Take Two vs. Modding

GooD-NTS

Let's see how their RDR 2 sales turn out because of this folly.

Considering it is not releasing on PC I'd say probably pretty untouched.

• Like 2

burger_mike

Oh ok so I guess RIP looking for beta stuff, making proper songs out of the strings, AND modding. My genocide crusade begins here...

• Like 2

ezgif-4-5f3b587d5a.jpg

Bitch Ass Bullshit

GET NEWS OUTLETS ON THIS. I GET MAP MODS THAT USE GAME FILES AS THATS THEIR ip BUT OPENIV IS WHAT HAS KEPT THEIR GAMES ALIVE AND DOESNT DISTRIBUTE THEIR FILES. IM F*CKING DONE WITH TAKE TWO

Edited by fraggz99
  • Like 1

"We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways."

Remember this too ?

• Like 10

Keep in mind, this is not Rockstars fault, this is Take Two. Rockstar has absolutely no control over this and promotes single player modding. T2 on the other hand doesn't want that to happen.

• Like 6

oCrapaCreeper

"We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTAIV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTAIV. Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods. Our primary focus is on protecting GTA Online against modifications that could give players an unfair advantage, disrupt gameplay, or cause griefing. It also bears mentioning that because game mods are by definition unauthorized, they may be broken by technical updates, cause instability, or affect your game in other unforeseen ways."

Remember this too ?

Gotta keep in mind, this was a friendly PR rep at Rockstar who wrote this, not a lawyer from Take-Two. The latter is much more scary and will disregard things already said to shove the law into your face.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2

Darkprodigy

lol and some dumb ass believes this some one blew some smoke up someones ass its an add on for a video game that be like saying custom wheels and aftermarket parts are illegal if it doesn't violate a copy right law or make the game able to run with out buying it then yeah maybe but for an add on get rekt lol

Pffft, they won't catch me.

• Like 2

burger_mike

Jokes on them im behind 7 proxies.

• Like 2

ezgif-4-5f3b587d5a.jpg

This is a head scratcher. OpenIV does a lot more than give us tools for playing in SP, but the GTA machinima channels use it to create content. Ugh, what a mess.

f*ck, Duggy's Machinimas are basically over, and that guy is my absolute favorite Youtuber.

Seriously, f*ck Taketwo, I'm not even buying RDR2 anymore because of how greedy their c*nt of a CEO is. Sadly, this won't do jack sh*t, diehard Online fanboys and retarded redditors will still gobble Rockstar's and Taketwo's dick for decades. Some of them will ignore this happened since they believe it doesn't matter because it didn't affect them, and others will unleash their inner shill and defend Taketwo's scummy actions to the death.

What a load of rubbish.

Nah man, I ain't gonna be licked over this but projects I've been working on are put on hold for the moment. Me and other machinima creators will figure something out to keep going.

But still doesn't change how utterly stupid this decision is!

Edited by Duggly
  • Like 1

Wow nice T2. They give a f*ck off the pc Community... i think the PC Community are the biggest and than they do this... i didnt buy next gta.

• Like 2

I found a mirror. I will now distribute it to anyone needing it. PM me.

You know you lot can fight back. Instead of making pointless petitions you can spread the latest OpenIV. TakeTwo doesn't want it to be spread, f*ck them and make tons of link mirrors and pass them about. Make a torrent so it can never go down.

• Like 2

p6vLMUz.png

Read my plate.

We should all do this as an act of protest just to make T2 notice or something....should we?

Flying Scotsman

On a more serious note - is it possible to upload the source of openIV onto a torrent site and let users keep it alive?

I update Enhanced Native Trainer using OpenIV (the best tool you can ever have as a developer) and it's an absolute life saver but for an idiotic publisher to waltz in and put their foot in it is beyond insane. I'm not going to stop developing for ENT, but I know many who don't want OpenIV to die either.

• Like 2

mockba.the.borg

The most interesting part of all this is that in two weeks the modders/griefers/hackers/money-droppers will all be back onto GTA:Online.

Mayhem as usual.

I mean, this supposing AB actually releases the natives translation from b1032 to b1103.

If he doesn't, then it will take three weeks, not two.

• Like 2

So, we decided to agree with their claims and we're stopping distribution of OpenIV.

I should've said this earlier, but you should at least let the current user of OpenIV keep their copy instead of making an update to give option to uninstall or not.

Most of the OpenIV user (at least myself) felt really grateful that this tool exist and wish not to let go of the current OpenIV copy. Even though T2 release a C&D for V modding using this tool, at least it's still usable for IV, EFLC and MP3. And as an OpenIV user, I choose to keep my copy of OpenIV on my hard drive.

Thank you for this magnificent tool. Hope you have better luck in the future.

• Like 4

unknown.png

We must distribute the rollback files and devise the plan to continue to be able to use mods and keep it down in case the SP mod users start getting banned.

• Like 2

Wow nice T2. They give a f*ck off the pc Community... i think the PC Community are the biggest and than they do this... i didnt buy next gta.

I won´t buy it too I want to give a big f*ck you to sh*t2

oCrapaCreeper

So, we decided to agree with their claims and we're stopping distribution of OpenIV.

I should've said this earlier, but you should at least let the current user of OpenIV keep their copy instead of making an update to give option to uninstall or not.

If you click on "Uninstall later" the tool will still open and function normally, you just need to keep clicking that everytime you open it.

• Like 2

DangerZ0neX

Let's see how their RDR 2 sales turn out because of this folly.

This might lose them a tiny percentage of consumers, but not the overwhelming majority of casual gamers who would buy RDR2 because they remembered playing the first one, those are the real moneymakers because they're too ignorant and simply don't give a sh*t about what goes on behind the scenes.

They'll just buy a console copy, since the common consumer is tasteless and generic enough to do that, and then play the game and move to other games once they're finished. They're basically cattle moving around to be milked for all the they're worth, and thats simply incurable.

Taketwo and Rockstar will still have a goldmine at the end of the day, and not only that, RDRO will be a much more damned yet more efficient model of Online. Integrity is f*cking dead.

• Like 6

I would recommend blocking OpenIV's internet connection with a firewall in case another update comes around and forces you to uninstall it!

• Like 2

We must distribute the rollback files and devise the plan to continue to be able to use mods and keep it down in case the SP mod users start getting banned.

I have prepatch update.rpf up and ready on zippyshare, if anyone wants it...
  • Like 3