2

For those of you that see this, here is a petition. Let's bring back OpenIV, for you, for me, for us, the community.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/allow-open-iv

why do you make another one , use this https://www.change.org/p/gta-v-modding-community-re-allow-gta-v-modding?recruiter=734009180&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=share_email_responsive

• Like 2

DangerZ0neX

Strauss Zelnick, I hope a mountain lion eats your f*cking face and tear apart your diseased corpse the next time you hike in the woods, you cancerous piece of sh*t yogi.

• Like 9

I forgot about that but still its not really a good idea if they wanna rake in more money and have a better image for themselves.

Edited by Cereal985

Welp, that's a firm nail in the coffin for all my future machinima projects that was using OpenIV extensively.

• Like 9

This is a sad day. Modding brought me to the online GTA community. Modding both the original topdowns and GTA3 was an amazing thing for both gamers and Rockstar.

It's a shame they are so shortsighted that they would reduce their games to yet another console gadfly, getting some headlines and sales at launch and then fading away with a whimper like every other release without a passionate community behind it. Clearly they do not realize the staying power modding has brought their games.

I guess they believe they no longer need modders, and in fact view them as an obstacle in their revenue stream now that they are steadily releasing online content. It's up to us as a community to prove them wrong now.

Personally I won't buy another Rockstar product until this stance is reversed. And yes, I do realize that this is their publisher's policy, but guess what - a publisher isn't a hostage holder. Rockstar has stuck with this publisher for years through various very odd decision-making. They know exactly who they are in bed with.

I don't even play PC, but that's some bullsh*t.

Edited by The-Irish-Hunter
  • Like 4

Grichka Bogdanoff

Press S to spit on Zelnick's eye

S

Edited by Metalz

Guys, remember two years ago?

-snip-

How times have changed...

Thing is, Rockstar has nothing to do with it. It's all coming from T2 and Rockstar has no word on this. They actively support singleplayer modding and they have been seen showcasing modded screenshots and videos before.

• Like 2

Press S to spit on Zelnick's eye

S

Press M for mountain lion to eat his face off

M

• Like 8