Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,180 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

Take Two vs. Modding

OutragedMetro

That's it, I'm not play any more GTA V (or any other Rockstar game) until they go back on this.

Uninstalled all my GTA games as well.

I hear you on this its ridiculous how they could of done this. Long live the modding community!

Starkka15

Modding will continue... and I doubt OpenIV will actually need updates for the life of GTA V.. They may encrypt future dlc's but who needs them for Single Player anyways... I'm going to continue using OpenIV, and let Take Two do what they want, even if I have to keep rolling back to 1.0.1103 of the game... (XD I just looked it up...)

Edited by Starkka15

ChiroVette

The people upset with Rockstar are not "kiddies" (not sure what you imply with this), they are paying customers who are upset with their business practices. I've said my piece on this and dont plan to argue this much longer, suffice to say that anyone still defending this action and thinks its just poor poor Rockstar being victimized by Take 2 has some serious nostalgia blinders on.

I dont take pride in being correct when I say Rockstar has become a shady, greedy company. In fact it deeply saddens me. But I also do not fear the truth.

When it comes to GTA V, you and I don't agree on...well, much of anything, really. But this I completely agree with you about.

As I posted in another thread about this, I will quote it here:

On a more serious note, Rockstar has really taken their douchebaggery to a higher level. I almost (and I mean almost, as in barely) understood them deciding against SP DLC. I mean, all the Freemium/IAP money they can make on shark cards means that getting people tired of SP as soon as possible, seems to be a viable strategy to entice more and more players online, where they might be tempted to buy the Idiot-Bucks.

If I had to guess, and this really is just a guess, making mods illegal is yet another dirty trick, modeled after typical freemium thuggery, to manipulate people into growing tired of SP as well.

I mean, think about it for a sec. Modding adds an absolute ton of fun and many, many hours of SP entertainment. These people (people like me and many others who love V's mods) are proportionally less likely to go online, and thus also less likely to spend money on shark cards. So pulling the plug on modding, is an intentional move to siphon fun from SP to manipulate us into going online.

Well, to be honest, I have absolutely no proof of this. It is all supposition on my part. Suffice it to say, I have lost a great deal of respect for Rockstar. I mean, when is the money enough? Not that companies shouldn't try to make as much as possible. But using typical freemium thuggery and disreputable tactics to do it is a new low for Rockstar.

Note: I probably misspoke in that post, citing Rockstar, as this is probably a Take2 decision, not a dev decision.

Yinepi

The end of GTA is imminent. This is what the online mentality does to companies and how it only negatively effects the quality of the series, causes anger and resentment in the user base and forever changes public perception and reputation of the developers. I've seen this happen numerous times with most every series I loved from my childhood. Déjà vu, Been There Done That, etc.

Can't create a better reponse right now. I'm busy Installing mods into GTA San Andreas. ;)

Edited by Yinepi

MrDrCold

I dont think ill be buying games from R* or Take Two anymore if their going to do this

Mods were the main reason i still play GTA V

The Wandering Hunter

f*ck sake

i wanted to buy sp gtav on pc so i could mod it with a10 warthogs and sh*t

well f*ck you cockstar i'm not buying it.

LennyH

Update: Take Two Interactive has responded. The company states, "Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody.

WTF?

Edited by LennyH

FlyeThemoon

“When Take 2 gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make Take 2 take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?!

_MK_

If you're trying to do a fresh install of OpenIV and the installer simply fades away or disappears there's a way to get it to install,PM me if you encounter this issue.

Ivan1997GTA

Next thing you know, Take Two is probably going to ban mods for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas in the near future.

Starkka15

Next thing you know, Take Two is probably going to ban mods for GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas in the near future.

Highly doubt it... the backlash would even be worse and I'm pretty sure they would lose all their PC fan base.... all of it..

zanesix

It wouldn't make any sense why Rockstar/Take Two would try and take away 3D era mods since all of those games are way over a decade old and have no threat on their sales. But you just never know with these people...

Edited by zanesix

M*A*R*I*N*A

Update: Take Two Interactive has responded. The company states, "Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody.

WTF?Source?

BorisVorontsov

take 2 meeting about what to do with the cheaters

R* dev: sir we are losing income due to mod menus on pc

Straus: fk the board is going to be pissed

R* dev: well we can probally put a anti cheat system

straus: how much we are talking here?

R* : writes a number on a paper

straus: too much what are the cheapest options

R*; well we can kill open iv and put a nice warning message about cheating when everyone loads in for the first time

straus: excellent! Do that so the board can shut up about profits. ha proper anti cheat haha not in my budget

No, making anticheat is not costly. All support of the game after it's release as additional programming and bug fixing is very cheap and rarely many people involved in to this process, because it's easy.

zanesix

WTF?
Source?

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-rockstars-statement-about-take-two-shutting-down-gtas-openiv-modding-tool/?utm_content=buffer227bc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Yinepi

It would hard to do that though. Sure, they can claim they do not want people to mod any GTA game, but implementing that practice would be tough for games that are not being hand-held by internet connectivity. They would have to take extreme measures to prevent it. Likely requiring spending millions of dollars on lawsuits to scare the public into submisson.

GTAV is like an under-developed country with a fascist dictator.

Edited by Yinepi

LennyH

WTF?
Source?

http://www.pcgamer.com/heres-rockstars-statement-about-take-two-shutting-down-gtas-openiv-modding-tool/?utm_content=buffer227bc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Here as well:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/06/15/popular-gta-modder-tool-receives-a-cease-and-desist-from-take-tw/

theNGclan

So how do the OIV team feel about people tinkering with OpenIV to continue using it?

Fuzz_ball

I don't know if anyone has said it anywhere in the 60+ pages of comments.

Is there a way where people behind OpenIV work with R*/T2 on making an authentic modding tool for GTA:V. Something what Bethesda have for Fallout4, minus the pay part. Thus keeps the modding life alive for future R* games, people can make their own mods, no cheating devices in Online, and everyone wins. R* already stated in one of their newswire back a year or so ago, regards of mods. They don't care if you mod Single Player, but you can't touch Online. So R* knows how big the modding community is for the games. I know they seen how long GTA:SA is still alive and they had no issue with GTA: VC and GTA:SA in the RAGE engine. That was using the OpenIV.

I think what ticked them, was someone copy everything from GTA:IV and pasted them into GTA:V. That is my only guess.

Sunrise Driver

That's their reply?

REALLY???? That's piece of dog s**t, not a reply.

Remember that C* hates PC gaming?

The only reason GTA 5 is on PC with Online updates because it has high sales figures on PC, higher than on Xbox One.

But for C* consoles are still better. Despite high # of PC sales they still don't care about it. Hence why RDR3 is for consoles only.

F**k Turd2 and C* - the worst companies out there.

Edited by Street Mix

Mid Night Club

Oh, Okays. Now Take-Two's trying to hide the bad reviews lest risking their stock plunge.

DCZJAw6XkAILWrN.jpg

Fuzz_ball

So how do the OIV team feel about people tinkering with OpenIV to continue using it?

That is a big no-no. T2 will attack if anyone who takes OpenIV and alters it.. Legal side, it is illegal.

theNGclan

Shows the reviews on my end. 24% Positve. Mostly Negative.

Mid Night Club

That is a big no-no. T2 will attack if anyone who takes OpenIV and alters it.. Legal side, it is illegal.

Haha, I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to China. ;)

Perks of a communist government. Will move there soon for other purposes, if what I think is true, then that will be an added bonus. :)

Edited by Mid Night Club

LennyH

"Take-Two's actions were not specifically targeting single player mods. Unfortunately OpenIV enables recent malicious mods that allow harassment of players and interfere with the GTA Online experience for everybody. We are working to figure out how we can continue to support the creative community without negatively impacting our players."

Their main intention was to get rid of a way that people create/import modifications into the game so that they can increase their player base which is completely idiotic.

Mid Night Club

"If you can't mod the game, then mod the logo."

Edited by Mid Night Club

Yinepi

You sure? Because Rockstar don't own the source code of OpenIV. The team could distribute the code to the public in a "as-is" state, to allow users to develop their own modding tools from it.

Thus, even though it is OpenIV code, they would then have no further involvement regarding this "illegal modding" and are not directly encouraging it. They (OpenIV team) would simply be sharing something that is their property to the public domain, which I'm sure is not illegal.

Edited by Yinepi

Fuzz_ball

Oh, Okays. Now Take-Two's trying to hide the bad reviews lest risking their stock plunge.

DCZJAw6XkAILWrN.jpg

RECENT:
Mostly Negative (19,650 reviews)
OVERALL:
Mostly Positive (208,643 reviews)
Edited by Fuzz_ball

Wakka387

WTF?

I said exactly this earlier... yet theres still bitching about take two being "Fun Police"

People only want to hear what they want... so they created an echo chamber and now look... all those fake negative reviews to try to destroy a companies revenue stream for a simple and understandable f*cking reason...