• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MeatSafeMurderer

• Claude_Lib

• Mid Night Club

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This situation is resolved.     Original story: We feared that this day would come... And now it's here. The day, when GTA modding was declared illegal.   GTA modding had long and glorious hist

In order to qualify all of the questions we had received during past weeks, we make some explanations: Unfortunately, we were unable to answer those questions earlier due to real life (yeah we have so

Here is my comment on this Rockstar's statement: OpenIV, Liberty City in GTA V and all other mods/projects from my team and me are only specific for Single player. Rockstar must be well aware about t

Do you feel that smelly smell?

rappo from gta5-mods.com retired

Alexander blade not updating the scripthook

GooD-NTS sacred by a "possibly fake" letter

All this happened this week.

Do you smell that?

ehm, scripthook always takes up to a week after an online update...

@quechus13: yea, I can't help but somehow feel a little weird about this.

Edited by SkylineGTRFreak
  • Like 2

The sad part of this whole story is...

We are just a minority.

Let that sink in for a while.

The PC population, let alone those interested in modding, compose more or less 1% of GtaOnline playerbase according to a compiled 2015 population chart that I had bookmarked.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the console playerbase won't even know about this whole sh*tstorm and will continue fully supporting TakeTwo's unethical business practices, while mistakenly blaming Rockstar in the process.

Let's not forget that a few weeks ago TakeTwo's CEO compared his customers to "animals".

Edited by Spectre143

Petition won't do anything. It's rare to see someone winning the court against a multi-billionaire company.

Don't get your hopes up.

Edited by Mr.Arrow

I don't think it's real.

I believe the OpenIV team is done working on the tool.

But then again, I don't know.

Rockstar's grammar has downgraded itself.

Mainly a console player but I did get into pc last year specifically for mods. Can not believe Take Two would shoot themselves in the foot. If they plan on taking down modding videos that is just silly.

Was hyped for RDR2...now not so much because I do not think I can support corporate greed like this.

"Oh shark cards arent a problem everyone says"

Really?

Canceled all SP expansion to focus on gta online and now all the crackdown on even modding sp?

Sure guys

Shark Cards are fine SmH

• Like 12

The thing that really pisses me off is that this has singlehandedly put an end to my livery mods for GTA V. With OpenIV I could easily mess around with the texture files and test them out in the model viewer without having to boot the game up. Now, I'm gonna need to try to find an alternative in case T2 killswitches the distro of OIV that I have...

• Like 1

PCGamer, Eurogamer, Kotaku, VG247...

All I can say is that I'm definitely going to be blocking OIV's access to the internet with my firewall. It'll allow me to keep using it for a while longer, I think.

Edited by Kiryu

The thing that really pisses me off is that this has singlehandedly put an end to my livery mods for GTA V. With OpenIV I could easily mess around with the texture files and test them out in the model viewer without having to boot the game up. Now, I'm gonna need to try to find an alternative in case T2 killswitches the distro of OIV that I have...

>Double post.

this must be a f*cking joke. i mean srsly? they KNOW that gta is so popular because of its mods, if they take that down, they might as well remove weapons from GTA VI

Edited by R4gN0r0K
  • Like 4

The grammar errors could be due to language; the letter could have been translated to/from Russian hence missing words. Not showing the letter could also because they likely told him not to speak about this publicly in detail other than shutting it down, just like the RDRV map mod.

However, it's not out of the realms of possibility that someone could be scamming the OpenIV team either, so I can understand why people would be sceptical. It would be fair to ask them to give us more insight into the situation as there are a lot of eyes on this story now and hearing their side is paramount to getting our facts straight.

The grammar errors could be due to language; the letter could have been translated to/from Russian hence missing words. Not showing the letter could also because they likely told him not to speak about this publicly in detail other than shutting it down, just like the RDRV map mod.

However, it's not out of the realms of possibility that someone could be scamming the OpenIV team either, so I can understand why people would be sceptical. It would be fair to ask them to give us more insight into the situation as there are a lot of eyes on this story now and hearing their side is paramount to getting our facts straight.

This is possible from the fact that all news sites that covered this story and had tried to contact both Take-Two and OpenIV had the same result, no response.

Edited by Thugsworth
  • Like 2
MeatSafeMurderer

Well...I took the nts.update.openiv folder and smashed together a simple batch script to add the final things needed to get it running from a fresh install. It's the last version before the "uninstall later" message was added so it should work forever unlike the new one. You'll need to block the update though.

Take Two's actions here are dispicable. I highly doubt this actually has ANYTHING to do with online. Mods were just cutting a little too deeply into Strauss Zelnick's wood chopping...

Edited by MeatSafeMurderer

This is a bad day for everybody.

Rockstar should just release GTA Online separately.

Let us mod in Peace.

That's non-viable. If GTAO and GTA V were separate products, GTAO would have outsold GTA V several times. It wouldn't have been possible to amortize the investment in both games, unless if each game was sold separately for 60 bucks.

That's non-viable. If GTAO and GTA V were separate products, GTAO would have outsold GTA V several times. It wouldn't have been possible to amortize the investment in both games, unless if each game was sold separately for 60 bucks.

I think that he meant like two environments, rather than 2 games. Some games do that, with no problem.

Hes never played games, hes in private equity https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZelnickMediabasically business to make business, no passion, no understandment of craft or community, just a plain old capitalist sh*tty business. f*ck him.

Capitalism is a dirty business.

• Like 5

in one way this is good, it's means the idiots that only mod to be jerks (like blow up entire sessions, remove money, ect...) can now get in serious trouble for it. Honestly it's about time they stepped it up and started taking this seriously. Yes it sucks for those that were not doing anything that would affect anyone else, but unfortunately there are those idiots in every game that ruin it for everyone.

Edited by kk9fan97

Well, that's bullsh*t. I was tempted to get V on PC as it's on sale. Never mind then.

Same, I don't even want to mod anymore.

The f*cking irony in this is that the Grand Theft Auto games have been kept alive by the modders and their endless efforts to keep games fresh by providing new content out of free will, spending their own time to benefit the community (and unfortunately in turn Take-Two). There are still hundreds of thousands still playing VC,III,SA and IV some old and some new, maybe even those whom only picked it up because of a particular mod.

Well, I will say this, it is my opinion but it sounds like it is related to Online and more specifically them wanting even more shark cards, it seems like a serious case of addiction. The latest title update has been a clear sign that T2 wants to milk every penny of the game rather than letting R* to focus on the quality.

Edited by Rented
  • Like 3

They didnt just do this. These Idiots didnt just kill singleplayer mods while the scriptkids in online are running wild. F*ck me sideways, this is even lower than EA ever was.

I hope this backfires at them in the most negativ way possible.

in one way this is good, it's means the idiots that only mod to be jerks (like blow up entire sessions, remove money, ect...) can now get in serious trouble for it. Honestly it's about time they stepped it up and started taking this seriously. Yes it sucks for those that were not doing anything that would affect anyone else, but unfortunately there are those idiots in every game that ruin it for everyone.

These scriptkids in online have nothing to do with open iv. Open iv is useless for their purpose. Please inform yourself before spreading bullsh*t.

Thanks

All I can say is that I'm definitely going to be blocking OIV's access to the internet with my firewall. It'll allow me to keep using it for a while longer, I think.

How can i do that?

I already got some links ton download it again if mine is f*cked.

Whats this offline installer evryone is talking about?

Edited by Black-Dragon96

Do people don't get it??

OPENIV WASN'T FOR CHEATING! IT WAS FOR MODDING! SCRIPT KIDDIES =/= MODDERS! OPENIV EVEN BLOCKED YOU FROM ACCESSING ONLINE!

Edited by MGgames100

except OpenIV has nothing to do to trainers and script menus used to be jerks and blow up entire sessions.

It's not exactly fair for people to outright be banned from it because of some jerks.

• Like 2

It saddens me seeing this happen to such a fantastic tool, and it saddens me even more to see both GTA and Rockstar Games fall to such a level. The effect GTA Online has had on both modding and the lack of single player content in GTA V worries me a lot for Red Dead Redemption 2 - and that really sucks considering I used to hold Rockstar Games to a very high regard.

Edited by Wheatley

You can't cheat with OpenIV. You can't even join a online session with modified files. Cheaters are using special trainers which hooks into the .exe or dx files idk and allows you to do sh*t online. Afaik even Script Hook prevents you from going online.

Edited by Gravarty
  • Like 4