Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,453 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

Take Two vs. Modding

Mr.nobodyyouknow69

If they don't allow us to bring LC to GTA V, then why don't we take V's San Andreas to IV? :p I personally think that main issue about OpenIV is Liberty City V map mod rather than "online hacking".Because Rockstar is planning to bring it.This CD order is kind of an confirmation of Liberty City DLC. ^^

That would be a great idea, or maybe we could recreat the entire gta world in that game as well

Olanov

Misunderstanding I'd say. You could still access online with modded archives. Even when we had mods folders, you could do it. OpenIV.asi did not restrict at all as far as I'm aware. It only enabled usage of modded archives. (Correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe it was Scripthook which restricted people's ability to go online with script mods. There were however bypasses created for those.

Safe to say, even if you modified most of the stuff, you'd end up in your own lobby, unable to play with people unless they had the same stuff back then.

If we're talking about playing Online with modified archives, the protection against it was implemented all the way back then as well. It might have been cracked and then updated, I don't know, but the point is that it was there att that time.

With installed ASI loader and plugin, you will not be able to go into GTA Online. This will keep you from accidently banning and GTA Online will be protected from modifications.

Interesting. Not sure about that though. I know up until few months ago, I know bunch of my friends were still playing GTA O with their own mod package.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883756163 ico_external_link.gif

Here's the date. Up until that point they had been just havin' a jolly ol' time. Can also say it worked for ages, personally.

Edited by Olanov

Tranquility Base Hotel

reading what all you internet lawyers have to say is entertaining at least.

the facts are before you.

A. where is this "mysterious" letter ordering cease & desist ?

B. why would you take a letter ( that allegedly has multiple grammatical errors) seriously ?

C. why would you walk away from 10 years of work without so much as a whimper ? stand your ground.

( god damn dude, be a man )

D. a letter is just that, a letter. it's not a court action. it's just a letter.

just further proof, the millennial's are absolute vaginas. also, I don't believe we are getting the whole story.

yes @GooD-NTS I'm calling you out ... show us some proof of your claims.

Can you f*ck off? R* and Take Two went full damage control and didn't deny the C&D.

Edited by SuperHolySheep

Yinepi

I wish Rockstar would leave Take-Two. Rockstar doesn't need Take-Two to publish their games. Given GTA's popularity, practically any publisher would want a peice of that money. Take-Two needs Rockstar more than the other way around, as without Rockstar Take-Two really has nothing worthwhile to offer.

I'd imagine they have a 15 year contract at the very least, right?

If they do, I imagine it would all up to when it was signed or renewed.

Claude_Lib

Interesting. Not sure about that though. I know up until few months ago, I know bunch of my friends were still playing GTA O with their own mod package.

I know that VisualV mod was once told to be compatible with Online:

VisualV 1.0.290 RELEASED!

1.0.290 version:

- GTA Online support (but it's a bit risky to go with mod).

but I never tried it myself.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=883756163

ico_external_link.gif

Here's the date. Up until that point they had been just havin' a jolly ol' time. Can also say it worked for ages, personally.

And two days later CP releases VisualV 1.0.310:

VisualV 1.0.310 RELEASED!

1.0.310 version:

- GTA Online support has been abadoned due to changes in anti-cheat system.

Edited by Claude_Lib

Olanov

I know that VisualV mod was once told to be compatible with Online

We didn't mess with that, personally. It was all about modded archives. This included bunch of files to manipulate the traffic spawn, wanted level systems, car models/textures, weapons, peds, etc.

anthony

lol first the false GTA that GTA 5 was, the Online & SP and all that sh*t, and then now this (if it's really true); I'm sure I'm going to laugh about the quality of their next games, especially the GTA Series and how this peoples are going to turns out, (already started) the future of all this is going to be funny.

Edited by anthony

_CP_

Well, VisualV worked in Online, but nobody could join to the session unless someone installed this mod too, and it was used from mods folder.

4pL2Smy.jpg

Spider-Vice

Misunderstanding I'd say. You could still access online with modded archives. Even when we had mods folders, you could do it. OpenIV.asi did not restrict at all as far as I'm aware. It only enabled usage of modded archives. (Correct me if I'm wrong here) I believe it was Scripthook which restricted people's ability to go online with script mods. There were however bypasses created for those.

Safe to say, even if you modified most of the stuff, you'd end up in your own lobby, unable to play with people unless they had the same stuff back then.

Nope, OpenIV also disallowed Online access. I guess what C And this "your own lobby" thing is not a thing since late 2015 or so, where they patched the game to check for modified files with or without OpenIV.asi.

I guess what _CP_ said. It still doesn't make sense because they actually created lobbies just for you.

Edited by Spider-Vice

Olanov

Nope, OpenIV also disallowed Online access. And this "your own lobby" thing is not a thing since late 2015 or so, where they patched the game to check for modified files with or without OpenIV.asi.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875719454 ico_external_link.gif

Care to explain?

Dutchy3010

No, no, no, I cant believe this. This is a black day in modding history.

@GooD-NTS and your team: Thanks for all the effort and everything you guys meant for the modding community.

Claude_Lib

All I wanted to say with those massive complicated quotes is that OpenIV.asi was always required to play with modified archives and it never allowed users go Online with them, apart from short time period when it was somehow possible.

Spider-Vice

Nope, OpenIV also disallowed Online access. And this "your own lobby" thing is not a thing since late 2015 or so, where they patched the game to check for modified files with or without OpenIV.asi.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=875719454 ico_external_link.gif

Care to explain?

Check my edit. It still doesn't justify their action, they developed the game around OpenIV's existence.

Olanov

Care to explain?

Check my edit. It still doesn't justify their action, they developed the game around OpenIV's existence.

Oh, don't get me wrong buddy. I'm not here to justify their actions, I'm all against it. I'm just saying it was possible.

Mr.nobodyyouknow69

Pretty good gaming just posted this

Razor440

7HfnXia.png

You're welcome. ;)

DangerZ0neX

Oh my God, the stupid "well done, Take Two!" crowd is f*cking everywhere and they're still doubling-down on their ignorance even if you posted proof.

Seriously, they're f*cking everywhere ranging from YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and even 4chan. Like, people on 4chan of all places supporting and defending a scummy videogame corporation despite hating Ubisoft and EA to death. It's all the exact same garbage of "Take Two dealt with modders because it ruined Online, what's the problem with that?", there's no end to this.

Mr.nobodyyouknow69

@GooD-NTS and your team: Thanks for all the effort and everything you guys meant for the modding community.

WAIT! How about instead of modding gta 5 we instead mod gta 4. That game hasn't had a good mod in along time, and it'll drive players away gta 5 and online. That will get there attention!

scalliano

Because you need OpenIV for that too.

Forget EA and Ubisoft, T2I has gone full Konami.

Edited by scalliano

Mr.nobodyyouknow69

Because you need OpenIV for that too.

Forget EA and Ubisoft, T2I has gone full Konami.

So make it work for gta 4 then or make something similar to open iv

Yinepi

WAIT! How about instead of modding gta 5 we instead mod gta 4. That game hasn't had a good mod in along time, and it'll drive players away gta 5 and online. That will get there attention!

Except that won't? GTA4 and 5 are different games with different capabilities. The GTA4 version of RAGE is much more limited. Besides which, GTA4 is also an older game and not likely to attract enough users to make a size-able impact.

@scalliano

OpenIV can still be used, and it's latest build supports most every file format in GTA4 and EFLC. Just download, install, update, and click "uninstall later" on the pop-up that appears. Speaking of download, I would highely suggest people grab it from GTA5 Mods while they can, in the case of its removal.

Edited by Yinepi

Spider-Vice

Okay, so even if OpenIV itself did allow Online access, it's clear Rockstar did do something about modders, by using modded lobbies and not allowing anyone else in but those with the same mods. Yet, without the OpenIV ASI, it would just kick you out. Which means Rockstar did develop the game around the tool's existence and seemed to be allowing people to enjoy some Online action with visual mods in private lobbies.

Which makes their reasoning even more bullsh*t.

Piggsy pls

Oh my God, the stupid "well done, Take Two!" crowd is f*cking everywhere and they're still doubling-down on their ignorance even if you posted proof.

Seriously, they're f*cking everywhere ranging from YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, and even 4chan. Like, people on 4chan of all places supporting and defending a scummy videogame corporation despite hating Ubisoft and EA to death. It's all the exact same garbage of "Take Two dealt with modders because it ruined Online, what's the problem with that?", there's no end to this.

They act like GTA Online doesn't deserve to get ruined lol, Rockstar did a good enough job at that themselves considering how sh*tty it is now, hackers or not.

PatrickW

T2 f*cking themselves again by f*cking modders?

Some companies never learn.

A sad day.

Respect to GooD-NTS,

enjoyingorc6742

R* has gone from being top of the world in 2014/2015 to being one of the most hated companies in 2017. that's faster than Atari in the 80s, EA in the late 2000s, and Activision in the early 2010s

Silent

A sad day.

Respect to GooD-NTS,

Old memories are back, eh?

Mr.nobodyyouknow69

Except that won't? GTA4 and 5 are different games with different capabilities. The GTA4 version of RAGE is much more limited. Besides which, GTA4 is also an older game and not likely to attract enough users to make a size-able impact.

@scalliano

OpenIV can still be used, and it's latest build supports GTA4 and EFLC. Just download, install, update, and click "uninstall later" on the pop-up that appears. Speaking of download, I would highely suggest people grab it from GTA5 Mods while they can before it gets removed.

Mabey we should make gta 4 more moddable this time, I mean I don't know how to program mods but if we could find ways to make modding gta 5 easier, I think we could do the same to 4

Yinepi

A sad day.

Respect to GooD-NTS,

Old memories are back, eh?

Do you like your Coffee hot, right?

Edited by Yinepi

PatrickW

A sad day.

Respect to GooD-NTS,

Old memories are back, eh?Pretty shocking, yeah...

R12T86

They just can't understand.Hackers keep dropping money from sky and ruining online.Even after block OpenIV.And they will be mad when they realize.I hope they can see it.